The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:30 PM
Alternative
Whoa!

Nature: Impish

Club Ideas and Discussions

This is a place where you can discuss any club ideas you may have. If you have an idea for a club and want to see if people would join it, or would like to present an idea for a club and don't want to make the club, you can do so here. Just to get a general idea for what to post here, here's a list.

• If you want to make a club, and garner interest for it.
  • If you want to suggest a topic for a club, because you're not a leader type person.
  • Anything else which may seem like it belongs here.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Esper

Since Other Chat did away with the Post Your Problems thread I thought that maybe there could be a club with a similar purpose. I know they said that if you want a thread to vent in that it should go over to OVP, but if you wanted to have a thread that's aimed at people looking for actual advice then it might... maybe... possibly work to have something like a club for peer counselors. Or something. This is not a very thought-out idea and I don't know if it would even go here. Thought I would suggest it though.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I agree with Scarf here.. the Post Your Problems thread was perfect for those who just need someone to talk to and get opinions.. and as a community why should we deny the people the chance to talk about that in a place where everyone can band together and help each other?

I am 100% for Scarf's rec.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
after the Holiday Hop area archived we will need to make a clup to the group on Skype..i tried to find it as they said it used to be here but i didn't ..it would be nice if we started a Skype Host club lol

twiggie "Terry Tay" will be the leader .."Skype Host Club" :3 like Ouran high lol

May Love embrace the world
Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Alternative
Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Arrow View Post
after the Holiday Hop area archived we will need to make a clup to the group on Skype..i tried to find it as they said it used to be here but i didn't ..it would be nice if we started a Skype Host club lol

twiggie "Terry Tay" will be the leader .."Skype Host Club" :3 like Ouran high lol
Well Twiggy, Countryemo and I were only hosting this one. If you want to create a Skype club where you have general skype chats often then go ahead. You don't have to wait for Twiggy to make it.
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
You think that a cosplay group might er garner some attention? I'd like to have one!
Old January 5th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
A club about 'post your problems'? Sounds good to me, if someone can pull it off in the form of a club...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
You think that a cosplay group might er garner some attention? I'd like to have one!
I'm not a fan of cosplaying, as most of the time I only view others cosplay (and it's not always pleasant), but heck, I would join.

---
I want to make a Fairy Tail club. It's a good, popular and weekly updated manga/anime, and I like it a lot. I would like to see if there are other fans over here, though.
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:32 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I was thinking about remaking the Kirby Fanclub if we still have many Kirby fans around but I was also thinking to make a Angel Beats club too.
Old January 20th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

Someone other than me (since I really can't be bothered to dedicate time to that) should make a homework club! It can be used for help with homework yayaya!
Old January 28th, 2012, 02:12 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Starcraft club? dunno, I guess its kind of a gamer's obsession... but considering the fact that probably almost everyone here is a gamer of some sort (probably pokemon), and that starcraft is one of the most succesful RTS games out there, it deserves a thread. Thought of making one before, but I don't have too much time for pokecommunity... so couldn't do it.

Hoping someone takes it upon themselves to do it.
Old February 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM
Soi
Resident Griffon

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Soi
I'd join the Starcraft club if it were made, even though I'm beyond terrible at the game. Same thing with a Skype group thingy.
I also wonder if anyone would join a Warrior Cats club for the book series. I like to pretend I'm not the only person that isn't mesmerizer by this series but i'm usually wrong sadly.
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
I also loved Scarf's Post-Your-Problems idea from over a month ago - just thought that some support for that was worth showing

Also, I had an idea for a club that I may make if anybody would be interested in being part of it - a Joss Whedon fan club. It'd basically be a place to discuss his work (being Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and the upcoming The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods). I'm just a huge fan of his but I didn't know if there were any others like me on PC lol.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soi View Post
I'd join the Starcraft club if it were made, even though I'm beyond terrible at the game. Same thing with a Skype group thingy.
I also wonder if anyone would join a Warrior Cats club for the book series. I like to pretend I'm not the only person that isn't mesmerizer by this series but i'm usually wrong sadly.
I knew I was on the right track when I kept telling myself that your avatar reminded me of Warriors! I just read the first series and a few of the second series (because after that I just can't really get into it), but it's something that I would join if there was one. I'm not sure how popular it would get sadly buuuut it's worth a shot?
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty
I noticed there isn't a moderator in this section at the moment..just thought I should post this:

I submitted a Friends Club!

And hopefully it gains interest.
Old February 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Alternative
Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I also loved Scarf's Post-Your-Problems idea from over a month ago - just thought that some support for that was worth showing :P

Also, I had an idea for a club that I may make if anybody would be interested in being part of it - a Joss Whedon fan club. It'd basically be a place to discuss his work (being Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and the upcoming The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods). I'm just a huge fan of his but I didn't know if there were any others like me on PC lol.
I would support any idea which is revolved around a club of a set of series, similar to the Square Enix club, but so long as it doesn't only revolve around a particular subject, then I'm fine with it. Like, don't just talk about The Avengers or Firefly, or don't get too in-depth for it, then it's fine.

But anyway, I would like to see if anyone would ever consider joining a Gintama club. I've been thinking of making one if anyone would like to join it. :3
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
It could be interesting to see some different kind of clubs in the section, maybe activity based clubs? For example as suggested earlier in the thread a homework club, a support club or a skype club :3 It could have regular events and such and would really be a good way to make new friends and contacts. Other examples could be a general film club with livestreaming etc, clubs for people who want to play online games together (isketch etc?), that kinda stuff... I'm up for starting one of these clubs if someone else doesn't but it'd be nice to gauge interest first - how would people feel about a homework club or a problems/support club? Which would be preferred?
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Alternative
Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
It could be interesting to see some different kind of clubs in the section, maybe activity based clubs? For example as suggested earlier in the thread a homework club, a support club or a skype club :3 It could have regular events and such and would really be a good way to make new friends and contacts. Other examples could be a general film club with livestreaming etc, clubs for people who want to play online games together (isketch etc?), that kinda stuff... I'm up for starting one of these clubs if someone else doesn't but it'd be nice to gauge interest first - how would people feel about a homework club or a problems/support club? Which would be preferred?
Activity clubs would be great I would think, especially clubs which are more based for anyone. Only problem is while they'd create bursts of activity, I feel they would be more "come-and-go" based things, such as the homework club. But the film and isketch sort of clubs would be great and I'd totally support that. A post your problems club also falls under the same jurasdiction as the homework club. Unless you can provide something like "Hi, I'm Nurse Joy. How may I help you today" sort of thing; a general help club, that's probably much better.
Old March 17th, 2012, 10:55 AM
SiphonophoreHouse
Beginning Trainer

I'd really like a Big Bang Theory fan club. It's an amazing show, but I just couldn't manage a club.I would appreciate if someone had the initiative to make one.
Old April 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
ii am thiinkiing about makiing a home2tuck troll fan club, but ii dont really know. ii am already pretty busy.
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:00 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Would anyone be interested in a NASCAR fan club? There are a lot of fans out there, just seeing if any here are willing to join a club.

PS. Don't reply to this if you are just going to hate.
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:57 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
What would you people think about a gym related club?

Like a club where people talked about their fitness routines, what they do at the gym, nutrition etc and helped out other members with figuring stuff out. Every week there could be a rotating workout for the members to try and members could also post videos etc to show proper form on exercises or to demonstrate something.
Would anyone be interested in a club like this?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post

Like a club where people talked about their fitness routines, what they do at the gym, nutrition etc and helped out other members with figuring stuff out. Every week there could be a rotating workout for the members to try and members could also post videos etc to show proper form on exercises or to demonstrate something.
I was going to suggest this but lucky you did and saved me from typing all that.
I would so totally join that (read: make it now)

Vigoroth
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera
Paired to ShiningRaichu
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Juicy
Bone to be wild!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post

You could also include little challenges and discussion about avoiding the gym (Not avoiding working out, working out without needing to go the gym though so calisthenic stuff). Not sure if I'd join or not, I don't really post a whole lot but I'd certainly be interested in reading it and it might even give me some motivation to post a bit more.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
@Gym Club -

Would go there to maybe get tips on soft exercises that I could do being disabled and all. I used to work out but I've had to cut way back to basically nil. I'd to there for yeah, learning purposes and progress purposes. i say: Make it!
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
The demand is there so I shall fulfill the demand! I'll make it up for you all tonight.

@Juicy the plan was to do stuff like that, having rotating workouts you could do at home and that you can do at the gym etc.

@Kurui Im sure if you ask and theres enough people therell be members who can figure some stuff out for you, I'll personally look into it once I've made it.

New Club Idea:

How would people feel about a How I met your mother club and/or a Community club (community the tv show)?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links