The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
I want to join :D

Your username: Mentalii.

Well, now that I've done the (very short) sign-up form, I'm gonna answer the current topic. I only have SSBB (Wii), so my top 5 characters just concerns this game.

5) Zero Suit Samus
4) Pikachu
3) Link
2) Falco
1) Kirby

Old July 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
I want to join :D

Your username: Mentalii.

Well, now that I've done the (very short) sign-up form, I'm gonna answer the current topic. I only have SSBB (Wii), so my top 5 characters just concerns this game.

5) Zero Suit Samus
4) Pikachu
3) Link
2) Falco
1) Kirby

Welcome Mentalii! Your Zero Suit Samus choice needs to be higher I love her. I'm seriously using her more and more as each passing day goes by! I have to admit, she's got a great bod! she's just perfect outside of her suit. I'm glad I can still get the special orb and still use her after a slight, couple taunt button usage to change back to her Zero Suit form rather than use her in her suit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
Brawl having one of the best game mechanics.
I'd have to go with Melee on this one The fast-pace action is what makes Melee so much better than Brawl, but everything else Brawl has: stickers, CD's, maps, Adventure mode, etc, are definitely way better with so much to do.
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Welcome to the two new members!

Everyone loves pikachu cause obviously pikachu is awesome (its definitely not because this is a pokemon forum.)

Ive never used zero suit samus I dont think, what does she play like?! dat bod ay Sector

The gameplay in melee is sooo fast compared to the original and brawl, its pretty intense. I have to agree Brawl is probably funner then melee just on replay value of how many things you can do.

Also my sad effort on not getting brawl yet, I need to find it cheap somewhere! Halp!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Mentalii
Back

Ah, Pikachu and its B + down attack, really useful in the Melees mode.
And actually I started using Zero Suit Samus pretty recently compared to Pikachu for example, so I don't have as much experience with her than with the other characters I said, this is why she's only number 5 She's an awesome character, and I prefer by far this form than when she wears her Power Suit (her slowness... Gah).

Old July 29th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Time for controversy... I hate Pikachu in these games with a passion... Down and B spamming is just so annoying when done against you, and the Up and B it has, whilst a good move, I can not master (don't tell me how, I know how, I just hate it with a passion)...

Now, Game and Watch on the other hand... Love his Down and B (really stops those using projectiles, and is awfully effective against Ness and Lucas if you intercept their Up and B as it can instantly fill the bucket if done right)

So, top 5... In reverse order

5. Snake (I love hiding mines randomly)
4. DeDeDe (for... Really stupid reasons linked to Brawlgasm...)
3. Luigi (Come on, I love this guy...)
2. Pwach (just because I can use her well, I feel)
1. Game and Watch (reasons stated above), as well as Diddy Kong (can't realy go wrong with Diddy)

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 11th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Banjora you hate Pikachu and you are therefore dead to me

But anyway, we have been given a few more details (well not really, more like hints of details - but hey, we'll take what we can get) about the upcoming Wii U game. Check it out here.

Basically for those who are lazy, it speaks a little about potential ideas for the control system and tells us that while there may be more third-party (i.e. non-Nintendo ala Snake and Sonic) characters introduced in the game, there won't be too many more because introducing too many non-Nintendo characters would take the focus out of the game... which I agree with.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Spinosaurus

As long as they keep Snake I'm cool. Really the only 3rd party that I'm fine with.

It's nice to see they're done with the game system. That was pretty fast though, but knowing the Tekken and SC team they are always fast, so it's not all that surprising. Hope the game isn't rushed but comes out earlier than expected.

Anyway I was thinking, why not try putting existent characters in different categories based on their playstyle? It could get people interested in trying a character that suits their playstyle more. Kind of like...

Campers/Zoners:
Snake
Yoshi

Rushdown:
Meta Knight
Marth

Tanks:
Bowser
Ike

Primarily Aerial:
Wario
Jigglypuff

Primarily Ground:
Olimar
Donkey Kong

Etc etc. Of course character should not only be in one category, since Snake is also a ground fighter and a tank and Wario is rushdown. I'm studying each character to see what category to put them in but help is appreciated. (Haven't played for 2 months though.)
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
To clarify, I love Pikachu anywhere else, but in Brawl, the amount of people who spammed Thunder annoyed me so much....

That list looks interesting...
Campers/Zoners:
Snake
Yoshi

Rushdown:
Meta Knight
Marth

Tanks:
Bowser
Ike
Snake

Primarily Aerial:
Wario
Jigglypuff

Primarily Ground:
Olimar
Donkey Kong

I've only added one character to a bit I felt he deserved, as Snake can be a bit of a tanker depending on the situation.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Sector

Interesting Spino. Very good thinking for this list! So since its been nearly a week, I will include my 5 favorites..(Also re-arrange to put them in ABC order, to make it easier to read rather than being a random list):

Campers/Zoners:
Snake
Yoshi

Rushdown:
Fox
Marth
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Sonic

Tanks:
Bowser
Ike
Snake

Primarily Aerial:
Fox
Jigglypuff
Peach
Sonic
Wario

Primarily Ground:
Diddy Kong
Falco
Olimar

As you can see, I like to be fast & be in air at all times, that's my playstyle. There ya have it! Yes, I know I put Fox/Sonic in twice, but I do both & it was extremely hard to choose one & not the other. Really enjoy both of them a lot!

Last edited by Sector; August 18th, 2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Forgot Pika!
Old September 10th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Katholic Nun

So guys, news flash! There will be new characters in the new Smash Bros game! Are you shocked? I know I am...

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Username: Leaf Storm

This group....it was calling my name! I just got Brawl a few days ago and I am in love with the game omg! Being a fan of the classic SSB myself, I've adjusted to the modern world and the new characters that came with the game. :D

The main characters I use are Pit and Pikachu, and I sometimes use Marth.

I've heard absolutely nothing about the new game, actually. I'm very tempted to spoil myself xD But if there's new characters in the game, YES PLEASE!

ARIC ALMIROLA
coke zero 400 winner | daytona beach, florida | july 6, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old September 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Katholic Nun

Yay hello Megan! :D

I wouldn't worry about spoiling yourself about the new game, there are literally no details available whatsoever . We're currently in the process of hanging onto the developers' every word, looking desperately for clues as to who or what will feature in it haha.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

I know, right? Dang waiting game!

Anyways, I'm gonna try to revive this club by bringing in a new topic, ya? What characters are you wanting to see on the new SSB?

ARIC ALMIROLA

Shining Armour
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Katholic Nun

As in new characters or just characters in general? Because if they get rid of Zelda/Sheik there will be hell to pay

As for new characters (and I know some of these would never happen but they're on my wishlist regardless):

Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Zero Suit Samus (I'd like the option to start with her rather than having to go to the trouble of using Samus's Final Smash just to get to her), Raichu (ha), more characters from the Zelda and Fire Emblem franchises as well as whichever franchise Ness and Lucas come from (they're always good).

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old September 12th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Mentalii
Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
So guys, news flash! There will be new characters in the new Smash Bros game! Are you shocked? I know I am...

I almost cried for joy when I read your post. Hurrah, a new Smash Bros Game ! But... But... No Wii U And propably will never get it. Well, I guess it would have been stupid to expect a new game on the simple Wii anyway...

What characters are you wanting to see on the new SSB?

Despite the fact above, I'll answer to the topic nevertheless :p
I'd really like to see Daisy ! And Waluigi too, instead of Wario for example. Including a legendary Pokémon would be awesome, I'm thinking about Mewtwo. In every instance it would be better than Lucario, wouldn't it? Or what about a cute Mew

Old September 12th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Sector

Quote:
As in new characters or just characters in general? Because if they get rid of Zelda/Sheik there will be hell to pay
They just can't get rid of her. Zelda has a big fan base, why would they remove her? x) She's like the Luigi to Mario type of relationship with Link. Wouldn't feel right to have one & not the other!
Quote:
As for new characters (and I know some of these would never happen but they're on my wishlist regardless):

Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Zero Suit Samus (I'd like the option to start with her rather than having to go to the trouble of using Samus's Final Smash just to get to her), Raichu (ha), more characters from the Zelda and Fire Emblem franchises as well as whichever franchise Ness and Lucas come from (they're always good).
I knew they were going to add new characters, so they can play around with the move sets! I know I would

You can start with Zero Suit Samus Andy, if you have a Gamecube controller, just hold R when selecting Samus or '-' for Wiimote & with the nunchuck, hold Z. But I agree, add the Samus/Zero Suit Samus sharehold like they did with Sheik & Zelda & Pokemon Trainer.

Also, I'm getting Super Smash Bros Melee back from my nephew this weekend having not having it for nearly 6 years this weekend. I am so psyched to get back into playing an extremely competitive Smash Bros game again! Brawl is just way to causal lately. Gotten boring a bit playing solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post

What characters are you wanting to see on the new SSB?

When you said Daisy, I was actually thinking of having that spot shared with Peach there. Or go through the colors & have her show up like how Wario has two completely different appearances.

I'm sticking to my line with Krystal. Need. Her. Staff!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sector; September 12th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Katholic Nun

Quote:
You can start with Zero Suit Samus Andy, if you have a Gamecube controller, just hold R when selecting Samus or '-' for Wiimote & with the nunchuck, hold Z. But I agree, add the Samus/Zero Suit Samus sharehold like they did with Sheik & Zelda & Pokemon Trainer.
Exactly. This was the one thing that upset me about Brawl. They need to make each mode more easily accessible. If that means adding a Down B like they do for Zelda/Sheik, so be it. Though I didn't know that about holding down Z to start with her. Thanks! :D

Oh and yes Krystal. It'll never happen since she hasn't appeared since GameCube (if they were going to do it they would have added her in Brawl instead of Wolf) but I'd love to see it too.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

I will agree that Zero Suit Samus needs to be accessible easily instead of waiting to get a final smash. I wanted to do classic mode with her, but sadly I'm stuck with Samus! It's alright though. :D

Also, a few days ago I finished Adventure Mode and unlocked Sonic :D. I need to unlock Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf left...but I know those are incredibly hard to unlock :x

To answer my own topic, I personally want to see Mewtwo. I thought it'd appear on Brawl, like Mentalii said, it'd be much more powerful than Lucario. The Earthbound characters (that's the name, Raichu xD) are always interesting, since I play Ness a lot more than Lucas. They're easier to manage :D

ARIC ALMIROLA

Shining Armour
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Sector

Quote:
Exactly. This was the one thing that upset me about Brawl. They need to make each mode more easily accessible. If that means adding a Down B like they do for Zelda/Sheik, so be it. Though I didn't know that about holding down Z to start with her. Thanks! :D

Oh and yes Krystal. It'll never happen since she hasn't appeared since GameCube (if they were going to do it they would have added her in Brawl instead of Wolf) but I'd love to see it too.
As another method, you could also do this, when you get the smash & not want to use her suit during the game at all:

Hold the GameCube/Wii Remote so the left and right hand thumbs are on the Up and Down taunt Control Pad buttons respectively. For the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, put your thumbs on the 1 and 2 buttons.

Press Up Taunt first. This is the only thing that actually needs to be pressed in the right order. Press 1 on the Wii remote to activate the Up Taunt first.

During Samus's Up Taunt, rapidly press both Up and Down four times before the taunt ends. For the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, press the 1, then 2 buttons repeatedly. Do not press 1 and 2 at the same time, or else this will activate the Side Taunt.

^ That about sums this up. Hope you got this & tried it right x) ^

All is well, just want a game with Krystal in it again, hopefully this Metroid/Star Fox crossover game has her in it. Shame, us Star Fox fans would definitely love to have her in it, though you'll hear others say they want Panther too(Which is a BIG no-no). Wolf wasn't really necessary anyway
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
SinisterEternity
→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I only hope that there won't be good characters removed from the roster D:

As for Leaf's question, I would love to have Roy back, maybe with a moveset of his own ?
And perhaps characters from the Tales of series, I wouldn't mind playing as Lloyd Irving, haha !
Oh and Tails, too ! Sonic must feel lonely without his friend :'D

Then again I have no Wii-U, no 3DS, and doubt my parents will allow to buy either one. :c

Chit-chatting

A Redtail's Dream
The Super Smash Bros Club

Theme
Looking for
My Deviantart
My FC(s)

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterEternity View Post
I only hope that there won't be good characters removed from the roster D:

As for Leaf's question, I would love to have Roy back, maybe with a moveset of his own ?
And perhaps characters from the Tales of series, I wouldn't mind playing as Lloyd Irving, haha !
Oh and Tails, too ! Sonic must feel lonely without his friend :'D

Then again I have no Wii-U, no 3DS, and doubt my parents will allow to buy either one. :c
Its possible no one knows who will fully be in it. Except for the originals, of course. Roy & Mewtwo would be great to return. I was talking to my friends about Sonic & Tails, like have them as a duo like how the Ice Climbers are, or simply be like Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Shiek & change back & forth to who you want to use during that span.
Quote:
Originally Posted by servine101 View Post
Usernameervine101
I really wanna join! :D
Oh & Welcome!! So tell us about your experience & who do you main with in the SSB franchise? x)
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:35 PM
SinisterEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Its possible no one knows who will fully be in it. Except for the originals, of course. Roy & Mewtwo would be great to return. I was talking to my friends about Sonic & Tails, like have them as a duo like how the Ice Climbers are, or simply be like Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Shiek & change back & forth to who you want to use during that span.
The Pokémon Trainer idea for Sonic and Tails may sound better than the Ice climbers one, so then you'd see Sonic call for Tails and they switch places, Sonic then follows in the background just like the Pokémon Trainer does, until Tails calls for Sonic again.

Though, maybe they could get rid of some useless character and replace it with Tails, too. xDD

Then again I'd really want Roy back D:
If they want to play with move sets, then I guess they can just work on one for Roy himself instead of copying Marth's.
Now if they take out Marth I'm going to die ! lmao

And from what I read, people prefer Mewtwo over Lucario, so I guess bringing Mewtwo back would be a nice idea, too. XD

Chit-chatting

A Redtail's Dream

Theme
Looking for
My Deviantart
My FC(s)

Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterEternity View Post
Then again I'd really want Roy back D:
If they want to play with move sets, then I guess they can just work on one for Roy himself instead of copying Marth's.
Now if they take out Marth I'm going to die ! lmao

And from what I read, people prefer Mewtwo over Lucario, so I guess bringing Mewtwo back would be a nice idea, too. XD
I hate Ike, he isn't really that great. He's strong, yes. But way to slow & clumsy! Marth, Roy & Lyn are the three Fire Emblem characters I expect in the new SSB.

Mewtwo does the moves so much better than Lucario. Not to mention Mewtwo is the face of Legendary Pokemon, just as how Pikachu is the face of all Pokemon. Jigglypuff is one of the originals (They can't touch the originals), so there's 3 Pokemon they must keep. I am curious on what they will odd with Pokemon Trainer in the next SSB. Or if they are even going to keep him & use another type of Pokemon.

What I think they should do with Dr. Mario, is put him in the appearances with Mario together (Like look @ Wario with his WarioWare outfit with his Mario outfit), & keep Dr Mario's moves he had from Melee. Then again, he'd look weird with F.L.U.D.D.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
SinisterEternity

I agree about Ike :/
He is slow, heavy, even King Dedede is better :c
And to think he replaced Roy sorta made me really, really disappointed ! I'd love to see Lynn, too, yes :D
They can just add Roy, replace Ike with Lynn, and so Ike takes Lynn's place as an Assist Trophy xDD

Plus if we look at the character roster (which was a pain to find) :
Spoiler:

In my opinion, I doubt R.O.B will stay, as he was kindasorta exclusive to Brawl ; And since they seem to add 10 new characters every new game, I guess we do have room for...our dreams expectations xD

Also yes, using the outfits for a character change may be quite subtle, but nice to try out - hope they do some day !

I would really LOVE it if they turned the Pokémon trainer into say...One of the latest trainers (BW / BW2), that would be lovely ! :'D
And we use either Samurott or Serperior as the final evolution stage, not too found of Emboar if I have to play a fully evolved pokemon xD

Tepig - Dewott - Serperior
Tepig - Servine - Samurott

...Aaah, that would be so great. Although Samurott might come out slow, I bet they'll make it slow-ish if they are to add it in, considering it's heavier than Charizard.
Ah...dreams...I'm curious yet apprehensive what they are going to do >_>

Chit-chatting

A Redtail's Dream

Theme
Looking for
My Deviantart
My FC(s)

Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hovde

Nature: Quiet
i would like to join!
username:hovde
favorite 5 characters to use(in order of favorite):
1. Samus (power and zero suit)
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Captain falcon
5. Snake (Why is snake in smash brothers anyway?)

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links