The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 29th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfChance View Post
Hey there, just popping in to ask if there is still a spot open? I might be looking to join. I need to be writing something, heh. c:
Hi there Ace :3 It would be nice to have you on one of my RPs. If you're willing to write a lot, you can post an SU for Eevee!

@ drunk - I'll read it now!

EDIT: the SU is fine, except for that the sample text should include how you met Joresh in the city. Buuut you can just include that in your flashback post later. So, you are accepted!

Now, where did you want to start? Route 10? Is there any pokémon from Route 11 that you feel like you'd want?

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Last edited by Adventure; April 29th, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:08 AM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Nature: Relaxed
I've been having weird dreams lately where I start dreaming about real things that are going to happen in my life/ I need to do. If it sounds normal I call them weird because my dreams are usually surreal. Anyway last night I dreampt that Red put the next chapter up. I'm beginning to forget it now but there was a park where you could catch wild pokemon and the arena had those knights but the leader was a flower lady XD. So is that anything like the next chapter?
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Quote:
Originally Posted by The warden View Post
I've been having weird dreams lately where I start dreaming about real things that are going to happen in my life/ I need to do. If it sounds normal I call them weird because my dreams are usually surreal. Anyway last night I dreampt that Red put the next chapter up. I'm beginning to forget it now but there was a park where you could catch wild pokemon and the arena had those knights but the leader was a flower lady XD. So is that anything like the next chapter?
XD

Actually, there will be some parks and gardens in the next city! But no wild pokémon there. And the Arena will be inside a castle and sorry, no flower lady ;3

Old April 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Nature: Quiet
Definitely willing to write a lot, so I will be submitting an SU for sure. And aw, I adore Eevee. It will most likely be done by tomorrow in a few days

[ NAME ] Hayden Alderoan

[ AGE ] 17, Seventeen

[ GENDER ] Male

[ GUARDIAN ] Zekrom

[ STARTER ]

Eevee - "Duchess"
Female, Lv. 10
Tail Whip, Growl, Tackle, Sand Attack, Charm
[ APPEARANCE ]
By the middle class standards he was raised in, Hayden is quite tall -- an understatement to most of his family. At seventeen years old he has almost hit the limit on his growth, but still stands at the height of 5'11" and weighing in at about 150lbs. He has always been well nourished, and he rarely ate the foods that were unhealthy for him. His mother taught him that a healthy boy is a strong boy. With that, he also made sure to keep his body in the best shape possible. He has an athletic build because he exercises on a daily basis. Yet his muscles aren't well defined, and with his normal clothing he just appears lean in figure. His younger sister tells him he is a "tower with secret defense" and encourages him often to keep deceiving people with his hidden strength in case of emergency, to have somewhat of an advantage over his attacker. That is one of the few things he has listened to her about.

Hayden has silvery white hair that is cut just below his chin, and falls in smooth spikes. His hair is the natural shade of blond, but with such distaste for that particular color he dies it every chance he gets. This hair color distinguishes himself from his family, and most don't associate him with the Alderoan's on first look. Yet he does have the facial features of an Alderoan male. Being exposed to less sunlight, he and his family have always had a paler skin than most Arcanum natives. With light hazel eyes that almost always have a disappointed gleam to them and his unnatural white hair, some people have taken to calling him "Ghost." Though he doesn't endorse the nickname, he appreciates the mysterious effect it has.

Another lesson his mother taught him was that "healthy boys are the handsome ones." He has taken great care in making sure no acne or blemishes ruin his skin. Yet no matter how much he cared for himself, he has an oddity on his right (left when looking at the picture) cheek. When he was young he did a foolish thing and cut himself. It left a scar for the world to see. He cursed his luck for having it in such plain sight, but grew fond of it over time.

His attire is built out of mostly blues, black, and silver. When he travels, he is commonly found wearing his favorite black cloak that floats eerily down just past his knees. It has midnight blue lines that accent it in a pattern around the borders. Underneath the cloak is a long sleeved silver dress shirt, sleek black pants, and a white belt with his family's crest on the buckle. He wears black leather boots, too big for his feet, that are held up on the shins with blue ribbons. Hayden is attached to a particular scarf that is dark gray and knitted by his deceased grandmother. It is always on her person, and he never takes it off unless he sleeps.

To finish it off, he wears a black hat that has five blue ties running around it with silver clips on each. He doesn't get too hot often in this dark clothing because it is made with very light fabric. Yet there is nothing to be helped for the fact that black absorbs heat.

[ PERSONALITY ]
Growing up in a family of Historians, Hayden has been privileged with a lot of knowledge about the world and how things work. This doesn't necessarily mean he understands any of it. He has grown up being told things instead of actually figuring them out or experiencing them for himself. He can retain knowledge of a thing but not comprehend its true meaning. Though he is an intelligent boy, this method of teaching has created someone quite naive. He won't accept any criticism form others, as he believes they know very little compared to himself. Hayden refuses to acknowledge when he has done something wrong. He doesn't learn from mistakes often because he believes he has made none.

Which leads to the subject of his hypocritical nature. He won't hold back when giving others opinions or advice. Not even the slightest. If they make a mistake -- big or small -- he is right there to tell them about it, and what he thinks they should do next time. To some, this might be helpful. To others it is probably annoying on many levels. He considers most inferior to him because they are "[...] full of errors. If only the whole world knew what I know -- then these 'Trainers' might actually stand a chance against me and the Pokémon."

His first encounter with other people normally doesn't go too well because of this; and he comes off as rather condescending. Maybe even cruel.

His view on Pokémon differs from most. He has an extremely high and respectful regard for them. In his own words, he views them as "[...] the Kings and Queens of this world" and believes that "We are only here to help them become stronger." He also neglects the term 'trainers' unless it is absolutely necessary to use it, because he sees himself and others as Protectors or Guardians of these Pokémon, and in turn the God Pokémon are Guardians of the people. Hayden also believes that Pokémon are only ever your dearest ally, and never creatures you demand to do your bidding. Those who fight battles and put their partners in danger only for glory disgusts him. This comes with a strong distaste for the people who do not understand his way of thinking. He won't hesitate to educate or otherwise berate others on their cruel methods. He will always stand his ground if someone is mistreating a Pokémon or does not know how to properly aid them when fighting. This sometimes irritates other people, but he cares not for their feelings. The only beings he has and ever will care about are Pokémon or his 'equals'. People are of little concern in his mind - except if they are involved with the creatures of this world.

Hayden does have good sides to him, though they are hard to see at first.

Someone he considers an equal he holds in high value, and he knows the importance of good allies. When he makes a friend (he rarely uses that word, but when he does it means he cares for the person) he will do his best to keep the bond. He acts somewhat differently towards his friends, in a kinder manner, but still portraying some of his other traits the same. Somewhere deep down he feels the same connection with certain people as he does with Pokémon. Those who can penetrate the barriers around this deeper emotion he trusts completely. Though he may not realize, he will do anything to protect people and Pokémon he loves.

Another good thing about Hayden is that he has a relaxed side to him. It doesn't come around often, only when he feels comfortable with his entire surroundings and the people in it. This is where is he the most open to sharing his feelings.

On the outside it might seem impossible, but Hayden is actually insecure about himself. He doubts the things he does or says. He believes he has a set path in life yet he doesn't know where it ends. So he is constantly questioning "[...] whether or not I am doing the right thing." If these choices get him to where he is going.

Hayden also has a personal goal in life. He wants to "[...] change the way this world runs. I want to make people realize all the hurt they pollute the air with. I want Pokémon to be respected and cared for the way they should be. I want to bring happiness back to even the saddest of places." He does believe there is true good in people. He believes the bad ones can change. He only speaks out against them to try and put them on that road to change. So the doubt of whether or not what he does will actually make a change weighs heavily upon him.

He has a few personal skills that shape his personality. Such as a great memory. He has been trained since birth to remember anything and everything he learns. It was practically a crime when he forgot something, and was often scolded and told it again. He remembers most verbal or written things by repeating them over and over again either physically or mentally. He won't often forget something read, said, or even someone's face. Hayden also is very strategic. He won't rush headfirst into something without thinking it over. Having a plan and an escape route should something go wrong is his specialty. Of course, whether those things go according to that plan is another subject. With little experience comes less knowledge of what could happen, and less preparation.
[ HISTORY ]
(WIP)
Hayden was the first blood-related child of Marielle and Jeremy Alderoan. However, the first child will always be recognized as his older adopted brother, Dustin.
[ SAMPLE TEXT ]

WIP

Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten.

GM to A Pokémon Journey: The Road to Victory

Last edited by AceOfChance; May 3rd, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Interesting! I'm looking forward to reading what history could have caused him to think that way about pokémon so deeply?

The only beings he has and ever will care about are Pokémon. People are of little concern in his mind - except if they are involved with the creatures of this world.

That is about the only line of text that tells me anything of how he acts around people :p maybe expand just a little on how he actually is perceived or behaves? When it doesn't come to pokémon, I mean. I know you're not finished, but I'm just hinting ;)

Old April 30th, 2012, 01:07 AM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Haha, I am sorry about that. I am indeed going to expand a lot more on his personality section, I just had to write that down real quick before I left to the store. I promise there is more to Hayden than that. His people skills aren't too great though, I have to say. xD

Old April 30th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Hmm... I feel that AceOfChance's character and my character would maybe get along well. I mean, Soul has about the same views when it comes to Pokémon, I'd be very interesting to see them interact with each other...
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM
The warden
I'm back!

Choosing to spell scarecrow as scareKrow, in my last post, because it makes more sense in the Pokemon world. Good idea?
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

I just have to write out the History and the Sample Text for my SU. Sorry for taking so long, RHCP!

I was wondering if perhaps I could get a little insight to Maydale City? I was thinking that it is the place where Hayden is originally from before he moved to Januvale. I would really appreciate it if you could. c:

Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:38 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Quote:
Originally Posted by The warden View Post
Choosing to spell scarecrow as scareKrow, in my last post, because it makes more sense in the Pokemon world. Good idea?
Haha I thought about that, smart ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfChance View Post
I just have to write out the History and the Sample Text for my SU. Sorry for taking so long, RHCP!

I was wondering if perhaps I could get a little insight to Maydale City? I was thinking that it is the place where Hayden is originally from before he moved to Januvale. I would really appreciate it if you could. c:
It's ok, as long as I hear that you're alive.

Maydale City: It's large and bustling even though people are generally easy going here. Most houses are wooden and very traditional looking. There aren't many high sky scrapers, still it's referred to as a City rather than a Town because of its large population. It's situated near the large Loch Mays, where a lot of fishing and swimming is done in the calm but deep waters. A water monster is said to dwell there though...

Maydale City is known for its artists and performers. There is a large Circus that serves as both a stage for performances as well as the pokémon Arena! There are also a lot of clubs with singers and musicals, as well as theaters. It's an artistic and friendly city, to put it shortly. There are also, much like Feborough, lots of farmers around the city that flock to the great market to sell and buy wares.

Old May 12th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Sorry but school is starting to kick my sorry butt by providing 7-9 different tests under 4 weeks. So I won't be able to post that much, although I will try to get a post up as fast as I can... Sigh, I can't wait for summer...
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Kay :3 I'm active and here, but I can't post until someone else posts ;p hope your tests go well and that we can get this thing moving a bit in the summer.

Old May 15th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

So, the IC thread looked lonely so I gave you all a present. Marchall City. It's there when you need it.

Old May 15th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
My big exam is over so I'm going to attempt a post today. Hopefully. I need a nap first.

Old May 17th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

I guess the inactivity is mostly because of exams and other school related things. But I'm toying with the idea of rebooting Arcanum. It would still be the same region and places but the reason for going on a journey would be a bit different (it would make more sense) and it would be more strictly chaptered and maybe even allow for more players to join. And of course all of you would be automatically reserved, no matter if you wanted to keep your old character or make a new one. You would join one of the two teams instead of set off because some old man told you to. And you would have more reason to be rivals.

I'm still just thinking. If all of you enjoy the RP as it is, then I guess there is no need to relaunch it. But you... aren't posting, so there must be something wrong :3 unless it's just school / hardware problems, of course.

Old May 17th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I guess the inactivity is mostly because of exams and other school related things. But I'm toying with the idea of rebooting Arcanum. It would still be the same region and places but the reason for going on a journey would be a bit different (it would make more sense) and it would be more strictly chaptered and maybe even allow for more players to join. And of course all of you would be automatically reserved, no matter if you wanted to keep your old character or make a new one. You would join one of the two teams instead of set off because some old man told you to. And you would have more reason to be rivals.

I'm still just thinking. If all of you enjoy the RP as it is, then I guess there is no need to relaunch it. But you... aren't posting, so there must be something wrong :3 unless it's just school / hardware problems, of course.
I don't mind if you re-vamped it!
It'll sort of give me the opportunity to re-vamp Lynn's family feud plot as well~
Atually, I really want to continue to play as Lynn in this region - she's growing as one of my favorites now. <3

And so is Arcanum; I really love this atmosphere~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

I like Lynn too :3 And I love Arcanum. I feel the region is alive 8D Pity we've only seen 2 ½ towns of it yet xD

If you have suggestions on how to improve it (in case most player here really are in favor of a revamp), please state them here. If it turns out it doesn't have to be relaunched, we can maybe implement a few changes anyways.

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Well I don't feel like you need to relaunch this, it's perfect as it is :D

I just have a TON of schoolwork to do... A lot of tests and other shenanigans...
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
The warden
I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

I would rather you not. I've been really enjoying the RP so far and have a lot of ideas about what Kitaru will do next. That said if you do restart I will join again, maybe with Kitaru maybe not. I wouldn't mind it too much but I would prefer it if things continued as they are. That is as long as things start to pick up soon and we don't start to lose people. If things don't pick up then I would agree whole heartedly with a reboot.

As for the recent inactivity you know my reasons, though I could explain them in a lot more detail. I think everyone is in the same situation really, too busy in real life. I have plans for my free timw, new RPs and what not but until my works done I can't begin with them. If you are still reading by this point then I'm sorry for going on so much.

Real life sucks :p
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

I see, well no we don't have to relaunch :3 it was just an idea to give Arcanum the activity it deserves, hehe. We'll wait some more weeks and see if things work better in the summer~

Old May 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Well, if you're concerned about activity, maybe more spots would be in order?

/throwing ideas

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

I guess that would be an option. Since we're posting relatively isolated, it wouldn't hurt too much with more spots.

Thing is, there is 1 ½ spots open already because AceOfChance has troubles with le computer and drunk hasn't even posted once since he was accepted so he's pretty much booted. More spots won't solve it.

I'll just accept that things are like they are. An RP with long posts like these can't really be as active as some other RPs :3

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

It is mostly school that's likely keeping us. Why is it when the year's winding down teachers slam us with MORE work? We're less likely to remember a normal amount.

And I wouldn't complain about a revamp but I like Arcanum as it is :D

I has a quick question: Does anybody think a Pansear could open a Pokeball? Cause I have this image in my head of Pansear trying to act like a Pokemon trainer? Depending on opinions that might affect my next post

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu View Post
It is mostly school that's likely keeping us. Why is it when the year's winding down teachers slam us with MORE work? We're less likely to remember a normal amount.

And I wouldn't complain about a revamp but I like Arcanum as it is :D

I has a quick question: Does anybody think a Pansear could open a Pokeball? Cause I have this image in my head of Pansear trying to act like a Pokemon trainer? Depending on opinions that might affect my next post :P
Certain pokemon can open Pokeballs with their paws / mini fingers... well, in the anime they can. :B

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

If the pokéball is not empty, they probably could. But if the pokéball is empty... they should be sucked in because of the automatic properties of the pokéball, don't you think?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links