The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?
All The Time...It's all I use! 4 10.53%
Most of the Time..sometimes I like using Weaker Pokemon 4 10.53%
50/50 Pretty Much. 14 36.84%
Very....Very.....Not so much. 12 31.58%
They're to Powerful and Cheap to use, so NEVER! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulek View Post

Most likely not sadly but oh well. Haxorus should have been dragon/fighting if you ask me though lol.

Agreed on the rock/dragon type being a possible new legendary, maybe it will resemble a mummified chimera or something along those lines lol.
So Rock/Dragon and maybe a Grass/Dragon.

Not sure what the typing would be for the 5-6 senses and/or the 7 deadly sins

And of course, we need a Poison!!

And bring out Zekrom/Reshiram together before they were separated?
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I've got the nasty case of dragon overload. LOL. Anyway,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Anyway, The 7 Deadly Sins? Never thought of that, that'd be a great idea! I was thinking more of a:

One Pokemon that sided with the humans many years ago in a war.
One Pokemon that controls all technology or simply like..The Matrix.
One Pokemon that is a leader of EACH Type. So for instance:
I am pretty sure Genesect was the one controlling technology. Or am I mistaken?

Quote:
Wait isn't Shaymin a grass legendary lol.

Hmm the idea of new legendaries resembling the 7 deadly sins would be very interesting to say the least, have 3 exclusive to 1 version and the other 3 on the 2nd version and once you bring all 6 into one game you can catch the 7th member lol.
I love the idea of version exclusivity. Much like how Landorus will not appear in either game if the two other Kami's are not brought to him.

Quote:
So Rock/Dragon and maybe a Grass/Dragon.

Not sure what the typing would be for the 5-6 senses and/or the 7 deadly sins

And of course, we need a Poison!!

And bring out Zekrom/Reshiram together before they were separated?
Rock/Dragon is totally a good idea! A Fossilized Dragon legendary, returned to life by modern techniques and such. Yup. I don't support Grass/Dragon Legendary.

I am thinking of Half Psychics for the seven sins.

Lust- pure psychic. female only.
Pride- pure psychic. male only.

this two are counterparts much like Lati@s.

Gluttony- normal Psychic
Anger- fighting Psychic.

This could be the version mascots.

Greed- Steel Psychic
Sloth- Ghost Psychic

Steel because coins are mostly made of steel. And Ghost, because I have no other ideas.

Envy- Dark Psychic

Final member and the third game mascot.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
I've got the nasty case of dragon overload. LOL. Anyway,

I am pretty sure Genesect was the one controlling technology. Or am I mistaken?

I love the idea of version exclusivity. Much like how Landorus will not appear in either game if the two other Kami's are not brought to him.

Rock/Dragon is totally a good idea! A Fossilized Dragon legendary, returned to life by modern techniques and such. Yup. I don't support Grass/Dragon Legendary.

Gluttony- normal Psychic
Anger- fighting Psychic.

Greed- Steel Psychic
Sloth- Ghost Psychic

Steel because coins are mostly made of steel. And Ghost, because I have no other ideas.

Envy- Dark Psychic

Final member and the third game mascot.
I don't really know much about Genesect. Which gave me an idea.

UPDATE/NEW CLUB ACTIVITY:
Will be a WEEKLY conversation.
For those who doesn't understand a specific Legendary, or want to learn more about them, we will have a fun activity.

In order, each member will share their insight for each specific Legendary Pokemon, and/or Trio(Try to go in order, starting with the Bird Trio, then Mewtwo/Mew, then the 3 Beasts, and so on) Every storyline or side-story you can come up with.

I personally haven't seen the movies after Heroes to be honest, and I stopped watching the Anime towards the end of the Sinnoh region. I would take interested in learning more about these creatures myself! Explain your personal feelings toward each Legendary and why you dislike/like them. Also whichever is considered the 'strongest.' The whole 9 yards!

Current Activity Dicussion:

The Bird Trio

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Did anyone listen to me? We have too many dragons! They take up all the games. Yeah, they're cool, but we should have them as regular Pokemon, like Haxorus or Hydreigon.I mean, they make up more than 2/3 of all legends! That's crazy!

EDIT: Sorry, one third. XD

Now, moving on to the Rock/Dragon. I like the concept of it being found in the fosill and reviving it and such, but make it a different type. Something can be ancient without having the Dragon typing. Make it a Rock/Ghost type and have it be in charge of the souls of the dead or something.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; February 3rd, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Did anyone listen to me? We have too many dragons! They take up all the games. Yeah, they're cool, but we should have them as regular Pokemon, like Haxorus or Hydreigon.I mean, they make up a little less than 2/3 of all legends! That's crazy!

Now, moving on to the Rock/Dragon. I like the concept of it being found in the fosill and reviving it and such, but make it a different type. Something can be ancient without having the Dragon typing. Make it a Rock/Ghost type and have it be in charge of the souls of the dead or something.
WE HEARD YOU!! LOL

Either way, it'll be interesting on what more they could possibly come up with. The way these past two generations came up with, I'm sure they'll make some rare typing outside of the Dragon ones. I do see a couple more Dragons coming along though. Maybe 1 or 2 more?

They should make the disease/ill/flu/cold Legendary Pokemon, Poison/Ice type or Poison/Bug or even possibly a Poison/Ghost type? (Since you can't see 'em)
Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
They should make the disease/ill/flu/cold Legendary Pokemon, Poison/Ice type or Poison/Bug or even possibly a Poison/Ghost type? (Since you can't see 'em)
That could go with the five senses. It could be the third mascot, kinda like how Giritina was in the DPt Series.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

That could go with the five senses. It could be the third mascot, kinda like how Giritina was in the DPt Series.
What exactly are the 5 senses, am I thinking differently with:

Feel, Touch, Smell, See, Hear?

Or are we talking about something else? lol

which typing do you think will go with each Senses?

Quote:

Gluttony- normal Psychic
Anger- fighting Psychic.

Greed- Steel Psychic
Sloth- Ghost Psychic

Envy- Dark Psychic
Just like how Rancher did it.

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
Touch - Fighting
Sight - Ghost
Hear - Dark
Smell - Psychic
Feel - Steel

Just my speculations there lol.

In all honesty though the 7 deadly sins group sounds more interesting imo.

Gotta love the high life.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
miltankRancher

The legendary bird trio had been featured in the movie "Power of Three" (IIRC). Lugia is their master, if I know correctly, and the antagonist, [i think it is somebody with a number] was trying to collect the three birds in order to summon Lugia and capture it. I know it was foolish. LOL.

oh, and please, call me mR.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Jeff Gordon

During the week, Discuss all you can about the Legendary Bird Trio, your past history in battles, your love for the Pokemon, and so on!

Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos consist of the first Legendary Trio Pokemon of the Pokeworld. They are the Legendary Birds, aka, the Winged Mirages!

The last part of each name, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are Spanish names for numbers, 1, 2 & 3 reflective in their National Pokedex order.

The legendary birds appear together in The Movie 200, where they rule over the islands surrounding Shamouti Island. If they are disturbed and begin to fight, only Lugia can stop them, though it will fail without additional help from the Chosen One.

Quote:
The legendary bird trio had been featured in the movie "Power of Three" (IIRC). Lugia is their master, if I know correctly, and the antagonist, [i think it is somebody with a number] was trying to collect the three birds in order to summon Lugia and capture it. I know it was foolish. LOL.

oh, and please, call me mR.
Sorry about that LOL mR

Ahh replied at the same exact time. Well now we can start.

We've discussed before about Heat Wave Zapdos. And being the only bird of the Trio without a 4x Weakness, Moltres is pretty much left in the dark. But when run with a Sunny Day team, Moltres could be a good one for a Solarbeam user, with Groudon possibly?

Articuno has the beauty design of them all.

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

I've always adored the bird trio especially during my younger years lol.

On Leaf Green last year when I confronted Zapdos I felt like it was the most intense wild encounter I ever had in all honesty lol, I had around 60 great balls and 80 ultra balls to use and my very last great ball ended up catching it as I yelled in joy lol.

Later on when I also caught Articuno as well I ended up using all 3 birds against the E4, most memorable moment of that time was when I sent out my Articuno against Lance's Dragonite where it very nearly KO'd my bird with Hyper Beam but my Articuno survived with only 2 HP and KO'd it back with Ice Beam lol.

That and the designs for all of them are amazing to say the very least haha.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
Jeff Gordon

Back in the Red/Blue/Yellow days, I certainly did enjoy catching them and immediately added them to my party, everytime (Plus Mewtwo). So I would for certain had those 4 in my party almost all the time afterwards.

For today I wanted to share the sprites here, how Moltres looked throughout the years: (Sunday Showing Articuno, Tuesday Zapdos)

Shiny Sprites

When I first saw Moltres in its R/B form, I was effy about it. It looked like a Turkey saying 'eat me please.' But it was by far my favorite bird among the three back then.

I never had Green & his sprite was downright awful in my opinion. I really, really, REALLY do love his current sprite. Love how its foot actually lowers when he lowers to the ground and moves up closer to its body when raising up. I'd have to agree Moltres does probably looks the best with its Fiery body. I'd probably fly around on it rather than the other two.

It's shiny is just plain darker=awesome! The flames on it makes it more badassery than it's original color

NEW PotW: Kyogre

UPDATE!:
I have added on the main page the "Story/Background" to the fold. Search it up and tell me what you think. Any advice/suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
miltankRancher

Zapdos is actually my favorite of the three. He look too cool, and for me, that is what Legendary Pokemon should look like. I remember the time I first caught Zapdos back in FireRed. Realy hard, took me my 99 pokeballs, and a few ultra balls. Caught it with a premier. :\

Look.

The other two, on the other hand, have not really gotten up to my expectations. Least favorite of the three is Articuno. terrible excuse for a legendary.

Moltres. Hmm. I am neutral to him. Never tried using him, that's why. But his shiny sprite is... average I guess.

And also, can I add a new partner? It's Zapdos with Libre as the nickname. Thanks!

and here is some kyogre images.

Spoiler:

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

I'd be borderline impossible for me to pick a favorite out of the bird trio in all honesty lol. Oh I believe the guy who was after the bird trio and Lugia in the 2nd movie was called Lawrence the 3rd if memory serves lol.

Was also wondering if I can have Palkia as my 2nd legendary with Susano as its nickname please if that may be permitted.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Zapdos is actually my favorite of the three. He look too cool, and for me, that is what Legendary Pokemon should look like. I remember the time I first caught Zapdos back in FireRed. Realy hard, took me my 99 pokeballs, and a few ultra balls. Caught it with a premier. :\

Look.

The other two, on the other hand, have not really gotten up to my expectations. Least favorite of the three is Articuno. terrible excuse for a legendary.

Moltres. Hmm. I am neutral to him. Never tried using him, that's why. But his shiny sprite is... average I guess.

And also, can I add a new partner? It's Zapdos with Libre as the nickname. Thanks!

and here is some kyogre images.

Spoiler:

Libre the Zapdos huh? Interesting nickname I think. She's been captured and is under your name

Don't get me wrong, Zapdos is my favorite now of the trio, it used to be Moltres for the longest time however.

What is it that you hate so much about Articuno anyhow? :O If Articuno really did exist and was the only Pokemon, would you at least capture/train it for yourself or is she that hated by the mR? lol

Quote:
I'd be borderline impossible for me to pick a favorite out of the bird trio in all honesty lol. Oh I believe the guy who was after the bird trio and Lugia in the 2nd movie was called Lawrence the 3rd if memory serves lol.

Was also wondering if I can have Palkia as my 2nd legendary with Susano as its nickname please if that may be permitted.
If you have the right amount of points (If you hover over your name on the main post) you can purchase whatever you want in the 'points shop.' No need to ask

Palkia is getting captured by Xulek!

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Libre the Zapdos huh? Interesting nickname I think. She's been captured and is under your name

Don't get me wrong, Zapdos is my favorite now of the trio, it used to be Moltres for the longest time however.

What is it that you hate so much about Articuno anyhow? :O If Articuno really did exist and was the only Pokemon, would you at least capture/train it for yourself or is she that hated by the mR? lol
Thanks!

It's not I hate her. It's just I don't like her (and for some instance, I imagine Articuno as a girl)

I mean, first time I used it, I ended up replacing it with a Cloyster since that guy has way more to offer. Even if it was the only existing pokemon, IRL, I would not catch it. Hey, don't want to mess around with the legendary pokemons.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Sweet, thanks bro.

Regarding Articuno though I wish it got access to moves like Surf or Air Slash as well during 4th gen, at least it makes a good Dragonite counter and decent for setting up dual screens as well due to its special defense but besides from the dual screens set with Ice Beam and Roost/Toxic/Fly as its 4th move I wish it could do a tad more in all honesty but at least unlike some other Pokes I won't mention in fear of getting lynch mobbed it's capable of at least 1 or maybe even 2 somewhat decent sets imo.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Thanks!

It's not I hate her. It's just I don't like her (and for some instance, I imagine Articuno as a girl)

I mean, first time I used it, I ended up replacing it with a Cloyster since that guy has way more to offer. Even if it was the only existing pokemon, IRL, I would not catch it. Hey, don't want to mess around with the legendary pokemons.
Well I call them all her because it's easier than saying 'it' all the time haha

Articuno's movepool is heavingly horrible. All she can learn are Ice moves pretty much...with Roost.

Don't want to mess around with the Legendary Pokemon? Mm..not necessarily. I would do everything to hold on to Latias, Mew or Celebi.

So leads us to another question. Why not use Moltres?

Quote:
Sweet, thanks bro.

Regarding Articuno though I wish it got access to moves like Surf or Air Slash as well during 4th gen, at least it makes a good Dragonite counter and decent for setting up dual screens as well due to its special defense but besides from the dual screens set with Ice Beam and Roost/Toxic/Fly as its 4th move I wish it could do a tad more in all honesty but at least unlike some other Pokes I won't mention in fear of getting lynch mobbed it's capable of at least 1 or maybe even 2 somewhat decent sets imo.
That could be the reason why Articuno has it's movepool the way it is. She's good with her Defensive stats, specialize more in Special Defense.

Might be one of those 'Umbreon' versions of the Legendary..

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Again I wish the movepool was better myself honestly but at least it can pull off a pseudo staller or support player role too lol.

The one legendary I wouldn't want to mess with under any circumstances would have to be Deoxys S just due to it being so fast it literally can't be seen, that **** be scary yo lol.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Again I wish the movepool was better myself honestly but at least it can pull off a pseudo staller or support player role too lol.

The one legendary I wouldn't want to mess with under any circumstances would have to be Deoxys S just due to it being so fast it literally can't be seen, that **** be scary yo lol.
Why not ask the question for a new topic..

NEW TOPIC:
Which Legendary Pokemon wouldn't you want to mess with?

I'd have to go with either Rayquaza or Deoxys. The rivalry between the two in the anime/movie proves it all.

'There's a lot more to be frightened by when Deoxys shows up and takes control of the city, shutting down the machines and taking everyone captive. One Pokémon that is not amused is the Legendary Rayquaza, and it will do whatever it takes to remove this invader from its territory' -Destiny Deoxys Movie

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Lol I thought you would be in charge of the questions in all honesty lol.

Besides from Deoxys S though, I'd also have to say Mewtwo due to well.....this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaSLyS3GRLk
Warning, not for the faint of heart lol.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Nature: Timid
Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin! :D

I'd definitely never want to mess with Rayquaza... it's enormous and could gobble me up in an instant with that mouth. >:

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Lol I thought you would be in charge of the questions in all honesty lol.

Besides from Deoxys S though, I'd also have to say Mewtwo due to well.....this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaSLyS3GRLk
Warning, not for the faint of heart lol.
Nope, anyone can make a topic as long as it's about any Legendary Pokemon whatsoever (You gain a 5 point boost doing so as well!)

lol not a big fan of fanmade videos like that but that was cool. Mewtwo FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin! :D

I'd definitely never want to mess with Rayquaza... it's enormous and could gobble me up in an instant with that mouth. >:
Welcome to the club!! Just Shaymin? No nickname?

Yes, Rayquaza and with its enormous speed, might as well let him get ya! lol

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
So leads us to another question. Why not use Moltres?
Moltres is decent enough for a legendary, but the 4x weakness to rock is pretty much undesirable. :\

on topic, i would not want to mess around with Arceus, and the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina) I mean, look. You mess with them, they mess with everything. Including time and space.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Moltres is decent enough for a legendary, but the 4x weakness to rock is pretty much undesirable. :\

on topic, i would not want to mess around with Arceus, and the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina) I mean, look. You mess with them, they mess with everything. Including time and space.
You're talking about the entire Galaxy, I was referring to just to a single person LOL That is correct!

ANOTHER UPDATE:
I have installed Questionnaires! Be sure to keep an eye out for each questions! First one to get it right gets the bonus! There is a catch though, once you answer one correctly, you cannot answer the next TWO questions. So therefore

EXAMPLE:

Winner- Sector
Winner- C8
Winner- Miltank
Winner- Sector

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 3rd, 2012 at 06:36 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links