The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?
All The Time...It's all I use! 4 10.53%
Most of the Time..sometimes I like using Weaker Pokemon 4 10.53%
50/50 Pretty Much. 14 36.84%
Very....Very.....Not so much. 12 31.58%
They're to Powerful and Cheap to use, so NEVER! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Nagaraja
আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post

WELCOME!! I see we finally have a Meloetta Trainer here!!

What is it that you like about Meloetta? Which form do you prefer to have?
I love her becuase of her connection to music. I'm a singer. ;d
I prefer her Aria form. her piroette form isn't as pretty. And shes a psychic type. :D

Dead★Master

Old February 6th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagaraja View Post
I love her becuase of her connection to music. I'm a singer. ;d
I prefer her Aria form. her piroette form isn't as pretty. And shes a psychic type. :D
Going off Topic a bit- What do you sing? :D

I actually haven't personally listened to that Relic Song yet of hers, have you tried singing her music or played the instrument like it?

How do you feel that they haven't released her yet for the game?
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Nagaraja

Quote:
Going off Topic a bit- What do you sing? :D

I actually haven't personally listened to that Relic Song yet of hers, have you tried singing her music or played the instrument like it?

How do you feel that they haven't released her yet for the game?
I sing mostly Japanese music. and Hymmnos from Ar Tonelico games.
i love relic song, it's so soothing. i haven't played the instruments, I broke my fingers being a volleyball captain, so it's hard to play most instruments, as my fingers don't move that well yet.

It is what it is I guess. I would love to have her, but I can be patient. I have all my shiny legendaries to get me through. XD

Dead★Master

Old February 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Sector

Quote:
I sing mostly Japanese music. and Hymmnos from Ar Tonelico games.
i love relic song, it's so soothing. i haven't played the instruments, I broke my fingers being a volleyball captain, so it's hard to play most instruments, as my fingers don't move that well yet.

It is what it is I guess. I would love to have her, but I can be patient. I have all my shiny legendaries to get me through. XD
That's a bummer. Hope your fingers get back to it's perfect health soon!

I guess you and I both share the same feelings toward a Legendary Pokemon. You-Meloetta. Me-Latias. Latias is my PokeWife haha. <3
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
welcome to the club, Nagaraja and deoxys121!!
Have you ever caught a legendary Pokemon in a Poke Ball?
i don't remember actually :P but i think i caught mew

Old February 7th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

You caught Mew using a Pokeball? That's .. unbelievable really. I find it amazing though! :D

Hmm, never really caught one using a Pokeball. I always use specialized balls on capturing legendary Pokemons. :(
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:25 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Legendary in a Poke Ball? Well, here's a little situation I once had in Crystal. I was once looking for the Legendary Beasts. I already had Entei. I figured "Hey, I'll check and see if Raikou is in this patch of grass I happen to be near." I walk in it, and what do you know? Raikou appears. Then, I decide to do one more thing that seems near impossible. I throw a Poke Ball at Raikou, at full HP, with no status ailments. And I caught him. Several years later, I found out that the chances of that working were 0.4%.

As far as the whole Mew in a PokeBall, Mew actually has a catch rate of 45, where most legendaries have a catch rate of 3 (including the aforementioned Raikou). With a catch rate of 45, the odds of catching Mew in a regular Poke Ball at full HP with no status ailments are 5.9%. This is the same rate as trying to catch a Deino, Dratini, and many other Pokemon.
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Nagaraja

Not a regular pokeball, but I did catch my Giratina in a Dusk Ball... I tend to only use those, since I play at night. :D

Dead★Master

Old February 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Sector

Quote:
Not a regular pokeball, but I did catch my Giratina in a Dusk Ball... I tend to only use those, since I play at night. :D
I personally love the Dusk Ball and tend to use them more than any other balls to catch Legendary Pokemon. I just like the dark shadows when releasing Pokemon in-battle.
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:27 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

Yay! No more TCG! I think I mentioned this, but I never understood TCG, even after reading the Pamphlet thing over and over.

Its been a while, so I figured I'd post a new topic
New Topic: Have you ever caught a legendary Pokemon in a Poke Ball?
I wish I could say I have.
Several instances, yes. Almost all Hoenn legendaries, i caught with a Pokeball (excluding Lati@s and events). The three legendary birds, minus Zapdos, I also caught with a Pokeball. And Dialga, Palkia, and Heatran, I caught with a Pokeball. I hate other balls (except Master Ball) that's why I always try to catch my mons with a Pokeball.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:32 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I personally love the Dusk Ball and tend to use them more than any other balls to catch Legendary Pokemon. I just like the dark shadows when releasing Pokemon in-battle.
I love Dusk Ball but I tend to love dive ball more. That's why I get a bunch of legendaries in dive ball <3
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Sector

NEW TOPIC!!

Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokemon? If so then why? (Careless to catch it and become its trainer?)

ALSO the final bird trio deserves some attention! Zapdos!

The movepool of Heat Wave, Roost, Volt Switch & Signal Beam are what I teach mine. Go Zapdos!

Last edited by Sector; February 8th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokémon ? If so then why ?

Unfortunately, yes I have. I fainted the powerful Ho-Oh.
I was about 7, and it was in my Silver Version. Actually I didn't do it on purpose... But after this long and difficult trip ro reach Tin Tower top (yes at 7 I had a lot of trouble to reach Ho-Oh), whereas I didn't even know that I would find the legendary bird... And, the first thing I did was to speak to it ! I didn't know that a battle would begin . Oh, obviously I hadn't saved. That... Made me really sick, particularly because I hadn't the Master Ball anymore, and not a lot of other Balls. So, when I hadn't balls anymore, I had no choice to faint it. And, I hadn't the courage to go through the Tin Tower all over agin, so I gave up and never had Ho-Oh in my Silver version

Okay now guys Pokémon of the Week pics :

Spoiler:

Old February 8th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokémon ? If so then why ?

Unfortunately, yes I have. I fainted the powerful Ho-Oh.
I was about 7, and it was in my Silver Version. Actually I didn't do it on purpose... But after this long and difficult trip ro reach Tin Tower top (yes at 7 I had a lot of trouble to reach Ho-Oh), whereas I didn't even know that I would find the legendary bird... And, the first thing I did was to speak to it ! I didn't know that a battle would begin . Oh, obviously I hadn't saved. That... Made me really sick, particularly because I hadn't the Master Ball anymore, and not a lot of other Balls. So, when I hadn't balls anymore, I had no choice to faint it. And, I hadn't the courage to go through the Tin Tower all over agin, so I gave up and never had Ho-Oh in my Silver version

Okay now guys Pokémon of the Week pics :

Spoiler:

Pokemon of the Week is 'Kyogre' still, this Zapdos thing (The Bird Trio) is something different, just for discussion during the week. This Friday will be the Mewtwo/Mew Duo. But the Pokemon of the Week will be something else entirely different! Just to clarify that up. My bad xD

But I LOOOOVE that first Zapdos picture. It's beautiful!

I had never fainted a Legendary Pokemon before..I love Legendary Pokemon to much that I always saved right before talking to them. Wait, unless, you consider accidentally fainting them and restarting to last save to try weakening them up to capture them again? I'd say I did that to every Legendary you can find except the Roamers?
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I fainted Ho-Oh in HGSS. It was an unwanted critical hit that finished him... Boo.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 8th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Sector

Quote:
I fainted Ho-Oh in HGSS. It was an unwanted critical hit that finished him... Boo.
Did you use Rock Slide to finish it off hoping that 4x would weaken him up badly with just one attack? LOL I hate that. Using a lower leveled Pokemon to use a move like that, just that one time you don't want that critical hit to occur!
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Nagaraja

Quote:
^ This.... All my pokes are so overleveled... I totally forgot about HO-OH in Soul Silver, and now my A-team is too strong.. *Sigh* oh well...thats what I get. For forgetting...
And now, an awesome picture I loled at.
Because, it pays to be the "father" pokemon.
Spoiler:

Dead★Master

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Not joining this club would be a real shame, so...

Name- Sayan
Partner- Arceus (Normal type)

¤Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?

I'd say either Kyogre or Arceus. Flavour wise, Arceus is the strongest as it is represented to be omnipotent. Statwise also Arceus has a clear advantage, having the highest BST. However, Kyogre is also pretty strong, especially from a competitive player's point of view. Choice Specs Kyogre's STAB Rain boosted 150 BP Water Spout plows through anything that isn't immune to it or isn't named Palkia. So it's a tie between Arceus and Kyogre.

¤Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?

I don't play uber too much. From my somewhat limited knowledge I'd say Normal Arceus is the most powerful, as it can hold a Life Orb to power-up all its moves (unlike the plates which only power up STAB moves). Alternatively, it can hold Leftovers for extra healing. However, different types of Arceus play differently. A normal Arceus can't wall like a Steel Arceus, nor can it absorb Toxic Spikes like Poison Arceus, nor can it be as successful in mono-attacking as Dragon Arceus.

¤Have you ever fainted a legendary?

I've never fainted one intentionally. But I accidentally fainted Regice in Emerald, my Blaziken was too strong for it. I reset and caught it later.

¤Oh and IMO Phione is should not be considered legendary. I know there has been a lot of official sources supporting as well as opposing this. But my logic is simple. You can get an infinite number of Phione without trading or cheating in a single game (through breeding). Legendaries can never be produced through breeding, only 1 can be legally obtained in a game without trading or cheating. So it shouldn't be considered legendary.

Just my 0.02$.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:12 AM
miltankRancher

Time for the most badass legendary get the attention it deserves. Now, y'all need to bow down to him.

ON TOPIC:

I have quite a few times. During special runs, I tend to ignore the legendaries, and just kill them for the experience. Nobody dislikes exp!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Sector

NEW TOPIC:

This is a rumor about Kyurem receiving a new form. What does everyone think about this? Do you think it is true? Are you excited to see it? Do you think it'll mess up Kyurem as it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
Not joining this club would be a real shame, so...

Name- Sayan
Partner- Arceus (Normal type)

¤Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?

I'd say either Kyogre or Arceus. Flavour wise, Arceus is the strongest as it is represented to be omnipotent. Statwise also Arceus has a clear advantage, having the highest BST. However, Kyogre is also pretty strong, especially from a competitive player's point of view. Choice Specs Kyogre's STAB Rain boosted 150 BP Water Spout plows through anything that isn't immune to it or isn't named Palkia. So it's a tie between Arceus and Kyogre.

¤Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?

I don't play uber too much. From my somewhat limited knowledge I'd say Normal Arceus is the most powerful, as it can hold a Life Orb to power-up all its moves (unlike the plates which only power up STAB moves). Alternatively, it can hold Leftovers for extra healing. However, different types of Arceus play differently. A normal Arceus can't wall like a Steel Arceus, nor can it absorb Toxic Spikes like Poison Arceus, nor can it be as successful in mono-attacking as Dragon Arceus.

¤Have you ever fainted a legendary?

I've never fainted one intentionally. But I accidentally fainted Regice in Emerald, my Blaziken was too strong for it. I reset and caught it later.

¤Oh and IMO Phione is should not be considered legendary. I know there has been a lot of official sources supporting as well as opposing this. But my logic is simple. You can get an infinite number of Phione without trading or cheating in a single game (through breeding). Legendaries can never be produced through breeding, only 1 can be legally obtained in a game without trading or cheating. So it shouldn't be considered legendary.

Just my 0.02$.
Interesting...theory on everything. LOL

I'll bring up something about Phione in the future, keep an eye out

Last edited by Sector; February 9th, 2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
pics of the PotW :
Spoiler:

Cute zapdos:
Spoiler:

Old February 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
pics of the PotW :
Spoiler:

Cute zapdos:
Spoiler:
Nice photos of Zapdos! such a badass creature no doubt!

The new Topic discussion concerning Kyurem is up! Any takers?
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
This is the first I've heard of Kyurem recieving a new form. I dunno if it would make it better or worse, it would depend on the style and such. Its kinda ripping off Giratina in my mind if they do it though.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sector

Quote:
This is the first I've heard of Kyurem recieving a new form. I dunno if it would make it better or worse, it would depend on the style and such. Its kinda ripping off Giratina in my mind if they do it though.
I've seen someone talking about it in another club and in the Black/White section there is a thread up if I remember correctly about it.

I think there should be a newer form for Kyurem, I don't think it's really going to have its head close down that low to the ground all the time..LOL
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
miltankRancher

Is zapods really the POTW? I think it's just the discussion pokemon, and now overran by Kyurem. LOL.

Anyway, on topic: I think Kyurem will be made more awesome by GF if ever they make an alternate form, just like how they did with Origin Giratina. I think any imbalanced issues regarding Kyurem will be cleared with the coming of the new form.

well, since we are all talking about rumors here, I am neutral to the possiblity of it. There is no sign yet of the release of a third game (maybe it will come out three-four five years from now, after the possible remake of Hoenn.) When it comes out, i am sure there is a new form of Kyurem. It all depends on the possibility of the game, and its version mascot, because if Kyurem is not the VM, then chances will be lowered, more like a Shaymin.

dafuq did I say?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links