The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


View Poll Results: How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?
All The Time...It's all I use! 4 10.53%
Most of the Time..sometimes I like using Weaker Pokemon 4 10.53%
50/50 Pretty Much. 14 36.84%
Very....Very.....Not so much. 12 31.58%
They're to Powerful and Cheap to use, so NEVER! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Nagaraja's Avatar
Nagaraja
আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post

WELCOME!! I see we finally have a Meloetta Trainer here!!

What is it that you like about Meloetta? Which form do you prefer to have?
I love her becuase of her connection to music. I'm a singer. ;d
I prefer her Aria form. her piroette form isn't as pretty. And shes a psychic type. :D
__________________

Dead★Master


  #277    
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagaraja View Post
I love her becuase of her connection to music. I'm a singer. ;d
I prefer her Aria form. her piroette form isn't as pretty. And shes a psychic type. :D
Going off Topic a bit- What do you sing? :D

I actually haven't personally listened to that Relic Song yet of hers, have you tried singing her music or played the instrument like it?

How do you feel that they haven't released her yet for the game?
__________________
  #278    
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Nagaraja's Avatar
Nagaraja
আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Going off Topic a bit- What do you sing? :D

I actually haven't personally listened to that Relic Song yet of hers, have you tried singing her music or played the instrument like it?

How do you feel that they haven't released her yet for the game?
I sing mostly Japanese music. and Hymmnos from Ar Tonelico games.
i love relic song, it's so soothing. i haven't played the instruments, I broke my fingers being a volleyball captain, so it's hard to play most instruments, as my fingers don't move that well yet.

It is what it is I guess. I would love to have her, but I can be patient. I have all my shiny legendaries to get me through. XD
__________________

Dead★Master


  #279    
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagaraja View Post
I sing mostly Japanese music. and Hymmnos from Ar Tonelico games.
i love relic song, it's so soothing. i haven't played the instruments, I broke my fingers being a volleyball captain, so it's hard to play most instruments, as my fingers don't move that well yet.

It is what it is I guess. I would love to have her, but I can be patient. I have all my shiny legendaries to get me through. XD
That's a bummer. Hope your fingers get back to it's perfect health soon!

I guess you and I both share the same feelings toward a Legendary Pokemon. You-Meloetta. Me-Latias. Latias is my PokeWife haha. <3
__________________
  #280    
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: India
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
welcome to the club, Nagaraja and deoxys121!!
Have you ever caught a legendary Pokemon in a Poke Ball?
i don't remember actually :P but i think i caught mew
__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

  #281    
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Age: 20
You caught Mew using a Pokeball? That's .. unbelievable really. I find it amazing though! :D

Hmm, never really caught one using a Pokeball. I always use specialized balls on capturing legendary Pokemons. :(
  #282    
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:25 AM
deoxys121's Avatar
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, MI, United States
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Legendary in a Poke Ball? Well, here's a little situation I once had in Crystal. I was once looking for the Legendary Beasts. I already had Entei. I figured "Hey, I'll check and see if Raikou is in this patch of grass I happen to be near." I walk in it, and what do you know? Raikou appears. Then, I decide to do one more thing that seems near impossible. I throw a Poke Ball at Raikou, at full HP, with no status ailments. And I caught him. Several years later, I found out that the chances of that working were 0.4%.

As far as the whole Mew in a PokeBall, Mew actually has a catch rate of 45, where most legendaries have a catch rate of 3 (including the aforementioned Raikou). With a catch rate of 45, the odds of catching Mew in a regular Poke Ball at full HP with no status ailments are 5.9%. This is the same rate as trying to catch a Deino, Dratini, and many other Pokemon.
__________________
  #283    
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Nagaraja's Avatar
Nagaraja
আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Not a regular pokeball, but I did catch my Giratina in a Dusk Ball... I tend to only use those, since I play at night. :D
__________________

Dead★Master


  #284    
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagaraja View Post
Not a regular pokeball, but I did catch my Giratina in a Dusk Ball... I tend to only use those, since I play at night. :D
I personally love the Dusk Ball and tend to use them more than any other balls to catch Legendary Pokemon. I just like the dark shadows when releasing Pokemon in-battle.
__________________
  #285    
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:27 PM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

Yay! No more TCG! I think I mentioned this, but I never understood TCG, even after reading the Pamphlet thing over and over.

Its been a while, so I figured I'd post a new topic
New Topic: Have you ever caught a legendary Pokemon in a Poke Ball?
I wish I could say I have.
Several instances, yes. Almost all Hoenn legendaries, i caught with a Pokeball (excluding Lati@s and events). The three legendary birds, minus Zapdos, I also caught with a Pokeball. And Dialga, Palkia, and Heatran, I caught with a Pokeball. I hate other balls (except Master Ball) that's why I always try to catch my mons with a Pokeball.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #286    
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:32 AM
johnny18's Avatar
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
I personally love the Dusk Ball and tend to use them more than any other balls to catch Legendary Pokemon. I just like the dark shadows when releasing Pokemon in-battle.
I love Dusk Ball but I tend to love dive ball more. That's why I get a bunch of legendaries in dive ball <3
__________________
  #287    
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
NEW TOPIC!!

Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokemon? If so then why? (Careless to catch it and become its trainer?)

ALSO the final bird trio deserves some attention! Zapdos!



The movepool of Heat Wave, Roost, Volt Switch & Signal Beam are what I teach mine. Go Zapdos!
__________________

Last edited by Sector; February 8th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
  #288    
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokémon ? If so then why ?

Unfortunately, yes I have. I fainted the powerful Ho-Oh.
I was about 7, and it was in my Silver Version. Actually I didn't do it on purpose... But after this long and difficult trip ro reach Tin Tower top (yes at 7 I had a lot of trouble to reach Ho-Oh), whereas I didn't even know that I would find the legendary bird... And, the first thing I did was to speak to it ! I didn't know that a battle would begin . Oh, obviously I hadn't saved. That... Made me really sick, particularly because I hadn't the Master Ball anymore, and not a lot of other Balls. So, when I hadn't balls anymore, I had no choice to faint it. And, I hadn't the courage to go through the Tin Tower all over agin, so I gave up and never had Ho-Oh in my Silver version


Okay now guys Pokémon of the Week pics :

Spoiler:




__________________

  #289    
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokémon ? If so then why ?

Unfortunately, yes I have. I fainted the powerful Ho-Oh.
I was about 7, and it was in my Silver Version. Actually I didn't do it on purpose... But after this long and difficult trip ro reach Tin Tower top (yes at 7 I had a lot of trouble to reach Ho-Oh), whereas I didn't even know that I would find the legendary bird... And, the first thing I did was to speak to it ! I didn't know that a battle would begin . Oh, obviously I hadn't saved. That... Made me really sick, particularly because I hadn't the Master Ball anymore, and not a lot of other Balls. So, when I hadn't balls anymore, I had no choice to faint it. And, I hadn't the courage to go through the Tin Tower all over agin, so I gave up and never had Ho-Oh in my Silver version


Okay now guys Pokémon of the Week pics :

Spoiler:




Pokemon of the Week is 'Kyogre' still, this Zapdos thing (The Bird Trio) is something different, just for discussion during the week. This Friday will be the Mewtwo/Mew Duo. But the Pokemon of the Week will be something else entirely different! Just to clarify that up. My bad xD

But I LOOOOVE that first Zapdos picture. It's beautiful!

I had never fainted a Legendary Pokemon before..I love Legendary Pokemon to much that I always saved right before talking to them. Wait, unless, you consider accidentally fainting them and restarting to last save to try weakening them up to capture them again? I'd say I did that to every Legendary you can find except the Roamers?
__________________
  #290    
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I fainted Ho-Oh in HGSS. It was an unwanted critical hit that finished him... Boo.
__________________
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

  #291    
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
I fainted Ho-Oh in HGSS. It was an unwanted critical hit that finished him... Boo.
Did you use Rock Slide to finish it off hoping that 4x would weaken him up badly with just one attack? LOL I hate that. Using a lower leveled Pokemon to use a move like that, just that one time you don't want that critical hit to occur!
__________________
  #292    
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Nagaraja's Avatar
Nagaraja
আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
I fainted Ho-Oh in HGSS. It was an unwanted critical hit that finished him... Boo.
^ This.... All my pokes are so overleveled... I totally forgot about HO-OH in Soul Silver, and now my A-team is too strong.. *Sigh* oh well...thats what I get. For forgetting...
And now, an awesome picture I loled at.
Because, it pays to be the "father" pokemon.
Spoiler:
__________________

Dead★Master


  #293    
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Not joining this club would be a real shame, so...

Name- Sayan
Partner- Arceus (Normal type)

¤Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?

I'd say either Kyogre or Arceus. Flavour wise, Arceus is the strongest as it is represented to be omnipotent. Statwise also Arceus has a clear advantage, having the highest BST. However, Kyogre is also pretty strong, especially from a competitive player's point of view. Choice Specs Kyogre's STAB Rain boosted 150 BP Water Spout plows through anything that isn't immune to it or isn't named Palkia. So it's a tie between Arceus and Kyogre.

¤Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?

I don't play uber too much. From my somewhat limited knowledge I'd say Normal Arceus is the most powerful, as it can hold a Life Orb to power-up all its moves (unlike the plates which only power up STAB moves). Alternatively, it can hold Leftovers for extra healing. However, different types of Arceus play differently. A normal Arceus can't wall like a Steel Arceus, nor can it absorb Toxic Spikes like Poison Arceus, nor can it be as successful in mono-attacking as Dragon Arceus.

¤Have you ever fainted a legendary?

I've never fainted one intentionally. But I accidentally fainted Regice in Emerald, my Blaziken was too strong for it. I reset and caught it later.

¤Oh and IMO Phione is should not be considered legendary. I know there has been a lot of official sources supporting as well as opposing this. But my logic is simple. You can get an infinite number of Phione without trading or cheating in a single game (through breeding). Legendaries can never be produced through breeding, only 1 can be legally obtained in a game without trading or cheating. So it shouldn't be considered legendary.

Just my 0.02$.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #294    
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:12 AM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Time for the most badass legendary get the attention it deserves. Now, y'all need to bow down to him.

ON TOPIC:

I have quite a few times. During special runs, I tend to ignore the legendaries, and just kill them for the experience. Nobody dislikes exp!
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #295    
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
NEW TOPIC:

This is a rumor about Kyurem receiving a new form. What does everyone think about this? Do you think it is true? Are you excited to see it? Do you think it'll mess up Kyurem as it is?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
Not joining this club would be a real shame, so...

Name- Sayan
Partner- Arceus (Normal type)

¤Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?

I'd say either Kyogre or Arceus. Flavour wise, Arceus is the strongest as it is represented to be omnipotent. Statwise also Arceus has a clear advantage, having the highest BST. However, Kyogre is also pretty strong, especially from a competitive player's point of view. Choice Specs Kyogre's STAB Rain boosted 150 BP Water Spout plows through anything that isn't immune to it or isn't named Palkia. So it's a tie between Arceus and Kyogre.

¤Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?

I don't play uber too much. From my somewhat limited knowledge I'd say Normal Arceus is the most powerful, as it can hold a Life Orb to power-up all its moves (unlike the plates which only power up STAB moves). Alternatively, it can hold Leftovers for extra healing. However, different types of Arceus play differently. A normal Arceus can't wall like a Steel Arceus, nor can it absorb Toxic Spikes like Poison Arceus, nor can it be as successful in mono-attacking as Dragon Arceus.

¤Have you ever fainted a legendary?

I've never fainted one intentionally. But I accidentally fainted Regice in Emerald, my Blaziken was too strong for it. I reset and caught it later.

¤Oh and IMO Phione is should not be considered legendary. I know there has been a lot of official sources supporting as well as opposing this. But my logic is simple. You can get an infinite number of Phione without trading or cheating in a single game (through breeding). Legendaries can never be produced through breeding, only 1 can be legally obtained in a game without trading or cheating. So it shouldn't be considered legendary.

Just my 0.02$.
Interesting...theory on everything. LOL

I'll bring up something about Phione in the future, keep an eye out
__________________

Last edited by Sector; February 9th, 2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #296    
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: India
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
pics of the PotW :
Spoiler:






Cute zapdos:
Spoiler:
__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

  #297    
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
pics of the PotW :
Spoiler:






Cute zapdos:
Spoiler:
Nice photos of Zapdos! such a badass creature no doubt!

The new Topic discussion concerning Kyurem is up! Any takers?
__________________
  #298    
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
This is the first I've heard of Kyurem recieving a new form. I dunno if it would make it better or worse, it would depend on the style and such. Its kinda ripping off Giratina in my mind if they do it though.
__________________
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

  #299    
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
This is the first I've heard of Kyurem recieving a new form. I dunno if it would make it better or worse, it would depend on the style and such. Its kinda ripping off Giratina in my mind if they do it though.
I've seen someone talking about it in another club and in the Black/White section there is a thread up if I remember correctly about it.

I think there should be a newer form for Kyurem, I don't think it's really going to have its head close down that low to the ground all the time..LOL
__________________
  #300    
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Is zapods really the POTW? I think it's just the discussion pokemon, and now overran by Kyurem. LOL.

Anyway, on topic: I think Kyurem will be made more awesome by GF if ever they make an alternate form, just like how they did with Origin Giratina. I think any imbalanced issues regarding Kyurem will be cleared with the coming of the new form.

well, since we are all talking about rumors here, I am neutral to the possiblity of it. There is no sign yet of the release of a third game (maybe it will come out three-four five years from now, after the possible remake of Hoenn.) When it comes out, i am sure there is a new form of Kyurem. It all depends on the possibility of the game, and its version mascot, because if Kyurem is not the VM, then chances will be lowered, more like a Shaymin.

dafuq did I say?
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.