The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?
All The Time...It's all I use! 4 10.53%
Most of the Time..sometimes I like using Weaker Pokemon 4 10.53%
50/50 Pretty Much. 14 36.84%
Very....Very.....Not so much. 12 31.58%
They're to Powerful and Cheap to use, so NEVER! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Grey Cloud
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Username: Grey Cloud

Pokemon: GiGi the Regice

Kyogre is waay better
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:18 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Cloud View Post
Username: Grey Cloud

Pokemon: GiGi the Regice

Kyogre is waay better
WELCOME!! I will get everyone updated soon! Kyogre is way better than who? Groudon? xD How so?

You like the Golems? I personally hate them :\ If I had to choose which to go with, it would be Registeel for sure.
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:21 PM
Grey Cloud
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
WELCOME!! I will get everyone updated soon! Kyogre is way better than who? Groudon? xD How so?

You like the Golems? I personally hate them :\ If I had to choose which to go with, it would be Registeel for sure.
It's a highlight of the Gen III Games trying to get the golems though. It was one of my favorite things to do.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
mavy42
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
I would like to join the club
Name: Mavy (I'm a boy...)
Partner Pokemon: Darkrai!!!!!

I can't believe Darkrai who stopped the combined attacks of Dialga and Palkia
was defeated by Ash's Sceptile in an episode of POKEMON: Sinnoh League Victors... Do you agree with me???
For me: Strongest Pokemon is Mewtwo but Darkrai is also strong is so DARK

Last edited by mavy42; April 22nd, 2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Grey Cloud
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42 View Post
I would like to join the club
Name: Mavy (I'm a boy...)
Partner Pokemon: Darkrai!!!!!

I can't believe Darkrai who stopped the combined attacks of Dialga and Palkia
was defeated by Ash's Sceptile in an episode of POKEMON: Sinnoh League Victors... Do you agree with me???
For me: Strongest Pokemon is Mewtwo but Darkrai is also strong is so DARK
Welcome Mavi And i've always been a Mewtwo lover.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
HOW CAN YOU HATE THE GOLEMS THEY'RE THE BEST! ;; I personally adore the golems (Other than Regigas, that was one too far) and I don't get all the hate surrounding them D: I think they're innovative and very unique, plus they're very well designed. They're very good in battle and they look amazing, plus the whole braille puzzle that leads to them is very creative and fun; the only thing I don't like about them is their cries but that's easy to deal with x] Their cries in the anime are better (namely the Lucario move) so I think these are all around wonderful Pokemon <3 Although choosing a favourite is hard... I think I'll have to go with Regirock, but because it looks that 10% cooler than the others with its huge orange shoulders <3
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
BZW Golem
Conspirator~
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BZW Golem
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
HOW CAN YOU HATE THE GOLEMS THEY'RE THE BEST! ;; I personally adore the golems
Spoiler:

jk, jk xD

I actually don't like the legendary golems much, catching them in Sapphire was a pain and I never used them for another thing than getting regigigas in Diamond

None at the moment, but Mac rules, just saying.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Jeff Gordon

Let's bring out a new topic, shall we?

Which combination of the strongest Legendary Pokemon do you prefer to have in battle together (Kind of a Trio question, only with the strongest) and explain?

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza
vs
Dialga, Palkia & Giratina(Alter or Origin Form)
vs
Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem

That's four groups, all with base stats of 660-680.

Personally, I would stick with the 4th Generation. Dialga and Palkia don't have very many weaknesses for one, and Giratina's Origin Form makes it a complete utter disaster. Plus their movepools are just real great, many to choose from.

But I had a gut saying Mewtwo/Lugia/Ho-Oh at first. Stick with the originals. Lugia and Mewtwo are just deadly all around as beasts, but Ho-Oh's 4x Weakness to Rock hurts this group. 5th Generation Dragons of Zekrom and Reshiram are also great Pokemon, with Kyurem a little weaker. But I don't want to explain or even say that the fusion with 2 of each can play a role and I'm not sure how that is quite yet. So 3rd Generation of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are by far probably the worse of the gang. Not to mention their abilities will cancel each other out way to much.

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; April 22nd, 2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: BOLD TEXT
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:00 AM
Huggie
Mewtwo lover :3

Uh I don't know which one to choose...I liked the Kyurem trio but I am not used to them..Never liked the gen 4 trio soooo...I guess I'll go with the originals ( not that I didn't want to) as Mewtwo is my fave and is a beast in battles, Lugia has some pretty good moves and as for HO-OH i never liked it but.......oh well I deal with it

Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
Uh I don't know which one to choose...I liked the Kyurem trio but I am not used to them..Never liked the gen 4 trio soooo...I guess I'll go with the originals ( not that I didn't want to) as Mewtwo is my fave and is a beast in battles, Lugia has some pretty good moves and as for HO-OH i never liked it but.......oh well I deal with it
So I noticed you are a tough and hardcore Mewtwo fan. The classic, original Legendary Pokemon is still the strongest to this day. May I ask why you love Mewtwo so much to have as a pet cat? XD
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

Which combination of the strongest Legendary Pokemon do you prefer to have in battle together (Kind of a Trio question, only with the strongest) and explain?

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
vs
vs
Best to use in battle together imo is the Gen V trio, simply because their abilities aid each other greatly as opposed to something like the Gen III trio where they all cancel each other out and hinder one another. But ignoring their abilities, my vote goes for the Gen IV trio. I adore Palkia and Dialga and these two Pokemon have incredible potential, plus very interesting typing. Giratina has some sneaky moves to support them with, but Palkia and Dialga can deal huge bouts of damage with their signature moves, and their normal moves. I think they'd easily take down the other generation trios with no problem at all. :3
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:04 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
vs
vs
How can you not include Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres? Tsk tsk!
For me, I'm thinking Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. They're the originals, simple as that. I don't competitive battle anyway, so it doesn't matter to me how good they are.

I hope this doesn't die out
[/COLOR]
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

Best to use in battle together imo is the Gen V trio, simply because their abilities aid each other greatly as opposed to something like the Gen III trio where they all cancel each other out and hinder one another. But ignoring their abilities, my vote goes for the Gen IV trio. I adore Palkia and Dialga and these two Pokemon have incredible potential, plus very interesting typing. Giratina has some sneaky moves to support them with, but Palkia and Dialga can deal huge bouts of damage with their signature moves, and their normal moves. I think they'd easily take down the other generation trios with no problem at all. :3
Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, definitely match one another and is very deadly in a double battle. But Victini would also be a good partner for them as well! Maybe I should had asked if doing a 3v3 battle, triple battle/rotational instead, it would had been a bit more clearly when I asked. But yeah, Palkia and Dialga are just insane, a tank of their own. Palkia is weak to its own Dragon type attacks while Dialga has to worry about Ground and Fighting. But has many resistances due to their unique typing!

Generation 4 and 5 sure does bring a lot of Dragon legendary Pokemon though. Generation 3 kinda started it with Rayquaza and Generation 2 has the Lugia/Ho-Oh Combo (Flying yes, but to me Lugia has a little bit of Dragon traits). If things are hold true, Generation 6 to come, I wonder if there will be even more Dragon legendary Pokemon since we already have quite a few. Wonder what typing we will have to their uniqueness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post

How can you not include Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres? Tsk tsk!
For me, I'm thinking Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. They're the originals, simple as that. I don't competitive battle anyway, so it doesn't matter to me how good they are.

I hope this doesn't die out
They aren't the mighty powerful Legendary Pokemon. Otherwise I'd have to include the rest on their levels and I already asked a question a long time ago about those. (If you haven't noticed, I only included the bigger, stronger ones).

Just out of curiosity, what would you teach Ho-Oh? I mean I always thought that's a tough question to come up with. Other than STAB attack, Sacred Fire!
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:10 PM
mavy42
I'm back, broz :)

I'd prefer Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh as the strongest! They are the originals! Lugia as Guardian of the Sea can take them all down while Ho-oh is very fiery! Tsk, Mewtwo alone can take them all down!
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Jeff Gordon

So by the looks of it, the originals and Sinnoh Dragons are perhaps the most fierce and favorable, with Unova Dragons being on the outskirts and best with teamwork. Interesting.

NEW TOPIC:
What is everyone's thought about Meloetta and Genesect thus far?
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Huggie

Quote:
So I noticed you are a tough and hardcore Mewtwo fan. The classic, original Legendary Pokemon is still the strongest to this day. May I ask why you love Mewtwo so much to have as a pet cat? XD
Hahaha well, I literally fell in love with him the first moment I saw him (first movie)! I don't know why but from the moment I saw him into the experiment tubes in the lab with those scientists around him I thought" oh the poor thing, come on show them who you are!!" And then at schooll we pretended we were pokemon or trainers and Ialways picked Mewtwo and everyone said he was evil and stuff ( we were seven at the time, nice years )And as I grew up I realised bit by bit that the actual reason was not compassion but the fact that it was the only pokemon I could match myself with ( humanoid, able to talk and to think,.) and imagine myself training or being accompanied with.

Now I still have the same respect for that pokemon as it is one tied with my childhood and one that saved me quite a lot of times from nearly lost battles ...

(end of answer XD)

ewww I really hate genesect , it's one of my worst pokemon...such a bad design, plus I never liked bug types except scyther and venomoth. Hoever I have to see its combat abilities as hits stats are promising
Melloetta seems to me a very cute and elegant pokemon and I 'm quite anxious to use her in battle...Her aria form reminds me my haircut when I had to sing in front of people an aria called "sento nel core"

Old April 25th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
vs
vs

For me it is Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh. they are originals as everyone said and the best imo. Lugia is meant by many to be the strongest because of its amazing powers in all fields. Ho-Oh is a pretty great Pokémon! Mewtwo is simply the single most uber Pokémon.

Old April 25th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
ewww I really hate genesect , it's one of my worst pokemon...such a bad design, plus I never liked bug types except scyther and venomoth. Hoever I have to see its combat abilities as hits stats are promising
Melloetta seems to me a very cute and elegant pokemon and I 'm quite anxious to use her in battle...Her aria form reminds me my haircut when I had to sing in front of people an aria called "sento nel core"
I just have that feeling that, just like some other Pokemon, Braviary to Fearow, Swoobat to Zubat and so on, that Genesect is a copycat of Mewtwo as well. Why? Well if you look at Pokemon the First Movie, Team Rocket and the scientists created Mewtwo with Mew's DNA right? Genesect is created by Team Galactic, correct? What's everyone's thought on that story?
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Huggie

Quote:
I just have that feeling that, just like some other Pokemon, Braviary to Fearow, Swoobat to Zubat and so on, that Genesect is a copycat of Mewtwo as well. Why? Well if you look at Pokemon the First Movie, Team Rocket and the scientists created Mewtwo with Mew's DNA right? Genesect is created by Team Galactic, correct? What's everyone's thought on that story?
I can accept the fact that there may be more than one species of bat pokemon, I can accept the fact that there are more than one pokemon that look totally like an angry form of Pidgeot but NOONE will copy MY Mewtwo! XD

Seriously when I first learned about Genesect I thought " Really?!" I mean, come on, Genesect was created by humans by recombining DNA of other species, to create "the most powerful pokemon ever" and is described as a ruthless and deathly hunter? Also they're both shades of purple ( maybe the recoloration formula went wrong )
The only thing that makes me feel better is that Team Plasma failed. The rocket scientists did a better job!

Old April 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Jeff Gordon

Genesect was revived from a fossil and technologically enhanced by Team Plasma to create the most powerful Pokémon ever. N had the project cancelled and the P2 Laboratory closed because he felt that Pokémon, who he thought to be perfect beings, would lose their beauty if modified by science. However, Scientist Dudley kept working on it, being angry that N denied his talent. This scientist reconstructed Genesect and installed the cannon on its back. Which enables installation of Drives. Drives that update his Signature move of Techno Boost. Without a drive it would treat its move as a Normal-type. Burn Drive(Fire), Douse Drive(Water), Shock Driver(Electric) & Chill Driver(Ice) are what exists for Genesect's signature moves. Genesect's name is also originated from the word 'Genetic' and the 'sect' could be taken from the word insect, as its a bug type Pokemon. Creative, but I don't think I would actually prefer Genesect over Mewtwo to be honest. Let alone having a 4x weakness to Fire, with common moves like Fire Blast and Flamethrower, it's definitely a bad weakness to behold.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
BZW Golem
Conspirator~
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BZW Golem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
vs
vs
I will start with what I DON'T want.

Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza -> bad, bad idea. I mean, the changing weather is just so confusing @.@

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh -> not bad, mewtwo and lugia are just great.. but Ho-Oh, I love him for his looks, but he is too fragile >.>

Now.. Dialga, Palkia & Giratina vs Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem..
I would choose Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem, simple because I like their typing and looks more xD

None at the moment, but Mac rules, just saying.
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM
CyanFlame
Gotta get the sauce

Nature: Jolly
Name: CyanFlames
Partner Pokemon: Shadow the Darkrai

Old April 29th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZW Golem View Post
I will start with what I DON'T want.

Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza -> bad, bad idea. I mean, the changing weather is just so confusing @.@

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh -> not bad, mewtwo and lugia are just great.. but Ho-Oh, I love him for his looks, but he is too fragile >.>

Now.. Dialga, Palkia & Giratina vs Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem..
I would choose Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem, simple because I like their typing and looks more xD
So with that being said. The Dragon Trio is pretty much the ones that would be victorious over favoritism and vicious creatures.. Sometimes I wonder. I might as well bring this up as a new topic.

Should Groudon be a Fire type instead of Ground, or both Ground/Fire type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanFlame View Post
Name: CyanFlames
Partner Pokemon: Shadow the Darkrai
Welcome! We now have two members with Darkrai, both nicknamed Shadow. Must be a very popular nickname for the Darkrai huh? :X
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
welcome CyanFlame!!

Although, Groudon has fire attacks and the constant Sunny Day , it is still considered a Ground type because Groudon is the Continent Pokemon (the spirit of the 'Earth'). it makes sense that it would be a ground type.

Old April 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
welcome CyanFlame!!

Although, Groudon has fire attacks and the constant Sunny Day , it is still considered a Ground type because Groudon is the Continent Pokemon (the spirit of the 'Earth'). it makes sense that it would be a ground type.
But the continent really can't make the sun shine that brightly can it? O.o

What about Duel typing? Primary Typing-Ground, Secondary Typing-Fire?

Although it would be way to suicidal to go against Kyogre then, 4x Weakness to Water wouldn't be favored much.

I guess this topic isn't getting any interests, let's move on I guess

Let's talk movies. Each movie is specifically about Legendary Pokemon or has an important role(Mew in Lucario movie, Raikou/Entei/Suicune in Zoroark movie).

1) Talk about your favorite storyline for that movie, give brief main idea/plots about the movie.
2) Would would you recommend it?
3) Why do you like it?
4) Would you change any details about the plot/story to your liking?

I suggest answering in spoilers to not ruin the movie for any members who hasn't seen it yet and eventually want it to be a surprise when watching. :D

Sponsored Links

Advertise here