Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?
All The Time...It's all I use! 4 10.53%
Most of the Time..sometimes I like using Weaker Pokemon 4 10.53%
50/50 Pretty Much. 14 36.84%
Very....Very.....Not so much. 12 31.58%
They're to Powerful and Cheap to use, so NEVER! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaroschase View Post
@cosmotone hey saw your fusion thread (: nice sprites btw :DDD
Thanks! I've always loved doing it. Anywho, back on topic.

New Topic: Who would you battle with if you had the choice; Reshiram or Zekrom? (Again with the mascot theme)
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaroschase View Post
[SIZE="2"]
@mR LOL my legendaries are like boxed for life and they never leave the PC \(O-O)
I mean on PO. I always play on uber tier. LOL.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
ikaroschase
サンダース the crackling of sparks

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ikaroschase Send a message via Skype™ to ikaroschase
Who would you battle with if you had the choice; Reshiram or Zekrom?

zekrom FTW <33333 i think it looks cooler :D
BLUE ELECTRIC! \(OuO)/

Old January 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
miltankRancher

this one. i have never used either ingame, but competitively, I think Reshiram is more promising.

and compare, Serebii's thoughts.

Quote:
Reshiram is the cover star of Pokémon Black and the only Dragon/Fire Pokémon in existence. Like most legendaries of recent generations, it is fairly slow with base 90 Speed, but it makes up for that in pure power. Dragon/Fire is nearly unresisted, and Reshiram gets crazy good moves and STAB on both types. Actually, now I think about it, because of its ability Turboblaze (a glorified Mold Breaker), Dragon/Fire is completely unresisted, as the only Pokémon that would resist it would be Heatran with Flash Fire. It can also abuse Groudon's Drought ability really well and more or less makes you a stupidly strong powerhouse. Reshiram's design is pretty nice. It looks nice and elegant. Its other stats are good too. It has a good Attack stat, although you'd only use that for a mix or surprise set... it is generally bulky too; 100/100/120 are pretty good stats for a primarily offensive Pokémon!
Quote:
I used to really like Zekrom... but I'm a Reshiram guy now. Zekrom is pretty... unappealing, to me at least. It has a crazy small movepool, and unlike Reshiram doesn't have the perfect STAB combination. Not saying it has a bad STAB combination, but it is resisted by a few Pokémon, and it main attack has a type immunity. It also can't abuse weather anywhere near as well as Reshiram. What Zekrom does do is something pretty much no other Pokémon in the game does: use physical Electric attacks well. Sure, there's Electivire, but it has what... ThunderPunch? Luxray? Hahaha. Zekrom is sort of unique in that respect. Its ability Mold Brea- sorry, Teravolt, is sort of handy, but not as useful on Zekrom as it is on Reshiram. Outside of... maybe Zapdos, Electric absorbing abilities aren't used. It still stops Sturdy and Multiscale though, so that's nice. Zekrom's main limitation is its awful movepool. It doesn't get Earthquake? That's silly. Not that it really needs any moves outside of its STAB, but still.
see?

anyway, I have made a userbar! it is not much. LOL.

ignore the attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png‎ (6.9 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.

Last edited by miltankRancher; January 28th, 2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old January 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Cool userbar. I would make some, but we already have a couple really good ones.

Old January 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
miltankRancher

I actually got tired of animating the userbar, LOL!

anyway, on topic:

Smogon itself said that...

Quote:
Reshiram is one of the most prominent threats in the Ubers metagame.
Its typing is certainly one of the most resistant type combinations: weak to Ground, Rock and Dragon only. Also, its high SpA ensure a 2HKO Blissey woth Blue Flare.

Quote:
Reshiram is a formidable adversary that all teams need an answer to.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
I'd probably end up using both Reshiram and Zekrom if given the opportunity, Reshiram is made to work with weather such as sun while Zekrom is more or less a surefire counter to Kyogre even though it would have some amount of trouble against Groudon to say the very least. As much as I like Zekrom though personally I kind of like Reshiram more just due to the dragon/fire typing I've been wishing for since gen 3 and just due to how well it works with Groudon as well lol.

But all in all I'd probably use a Hone Claws/Substitute set with Zekrom in game while running a full special sweeper set with Reshiram when facing other players with legendaries.

Gotta love the high life.
Old January 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM
miltankRancher

Kyogre is Reshiram's main problem, seeing as Reshiram has absolutely no way to counter the orca. If lucky, Reshiram could 2HKO Kyogre with Outrage, providing that Kyogre missed a turn (like missing a Surf)

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Same with Zekrom and Groudon as well unfortunately, an Outrage from Reshiram against Kyogre or a Draco Meteor from Zekrom against a Groudon wouldn't doo too much while the said opponents would most likely OHKO Reshiram and Zekrom with Surf/Hydro Pump and Earthquake respectively, wish there was a better way for the 2 dragons to counter the RS mascots though but sadly there isn't much of an alternative besides just firing off stab D-Meteors and Outrages and hoping for the best there.

I still believe that both dragons can fit into a uber sun team very easily though since Zekrom can check Kyogre with Bolt Strike and Reshiram can wreak havoc with Drought in play as said before lol.

Old January 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
miltankRancher

A Life Orb Outrage could probably OHKO Kyogre though. Same with Zekrom. These are just hypothetical scenarios. Both would not welcome the Life Orb damage.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Lol probably, but if something along the lines of Kyogre or Groudon can be OHKO'ed that quickly then the recoil from Life Orb shouldn't matter at all in comparison to taking out such a big threat so swiftly lol.

I was thinking about the possible Ruby/Sapphire remakes a few minutes ago though and I wondered if some legendaries like Dialga could be in the Ruby remake while Palkia could be in the Sapphire remake and when both of them would be in the same game like with Groudon and Kyogre back in HG/SS you could get Giratina like with Rayquaza as well, know it doesn't have much to do with the current topic but I happened to find that interesting to hope for in all honesty lol.

Old January 28th, 2012, 10:30 PM
miltankRancher

Considering Reshiram's and Zekrom's frailty, (and pretty average HP) they would be dealing so much damage to themselves in the long run.

I am pretty sure they would do that if ever. 4th generation legendaries are hard to come by on the fifth generation (without the use of external sources, I am pretty sure none existed)

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Eh I wouldn't call base 100 defensive stats frail TBH but I see where you're coming from with the LO recoil taking its toll at some point but by that time you would have ravaged your opponent's team so badly they can't possibly hope to turn the tide by then but that's just my opinion again.

Yeah it would be nice to see the Sinnoh legendaries again, maybe something along the lines of finding Heatran at Mt. Chimney or Regigigas at Shoal Cave after you've beaten the game too lol.

Old January 29th, 2012, 07:58 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulek View Post
Eh I wouldn't call base 100 defensive stats frail TBH but I see where you're coming from with the LO recoil taking its toll at some point but by that time you would have ravaged your opponent's team so badly they can't possibly hope to turn the tide by then but that's just my opinion again.

Yeah it would be nice to see the Sinnoh legendaries again, maybe something along the lines of finding Heatran at Mt. Chimney or Regigigas at Shoal Cave after you've beaten the game too lol.
I would seeing as in the Ubers tier, you need to be pretty study and bulky to survive the onslaught of counters. I used an LO Reshiram once, I was one hit by a Groudon's Dragon Tail because of the residual LO damage. Or I guess I was just pretty unlucky at that time.

If ever the fourth gen legendaries are added, I doubt they will be located on Pre-E4 locations.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
I would seeing as in the Ubers tier, you need to be pretty study and bulky to survive the onslaught of counters. I used an LO Reshiram once, I was one hit by a Groudon's Dragon Tail because of the residual LO damage. Or I guess I was just pretty unlucky at that time.

If ever the fourth gen legendaries are added, I doubt they will be located on Pre-E4 locations.
Usually you can kill off said counters barring Kyogre for Reshiram or Groudon for Zekrom respectively as previously stated before they can have the opportunity to stop your sweep given the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom have near to perfect coverage in their STABs not to mention the sheer damage output that's possible with those 2, Reshiram in particular especially. Yeah you must have been unlucky then.

There's always the possibility of them not being at those said locations until you beat the game though. Would be rather neat to see to say the very least.

Old January 29th, 2012, 11:31 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:

In this pic, we can see how Deoxys-A emits his coolness, in such a manner that all other forms stand behind him.
Deoxys-A is just badass, true form of an emperor
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:34 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:

Usually you can kill off said counters barring Kyogre for Reshiram or Groudon for Zekrom respectively as previously stated before they can have the opportunity to stop your sweep given the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom have near to perfect coverage in their STABs not to mention the sheer damage output that's possible with those 2, Reshiram in particular especially. Yeah you must have been unlucky then.

There's always the possibility of them not being at those said locations until you beat the game though. Would be rather neat to see to say the very least.
I think so.

Hmm... Much like how Kyogre and Groudon was in Emerald? They are in places that can be found pre-E4, though you cannot manage to access them.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Which form of Deoxys do you like most & why?

Deoxys-D. I just love this defensive Pokemon and how they troll around the battle. Comes in on a neutral or ineffective move, laugh it out with recover. Set-up entry hazards, and can still do average damage to incoming or defending Pokemon.

Old January 30th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

@Miltankrancher: Yeah pretty much lol.

TBH I'm becoming tempted more and more to try out Deoxys D or Doexys S sometime even though my current Deoxys doesn't have Superpower sadly, just so I can have some fun with my opponent instead of just blasting them away with Deoxys A lol.

Old January 30th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:

this one. i have never used either ingame, but competitively, I think Reshiram is more promising.

and compare, Serebii's thoughts.

see?

anyway, I have made a userbar! it is not much. LOL.

ignore the attachment.
Johto Legends? Would the owner of the Johto Legends accept us using this? If so or not, you should probably change the name to Legendary Club or something to ease up the confusion LOL Otherwise I'd accept this and add it.

I prefer Reshiram all the way, I've always tagged along with the female-like Pokemon (Latias for instance) over the males, and Reshiram looks more female-like to me and Zekrom the male.

I prefer Speed Deoxys However. Otherwise I'd stick to his original form. Guess Speed is mighty impressive to me.

NEW PotW: Kyurem!

Quote:
Heat Wave + Roost= beast. Zapdos is truly the best legendary outside Uber to use in competitive battling. Too bad about the tier down in the fifth gen.
I've been using this roleplaying idea I created in this notebook and used myself and my nephew as the greatest Pokemon trainers ever (I recommend everyone doing this for themselves, it's quite fun). Zapdos with Heat Wave + Roost is one of the Legendary Pokemon I used in my Legendary Party haha. It is awesome, I was so surprised to see Zadpos use one of my favorite moves I use for Ninetales! It does make Moltres somewhat Obsolete though..
NEW TOPIC DISCUSSION:
State your favorite storyline about any of the Legendary Pokemon. (Anime or Game)

Gave up 100 points for a 4th Pokemon to my party. Penelope(Reshiram!)
battle server MOD // paired to Sanguine & Synerjee // rival of Denny Hamlin

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; February 2nd, 2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Thought the whole Sinnoh storyline was cool. It made a lot of sense to me, with The Lake Trio playing a part of awakening Dialga/Palkia/Giritina. It wasnt too simplistic, but it wasnt too complicated. Yeah, I was loving that story until they made Arceus. Really, the god of Pokémon is a goat stuck in a hoop. Nice work, Pokémon, nice work.

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Thought the whole Sinnoh storyline was cool. It made a lot of sense to me, with The Lake Trio playing a part of awakening Dialga/Palkia/Giritina. It wasnt too simplistic, but it wasnt too complicated. Yeah, I was loving that story until they made Arceus. Really, the god of Pokémon is a goat stuck in a hoop. Nice work, Pokémon, nice work.
I'd have to agree with this. ^

There is also the Mewtwo/Mew rivalry. Watching Mew and Mewtwo fight off was the epic thing I've ever seen when I first saw it back in the 90's!

Then there's Lugia who was awaken to restore the Crystal Balls to sane the Bird Trio. I think I had seen it...354 times when I got the VHS? I just loved it so much, I just couldn't get enough of it! haha

I'm a little...awed about the Unova Dragons story. I just have no comment and is speechless about that one to be honest..

Pictures of PotW:
Spoiler:

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

My favorite legendary storyline would have to be that of the legendary beast trio back in Gold & Silver, particularly Suicune in Crystal but then again I'm a sucker for 2nd gen honestly lol.

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
I'd have to agree with this. ^

There is also the Mewtwo/Mew rivalry. Watching Mew and Mewtwo fight off was the epic thing I've ever seen when I first saw it back in the 90's!

Then there's Lugia who was awaken to restore the Crystal Balls to sane the Bird Trio. I think I had seen it...354 times when I got the VHS? I just loved it so much, I just couldn't get enough of it! haha

I'm a little...awed about the Unova Dragons story. I just have no comment and is speechless about that one to be honest..

Again, we are on the same page. I agree with you 100% on all those opinions. Great minds think alike!

Old January 31st, 2012, 01:15 AM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

Again, we are on the same page. I agree with you 100% on all those opinions. Great minds think alike!
Sure does seem like it!

Ok so while we're on the topic, let's ask a question regarding the topic

Every Pokemon movie that's been aired has been revolved around Legendary Pokemon..mainly. Two of them involved Zoroark and Lucario even though they both had the Beast Trio & Mew involved.

I have heard people consider Zoroark/Lucario 'Legendary' Pokemon from the movie. Any argument/opinions? (Not relating to the game, so don't bring up the 'they are breedable' idea please)

Quote:
My favorite legendary storyline would have to be that of the legendary beast trio back in Gold & Silver, particularly Suicune in Crystal but then again I'm a sucker for 2nd gen honestly lol.
Suicune seemed like a leader of the Beast Trio rather than "being" a trio. Like...the Kami's (Thundurus/Tornadus to Landorus). That's how I view it. Plus, I think Suicune is the best and has the better design than the other two, Entei/Raikou.

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; January 31st, 2012 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here