The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance

Advertise here
REVIVING THIS CLUB BRB.

*uses CPR* CLEAR!

New Topic (and I'm not certain if this was asked before but I'll try!) Favorite Grass-Type move and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

How do you feel about the lack of grass-type legendaries? Do you think there should be more?
The lack of Poison types upsets me more ;p But nah, honestly I can't really think of any more Grass legendaries that could be added without making them ridiculous. I think really the only Grass legendaries from now on should be types like Grass/Psychic or Grass/Dark because otherwise it's kinda hard to believe that the Grass type has a legendary quality to it. However they did manage to do it with Shaymin and Virizion so it could be interesting to see what they come up with next! But nah, I don't think we really need more right now. :p
A Grass/Dark type legendary would sound pretty sweeeeet. Though I'll agree with you on the first statement. There isn't any good ideas for new legendaries of this time. I'm sure what we have is sufficient. xD

KASEY KAHNE
oral-b usa 500 winner | atlanta, georgia | august 31, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
How do you feel about the lack of grass-type legendaries? Do you think there should be more?
i don't think we need more grass type legendaries. A pure Grass legendary would have 5 weaknesses, at least one to a common type (Fire).

Old June 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
JOIN JOIN JOIN

Name: Droomph
Partner: Grovyle :DDDDD
Why? BECAUSE. Well, I've always thought Grass type Pokémon were pretty good, and what better excuse than GROVYLE OMGOMG anyways I'm just gi-

Look, I just love Pokémon, and none more than Grass. :D

I hate it Well, there must be a reason for that...just as Avishka said, there's too many weaknesses that too few types can counteract, and a Legendary can't have too many weaknesses. Except for Celebi, because the whole vibe around her is that she's helpless all the time yet powerful on demand. So!

But yeah, if it hasn't been made, there must be a reason behind that.

Last edited by droomph; June 4th, 2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: butt worms
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:45 PM
۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
Beginning Trainer

Join:
Name: ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
Partner: Simisage
Reason: Grass is one of my favourite type. It always has good designs and cool moves!

About Grass/Dark type legendary....agree with Droomph XD

Old June 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
JOIN JOIN JOIN

Name: Droomph
Partner: Grovyle :DDDDD
Why? BECAUSE. Well, I've always thought Grass type Pokémon were pretty good, and what better excuse than GROVYLE OMGOMG anyways I'm just gi-

Look, I just love Pokémon, and none more than Grass. :D

I hate it Well, there must be a reason for that...just as Avishka said, there's too many weaknesses that too few types can counteract, and a Legendary can't have too many weaknesses. Except for Celebi, because the whole vibe around her is that she's helpless all the time yet powerful on demand. So!

But yeah, if it hasn't been made, there must be a reason behind that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩ View Post
Join:
Name: ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
Partner: Simisage
Reason: Grass is one of my favourite type. It always has good designs and cool moves!

About Grass/Dark type legendary....agree with Droomph XD
Welcome guys. xD

We should totally demand for a Grass/Dark legendary...wasn't there a grass/dark type Pokemon somewhere? I can't remember the name. >_<

ahh droomph, you're the bigger grass-type fan than I am. xD

ALSO GUYS I JUST POSTED A NEW TOPIC. (I guess it was answered already? I'll just answer it just in case lol)

Favorite Grass-Type move and why?
LEAF STORM. I love this move to death. Though it does power down the Special Attack, but it is powerful nonetheless. :3

KASEY KAHNE

Shining Armour
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:21 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Shiftry, Megan. Shiftry. Unless you're being sarcastic.

My favorite grass move is Other Chat & Discussions the Absorb moves. I don't know why, probably because Treecko learns it at lv. 6 or 7 <3

Old June 5th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Energy Ball, cos various Pokemon learn it and it allows good type coverage if you are lacking an actual Grass-type on your team. I teach it to most of my Grass-types, even my Chandelure knows it.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old June 5th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Shiftry, Megan. Shiftry. Unless you're being sarcastic.

My favorite grass move is Other Chat & Discussions the Absorb moves. I don't know why, probably because Treecko learns it at lv. 6 or 7 <3
I couldn't get the name at the top of my head. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post

Energy Ball, cos various Pokemon learn it and it allows good type coverage if you are lacking an actual Grass-type on your team. I teach it to most of my Grass-types, even my Chandelure knows it.
I like Energy Ball too! It's a great move, and like your Chandelure, many non-grass-types can learn this move, which is very useful when you lack a grass-type in your team. Another move I like with this same reason is Grass Knot.

KASEY KAHNE

Shining Armour
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

I really like Energy Ball, after playing three generations without having a reliable Grass move to use which a lot of Pokemon can learn, fourth generation gave us what was needed. my choice has always been Energy Ball when it comes to a Special Grass move.

Old June 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
I'm back guys, sorry for leaving out of thin air, been busy with exams and whatnot. But now that I have a 5 week break, I can get back into the dicussions here!

My favourite grass type move and why? -
My favs change all the time, but now, my favourite move would definitely be powerwhip. I was researching Tangrowth's possible moves last night for one of my future RP characters and I think power whip suited perfectly. Now, I just have a little interest and liking toward it.
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Hi i would like to join
Name: Jerichob10 (Call me jericho)
Partner Pokemon: Bubasaur
Reason for joining: I have always loved grass pokemon (Hence the sig and avatar) and i find that they are cute and some of them can be loyal companions in battle.
I almost always use grass starters accept for in Diamond/pearl, and i find them plenty worthwhile.
I even have a trade thread named after Grass/Nature! (le Foret)
Answer the current topic!

Well i have plenty of favorites, but i must say that i favor leaf blade. It is a cool and powerfull move, i also like grass knot for strategic purposes.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:28 AM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Nature: Sassy
Hey everyone, thought I'd get in on this conversation.

Favorite grass type move and why?
I love leaf blade, mostly because I used to have it on my Sceptile in Sapphire and the idea of Sceptile slashing things with his arms seems awesome to me.

I'd just like to see a grass/dragon type. Preferably legendary but if it's like Hydreigon or something I'd be fine with that too. I just think it would be a cool type combo.
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob10 View Post
Hi i would like to join
Name: Jerichob10 (Call me jericho)
Partner Pokemon: Bubasaur
Reason for joining: I have always loved grass pokemon (Hence the sig and avatar) and i find that they are cute and some of them can be loyal companions in battle.
I almost always use grass starters accept for in Diamond/pearl, and i find them plenty worthwhile.
I even have a trade thread named after Grass/Nature! (le Foret)
Answer the current topic!

Well i have plenty of favorites, but i must say that i favor leaf blade. It is a cool and powerfull move, i also like grass knot for strategic purposes.
Welcome jericho, gald to have you here! Mm, I agree, many grass pokemon are extremely cute, I myself love Celebi. And, wise choice, leaf blade is a pretty powerful move - having experience using it on my Leavanny, Alinthea in White. It proved to be the stongest and most usefull move out of its four. Grass knots also a wise choice, and especially usefu when dealing with heavy enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post

Favorite grass type move and why?
I love leaf blade, mostly because I used to have it on my Sceptile in Sapphire and the idea of Sceptile slashing things with his arms seems awesome to me.

I'd just like to see a grass/dragon type. Preferably legendary but if it's like Hydreigon or something I'd be fine with that too. I just think it would be a cool type combo.
Oh wow, I never thought such a combo! Interesting if you think about it, I don't think it's ever been done...ah no it's hasn't. That'd be wicked cool though if they were to introduce a grass/dragon type; maybe in Gen VI?
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
Oh wow, I never thought such a combo! Interesting if you think about it, I don't think it's ever been done...ah no it's hasn't. That'd be wicked cool though if they were to introduce a grass/dragon type; maybe in Gen VI?
I think it could be a really cool combo, and its only real flaw would be a 4x ice weakness (but Garchomp, Flygon, Salamence, and Dragonite all have that anyway). Since we got Ice, Fire, Electric, and Dark combined with Dragon in Gen V I think they could have Grass/Dragon in Gen VI. Plus, it could get a cool, unique move, a bit like a grass type fusion flare/bolt.
Old June 14th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post

A Grass/Dragon type sounds so.....wonderful now that I think about it. I think it'd be powerful too. I know the perfect moveset for a particular Pokemon with that type: Leaf Storm, Dragon Breath, Twister, and Solarbeam. Something along the lines.

KASEY KAHNE

Shining Armour
Old June 14th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Sector
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
A Grass/Dragon type sounds so.....wonderful now that I think about it. I think it'd be powerful too. I know the perfect moveset for a particular Pokemon with that type: Leaf Storm, Dragon Breath, Twister, and Solarbeam. Something along the lines.
Grass/Dragon type huh? I wouldn't use it because I personally dislike Pokemon with 4x weakness to a type. Ice type would hurt it majorly!

I want to see a Fire/Grass type myself.
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Grass/Dragon type huh? I wouldn't use it because I personally dislike Pokemon with 4x weakness to a type. Ice type would hurt it majorly!

I want to see a Fire/Grass type myself.
I'd love a Grass/Dragon but a 4x Ice weakness is a drawback. I hate using Pokemon that fall easily to a certain type, particularly if the super-effective type is Fire or Ice.

Fire/Grass is a type combo I'd definitely want to see given it doesn't have many weaknesses.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old June 15th, 2012, 04:40 AM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I'd love a Grass/Dragon but a 4x Ice weakness is a drawback. I hate using Pokemon that fall easily to a certain type, particularly if the super-effective type is Fire or Ice.

Fire/Grass is a type combo I'd definitely want to see given it doesn't have many weaknesses.
I don't like the 4x weakness either but if it was a cool enough Pokemon I'd get over it... I mean, I use Garchomp pretty much every time I play Platinum and I'm currently using Flygon in Sapphire. They'd have to give it a pretty cool design and good stats to make it worth it.

Fire/Grass would be a really cool combination, though I can't really think of any creatures that would logically have such a type...

While we're on the topic of what we want,

What type combination would you like to see in the Gen VI Grass-type starter?
I feel like, of the three starters, grass has gotten ripped off type-wise. We really only have one starter with an interesting type combo, Torterra, while the others are all either only grass or grass/poison (which is an incredibly common combo anyway). I would like to see grass/dark, or maybe grass/flying.
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I know it's really boring, but I love Grass/Poison types. Those are two of my favourite typings but together so it'd be really nice to have another strong Grass/Poison Pokémon out there to use. I'd also like to see a Grass/Bug type starter. There's no reason the typings have to be incredibly unique and stuff as long as the Pokémon are decent and look good, so that's why I'd like some more Grass/Poison or Grass/Bug types to be introduced. Especially as starters c:
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Generation 6, huh? Interesting.. :3

I wanted to say Grass/Fire, but that typing would be impossible to be quite honest. xD I wouldn't mind seeing a grass/ghost, or even another grass/water! It'd be awesome to see more of that typing in the next generation of Pokemon. I'd be happy! ^_^

And in the meantime, I'll bring up another topic so I can bring in activity! :)

Do you actually use the move Sunny Day before using the grass-type move Solarbeam? Do you think it's more powerful that way than Solarbeam alone?

KASEY KAHNE

Shining Armour
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Do you actually use the move Sunny Day before using the grass-type move Solarbeam? Do you think it's more powerful that way than Solarbeam alone?
The only time I ever use Solarbeam is if another Pokemon is around to set up sunlight (IE, Groudon, Draught Ninetales, or a Chlorophyll Pokemon that needs Sunny Day anyway). Otherwise, it wastes too much time with charging, though I wouldn't say its more powerful than Solarbeam alone in terms of damage. Without sun around, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, or Leaf Blade are all better moves IMO.
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

No because i don't even use the move. If I did use sunny day, I think Leafstorm or EnergyBall would be better anyway.
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
TogeDelques

Grass pokes,yes :D
Name:
TogeDelques
Partner Pokemon:
Venusaur
Reason for joining:
Venusaur is pretty much my favorite starter and my love for it extended to grass types. Grass just kinda became my favorite type,along with flying(which is weird cuz I don't like Tropius).
The only time I've ever used solarbeam was on a power herb set, so no but I think the sun should boost solarbeam since it's a pretty terrible move,worse than focus miss.

Old July 9th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Welcome new members!!

No because i don't even use the move. Leafstorm or EnergyBall would be better.

Old July 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Name: Okjoek
Partner Pokemon: Snivy
Reason for joining: The grass type isn't the strongest, but mankind would not exist without plants in the world. Tree hugger? No. But "plants remind us there's a ballance in nature and if you attempt to disrupt the order you will feel their wrath!" *battle opening scene*

Answer the current topic!: Hmm that's a tough one, I'd have to say something like shiftry.

I LOVE making monotype pokemon teams for hypothetical scenerios, but it's kind of hard for grass because they literaly have so many weaknesses. Normaly I pair them with the Fire type because they usualy get boosts from sunny day in the form of solar beam charging and common abilities.

Pure gass though I'd go with:

Roserade
Ferrothorn
Tropius
Craydily
Ludicolo
Serperior

Sponsored Links

Advertise here