The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something

Nature: Calm
Name: Slayr231
Partner Pokemon: Serperior
Reason of Joining: I always liked grass types and how underestimated they actually are.

I would have to say the scariest grass type would be Ferrothorn, it just looks so evil!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

grass pokemon are so underappreciated ever since the beginning, time to display their true worth...

Partner pokemon
: Bulbasaur, my first true grass love...

What type combination would you like to see in the Gen VI Grass-type starter?
Grass/Dragon for its final form. Along with good design, stats and movepool, it can become a true emblem for grass types.

Do you actually use the move Sunny Day before using the grass-type move Solarbeam? Do you think it's more powerful that way than Solarbeam alone?
Even without Sunny day, there are many unique powerful grass moves. Spore and sleep powder induce sleep. Giga drain not only does strong damage but recovers health. Seed bomb, petaldance, leaf blade are just few of the many powerful grass moves if used correctly.

Sunny day teams are powerful if handled well. The "friends" of grass types : Ninetails and groudon. Their Drought ability auto induces sunny day, giving chlorophyll grass types a boost

Finally to top it off with this nice pic of the garden of bliss...grass types daebak (awesome)!

Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Welcome all new members! I'll add you to the members list asap!

And to bring a little more discussion from this grassy gravesite -- If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?
Nyahh I love these topics xD After staring at Nathan's signature for the past half hour, I'm very tempted to say Lotad, but I'm going to go with Sewaddle. I think anyone who has watched 'Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest!' will completely understand why. It's such a fun-loving, carefree and extremely unique Pokémon that I utterly adore. It's one of the cutest Pokémon out there, it has extraordinary skills, and its little leaf clothes look so comfy! Plus you'd have the opportunity to evolve into one of my all-time favourite Grass types, Leavanny. Spending a few years as an adorable Sewaddle having tonnes of fun 24/7 before turning into a complete powerhouse seems like the perfect life for me. n.n
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Altix
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Nature: Docile
Name: Altix
Partner Pokemon: Snivy(Neon)
Reason for joining:
I Have just always loved grass types. They have always been my starter. My two fav. types are Grass and Dark. I think grass types are very under-estimated.
If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why: I would be a... Snivy, duh! Snivy are the best pokemon in my opinion.
Do you actually use the move Sunny Day before using the grass-type move Solarbeam? Do you think it's more powerful that way than Solarbeam alone? Nah. Solarbeam is a very powerful move. It would almost be unfair if I did use it XD
What type combination would you like to see in the Gen VI Grass-type starter?
A Grass/Dark. That would be super cool. Like if snivy and zorua spawned a child...woah. Now ima draw...
What do you think the best legendary is?
That is a hard question but I would have to say Rayquaza, or Zoroark(is he legendary?) Darkrai is awesome too....

Anyway can I be in the club?
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

If i could be any grass pokemon i would choose snivy because snivy is quite but cunning and just quite amazing in a whole. snivy is a stealthy, quick and hard to read kind of pokemon. And i like to think of myself that way :p

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
And to bring a little more discussion from this grassy gravesite -- If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?
Hmmm... that's a tough question. I would love to be Sceptile, of course, but honestly I think I'll go with Ludicolo as my top choice. He's just so happy and bouncy all the time and I feel like it would fun to be him or even be around him ^.^
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Be grass type Pokémon?

Either Grovyle, Sceptile, or Nuzleaf.

Grovyle and Sceptile is obviously gonna be awesome, and Nuzleaf is so happy and/or badass!

Old August 15th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Altix
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Discuss: What is the best grass-type pokemon?

I think it is snivy. powerful, yet cute.
Old August 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

Send a message via Skype™ to rainerman3
Name:rainerman3 (Rainer in real life)
Partner Pokemon: Trek the Treecko
Reason for joining:Because i love grass types and their my 2-nd favorite type of pokemons!
If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?
Well i would probably be Treecko because he is cool and quick and he is calm most of the time. :D
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Favorite grass starter pokemon overall

Well i would say that my favorite grass starter pokemon would be Bubasaur, while i like the new Snivy, I will always love bubasaur as my first and my favorite grass starter <3

Old August 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Name: Snowdrop (Call me Mer or Skitters!)
Partner: I would usually go for Sawsbuck, but my partner will be Rosemary the Chikorita!
Reason for joining: Grasses usually have cool designs, and IMO they're usually the best starters, and I just like the plant and nature theme.

I guess the topic is to create a Grass-type move soo...

Eh... this is difficult lol

Prickle Punch
Base power: 90
Accuracy: 90
PP: 10
Description: The opponent is slugged with a fist-full of a needles. Has a 50% chance of making the opponent flinch.

Lol new topic after I finish writing this. Harumph. Definitely Chikorita. I absolutely love Meganium, I have no idea why so many people think she's useless. As for all the grass types, this is the order in which I like them

First Stage
Chikorita
Bulbasaur
Snivy
Treecko
Turtwig

Middle Stage
Bayleef
Ivysaur
Grovyle
Grotle
Servine

Final Stage
Meganium
TIE: Venusaur/Serperior
Sceptile
Torterra

You know, I like them all to be honest.
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Welcome mer! I agree with you that the grass pokemon usually look the coolest

Old August 24th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Halcyon
peace and serenity

Welcome, new members! :)

If I were a grass-type Pokémon, I would want to be a Hoppip. Floating around aromatic flower meadows with no worries at all sounds fantastic to me. :D until the wind comes and blows me away D:

My favourite grass starter Pokémon overall is a tie between Treecko and Snivy. They're both smart, calm yet really cool creatures, as depicted in the anime. :)

The best grass-type Pokémon, hmmm... I would say Breloom. It has helped me a lot in capturing wild Pokémon with its handy Spore move, and its attack packs a punch too, which proved useful in battles. :D

Old September 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
AoiFushigisou
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to AoiFushigisou
Name: AoiFushigisou
Partner: Ivysaur? Grovyle? Victreebell? :O too hard but I´ll choose ..... Ivysaur now :D
Reason for joining: See singnature
Favorite grass starter pokemon overall: Too hard because I love all of them, but I think that Treecko

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Ownership transferred to Leaf Storm (previously Meganium90 just so you guys know it's not a random decision xD) due to an inactive owner.

Last edited by Major Ziggs; September 11th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Hi imma post now k! xD

Anyways, for those of you who joined just recently, welcome aboard to the club! I am happy to see you here! Grass Pokemon are just simply amazing Pokemon. In the meantime I am going to try to revive an old topic here so we can get some activity going (as well as have new members who just joined get a chance to answer a topic they couldn't answer). I'll also re-decorate the first post so we can have a clearer view of what the club is about (and keep track of the topics and the members and stuff!) Alrighty!

What's everyone's favorite Grass-Type starter?

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
Hi imma post now k! xD

Anyways, for those of you who joined just recently, welcome aboard to the club! I am happy to see you here! Grass Pokemon are just simply amazing Pokemon. In the meantime I am going to try to revive an old topic here so we can get some activity going (as well as have new members who just joined get a chance to answer a topic they couldn't answer). I'll also re-decorate the first post so we can have a clearer view of what the club is about (and keep track of the topics and the members and stuff!) Alrighty!

Welcome dear! Take good care of it <3

Hmm, this is actually a really hard question :x I adore Bulbasaur because it's Grass/Poison which are two of my favourite types, so that's a huge bonus for me. Plus Venusaur is a huge beast of a Pokémon which really kicks butt in battle B) Meganium is adorable and reminds me of a cutie I know so she gets an unfair advantage, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite by far. Treecko and Grovyle are both amazing and I utterly love them both, I don't like Sceptile at all though (something so nimble and dexterous becomes a big hulking beast? :x) so I'll count them out. I love Turtwig and Grovyle but once again, I don't like the final in their line since he looks so grumpy and angry! Although the Grass/Ground typing that Torterra carries makes up for it, so that's a big bonus. And as for Snivy, I really don't like it's evolutions - I'd much prefer if Snivy was a stand alone Pokémon. Why does it lose it's legs anyway? :( But yeah, it's pretty much a tie between Bulbasaur and Turtwig, so I'll go with Bulba due to the prettiness of Ivysaur <3
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

I was very fond of Bulbasaur when I used it the first time when playing RBY. Then the 2nd generation came, and I fell in love with the Chikorita line. <3 Everytime I play Silver, I always end up choosing Chikorita. xD I did the same when I first started playing Soulsilver. I just can't help it by choosing that starter!

So yeah, my favorite starter? Chikorita. Chika-Chika.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old September 11th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
I was very fond of Bulbasaur when I used it the first time when playing RBY. Then the 2nd generation came, and I fell in love with the Chikorita line. <3 Everytime I play Silver, I always end up choosing Chikorita. xD I did the same when I first started playing Soulsilver. I just can't help it by choosing that starter!

So yeah, my favorite starter? Chikorita. Chika-Chika.
I've always wondered, why do you love the Chikorita line so much? o3o I mean, Meganium does look rather cool, but I can't see anything that special or unique about them D: It's a family I've always been underwhelmed with so I'd love to hear some reasons to love them x]
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Based entirely on design I'd have to say Chikorita and Snivy since they look kinda cute and they appeal to girls pretty well. I love the flower on Meganium's neck and Serperior's design being based on European royalty makes it appealing.

As for power, I'd say Treecko and Turtwig since their final evos learn some good attacks. Sceptile (despite being more special-based) can run physical sets well thanks to Swords Dance and it's pretty fast while Torterra has a fierce Grass/Ground typing, and its Earthquakes hit really hard.

My all-time fave would have to be Snivy. Cos I like its personality in the anime.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old September 11th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I've always wondered, why do you love the Chikorita line so much? o3o I mean, Meganium does look rather cool, but I can't see anything that special or unique about them D: It's a family I've always been underwhelmed with so I'd love to hear some reasons to love them x]
The Chikorita family match my personality. They have the power to "heal". So like, when I check to see if someone's down, I try my best to make them feel better and be happy. And Meganium (especially) has the power to do the same, to heal the wounds and make the depression and the aggressiveness go away. I don't think any other grass-type have the power to do that, if I recall correctly.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Club closed due to owner's request to be remade soon~