The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
SytheXP
Net Labs/UG Founder

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-oh 112 View Post
1. I have successfully made a boulder pushing puzzle WITHOUT SCRIPTING, you just need to read the map x/y of the puzzle and when they are correct an autorun/parrellel process runs the effect.

2. I thought this was already possible (didn't check yet...)

3. I would like to see a universal screen like the i-pad and other things it's 1 screen but you can touch(in this case click) on an object and something will happen(mostly used for Guis....) but using these for pokedex scrolling/battles/pokegear it could be better(in terms of features, I really hate using the D-pad in the hand-held games for typing my name/ other processes that may take a while(1 minutes+) excluding battles though...)
In response to #3

In the latest version of essentials you can change it so you can type the characters name and pokemon nick names. heres a link to me explaining how to do so. Not sure if this is exactly what you mean but it touches base on the Name entry

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/w...ard_Text_Entry

My Sprite Thread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179083

Phantom Dusk is back in production with loads of modifications. Will be updating soon! -2012

I Support:
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
This is just a feature some friends thought would be pretty neat - the ability to set nicknames for Pokemon belonging to NPCs, mostly for just major characters and the like.
To set the scene, you can already define the species/level/IVs/held item/moveset/shininess/Shadowness of a trainer's Pokémon.

Off the top of my head, the following properties may also be fair game for being defined: form/gender/nature/ability/happiness/EVs/nickname/ballused.

That's a huge amount of things. I will certainly add more options, but I'd rather not add all those in if I can help it. EVs and ballused will probably not be options, and I'm unsure about happiness and nature.

Cue the cries of: "But I want it all!" Give me good reasons, then.
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM
DarkGrey

Setting Trainer pokemon EVs, Natures, and Abilities would be the options I'd want most. Form is also up there, but it is something that can be set with held items easily, so it is less necessary in my eyes.
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Daedalus
tyrian

Could we possibly get the 'stat colors' in the future, which show what stats are affected by the Pokemon's nature (positive and negative effect) in the summary screen? Not really a pressing issue but it would be swell.
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:10 AM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
I'd like to see scrolling through large or connected region maps.
Like the connected Johto and Kanto? or taller/longer regions that are possibly surpass the set size?
Probably just something I want to see...

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

I deffinitly request more actions on a trainer, Gender for one... The rest have been covered!

EDIT: I meant NPC's Pokémon by the way haha.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
TACHAN

I bring a contribution for Pokebattle_MoveEffect.
They all work well, except the last one.

Quote:
################################################################################
# After inflicting damage, user switches out. Ignores trapping moves.#U-turn, Volt Change
################################################################################
class PokeBattle_Move_0EE < PokeBattle_Move_000
def pbEffect(attacker,opponent)
ret=super(attacker,opponent)
if @battle.pbCanChooseNonActive?(attacker.index)
newpoke=0
@battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,nil)
newpoke=@battle.pbSwitchInBetween(attacker.index,true,false)
@battle.pbReplace(attacker.index,newpoke)
end
return ret
end
end
Quote:
# Target flees from battle. In trainer battles, target switches out instead.
# Fails if target is a higher level than the user. For damaging moves.
#Circle Throw, Dragon Tail
class PokeBattle_Move_0EC < PokeBattle_Move_000
ret=super(attacker,opponent)
if opponent.ability==PBAbilities:UCTIONCUPS
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} anchors itself with Suction Cups!",opponent.pbThis))
return -1
end
if opponent.effects[PBEffects::Ingrain]
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} anchored itself with its roots!",opponent.pbThis))
return -1
end
if !@battle.opponent
x=@battle.pbRandom(256)
varA=((x*(attacker.level+opponent.level)/256).floor+1)
varB=(opponent.level/4).floor
if varA<=varB
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But i failed!"))
return -1
end
@battle.decision=3 # Set decision to escaped
return 0
else
choices=[]
party=@battle.pbParty(opponent.index)
for i in 0..party.length-1
choices[choices.length]=i if @battle.pbCanSwitchLax?(opponent.index,i,false)
end
if choices.length==0
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
return -1
end
newpoke=choices[@battle.pbRandom(choices.length)]
@battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent)
opponent.pbInitialize(party[newpoke],newpoke,false)
if !@battle.pbOwnedByPlayer?(opponent.index)
@battle.pbPlayer.seen[party[newpoke].species]=true
@battle.scene.pbTrainerSendOut(opponent.index,party[newpoke])
else
@battle.scene.pbSendOut(opponent.index,party[newpoke])
end
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} was dragged out!",opponent.pbThis))
@battle.pbOnActiveOne(opponent)
return 0
end
end
end
Quote:
# Target's ability becomes Simple.
#SIMPLE
class PokeBattle_Move_063 < PokeBattle_Move_000
if opponent.ability==PBAbilities:IMPLE
return -1
end
opponent.ability=PBAbilities:IMPLE
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} changed {2}'s ability to Simple!",attacker.pbThis,opponent.pbThis))
return 0
end
end
Quote:
# Target's ability becomes Insomnia.
#WORRY SEED
class PokeBattle_Move_064 < PokeBattle_Move_000
if opponent.ability==PBAbilities::INSOMNIA
return -1
end
opponent.ability=PBAbilities::INSOMNIA
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} changed {2}'s ability to Insomnia!",attacker.pbThis,opponent.pbThis))
return 0
end
end
Quote:
# User copes target's types.
#REFLECT TYPE
class PokeBattle_Move_062 < PokeBattle_Move_000
@battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent)
attacker.type1=opponent.type1
attacker.type2=opponent.type2
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} copied the {2}'s {3}!",attacker.pbThis,typename))
return 0
end
end
This effect(Reflect Type) is not completely nice, I do not know in that circumstances it has to fail.

Quote:
"@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} copied the {2}'s {3}!",attacker.pbThis,typename))"
It me does not work, I do not know because.

What is clear is that it works copying the types of the rival. Shiftry copied the types Dark/Flying, and Wing Attack damaged to him neutral.
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:46 AM
p.claydon

is multiple saves possible in this version if not then it would be nice is so how?
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:18 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
is multiple saves possible in this version if not then it would be nice is so how?
It could be possible manually, you could copy the save file to another location such as the desktop and then overwrite the previous save. while your in game and depending on the game u want to start u could switch between them manually.
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM
p.claydon

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:36 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

In Maruno's to-do list, multiple saves is a possible intended feature.
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Multiple saves can easily be done, check around, there are a few scripts already available, just have to change some things, but that's what learning is about, right?!

I will have a look soon if Maruno doesn't see this as an Essential... It's not essential to me as why would I save 2 games?! It's a form of cheating! I don't approve.
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Multiple saves really is not that hard. All you need is the save file function to be dependent on a game variable for it's game save name. For instance for the save system in my game it's set up with all the save commands that are all defining the game save name and calling the name is like this "Game#{$savevariable}.rxdata" The game save number gets changed by the Global variable $savevariable.
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:50 AM
p.claydon

could an in battle form indicator be added (like we have an indicator that shows if we own the pokemon could something similar be added showing we own the form
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Maruno

Quote:
could an in battle form indicator be added (like we have an indicator that shows if we own the pokemon could something similar be added showing we own the form
I think that's too specific; an indicator for whether the species has been owned is enough. After all, things can depend on the number of species owned.

If you want to change it yourself, go to PokeBattle_Battler and edit line 199.
Old May 28th, 2012, 05:44 AM
TheHandle
Beginning Trainer

This might be an awkward request but I am making a Pokemon game that has a very evil corporation. I was wondering, if some could add a function where the player can actually get a 'Game Over' instead of being sent to the last visited Pokemon center.
The game I am creating is more like a role playing game.
if there is already a way to give the player a 'Game Over' tell me to do it.
thank you
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

I thought there is actually a setting called Game Over, within the event, I'm not sure if it works... But if that fails, you could always use the second part of the event (the losing part), to show a game over picture then use, return to title... Other than these, I can't see the answer.
Old May 29th, 2012, 08:58 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Yeah, a Game Over function really wouldn't be too hard to recreate yourself, and it's pretty game-specific so it's not like to make it into an 'Essential' kit.

Other suggestion: Can a Debug option be added to change information on the player? I suppose that would just be the name and gender...
In lack of a save-file converter for the time being, I offered to re-make the save files of my players who have to start over due to save-type updates or other glitches, but I realized I can't practically do this without being able to change the Player info (running the original name command again for some reason deactivates any use of the pokedex, even if the variable is set to true again). It could also be useful for other testing purposes though.
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
Other suggestion: Can a Debug option be added to change information on the player? I suppose that would just be the name and gender...
In lack of a save-file converter for the time being, I offered to re-make the save files of my players who have to start over due to save-type updates or other glitches, but I realized I can't practically do this without being able to change the Player info (running the original name command again for some reason deactivates any use of the pokedex, even if the variable is set to true again). It could also be useful for other testing purposes though.
The player's gender depends on their trainer type, so couldn't be changed separately. However, those debug options will probably get into Essentials at some point.

I did offer to advise on how you could create a save converter, if you remember. There's a way to do it automatically without having to recreate anything from scratch. PM me if you want help.
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM
DarkGrey

When you slide on ice, the camera is always offsetted when you stop sliding. It is a rather jarring effect
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:16 AM
Maruno

That's not a suggestion, that's a bug. It's a known bug at that, so it doesn't need mentioning.
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:11 PM
p.claydon

can i suggest that a pokédex rating system added or is this doable via events already?
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Maruno

Quote:
can i suggest that a pokédex rating system added or is this doable via events already?
You mean, being able to call Prof. Oak and he'll say something based on how many species you've seen/caught? You can already do exactly that in Essentials.
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM
p.claydon

really cool just need to figure out how thank you
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

$Trainer.pokedexOwned and $Trainer.pokedexSeen is what you will need for that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links