Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] Errors in item-giving?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old 3 Days Ago (03:38 PM).

I've been working with Pokemon Essentials lately, and I must say i'm very impressed. I've been able to make a lot of headway ino nly a couple of days, but i've came across a game-crashing error-every time I put in the command Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::INSERT ITEM HERE), I've been met with an error. Specifically when testing with the item Mystic Water, I got this:

Exception: RuntimeErrorMessage: Script error within event 14, map 10 (Nectar Pokemon Center):Exception: NoMethodErrorMessage: (eval):one:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbRecieveItem' for Kernel:Module***Full script:Kernel.pbRecieveItem(
PBItems::MYSTICWATER,1)
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'Interpreter:1606:in `eval):one:in'Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'Interpreter:193:in `update'Interpreter:106:in `loop'Interpreter:198:in `update'Scene_Map:103:in `update'Scene_Map:101:in `loop'Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'Interpreter:193:in `update'Interpreter:106:in `loop'Interpreter:198:in `update'Scene_Map:103:in `update'Scene_Map:101:in `loop'Scene_Map:114:in `update'Scene_Map:68:in `main'

I still have no idea what is causing this error, even after research, looking up similar questions to this one and making several spelling variations from as stated on the Pokemon Essentials wiki. I haven't modified the data of Pokemon essentials besides the maps and events within, and i'm using version 15. Does anyone have any idea on what the problem could be? Even if it's just me making a silly mistake, I would greatly appreciate a response.
PS: Where it says (eval):one, that's really a 1, not one, it's just that I keep getting an Aipom icon whenever I type .
Thanks!
Old 3 Days Ago (03:45 PM).

Nature: Modest
It may just be how you've typed out "Kernel.pbRecieveItem(PBItems::MYSTICWATER,1)"

Try putting the part after "Kernel." on the next line.

Or alternatively you can open up the text box, go to the root folder of your project and run "extendtext.exe" as administrator. This should extend the text box and let you put the whole of the script on one line without any errors.
Old 3 Days Ago (05:22 PM). Edited 1 Day Ago by Folle64.

Nature: Adamant
It's Kernel.pbReceiveItem and not Kernel.pbRecieveItem. I hope this can help you
Old 1 Day Ago (08:34 AM).
Gone Fishin'

Nature: Timid
Odd..., I too just had this issue out of the blue with my v.13. In which all of the item related commands would work in a script, but not work when placed in event commands like this.

Now I fixed it by using a v.14 version of the script(since even an untouched v.13 one was giving me the issue), but since you have a v.15 I'm not sure what to tell you.(though it may be the aformentioned spelling problem in your case)

Demo coming August 20!
Old 1 Day Ago (02:43 PM).

Ah, silly me... t'was indeed the spelling. Thanks for the help and clarification, sorry for the stupid error on my part!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links