The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGod64 View Post
I found another bug here:
I deposited all my Pokemon except Espeon into the PC, and went into the ice cave and saw a Snorunt. I caught it, and it never appeared. Anywhere. It wasn't in my party, nor in the PC.
Any more details? I started a new game, deposited 2 Pokémon, went into Ice Cave, encountered and caught a Smoochum with a Master Ball, and it worked just fine.
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

1-From Cedolan Dept. Store: "The board on the right describes the store layout". There's no event in the board on the right.

2-The "Random Dungeon sign" says that the wild pokémon level are based in my party level, but all wild pokémon levels are 1.

3-The NPC who talks about Strength is saying that the bolder isn't on switch even when this is on switch!

4-The rival event isn't moving.

5-The pokémart has some tileset movimentation problems.

6-The Hiker, the Fisherman and the Beauty starts a single battle and, after, a double battle. It is correct?

7-In dive map I can submerge outside the dive area.

8-I can't return to the player house when variable 1 have a String value. To fix, only set the first variable to 0 in the door event.

Code:
Exception: ArgumentError
Game_Event_:161:in `<'
Game_Event_:161:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Game_Event_:148:in `each'
Game_Event_:148:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Particle_Engine:596:in `refresh'
Game_Event_:20:in `nf_particles_game_map_initialize'
Particle_Engine:591:in `initialize'
Game_Map_:57:in `new'
Game_Map_:57:in `setup'
Game_Map_:56:in `each'
9-Error in the National Park Pavillion teleport coordinates even if I didn't enter in the Bug-Contest. If I enter, I get teleported to the wrong place (in the left building) and, in the end:

Code:
Message: Section119:115:in `pbJudge'No encounters for map 29, so can't judge contest
***Full script:
pbBugContestState.pbStartJudging

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
PokemonBugContest:112:in `each'
PokemonBugContest:112:in `pbJudge'
PokemonBugContest:152:in `pbStartJudging'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1599:in `eval'
Interpreter:1599:in `command_355'
Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Any more details? I started a new game, deposited 2 Pokémon, went into Ice Cave, encountered and caught a Smoochum with a Master Ball, and it worked just fine.
I tried it with Swinub just now with a capture was successful, but it wasn't added.

I tried switching out my Espeon for another single Pokemon, and even multiple Pokemon, but nothing changes.

In the end, after catching about ten Pokémon and experimenting numerous ways, I concluded that simply having the snag machine enabled is the problem. Somehow.

Old October 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
I tried it with Swinub just now with a capture was successful, but it wasn't added.

I tried switching out my Espeon for another single Pokemon, and even multiple Pokemon, but nothing changes.

In the end, after catching about ten Pokémon and experimenting numerous ways, I concluded that simply having the snag machine enabled is the problem. Somehow.
In an older version I fix this problem adding ' && @opponent' in the line 'if pbIsSnagBall?(ball)'
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:51 PM
DarkGrey

You can encounter wild pokemon on sliding ice.
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL . View Post
1-From Cedolan Dept. Store: "The board on the right describes the store layout". There's no event in the board on the right.

2-The "Random Dungeon sign" says that the wild pokémon level are based in my party level, but all wild pokémon levels are 1.

3-The NPC who talks about Strength is saying that the bolder isn't on switch even when this is on switch!

4-The rival event isn't moving.

5-The pokémart has some tileset movimentation problems.

6-The Hiker, the Fisherman and the Beauty starts a single battle and, after, a double battle. It is correct?

7-In dive map I can submerge outside the dive area.

8-I can't return to the player house when variable 1 have a String value. To fix, only set the first variable to 0 in the door event.

Code:
Exception: ArgumentError
Game_Event_:161:in `<'
Game_Event_:161:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Game_Event_:148:in `each'
Game_Event_:148:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Particle_Engine:596:in `refresh'
Game_Event_:20:in `nf_particles_game_map_initialize'
Particle_Engine:591:in `initialize'
Game_Map_:57:in `new'
Game_Map_:57:in `setup'
Game_Map_:56:in `each'
9-Error in the National Park Pavillion teleport coordinates even if I didn't enter in the Bug-Contest. If I enter, I get teleported to the wrong place (in the left building) and, in the end:

Code:
Message: Section119:115:in `pbJudge'No encounters for map 29, so can't judge contest
***Full script:
pbBugContestState.pbStartJudging

PokemonBugContest:112:in `each'
PokemonBugContest:112:in `pbJudge'
PokemonBugContest:152:in `pbStartJudging'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1599:in `eval'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
1. Laziness.

2. The script applies to the wrong map number. Look in the script section PokemonEncounterModifiers and you can fix it yourself.

3. Previously mentioned in this thread, as is the solution.

4. That's very odd behaviour. For some reason, it's because the rival event's Self Switch A is on. I have no idea why that would affect its movement.

5. Movimentation problems, you say? Yes, there's non-existent tiles scattered around the map which behave as impassable tiles. That'll teach me to draw over maps from the old Essentials rather than making new ones from scratch. Also, a couple of minor passability changes in the tileset are needed.

6. Nope. I had it in my head that such a scenario worked the opposite way to how it actually works, and never actually checked.

7. I can't. Where are you diving from, and by what method?

8. The bottom right NPC downstairs (the one with all the messages) accidentally has a condition set, which checks whether Global Variable 1 is 0 or greater.

9. Again, errors made during mapping. The teleport events are easy to fix, and as for the judging error, find the following in the NPC events and fix the red numbers:

Code:
pbBugContestState.pbSetJudgingPoint(30,5,6)
pbBugContestState.pbSetReception(29,30)
pbBugContestState.pbSetContestMap(28)
pbBugContestState.pbSetPokemon(pbGet(1))
pbBugContestState.pbStart(20)
Quote:

Quote:
In an older version I fix this problem adding ' && @opponent' in the line 'if pbIsSnagBall?(ball)'
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGrey View Post
You can encounter wild pokemon on sliding ice.
Noted.
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Ramond Hikari
- Lonely Shooting Star -

Nature: Lonely
Script "Interpreter" line 512 : NoMethod Error Occurred undefined method "unlock" for nil : NilClass

How to fix this? It is likely to pop up at random things... The latest is in the Mining Game

Old October 28th, 2012, 05:34 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
3. Previously mentioned in this thread, as is the solution.

7. I can't. Where are you diving from, and by what method?
3-Oops, I deleted from my list the wrong strenght issue! The right is: You can't pass the boulder through the hole.

7-The problem is that under the rock tiles you put underwater tag. I simply press C key in the screen (attached) point.
Attached Thumbnails
v10error.png‎  
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Maruno

Quote:
3-Oops, I deleted from my list the wrong strenght issue! The right is: You can't pass the boulder through the hole.

7-The problem is that under the rock tiles you put underwater tag. I simply press C key in the screen (attached) point.
3. There's nothing wrong with the boulder-down-hole part. Try it again.

7. Oh, there. I thought you were talking about diving down from the surface. Yes, that's a tileset problem - the rocks which surround the area you're allowed to surf in need to have terrain tag 13 rather than 0.
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:40 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
3. There's nothing wrong with the boulder-down-hole part. Try it again.

7. Oh, there. I thought you were talking about diving down from the surface. Yes, that's a tileset problem - the rocks which surround the area you're allowed to surf in need to have terrain tag 13 rather than 0.
3-I didn't notice, but to replicate this bug you need to put the other boulder over the switch.
Attached Thumbnails
v10bouldererror.png‎  
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Maruno

Quote:
3-I didn't notice, but to replicate this bug you need to put the other boulder over the switch.
That's a by-product of the boulder-on-switch bug. If you fix that, the boulder-down-hole works completely.
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM
randomguy2476
Unhatched Egg

I tried as hard as I could to use the search function for anything about the move payday in here, but i didn't see anything.

The problem I'm having is with the move Payday, specifically on Meowth if it makes a difference. I have not changed anything with the scripts other the correctons from this very thread. My meowth just learned payday, and it works in battle well enough, but at the end of the battle I get the message: "playername picked up $!"
and the game simply crashes. It happens every time I have tried so far.

I'm a little confused. If this happens every time to everyone someone must have reported it by now right? and if it doesn't happen to everyone what could be happening? I haven't changed anything outside of some script corections from this thread. Nothing on my own.
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy2476 View Post
I tried as hard as I could to use the search function for anything about the move payday in here, but i didn't see anything.

The problem I'm having is with the move Payday, specifically on Meowth if it makes a difference. I have not changed anything with the scripts other the correctons from this very thread. My meowth just learned payday, and it works in battle well enough, but at the end of the battle I get the message: "playername picked up $!"
and the game simply crashes. It happens every time I have tried so far.

I'm a little confused. If this happens every time to everyone someone must have reported it by now right? and if it doesn't happen to everyone what could be happening? I haven't changed anything outside of some script corections from this thread. Nothing on my own.
Pay Day used to give an incorrect amount of money (but still worked), but that was fixed in v10. For the time being it's still mentioned on this wiki page.

I've just tried Pay Day myself, and it works fine. I can only think that your modifications (which means this question doesn't belong in this thread!) were wrong. Here's what the code should look like (PokeBattle_Battle, line 835):

Code:
        if @internalbattle && @moneygained>0
          pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} picked up ${2}!",self.pbPlayer.name,@moneygained))      
          self.pbPlayer.money+=@moneygained
        end
Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
steelix342
Unhatched Egg

whenever i try to start it, it comes up with "cakerefresher" and once that goes away i get an error saying

---------------------------
Oops!
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named "Crash_2012-11-03_100046" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!
OK

in the folder it mentions it says
Unity Player [version: Unity 3.5.5f3_249be5b9299d]
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe at 0023:004eb78f.
Error occurred at 2012-11-03_100056.
C:\Users\matthew\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe, run by matthew.
86% memory in use.
3949 MB physical memory [522 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [2203 MB free].
Write to location 00000008 caused an access violation.
Context:
EDI: 0x0eebc85d ESI: 0x00000008 EAX: 0x00000008
EBX: 0x02cc6384 ECX: 0x0018f354 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x004eb78f EBP: 0x0018f2a4 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00210202 ESP: 0x0018f2a4 SegSs: 0x0000002b
Bytes at CS:EIP:
89 10 8b 49 04 89 48 04 5d c2 08 00 cc cc cc cc

and a whole bunch of other numbers and letters that would take up too much room. please help!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:50 AM
the__end
Pixel Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelix342 View Post
whenever i try to start it, it comes up with "cakerefresher" and once that goes away i get an error saying

Oops!
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named "Crash_2012-11-03_100046" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!
OK

in the folder it mentions it says
Unity Player [version: Unity 3.5.5f3_249be5b9299d]
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe at 0023:004eb78f.
Error occurred at 2012-11-03_100056.
C:\Users\matthew\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe, run by matthew.
86% memory in use.
3949 MB physical memory [522 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [2203 MB free].
Write to location 00000008 caused an access violation.
Context:
EDI: 0x0eebc85d ESI: 0x00000008 EAX: 0x00000008
EBX: 0x02cc6384 ECX: 0x0018f354 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x004eb78f EBP: 0x0018f2a4 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00210202 ESP: 0x0018f2a4 SegSs: 0x0000002b
Bytes at CS:EIP:
89 10 8b 49 04 89 48 04 5d c2 08 00 cc cc cc cc

and a whole bunch of other numbers and letters that would take up too much room. please help!
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe has nothing to do with essentials... <.<
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
randomguy2476
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Pay Day used to give an incorrect amount of money (but still worked), but that was fixed in v10. For the time being it's still mentioned on this wiki page.

I've just tried Pay Day myself, and it works fine. I can only think that your modifications (which means this question doesn't belong in this thread!) were wrong. Here's what the code should look like (PokeBattle_Battle, line 835):

Code:
        if @internalbattle && @moneygained>0
          pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} picked up ${2}!",self.pbPlayer.name,@moneygained))      
          self.pbPlayer.money+=@moneygained
        end

Thanks for the response maruno, but I'm still having a problem. when I open PokeBattle_Battle and go to line 835 like you said, I don't see anything even related to payday. It's part of some code to deal with draws and losses. My line 835 and below looks like this:

if @opponent
if @opponent.is_a?(Array)
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("Player lost against {1} and {2}!",@opponent[0].fullname,@opponent[1].fullname))
else
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("Player lost against\r\n{1}!",@opponent.fullname))
end
if moneylost>0
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} paid ${2}\r\nas the prize money...",self.pbPlayer.name,moneylost))
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("..."))
end
else
if moneylost>0
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} panicked and lost\r\n${2}...",self.pbPlayer.name,moneylost))
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("..."))
end
end

any ideas?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy2476 View Post
any ideas?
I suggest you stop asking off-topic questions in this thread, then. "Unmodified version 10". My directions are accurate for version 10.

But (equally) seriously, try looking up 20 lines in the scripts. Or search for some key words that appear in the code I gave you (like "picked up"). Use your imagination.
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Kaikai
Togepi

whenever I try to go into a double battle the game (with two seperate trainers, imu gomen.) bugs up with an error containing one of the trainer's victory messages and something called "itemRecycle" or something. I don't remember this happening in the older versions..

Last edited by Kaikai; November 4th, 2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: needed a little more detail.
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikai View Post
whenever I try to go into a double battle the game (with two seperate trainers, imu gomen.) bugs up with an error containing one of the trainer's victory messages and something called "itemRecycle" or something. I don't remember this happening in the older versions..
I don't remember this happening with version 10, which is what this thread is for. If you've found something wrong by doing anything other than downloading the latest version and playing it, it doesn't belong in this thread.

You are of course sensible enough to start a new game, rather than trying to use an old save file in a new version. Everyone is that sensible. Well, they should be.
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Kaikai
Togepi

it doesn't change, no matter how many new games you make. and this is in version 10.
I didn't change the maps at all..
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

1-The camper Jeff phrase "Shall we exchange numbers, so we can have a rematch?" has a symbol error.

2-I don't know if you consider this a bug, but the picknicker Susie had some spacement in her phrases.

3-If I have only one phone register and it's Oak, the Pokégear says: "\PN's house" on location. Anyway, the right isn't Oak lab?

4-You forget to, in PokemonMap, change the line '@startTime=Time.now' to '@startTime=pbGetTimeNow'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGrey View Post
Battle Tower seems much improved at first glance(as it now returns your pokemon it borrowed yay), but "Rest" still glitches. You are allowed to rest, then it saves your game. But upon restarting the save and returning, the game crashes. Restarting again after that takes you back to the game where the NPC tells you you didn't save and you can't continue where you left off (the point of the "Rest" option).
In NPCs receptionists events on lobby, on second page, after the command "Wait: 8 frame(s)", add the command "Change Transparent Flag: Normal". In Battle Room Event, in the first "Else" of the event, delete the commands "Set move Route (Opponent)" and "Set move Route (Player)" and place a "Set move Route (Player)" only with a "Turn Up". Maruno, please do this fix on the next Essentials.
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Maruno

Kaikai, that was a bug in version 8 which was fixed in version 9. It has not been mentioned since. I've tried it myself in version 10 and there's no problem. I can only think you're not doing it right.

Quote:
1-The camper Jeff phrase "Shall we exchange numbers, so we can have a rematch?" has a symbol error.

2-I don't know if you consider this a bug, but the picknicker Susie had some spacement in her phrases.

3-If I have only one phone register and it's Oak, the Pokégear says: "\PN's house" on location. Anyway, the right isn't Oak lab?

4-You forget to, in PokemonMap, change the line '@startTime=Time.now' to '@startTime=pbGetTimeNow'.

In NPCs receptionists events on lobby, on second page, after the command "Wait: 8 frame(s)", add the command "Change Transparent Flag: Normal". In Battle Room Event, in the first "Else" of the event, delete the commands "Set move Route (Opponent)" and "Set move Route (Player)" and place a "Set move Route (Player)" only with a "Turn Up". Maruno, please do this fix on the next Essentials.
1. What symbol? I can't see anything wrong there.

2. I have a habit of putting double spaces between sentences. I've done it pretty much consistently, I think.

3. Yes, the registering script for Oak uses the wrong map ID number (3 instead of 4). It does use the player's name rather than show "\PN", though.

4. That time is only used to show when you started playing in the Trainer Card. I left it on purpose because I thought this should be the real world time rather than whatever fancy alternate time system the game uses. On a similar note, the amount of time played is also real world hours/minutes.

5. I've fixed the move routes for all Battle Frontier challenges. Thanks for actually providing information about that, as opposed to DarkGrey's "it crashes".
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Kaikai
Togepi

well first I walk inbetween two seperate trainers, then the bug comes from event 13 as both of them come towards me.
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:16 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
1. What symbol? I can't see anything wrong there.

2. I have a habit of putting double spaces between sentences. I've done it pretty much consistently, I think.

3. Yes, the registering script for Oak uses the wrong map ID number (3 instead of 4). It does use the player's name rather than show "\PN", though.

4. That time is only used to show when you started playing in the Trainer Card. I left it on purpose because I thought this should be the real world time rather than whatever fancy alternate time system the game uses. On a similar note, the amount of time played is also real world hours/minutes.

5. I've fixed the move routes for all Battle Frontier challenges. Thanks for actually providing information about that, as opposed to DarkGrey's "it crashes".
1-Attached

3-Play time is a different case, it exists even in RBY.

5-I only looked on it because of DarkGrey's post. Battle Frontier is relatively complex for normal developers. Of corse, it's better if the dev, at least, post error messages.
Attached Thumbnails
shallsymbol.png‎  
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM
evulpsyduck
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
I keep getting this error:

Exception: SystemStackError

SpriteResizerin `width'

Game_Map_:303:in `in_range?'

Game_Map_:335:in `update'

Game_Map_:334:in `each'

Game_Map_:334:in `update'

Scene_Map:37:in `updateMaps'

Scene_Map:36:in `each'

Scene_Map:36:in `updateMaps'

Scene_Map:84:in `miniupdate'

Scene_Map:83:in `loop'

This occurs after the first cutscene and after player has choosen a pokemon and leaves the lab.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here