The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Landorus
Nope. Chuck Testa.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOR(es)LAX View Post
I don't know, I read from many sources that say its going to be on the DS, I really hope that its on the DS because I don't want to spend a few 100 bucks just on a 3DS.
It IS on the DS. It's just 3DS compatible like every single other DS game.

BIG PROOF BELOW
Spoiler:
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post

BIG PROOF BELOW
Spoiler:
Good god.... they're.. beautiful

I'm glad, for the most part that it'll be on DS. I just got back into Pokemon, and thus have only owned my DSi a few months ago.
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

There will probably be 3DS enhanced features like there were before with the DSi.
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
I wasn't surprised that it was going to be for Nintendo DS, as I assumed it was going to be Pokémon Gray, turned out to be two sequels to Black/White. Now I wish it was a 3DS exclusive, 'cause they could've used 3D models, but I assume that will be left for generation 6, more than likely.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Tachikaze
九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind

Nature: Adamant
I would have rathered it be a 3DS exclusive. Sure it's "3ds compatible" but compatibilty with a next gen console and actually being FOR a next gen console are two completely different things. It'll be awfully hard to do all these amazing thing Nintendo has promised on a DSi.
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Landorus
Nope. Chuck Testa.

The reason that they are for the DS and not 3DS is because Black and White were already pretty far in development when Gamefreak received the 3DS Dev kit used to make games for the 3DS.

Sure, they could have made B2/W2 completely from scratch, but that probably would have added at least a year onto the release date for very minor differences.
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:37 PM
pokehearts
I like trains.

I was looking at the Pokemon Black and White 2 official website and I stumbled across something peculiar. I was looking at the bottom and I saw one number and two letters in the English language, 3DS. Does this mean that Pokemon Black and White 2 are coming out for the 3DS?

There's a screenshot in the attachments taken from the website.
Also, Here's the link to the official website. Go to the bottom of the page and look at the right corner:http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 5.27.46 PM.png‎ (8.0 KB, 3 views)

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity

Last edited by pokehearts; February 26th, 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: I did the attachments wrong, I fixed them.
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokehearts View Post
I was looking at the Pokemon Black and White 2 official website and I stumbled across something peculiar. I was looking at the bottom and I saw one number and two letters in the English language, 3DS. Does this mean that Pokemon Black and White 2 are coming out for the 3DS?

There's a screenshot in the attachments taken from the website.
Also, Here's the link to the official website. Go to the bottom of the page and look at the right corner:http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/
Well people are saying it officially isn't (afaik I think that's right) so I merged with Platform Discussion so you can discuss how you feel about it.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Marilynasol
Mime Jr.

Please read the official announcement on Pokemon.com. Just click on the preview and it should lead you to a page with brief, useless information on the new games.

Quote:
Pokémon fans, get excited for two incredible new adventures! Announcing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, coming soon for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.
The games are being released for the Nintendo DS. There aren't going to be any extra features if played on the 3DS; if played on the 3DS it would only be taking advantage of the system's backwards compatibility.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Cazzef
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Brave
I felt down when I read that the games where for the Nintendo DS and not 3DS, but I sort of expected it anyway, I just can't wait for a mainstream Pokemon game on 3DS, they could do loads of things to suprise us with 3D I imagine... But hey, I have a feeling these 'sequels' will be much greater than their predecessor.

Old February 26th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
The reason that they are for the DS and not 3DS is because Black and White were already pretty far in development when Gamefreak received the 3DS Dev kit used to make games for the 3DS.

Sure, they could have made B2/W2 completely from scratch, but that probably would have added at least a year onto the release date for very minor differences.
Depends on how they're doing it. It's not necessarily hard to port a DS game to the 3DS, and for all we know, they've probably been porting the engine simultaneously inside GameFreak. They'd have to retexture a lot of things (which isn't hard to do) and some code would need to be changed as well.

Still up in the clouds as to how minor the differences in these games are.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:26 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would have rather it be on 3DS only because then Nica would have to get one >:) I feel that the DS is in the past now and they should just move forward to 3DS only. I'm not sure if the 3D enhancements will be just some fancy graphics on Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City or a full blown battle revamp like Colosseum. I'll be happy with either though.
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
The Author
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I would have rather it be on 3DS only because then Nica would have to get one
C'mon, let's be nice to Nica.
Personally, I think it should be on the DS because that's what B/W were on. I could see them doing R/S remakes on the 3DS, but not B2/W2.
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links