The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar

Summary:
Recently transferred to Yomiyama Kita Middle School, Kouichi Sakakibara gets the feeling something isn't quite right with his class, who all seem to be afraid of something. He finds himself attracted to the strange yet beautiful Mei Misaki, but his efforts to get closer only confound things further. Then there is a horrible accident… What on earth is happening in this place?

Air date: January 9th, 2012
End Date: March 26th 2012
Episodes: 12 episodes
Specials: Ova 1

This is another new anime show that came out for Winter 2012! What do you guys think about this new horror type anime show? This is personally my favorite anime series that had came out in 2012.

Last edited by AshPikastar; May 23rd, 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Updating episodes list
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
-Lapras-
ha ha, charade you are

Nature: Gentle
I think i set my expectations a little high for this one, it's been ok but not great. The creepy seems as forced as hell to me.

MALDLTMS0FITBAWBADTASTE
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

I was never really into horror type Anime shows but this one just seemed to catch on to me. Episode 3 just came out today and it was great! It explained a bit more about what's going on.
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:30 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

I think the atmosphere and plot thus far are great, and it's probably one of the best shows this season for sure. The mystery surround Misaki - and the whole city for that matter is one I'm genuinely interested in finding out the solution for, and I have some theories of my own.

Regarding episode 3:
Spoiler:
That death was definitely sudden. I wasn't expecting it at all. If the reason leads me to believe one thing, though, it's that class 3 can probably see Misaki. I wonder if she's a ghost, or if she's just a girl who had the "curse" of the town placed on her and is just ignored.

Plus she was really pretty without her eyepatch.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old January 24th, 2012, 03:42 AM
-Lapras-
ha ha, charade you are

Ok, episode 3 changed my opinion a bit as I actually really enjoyed it.
Spoiler:
Bit sad it was Poorfag-chan to die first as I quite liked her. Also suiseiseki heterochromia desu.

MALDLTMS0FITBAWBADTASTE
Old January 24th, 2012, 04:47 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallelzero View Post
Regarding episode 3:
Spoiler:
That death was definitely sudden. I wasn't expecting it at all. If the reason leads me to believe one thing, though, it's that class 3 can probably see Misaki. I wonder if she's a ghost, or if she's just a girl who had the "curse" of the town placed on her and is just ignored.

Plus she was really pretty without her eyepatch.
Spoiler:
I knew a death was coming since I've been reading the manga but I didn't suspect it to be in this episode. I was sad that they killed one of my favorite characters in the episode but Kouichi was annoying me whenever he kept on asking the same question over and over again. I'm still a little bit confused if Misaki a ghost or is still alive. The manga explained a little bit of it but not fully. Hopefully they'll explain more in chapter 11 when it comes out.
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

I haven't read the manga and I was recommended this a week or two ago by MAL, and am glad to find there's a thread here to discuss it! I don't watch a lot of anime, so maybe I'm not the best judge of how good it is, but I was immediately interested as soon as it began (the art in the first episode, the script, and the mystery elements that the came about so early on), and the latest episode is definitely going to keep me going. Oh goodness, I really do love shows that leave you asking questions about what's going on. There are so many questions I want answered, and I really don't like having to wait! So much speculation on in what could or couldn't be going on. I'm really interested to find out more about Mei.

Episode 3 Reaction / Speculation:

Spoiler:
I cannot express how much I'm upset over Yukari dying. She was my third favorite character, next to Mei and Sakakibara (could he have a more complicated name XD?), and I found her voice to be incredibly soothing. Her death happening there with Mei around made me think that maybe it's because she was there, and perhaps she wouldn't have ended up dying. I have a speculation or two about her, but the only notable one is that she could have been the one who died 26 years ago and she's trapped in a cycle for the 9th grade class 3. I think that they all may be able to see her, despite her suggesting that only he can see her, but they've chosen to ignore her as they view her as an omen and when they acknowledge her, bad things happen. Perhaps Yukari reacted the way she did because of Mei, and not seeing Sakakibara like I originally thought when I first saw it, and because of that reaction, the omen occurred. Unfortunately, before I saw the episode, I came to this thread and opened a spoiler, so I was expecting someone to die, and when the music started getting the way it got, I knew that that was going to happen then.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; January 27th, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old January 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM
TwiDragon
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
I put this anime on my "to watch list". I never really watch anime as the episodes are coming out, as I like to marathon run

I'll probably get to it by summer :x
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Well, I do need something to lift my "Anime-Depressed-State" which occurs after finishing a dear anime to me, so from what you guys say, I feel like I wanna watch it. I hope it can lift my depression :\ seems interesting though. Whenever there is death and cruelty, I am in!
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
After seeing this thread I decided to go ahead and watch this, and well, it's a very interesting series isn't it?

Spoiler:
I saw Yukari's death coming due to reading the spoilers in this thread, but ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. She was so nice, poor girl. ;.;

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

Spoiler:
I saw Yukari's death coming due to reading the spoilers in this thread, but ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. She was so nice, poor girl. ;.;
Spoiler:
Yes was and was my favorite character besides Teshigawara. I was shipping those two together. I'm excited for episode 4. I wonder if there is going to be another death in the next episode.
Old January 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Scarlet Rhapsody

I began watching this when it first aired and I have to say, its quite interesting so far. Can't wait for episode 4 to air.

Old January 30th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

Does anyone know when episode 4 airs?
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Does anyone know when episode 4 airs?
January 31, 2012. Heres the schedule. (go down the page a bit)

Old January 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

It comes out every Monday and it's up right now actually. I'm going to watch it once I get home.
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:18 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Spoiler:
Note to self: when descending from a rooftop, use the stairs, but certainly not while carrying an umbrella.

Old January 31st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

Spoiler:
I THINK I MAY DROP WATCHING THIS! THEY KEEP KILLING OFF THE CHARACTERS I LIKE!! :(
I'm glad some information was revealed about the curse, and I'm pretty sure that from this point on there's going to most likely be a death in each episode. I suspected someone was going to die in this episode, but I thought it was going to be Reiko - which I would really dislike. But if Izumi dies... :[

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; January 31st, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Spoiler:

I want the bird killed next.

Old January 31st, 2012, 10:41 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Spoiler:

I want the bird killed next.
Spoiler:
Why? Rei-chan? Why? Why?

It honestly sounds like something horrific happened in their house and the bird remembers.

Old January 31st, 2012, 11:11 AM
-Lapras-
ha ha, charade you are

Final Destination: The Animu

Guess I'll force myself not to get attached to characters in this any more.

MALDLTMS0FITBAWBADTASTE
Old January 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I just watched the first four episodes of this after Mew~ pestered me to watch it and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. I probably wouldn't have liked it if I'd watched it from when it first came out because of the sheer amount of unanswered questions. I didn't even know what was going on until the third episode and even now I'm still a bit confused. But I think that's what this shows going for, the confusion and lack of knowing what's going to happen next kind of adds to the fear. Or at least that's how I'm seeing it.

Spoiler:
I was quite shocked about that nurse dying, I was expecting another one of the school kids to go next. It was quite obvious that she was going to die eventually but I wasn't expecting it this early. But if she's gone does this mean that the brother is likely to go next? Or was that just a one off thing with that girl with the glasses?
God I'm terrible with names :(

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old January 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

The only person I'm attached to is Teshigawara now but yeah they are killing off some good characters aren't they?

Spoiler:
I thought it was kind of funny how Teshigawara was getting yelled at by Izumi. His face expressions where priceless in episode 4. Rei death was horrible and here I thought Yukari was bad enough. Kouichi did a nice save back there when he was talking to Reiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post

Spoiler:
I was quite shocked about that nurse dying, I was expecting another one of the school kids to go next. But if she's gone does this mean that the brother is likely to go next? Or was that just a one off thing with that girl with the glasses?
God I'm terrible with names
I would give spoilers since I read the manga but I'll put it in spoiler in case you want to read it.

Spoiler:
From what I can remember correctly, her brother also dies as well because of the event. Now I don't know if that'll be in the Anime like it is in the manga. Some of the episodes are a little bit different from the manga.
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:44 PM
Scarlet Rhapsody

Got around to seeing episode 4 about a half hour ago. All I have to say is this:
Spoiler:
Damn, the nurse died earlier than I thought she would. I was expecting her to die in either episode 5 or 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lapras- View Post
Guess I'll force myself not to get attached to characters in this any more.
Same, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post

Spoiler:
I was quite shocked about that nurse dying, I was expecting another one of the school kids to go next. It was quite obvious that she was going to die eventually but I wasn't expecting it this early. But if she's gone does this mean that the brother is likely to go next? Or was that just a one off thing with that girl with the glasses?
God I'm terrible with names
Spoiler:
Its quite likely that her brother will be the one to die next if they follow that part of the manga.

Old February 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

Spoiler:
Episode 5 was good! I'm very proud of myself that some of my predictions for the curse and what's going on with the students and Mei were right. I was surprised that a new student randomly appears, though. That doesn't make much sense to me.
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Spoiler:
Episode 5 was good! I'm very proud of myself that some of my predictions for the curse and what's going on with the students and Mei were right. I was surprised that a new student randomly appears, though. That doesn't make much sense to me.
Spoiler:
I think it meant that the "extra" student was in the class from the beginning of the school so it's impossible to tell who it is.
Other than that I really liked this episode, I was starting to get a bit confused as to what was going on. I'm glad that it finally filled in a few gaps, even if it was just as confusing. I can't help but wonder why Mei got stuck with being ignored by everyone though.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links