Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:19 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

What was the most memorable event in the game for you? What event did you dislike the most? What event stood out that could have been better? What thing about these events made them so special?

For you creative people out there, give us an event idea of your own that takes place in the game!

*note: When I say event, I mean key occurrences in the game. For instance, after you beat Lenora, Team Plasma steals the Dragonite skull. Another example would be Ghetsis revealing the truth about Team Plasma and his plans at N's Castle. Another example is when Team Plasma steals the little girl's Pokémon on your way to Nacrene City.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:25 AM).
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
Meaby the events of Dragonspiral Tower. It was very interesting to climb up that tower and same time you had feeling "I'm going to see N and his Reshiram." It was pretty cool.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:28 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Beating Ghetsis for the first time was so memorable. His Hydreigon was an absolute pain to deal with.

Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:29 AM).
Forever
let it go

Hmmmmmm when you say event, the thing that most comes to mind is when N reveals he has a castle underground (that's totally an event!). For some reason I feel that it's the most significant event because it shows that N's rising to power, rising to victory, etc, I dunno, it's symbolic. The animation of the lightning and the actual building rising also makes it REALLY stand out for me.

As for the worst, definitely when Plasma kicks Munna. It's boring, it's useless, nobody cares about Munna, and for someone who has played through the start of the game about 20 times to get extra Victini's and can't skip that point, it just sucks. Plus the fact that Munna has to suffer, of course. Oh yeah, and I also kept getting confused by whether Ghetsis was actually there or an illusion. :(
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:30 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Beating Ghetsis for the first time was so memorable. His Hydreigon was an absolute pain to deal with.
That isn't an event or a key occurrence in the game (well I guess it is, since you can't continue on in the game if you don't do it, but you know what I mean!!!).
Old January 22nd, 2012 (04:27 AM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Quote:
For instance, after you beat Lenora, Team Plasma steals the Dragonite skull.
This one in particular, actually, for a few reasons or rather thoughts that came to my head. Such as 'Oh hey Plasma are doing stuff again?', but the thing I like the most is that it was the first clear instance following that of gym leaders doing stuff. (Because the first trio are lazy bums). Certainly something I liked of BW - the gym leaders doing stuff!

I'll agree that the Munna scene was not that great, but also partly because it's a clear example of Plasma doing bad stuff yet wanting to save Pokemon apparently... and the fact there's a lack of examples anywhere showing people not from Plasma not treating Pokemon well.

And a personal moment not plot-related I remember is crossing the first fancy bridge of the game. Both because I was amused by Game Freak showing off their ability to use CAMERA ANGLES, and also admittedly impressed by it. (And the music).
Newest article: Gym Reviews: Hoenn!
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old February 6th, 2012 (07:06 PM).
vizarod
Beginning Trainer

I liked the very end. After you beat Ghetsis and N is going to fly away. It made me tear up XD
Old February 6th, 2012 (07:37 PM).
Hikamaru
save yourself
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Yes Platinum, I have to agree with you on this.

Hydreigon was the reason I hated Ghetsis, his Cohagrigus was also annoying.

I now have my own Hydreigon, but at the time she was a Zweilous.

I felt so sorry for that Munna getting kicked by Team Plasma grunts.
Old February 6th, 2012 (07:55 PM).
Beloved
Fictionally Destructive

Nature: Relaxed
I beat N, and then Ghetsis whipped me like he would N for misbehaving.

Mikiebear
FC: Unknown ATM
Friend Safari Type: Unknown
Pokemon: Unknown
PM if you add me so I can add you. Always looking for friends.
Old February 19th, 2012 (03:53 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
My favorite event was when The Dark Stone turned into Zekrom, it was an epic cutscene. Oh and Getting Zekrom on my first try too :3
Old February 19th, 2012 (04:06 PM).
Ephemeral Euphoria
Death Follows Me

Nature: Quiet
My Excadrill up against N's Klingklang at the time, outsped me and used Focus Blast strangely enough which thankfully missed leading up to my Excadrill using Earthquake on the "Klingklang" only to reveal itself as a Zoroark before dying lol. That and having my Emboar surviving a Surf from Ghetsis's Hydreigon to take out the 3 headed bastard in 1 shot with Hammer Arm right after surviving the near fatal Surf there lol.

Not counting specific moments like that though I'd have to say running into Ghetsis at one of the bridges before heading to Opelucid City and encountering the Shadow Triad for the final time were pretty memorable for me despite them being rather minor plot wise. Oh yeah and fighting Cheren right after I got the final badge was more memorable for me than most of the other battles I had at the time.
Old February 19th, 2012 (04:32 PM).
Bayrock
Dedicated

Nature: Adamant
Well, I'll be the first to admit that I don't much care for the storyline of the Pokémon game series, although I've begun to become fond of the TV series storyline.

Although, my favorite part was when I came across Tornadus. I was quite intrigued by him for some odd reason.
Old February 19th, 2012 (04:37 PM).
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
At the end when N talks to you and says all of those things about how his life was mostly a lie and how he wants me to follow my dreams. I get chills every time and I'm just like "COME BACK N!!!"

Old February 19th, 2012 (04:47 PM).
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
The scene with Bianca and her father at Nimbasa. With the music (which also played during Cheren's rant on Route 5), it was one of the most memorable events in the game.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old February 19th, 2012 (08:44 PM).
Dialgamaster23
Beginning Trainer

Walking across the Sky Arrow Bridge for the first time. I thought to myself how far Pokemon has come in the last decade while going across
Old February 19th, 2012 (09:23 PM).
Tachikaze
九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind

Finally, finally, FINALLY beating Ghetsis after like the fifth try, because his attack missed and I was able to KO Hydreigon with my Haxorus, IIRC. Took long enough. XD
Old February 20th, 2012 (09:31 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
One of the most memorable events for me was seeing N's room that he played in as a kid. The music is was so fitting for the scene, and it was so touching! This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the game.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old February 28th, 2012 (01:35 PM).
Autobot Silverwynde
Automaton Protector

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Raichupacabra:
The scene with Bianca and her father at Nimbasa. With the music (which also played during Cheren's rant on Route 5), it was one of the most memorable events in the game.
This one was just, WOW. It probably hit me harder because of the problems that I was dealing with in my family, but that scene just brought me to tears. I knew how Bianca felt (I had an overprotective mother who never let me leave her sight) and couldn't stop crying. Truly an unforgetable moment.
Quote originally posted by Kaori:
One of the most memorable events for me was seeing N's room that he played in as a kid. The music is was so fitting for the scene, and it was so touching! This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the game.

Another one that gave me a lump in my throat, as it reminded me a lot of my old bedroom and my childhood in general. All I could do was stand in the middle of that room and wipe tears from my eyes. Pokemon Black resonated with me so deeply and it was because of scenes like this.

N's farewell is also one of those unforgettable moments--I understood why he had to leave (I was going through something similar with my own mother at the time) and I knew it was for the best but it still broke my heart.

We've come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should.
Old February 28th, 2012 (01:38 PM).
The Author
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Quote originally posted by Kaori:

That was awesome, whilst creepy.

The whole castle/climax theme really stood out to me. I loved it. Great twist on the usual pattern of E4 then Champion. :cer_smile:
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Old March 10th, 2012 (09:45 PM).
MoreThanLuck
Beginning Trainer

Trying desperately to beat ghetsis and his Hydreigon. Oh lordy that took forever.
Old March 11th, 2012 (06:51 AM).
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote originally posted by Forever:

As for the worst, definitely when Plasma kicks Munna. It's boring, it's useless, nobody cares about Munna
Speak for yourself I love Munna its cute
Old March 11th, 2012 (07:00 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by AshleyKetchum:
Speak for yourself I love Munna its cute
So you'd find that scene in-game as one of the worst because you care so much about Munna...?
Old March 11th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
My favorite event was when The Dark Stone turned into Zekrom, it was an epic cutscene. Oh and Getting Zekrom on my first try too :3
This was my favourite part too, it was so exciting and epic. I had never seen anything that good quality on my DS before as well.
Old March 11th, 2012 (10:44 PM).
Alder
I know every corner of Unova.

Best scene for me was either going across SkyArrow Bridge for the first time or heading up in the Castle towards N, because I had no idea what to expect. I half expected 500 grunt battles so I would be weak once I hit N, but the farther up I went without battles the more nervous I got because it was so final and such. In games with as many battles as Pokemon has, it's really serious when they stop you from battling for a while.

Quote originally posted by Forever:
As for the worst, definitely when Plasma kicks Munna. It's boring, it's useless, nobody cares about Munna, and for someone who has played through the start of the game about 20 times to get extra Victini's and can't skip that point, it just sucks. Plus the fact that Munna has to suffer, of course. Oh yeah, and I also kept getting confused by whether Ghetsis was actually there or an illusion.
Agreed with this, just because they didn't portray the scene very well. I didn't get that it was an illusion until other people explained it to me, lol.

There are two sides to any argument.
Is there one point of view that has all the answers?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links