Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page Pokémon: Legacy of the Dragon Islands [T] [OOC Thread]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old January 22nd, 2012 (09:59 AM). Edited April 11th, 2012 by The warden.
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Nature: Relaxed
Pokémon: Legacy of the Dragon Islands [T] [OOC Thread]
3 spaces open
VM me to apply

note
The following may not be suitable to all ages.
The following is suitable for 13+.

[IC Thread]

Plot

In the sea to the south of Hoenn sit the Dragon Islands. These seven islands are famous through out the Pokémon world for the fact that every species of non legendary dragon type Pokémon can be found on the islands. The islands them selves are covered in lush jungles and open plains due to the tropical climate and are rich in all species of Pokémon. The settlements are mainly towns of a very traditional style but there are a few major tourist cities and trading ports.

Among Pokémon trainers these islands are a popular place to explore so much so that they have their own set of gyms which are recognised by the Hoenn Pokémon league. A great many “dragon masters” have trained on these islands those with the skill necessary to train the hardest type of all Pokémon. So many trainers dream of visiting the islands and returning a “dragon master” but so few get the chance. So when you read of a competition to win a once in a life time trip to the Dragon Islands you enter it.

You of course win but all is not as it seems. There are other forces at work. Locals who despise foreign trainers and of course the legacy of the Dragons themselves.

Slots

Darron Efraim Mcmahon played by miltankRancher - Pichu & Garchomp

Ryu Acosta played by Rafael p - Abra & Haxorus

Jacob Mill played by kitred123 - Seedot & Kingdra

Kinnereth Hawthorne played by Quicksand. - Nidoran(M) & Hydreigon

No longer part of the RP
Spoiler:

Alena Harris played by Breezy.
Andrei Vidic played by drunk ¬_¬
Jade jean Stone played by Star_struck_baka - Togepi & Salamence
Jay Jason Stelar played by Starforce23 - Polywag & Dragonite
Martin Hammer played by The warden (Myself) - Litwick & Flygon

Starter Pokémon

Spoiler:

Pichu Lv 10

Static, Thunder Shock, Volt Tackle, Tail Whip, Charm

Seedot Lv 10

Early Bird, Bide, Harden, Growth, Bullet Seed

Litwick Lv 10

Flash Fire, Ember, Astonish, Smog, Fire Spin

Poliwag Lv 10

Water Absorb, Water Sport, Bubble, Hypnosis, Endeavour

Togepi Lv 10

Serene Grace, Charm, Metronome, Sweet Kiss, Extra Sensory

Nidoran (M) Lv 10

Poison Point, Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Abra Lv 10

Inner Focus, Teleport, Barrier, Psyshock, Facade

Rules

• My word is final, I reserve the right to change the rules or plot of the RP as I deem necessary.
  • The IC thread is for in character posts and descriptions/comments by me only, of you have anything to say out of character please post it here.
  • Activity is a must, I expect at least one post a week.
  • No God-Modding or Bunnying or anything else of that sort.
  • There are seven spots for this RP.
  • I will accept reservations but only for short periods of time.
Game Mechanics

• Fair play is expected in player-v-player battles.
  • If you want to catch a Pokémon you must first request it by filling out a short (no more than 200 words) SU for that Pokémon. I will rate it, the abilities of the Pokémon will depend on the quality of the SU. You may then post a capture post when ever you are ready, which can end with you capturing the Pokémon (no waiting for my next post to tell you if you get it) or even carry on. In my next post I will evaluate your post and let you know the exact level of your Pokémon (yes I will still be rating you so a poor post could mean that Meowth you caught will be five levels lower.)
  • You should follow the instructions I give but otherwise you are free to work within the boundaries that I set.
  • The maximum number of attacks for any Pokémon is six, any time your Pokémon would be able to learn an attack I will offer you the chance to learn it. Also I will tell you when your Pokémon are ready to evolve.
  • Starting equipment: Basically whatever you have packed but no Pokémon goods. Also ten thousand poke-dollars spending money which was included in the prize.
[TRAINER POINTS]

So you may ask what can I do with trainer points? Well her we go.

You can spend your [TRAINER POINTS] by requesting one of these choices In this thread. Once this is done I will leave a message with instructions for you to receive a small reward.

For 1 point:
  • Pot Luck! - Something really interesting will happen but you have no idea what.
For 2 points:
  • A Real Challenge! - Here comes a powerful looking trainer lets battle.
For 3 points:
  • Ooh Shiny! - Something glints up ahead in the road.
  • To Be A Master! - You have been training really hard and it has paid off.
  • Swapsies! - You meet a trainer who wants to trade.
For 4 points:
  • Everything Must Go! - Sell! Sell! Sell!
  • A Rarer Kind! - So very, very rare.

Pokemon Request Sheet

If you want to catch a Pokémon fill one of these in, remember these are short any more than 200 words is more than I am looking for.

Species: (Must not be a legendary, and not dragon type)

Nickname: (optional)

Appearance:

Personality:

Requested moves: You may request a move from the egg or TM move sets for your Pokémon. I will only grant this if you do a good request and even then not on every Pokémon you ask, a good player can expect a move this way every third Pokémon or so.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (09:55 PM). Edited January 22nd, 2012 by miltankRancher.
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Can I be reserved of a spot with Pichu? Thanks!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 22nd, 2012 (11:51 PM).
I'm back!

Pichu is reserved for miltankRancher. Do you know which dragon you want too? I can reserve dragons as well.
Old January 23rd, 2012 (12:30 AM). Edited January 23rd, 2012 by miltankRancher.

don't mind it. I have finished my SU. hope it is well up to your standards.

Name: Darron Efraim Mcmahon, commonly called Darron.

Starter: Pichu, Male

Dragon: Garchomp

Appearance: Darron is short for his age, standing at a height of 5’4” to 5’4.5”. His thin built reminds people of a severely sick guy, despite telling them that Darron is an extreme gourmet. His green eyes, however, were partly hidden behind the lens of a reading glass. The eyes kind of resembles the kind of green moss possess. His thick charcoal-colored hair is very short, and usually neat due to the amount of combing Darron do to it. His skin is light-colored.

Darron’s choice of wardrobe is very random. He had no particular liking to any type of clothing. Hoodies, T-Shirts, polos; as long as it fits him, he is perfectly fine for it. However, Darron has an unhealthy affinity to colors, especially the color blue. Because of this, his wardrobe is composed mainly of blue.

Personality: Darron is a glutton at heart. He loves to eat, and he is the best when it comes to eating. He has no particular favorite, but he has recently quite taken a liking to seafood, especially shrimps. He never rejects the offer to be treated on the newly opened restaurant. His philosophy in life is “I must eat it, or else it’s no food.” Despite of this, he still remains short and thin as ever.

Darron, in a group, is the life of the party. He is always ready to mingle with other people. He loves making new friends and such. He has this permanent grin to his face, which reminds people of a walrus or a dolphin, whichever is more appropriate. He had never been in a serious relationship before, but many girls his age had taken quite a liking to him, mainly because of his green eyes and amiable personality.

When alone, Darron could be seen reading a book. He is a pretty curious guy his age, and that is still an understatement. He loves new knowledge, thereby resulting to a very wide plethora of information and such. In a debate, Darron could hold on his own. His logical reasoning is not flawed. When one person can have a debate with him, he is sure to have a debate that well-deserved a record. Darron is a wise man, for his age.

However, Darron is not without flaws. Due to being raised by his grandmother, he never had the chance to know his parents. A small family talk is too hard for Darron, and thereby tries to avoid it anytime. Filial concerns is not Darron’s thing; it makes him low and such, seeing other kids growing happily with their parents. He envies a lot, especially when people are talking of parents.

History: Darron Efraim Mcmahon is a misnomer. He was born as Darron Efraim Wilkins Gould. The last two names were the last names of his parents. However, when his family broke down due to his father’s cheating practices, Darron took the maiden name of his grandmother, the only person to stay with Darron during the trial. His mother and father broke up, without any sign of retrieving Darron from his grandmother. Darron felt angry to her parents at first, but he realized he does not care anymore. They don’t care for him, so why should he? He was happy living with his grandmother, supported by the donations of the Pokémon Trainers to the day-care run by his grandmother, just east of their home on Verdanturf Town. At the age of fifteen, old enough to start a journey, his grandmother gave him a pokemon to encourage Darron start a journey of his own. Darron, however, has other plans. He gave the Pokemon back, saying he does not need it. Not at that moment. He stayed with his grandmother, helping her with the errands of day-care. This signifies Darron’s gratitude for her.

Character Intro: Darron’s grandmother was the first one to find out about the contest. She knew that this was the break her grandson is waiting for. However, it appeared that Darron does not want to leave the daycare, and the knowledge he is receiving from the Pokémon around him, dismissing the idea as “absurd and such”. His grandmother does not want to hear a single word of it. She convinced Darron to enter, in which the latter reluctantly agreed to, knowing that there is absolutely no chance of him winning.

However, when the results came out, and Darron found out he was among the chosen few, he was shocked at first, whereas his grandmother was literally prancing in joy. He was astounded, and kept asking himself “What are the chances?” His grandmother is so proud of him. “You will be a man, at last!” Darron has no choice but to enter and receive his prize.

When he arrived at the Slateport city, he immediately boarded the ferry to take him to the Dragon Islands. He was not yet sure who the other winners are, but he is sure they are going to meet one way or another. Darron still couldn’t believe his luck. The idea warmed up to him en route to Dragon Islands.

“This experience may be fun after all,” he said, his jacket carelessy draped across his shoulders, the cool see breeze blowing his charcoal black hair.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 23rd, 2012 (01:56 AM).
I'm back!

Good work. Just one major problem and this is my fault (and I guarantee that I will make a mistake like this every time I make a roleplay.) I should have put in the inital post that you will get your starter when you arrive in the Dragon Islands. In other words you can't already have Pichu. Darron's grandmother could have given him another Pokemon in the past but you can't take it with you. Sorry if this messes up your ideas too much I'll edit the first post so that other people won't fall into the same trap.
Old January 23rd, 2012 (02:08 AM).

Quote originally posted by The warden:
Good work. Just one major problem and this is my fault (and I guarantee that I will make a mistake like this every time I make a roleplay.) I should have put in the inital post that you will get your starter when you arrive in the Dragon Islands. In other words you can't already have Pichu. Darron's grandmother could have given him another Pokemon in the past but you can't take it with you. Sorry if this messes up your ideas too much I'll edit the first post so that other people won't fall into the same trap.
that's just fine. i will go and edit my post now.

there, I have finished.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 23rd, 2012 (02:14 AM).
I'm back!

That's fine you are accepted will get to maken the necessary changes soon
Old January 23rd, 2012 (09:53 PM).
I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh

Nature: Gentle
I would like to reserve Litwick and Flygon please Also, should we do partial SU's for the pokemon we first recieve?
Old January 24th, 2012 (12:39 AM).
I'm back!

No you only have to do that for Pokemon you want to catch later on.
Old January 31st, 2012 (04:18 PM).
cosmic castaway

Nature: Brave
Could I please reserve the male Nidoran? I will have an SU up soon.

White FC: 0948 6849 1430
Platinum FC: 0046 7494 7185
tumblr.
Old February 1st, 2012 (09:21 AM). Edited February 2nd, 2012 by Star_struck_baka.

Nature: Bold
may i reserve Togepi ??? and for dragons salamence :3
i'll finish this soon

also im new to this site but not to roleplaying so please if i do somthing wrong just tell me :3

Name: Jade jean Stone

Starter: female togepi lvl 10

Serene Grace, Charm, Metronome, Sweet Kiss, Extra Sensory

Dragon: salamence

Appearance: Jade maybe 17 but with her short height people tend to think she is a overly developed 12 year old. Which would be falso. Standing at 4'8" she is incredibly short. She hast long black hair that she keeps in low pigtails that eng just below her chest. She has Bright green eyes and a milky white skin complextion. Her body is well pa-portioned. By most standards she is considered petite.

When she dresses this girl uses a killer sense of style. Her every day clothes being a poofy black skirt with black leggings, and pair of black combat boots, a baggy black and white long sleeved striped shirt with a black belt she uses to hold her pokeballs. Her formal wear which she always carries on her is a small black dress. she does wear a little make up but its only eyes liner. She has a gothic demeanor

Personality: She is shy. You wouldn't know it by first impression because she just acts cold but honestly she doesn't know how to talk to people. She can be reckless and daring as well. Never thinking before she preforms an action she often gets herself into trouble. She's creative always thinking outside the box.
When angered she becomes hot headed doing anything in her power to vindicate herself.She's competitive she hates loosing but isnt a sore loser. Instead of pouting she'd much rather work on getting better. She's vengefull she never lets you get away with somthing when you've done somthing wrong.
She's fair also if you do her a kindness she'll most definatly repay it to you. She cant help it she has very good morals. She is sweet if she see somone or somthing in trouble she will jump to the rescue. Of course since she spent nearly her whole life inside her house and hardly left her home town she has a lot of fears about the world but she never lets anyone see them because she believe she needs to be string. She can also be childish in the nature when she gets excited its easily noticeable.

History: She is one of a two. She has a twin brother named Agate. Her father's name is Wally and he mothers name is Rosanne. She, like her father suffered from an illness as a child. This illness prevented her from being able to set out on a journey like her brother at age ten. because of this she spend a lot of time at home drawing. She loves to draw especially pokemon. She always has a sketch book on her. When she was sixteen the doctors finally said she was safe and cleared of her illness. After some time building her strength and such she wanted to do somthing new.

Character Intro: Jade picked up her house phone
" yo" she said into the phone
" JADE" Agate screamed " your not gonna beleive what i found out!" he excited twin said into the phone.
" what is it Aggy?" she asked
" there this Contest and you should join. You would love it." said Agate. Jade's interests were now peaked she got the info and imediatly entered the contest.

After several weeks of waiting on news she received a letter in the mail. Nervously she opened it. when she read thru she was extatic. It stated she was one o f the few to win the contest. Happily she told both her parents they nervously talked to her about weather it was safe to go for her. She convinced them she would be fine and started packing her things happily finally her dream could be accomplished finally she could see the world.

Jade stood at the dock. Brother a black haired green eyed boy stood next to her.
" be safe sis! and call me every day" He said wearily as he hugged her close.
" i will i will" she said smiling as she hugged him " shesh your worse then mom and dad" she said looking at him as she smiled and turned to the ferry she walked to ward the ship and entered Handing a man her ticket. she quickly stayed close to the railing facing the dock and waved good by to her brother.
" BYE AGGY! WHEN I COME BAcK I"M GONNA CREAM YA IN BATTLE" she yelled as she waved happily he brother smiled and waved they both waved until they could no longer see each other.
Old February 1st, 2012 (09:46 AM).
I'm back!

Reserving Breezy. and Star_struck_baka.

Going to poke zapdos926 and miltankRancher to see if they are still interested.

With this I will fill in another slot and if no one joins in the next few days I will make NPCs for the last two.
Old February 1st, 2012 (10:32 AM).

thank you i finished my chara

^__^
Old February 1st, 2012 (10:45 AM).
I'm back!

Star_struck_baka, accepted but do please try to keep an eye on your spelling and grammar.
Old February 1st, 2012 (10:52 AM).

yeah i know haha my words out i'll fix it when its operational again
Old February 1st, 2012 (10:32 PM).
cosmic castaway

Here is my SU

Name: Alena Harris

Starter: Nidoran Male

Dragon: Kingdra

Appearance: Alena is neither extremely tall or extremely short, being somewhere in the middle, at roughly 165cm. She has dark brown hair which falls to just below her shoulder blades, which she prefers to keep in a bun or ponytail because of it's length and it's ability to frizz a little when she works with her dad in the humidity of the route outside Fortree City. Her eyes are a deep blue colour and her skin has a slight tan to it from spending most of her time outdoors. Although she really is her father's daughter in personality and likeness, she is the spitting image of her mother, of whom she has never met, passing away when Alena was born.

Alena's appearance and her choice of clothing reflects her personality and her lifestyle. She is often seen wearing plain coloured tanks or tshirts accompanied by khaki coloured shorts that reach only half way down her thighs which have a neat fold at the bottom of the leg with pockets. This is her choice of attire for the field, along with a sturdy pair of hiking boots, which are a dull brown colour with black laces and her lucky backpack, a stachel backpack that is a similar colour to her boots. She does scrub up nicely though when she has to, owning only a few dresses and skirts for special occasions.

Personality: Alena is not really your typical sixteen year old. Whilst she can be the kindest person you will ever meet, willing to do anything and everything for someone if they were in trouble or needed help, she has a stubborn side and will not put aside her beliefs or ideas just to please others. She is fiercely loyal and breaking the trust she has with you will not go down well. She also has a bit of a temper when it comes to people and she can display a lack of patience if she thinks you are not worth her time. Which happens a lot. It's a good thing she is homeschooled.

Her father's job really has affected who she has grown up to be and how she reacts to things. She relates more to Pokemon than she does people, having been around them her whole life. As Martin's job requires them to move around a lot, Alena hasn't really kept any close friends over the years, finding herself in solitude most of the time. She has a passion for Pokemon thanks to her Dad and would like to continue helping him with his research, becoming a professor herself.

History: Alena Harris is the only daughter of Martin and Lydia Harris. As Lydia passed away when Alena was born, Martin was left to raise his daughter on his own. Martin is a research professor, specialising in evolution. In particular, his research revolves around bug type Pokemon. Martin and Alena have moved all over the last few years, as Martin continues to develop break throughs in his work. Their last location was in the Kanto region in Viridian City before making the move back to Mauville in the Hoenn region, where Alena was born.

Alena has had a lot of contact with Pokemon growing up, more than most children do. She has been homeschooled for most of her life, allowing time for Alena to work with her Dad on his research, which has given her a lot of knowledge on the evolution of Pokemon and their habitats. Whilst living in Viridian City, Alena had the chance to attend a Pokemon Academy for a term, which gave her somewhat of a good grounding on training Pokemon. She'd never given thought to the idea of training up until that point, in which she found she really enjoyed the partnership with a Pokemon.

Character Intro:
Spoiler:
Martin Harris' tired eyes stared at the glowing screen. He peered through the lenses of his glasses, trying to focus on the information he was trying to type. It was no good though, he was just too tired from the day's excursions. His Growlithe had stood on his glasses earlier in the day too and they were slightly crooked, which didn't help at all. Sighing, he left the computer and headed for the couch, where even more papers, field notes and textbooks cluttered the coffee table. As he collapsed on the couch, he eyed the unopen boxes which lined wall of the lounge, still taped up from the move. He would have to unpack those at some point tomorrow.

It had been nearly two weeks since they'd moved back to the Hoenn region and it looked like Martin and Alena would be here for good - or, at least, for now. Something always seemed to come up and Martin was forced to move again, taking Alena with him. He was proud of his daughter for who she was and what she had accomplished in her sixteen years of existence. He was also sorry that she had to put up with the constant moving around because of his job. She had never really complained though. It was because he felt such pride for his daughter that he had entered her a competition he had seen advertised a few weeks beforehand. He did it without her knowing but because he had seen her confidence grow from being at the Pokemon academy in Viridian, he knew it was the right decision. It was pure luck that she had actually been picked.

The letter had come earlier on in the day and it lay open on the kitchen table. Alena, at first, could not believe she had even received a letter. No one ever sent her anything. After opening it, Martin had explained everything to her. Alena had been filled with disbelief and then wonder that her father had managed to keep the surprise from her. After all, he was a scatter-brained professor. The competition required that Alena head to Slateport City, which thankfully wasn't far from Mauville and catch a ferry to Dragon Islands. Martin had read a lot of information about the elusive Dragon Islands and was hoping Alena could continue to research for him whilst she was there. He would jump at the chance to visit the islands any day.

~

Two deep blue eyes peered across the ocean, scanning for any sign of their destination. Alena couldn't spot anything remotely close to an island out there and she sighed. The young girl was now forced to wait nearly an hour before the ferry which was taking passengers to the Dragon Islands could depart because her father had insisted she leave way to early. Although she was miffed, Slateport wasn't that bad and Alena knew it could be worse. She could be stuck in a much worse place than this.

As Alena made her way back to the ferry terminal from the beach to wait out the hour, she thought about the events that would take place very soon. Along with the congratulatory letter, there had been a couple of pages of information about the Dragon Islands and what the lucky winners were able to do, such as challenge the league that resided on the island. The most exciting part however, that both Alena and her father had been talking about over and over again, was that winners were going to be given a Pokemon. Their very own Pokemon.

Alena was used to being around the creatures. Her father owned three that lived with them and helped with research, a Growlithe, a Pidgeotto and a Butterfree. Alena loved all three of them but obviously, they weren't her own Pokemon. They had been caught and raised by her father and so were loyal to him and his orders. Alena had never before considered having her own partner Pokemon but since receiving the winning letter, she had been thinking about it more and more and realised that this was what she had been missing.
The ferry terminal wasn't particularly crowded yet and Alena was easily able to find a seat. Dropping her bag at her feet, she sat down and pulled out the information for one more glance over. She was distracted though, thinking about which Pokemon would be available to choose from...

White FC: 0948 6849 1430
Platinum FC: 0046 7494 7185
tumblr.
Old February 2nd, 2012 (03:00 PM).
Ultimate Trainer Red

Hey, can you reserve a spot to Poliwag and Dragonite? Thanks.

Im cool and cute,and I can transform into any Pokemon!
Old February 2nd, 2012 (04:15 PM).

Reserve me for abra and Haxorus please
Old February 2nd, 2012 (10:26 PM). Edited February 3rd, 2012 by drunk ¬_¬.
Inebriated Baby

Nature: Naughty
Can I reserve the last spot with Seedot and Hydreigon? I'll have a SU up shortly.

---
EDIT:
Let me know what you think:
Spoiler:
Name: Andrei Vidic

Starter: [Seedot]

Dragon: [Haxorus]

Appearance:
Andrei is short in stature and thick in frame. He stands at around 5'5", and weighs close to 150 lbs. His hair is black and short, and he has a full beard close in length to his hair. Andrei's eyes are colored grey, and he has a thick, pink scar running from underneath his right ear down to his clavicle. His nose is fat, covered in red veins, and has evidently been broken several times, and his jaw is thick and square.

Although Andrei is closer to chubby than fit, he does have a lot of muscular mass, and has been boxing since his tenth birthday. Wardrobe-wise, Andrei doesn't have an ample selection of clothing. As a matter of fact, most of his clothes are uniforms from jobs he has, or has held before in his hometown of Mauville City. However, when he's not working (or working out), he's usually seen wearing sagging jean shorts, an extra large shirt, his watch, his chain, and a matching hat.
Personality:
As a younger child in Mauville City's Public Elementary, Andrei went from being a Dragon-type fanatic and prospective Pokémon trainer, to being a bully and an underachiever. Throughout his teenage years, he's become a reluctant member of the workforce, although he's become acquainted with the bad crowd of the city. Because of his nightly escapades, and the group activities which ensued, Andrei suffers from major insomnia, which makes him very cranky when tired. He also takes criticism badly and is quick to start a fight, furthermore he has heavy bone complexion; therefore, he is completely confident in his physical strength, as well as his ability to kick someone's ass without relying on Pokémon.
History:
Andrei first joined the workforce when he was thirteen years old. Back then it had become clear to the now teenager that he would never be able to set out on a Pokémon journey, and thus he opted to try and help his single mother bring money back home. His first job was as a bag boy at the local Poké Mart, and he's kept that job since then. It was here however that he met Stu; a shady individual who breeds and trains Shroomish secretly in order to illicitly sell their Spores.

Another one of Andrei's jobs was as part of the restoration crew for New Mauville, although a work accident involving a case full of metallic beams gave him the scar under his ear, and put him out of commission for the remainder of the restoration time. This accident gave Andrei a long time off work, although he disliked it due to the fact that without having anything to do, all he could was think… but he soon found out he didn't like thinking. Now, Andrei reluctantly continues to work mornings at the Poké Mart, and night shifts in the Mauville Game Corner as a bouncer.
Character Intro:
Andrei yawned as he inserted his key into the keyhole of the Poké Mart. The clock inside hit 5:37am, which meant that it was roughly 5:32am he knew, however, he'd need to hurry up and set everything up to open at six. He slid into the building and locked the door before turning on the heater and picking up a mop. He'd done this same routine almost every day for over three years, Andrei realized indifferently as he finished mopping and went to make sure all the merchandise was in its place…

At five-past-six, the jingling of the doorbells sounded, grabbing Andrei's attention. He stared at his manager walk in and shake off the cold before setting off to the back room. Immediately behind him, a young girl close to Andrei's age walked in. "Good morning!" she exclaimed cheerily. "Could I buy two Poké Balls, a Repel, and three Potions, please?"

A trainer. Andrei realized as he began bagging the girl's Pokémon paraphernalia. "Here you go," he said absent-mindedly. He wanted to talk to her at the moment… to ask 'What's it like being a trainer?', or 'How many have you caught?', but the words stuck to his tongue. Shortly after the trainer left, Andrei's boss walked back out of his office. In three swift strides, he was next to Andrei, holding a poster.

The man reached out for Andrei's scratch lottery ticket, and frowned upon inspecting it. "You'll never win these Andrei, you have horrible luck." Then he held the poster out to Andrei and told him to put it up. It took Andrei the whole morning to do it, mostly because he kept lagging on it, but eventually, he realized that the poster wasn't just another generic tournament designed to bring in thousands of trainers from across Hoenn.

Immediately, Andrei filled a sign up sheet in order to enter the competition. The response, however, wasn't so immediate. As a matter of fact, Andrei didn't even remember the competition at the time when he received the notification that he had, in fact, finally won something.

The clock hit 4:37 in the morning when he got back home from the Game Corner. His mom was asleep upstairs, and Andrei stopped by the kitchen to grab a glass of water. As he drank, he noticed a stack of mail on top of the dining table, and proceeded to read what each letter was, stopping only to inspect the one letter to his name. Andrei walked upstairs, failing in his attempts to open the envelope, until he grabbed a pair of scissors to do the job for him.

The letter was sent by the same committee from the Dragon competition, he remembered as he shook his inhaler, put it up to his mouth and took a deep breath. 'Congratulations', he read 'you've been selected as one of the winners to the once in a lifetime trip to Dragon Islands…'

Suddenly a warm, fuzzy feeling enveloped Andrei, and his eyelids became too heavy to keep open, and he was swiftly snoring, sprawled face down on his bed.

~

Andrei arrived at Slateport City walking. Well, earlier he'd had a rental bike, but he had to leave that at the Cycling Road's Rental Garage, so for now, he walked. On him, he had only the basics, toiletries, clothes, snacks, but he didn't come too prepared based on the fact that his boss was kind of a cheap prick. However, as he boarded the ferry to Dragon Islands, he resolved to not bother about that, and just let the salty breeze fill up his lungs, as he headed west. Where his dreams could finally be fulfilled…
Old February 3rd, 2012 (01:49 AM).
I'm back!

@drunk: Good work you are accepted but do keep the "Shroomish Spores" thing to a minimum as I'm not sure it is allowed for a T rated RP.

@Everyone: The RP will begin shortly so I would like everyone signed up before Monday. The main thread will be up soon and it will include instructions for your first post. Those of you who are accepted can start just as soon as it is up. Also I would advise everyone who it joining this RP to subscribe to this thread and the IC thread. The subscribe option is under thread tools, it will notify you of when some one posts in the threads.
Old February 3rd, 2012 (09:31 AM). Edited February 3rd, 2012 by drunk ¬_¬.
Inebriated Baby

Nature: Naughty
Yeah… I don't know why I came up with that, but I can definitely get red of it if you want me to (it's really dumb, but I kinda like it :\)

Actually, I'm just going to go ahead and censor it… no need for it to be so… explicit.

EDIT: Censored. Hope that's better.
Old February 4th, 2012 (08:52 AM). Edited February 6th, 2012 by Starforce23.
Ultimate Trainer Red

Name: Jay Jason Stelar

Starter: Poliwag,Male

Dragon: Dragonite

Appearance: His weight is around '5.6'. Jay has black hair, black T-Shirt, blue jeans, black eyes he has a Yellow bag and a blue Jacket and Black and White shoes.

Personality: Jay don't like the world worry about him too much and like to have friends and catch new Pokemons. He's brave and kind and hate to let he's rivals win, he have a love in Pokemon, and no matter what starter he accepts the Pokemon and love to explore the world, and especially new regions.

History: Jay lives with his two little sister and his mother, he's Dad's an Pokemon researcher who lives in Cinnabar. His first starter was a Charmander, he's dad who give it to him, and he lived all he's years in Kanto, Pallet Town. But he already visited many region such as Johto and Orange Islands and this is his first time Hoeen and when Jay's job's done in Dragon Islands he will decide to explore Hoeen. He was a little bit sad because he can't travel with his Charizard (was a Charmander in start) in Dragon Islands, but he will try his best.

Character Intro: It wasn't Jay's idea to participate in the competition, it was his mother that seen in the newspaper's this competition and who is declared the winner will go to a secret place in Hoeen called Dragon Islands, she knows that Jay loves to explore, so she said to Jay participate in this competition and of course, Jay accepted to explore a whole new region and make new friends.

When Jay have seen the result and he was chosen, he was extremily proud of himself, and he can't believe that he won! He even visited his Dad just to tell him that, but what was he thinking is ''Contests is for girls...I am even a newbie,rookie or whatever is called in Pokemon Contests! '' He prepared his Pokemons.

Jay has finally arrived in Slateport City. He flashed his Dragon Islands ticked, Jay still can't believe he won. And he can't wait to see what starter he got! Since the ship aren't prepared yet, he explored Slateport City for the first time and to train his Pokemons.

Im cool and cute,and I can transform into any Pokemon!
Old February 4th, 2012 (01:04 PM).
I'm back!

@Starforce: Your SU is a little short. I'll keep your reservation until Monday, you have till then to improve it. Look at the accepted SUs if you want to get an idea of what is needed. Also please watch your spelling and grammar.
Old February 4th, 2012 (02:21 PM).

I would just like to say that my name's spelling is wrong in the OP. it is miltankRancher not miltankRanger. Thanks!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 4th, 2012 (02:32 PM). Edited February 6th, 2012 by Rafael p.

Name: Ryu Acosta

Starter: Female Abra

Dragon: Haxorus

Appearance: Ryu has brown hair that is about shoulder length and light skin. He usually wears black pants with a little green on it by the side of it. He wears a blazer that has black and green on it and it is over a white t-shirt. Ryu wears green and black shoes to match everything else. He wears green and black gloves with a white lining on the bottom of them. He wears a necklace that is shaped like a pentagon and changes according to his mood.

Personality: He is an upbeat teenager who may seem simple-minded at times, but is very aware of the importance of his quest to become the strongest trainer on the dragon islands. Ryu is an upbeat person, and although he is simple minded at times, he has a strong sense of justice. Ryu is more confident than before and takes charge of his group. He is also quite caring and reassuring to his friends. Ryu seems to have a remarkable capacity to forgive, even to his sworn enemies. He possesses a strong sense of justice and an unrelenting heart. At times he is impulsive and quick to anger when defending his friends, but he is always sincere about what he says and does.

History: Ryu has lived with his parents since he was born. Then when he was 10 his dad set off for a Pokémon adventure and eventually became undefeated. His dad beat all the gym leaders with ease because he knew their weaknesses. His dad was really cocky unlike Ryu and tried to take on the Pokémon League and lost badly on the first battle. The reason he lost , or so he claimed, was because the elite four cheated and didn’t tell him their weaknesses. His dad came home the next day and was very upset that he lost on the very first round of the Pokémon league. Then came the day Ryu found out he was entered in a competition.

Character Intro:
Ryu was walking to his mailbox and saw a letter saying that he was entered in a competition and suddenly got excited. He unexcitedly walked in the house thinking it was just another scam. “Mom more junk mail is all he said when he walked in the front doors of the house. He went up the stairs and lay down on his bed looking around with his light green eyes trying to blend into the color of his blanket. He laid down on his somewhat big bed and smiled while looking up at the roof.

A few days later he got another letter saying he won and he nearly fainted. He ran into the house and tears almost started falling from his eyes. “M-Mom I won a trip to Dragon islands and it says I have to be at Slateport city by tomorrow afternoon” I smiled and jumped up and down a couple times knowing he won the competition. I looked around and my vision was blurred by his many tears due to the fact that he never won anything before. As tears fell from my face i walked upstairs and wiped the tears off on a red towel in the bathroom of his house. His dad flew him to Slateport the next day and Ryu boarded the ferry to the dragon islands. As soon as he boarded the ferry and started to regret ever leaving home. He ran towards the edge of the ship and looked out and saw a beautiful view. He looked out the back of the ship and saw nothing but sea for a couple hours. Then at the crack of dawn they reached the island that was known as the dragon islands. Ryu was so excited when he stepped off the ferry he almost fell on his face.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon_Trainer_4_by_Emeraldus.png‎ (608.1 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links