The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Advertise here
Hooh54, I'm gonna let this slide, but for future reference, keep stuff revolving points and whatnot that isn't directly related to the topic of the club in VM's.

How did you get hooked on your favorite Hoenn Pokémon?

I wouldn't say I ever got "hooked" on any Pokémon, and most certainly not the third generation, as there were a lot of Pokémon from that generation I didn't like, though I did acquire a fondness of one specific Pokémon. Well obviously Mudkip for those who know me well enough. Long before I ever knew of the existance of the Mudkip memes, I had had an distinct affinity for the little bugger, and I just generally liked the Pokémon more than any other Gen III Pokémon. Treecko was close by, though I can't say I liked it quite as much as I did with Mudkip, and well. IT'S A FREAKING MUDKIP! What's there not to love? The beautiful and colorful design, with its nice patterns and the small detailed additions it has in its design. Not much else to say here, other than Mudkip is just awesome. It'll never beat Pidgey though :p
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I must say, I share this opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I wouldn't say I ever got "hooked" on any Pokémon, and most certainly not the third generation, as there were a lot of Pokémon from that generation I didn't like.
There weren't really any Pokémon that were hugely hooking from this generation, but the majority of the Pokémon from this generation were at least decent so it kinda makes up for it. I think the most hooking were Manectric, Armaldo and Swalot. These are three of my all-time favourite Pokémon so it goes to say that they're pretty hooking! I'm not really sure how I got hooked on them though since this was sooooo long ago... I adored Gulpin from the moment I saw it under cycling road. It was utterly adorable and it seemed super rare, plus I love Poison types, so it was an instant love with Gulpin for me <3 Armaldo and Manectric though kinda grew on me over time so I wouldn't say they were really hooking xD
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Nature: Sassy
Hi, I'd like to join!

Name: Rykerr1
Partner Pokemon: Will the Sceptile
How Active you will be (1-10): 6 or 7, I'll be active as long as there are interesting topics!
If someone recruited you, who was it : Nobody
Why you are joining : Sapphire is my favorite Pokemon game, period. I also love Emerald, but I'm just a huge Kyogre fan. I feel that R/S/E have the best Pokemon overall, and definitely have the best starters IMO. Also I like the female main character/rival in the Hoenn games.

I'll also answer the current topic:

My favorite Hoenn Pokemon is Sceptile (though Kyogre is a close second). Treecko was actually the last starter that I tried, I don't think I even used it until my 3rd or 4th playthrough of Sapphire or Ruby (don't remember which) since I don't really like Bulbasaur or Chikorita and I assumed it would be more of the same. However, when he evolved into Sceptile I was hooked. He looks awesome, has good special attack and speed (since I'm too impatient for defensive Pokemon, this was a plus), and he got leaf blade, which was definitely my favorite 3rd gen move. I also saw some clips of Sceptile from the anime, and he was always awesome there. Plus, I love the color combinations in his shiny form ^.^
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
Hi, I'd like to join!

Name: Rykerr1
Partner Pokemon: Will the Sceptile
How Active you will be (1-10): 6 or 7, I'll be active as long as there are interesting topics!
Why you are joining : Sapphire is my favorite Pokemon game, period. I also love Emerald, but I'm just a huge Kyogre fan. I feel that R/S/E have the best Pokemon overall, and definitely have the best starters IMO. Also I like the female main character/rival in the Hoenn games.
Welcome to the club Rykerr. I hope you'll have fun posting around, and hopefully stay for at least a little while :D

Yeah, the third generation had some extremely good game, and they just really took a step forward with the game mechanics, graphics, etc. and they just gave Pokémon a completely new feeling to it.

Though I disagree that they had the best Pokémon overall, I do think it had a lot of good Pokémon, though alas, also a few bad. Some where just plain ugly, and some just didn't feel like Pokémon, but however those who did were just great. The starters were great, all exceptionally powerful, and all great designs.

Quote:

My favorite Hoenn Pokemon is Sceptile (though Kyogre is a close second). Treecko was actually the last starter that I tried, I don't think I even used it until my 3rd or 4th playthrough of Sapphire or Ruby (don't remember which) since I don't really like Bulbasaur or Chikorita and I assumed it would be more of the same. However, when he evolved into Sceptile I was hooked. He looks awesome, has good special attack and speed (since I'm too impatient for defensive Pokemon, this was a plus), and he got leaf blade, which was definitely my favorite 3rd gen move. I also saw some clips of Sceptile from the anime, and he was always awesome there. Plus, I love the color combinations in his shiny form ^.^
Sceptile is indeed a great Pokémon. I agree that Chikorita at the very least was a bit disappointing as a Pokémon, since it was so hard to get through the game with, especially in the beginning. But yeah, Sceptile was pretty unique with its great speed, and Leaf Blade to be an awesome signature move for it. I agree that Sceptile in the anime had a lot of great moments, and he's one of the Pokémon that I dearly miss.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:38 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:

Nice to see a fellow Sceptile fan on here. Great minds think alike. Leaf Blade was definitely an amazing move, and probably the one that got me through almost all of Sapphire and Emerald. And he does look pretty bad in the anime too. I also like Kyogre a lot, so I guess that's another thing we have in common.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Though I disagree that they had the best Pokémon overall, I do think it had a lot of good Pokémon, though alas, also a few bad. Some where just plain ugly, and some just didn't feel like Pokémon, but however those who did were just great. The starters were great, all exceptionally powerful, and all great designs.
Thanks for the welcome =)

I definitely agree with you that Hoenn had some bad Pokemon (I've never liked Nosepass, and I don't really like the Gen III fossils... also Ludicolo irritates me) but I feel that it has more standouts than most generations. Salamence, Metagross, all 3 starter lines, Flygon, all of the legendaries (especially Kyogre and Rayquaza!), Manectric, Walrein, Altaria... my list goes on. So I feel that the good outweighs the bad. I just wish trainers in other games (like Colosseum) didn't insist on using Ludicolo so much >.< Mirror B, I'm talking to you...

I do think that some of the Hoenn Pokemon deserve evolutions (Mawile, Sableye, or maybe Torkoal?) and it annoys the heck out of me that they chose to give one... to Nosepass -.-

Also just to get a bit off topic for a moment... Olli I love your signature, Escavalier is an awesome Pokemon =P
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:51 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Spoiler:
HOW COULD YOU...GROVYLE...NO...

you disappoint me, son

Actually it's okay - I like Sceptile a bit less than Grovyle though, that's all. It's just that "bag" below it's eyes...makes it look "tired". That's why I like Grovyle more. But to each his own, I guess ^^

Old June 25th, 2012, 04:54 AM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

I don't think its overrated, but its certainly not underrated. Sometimes the amount of water did get annoying (although I ended up liking it). If you're complaining about special/physical attacks being based on type, you must have hated R/B/Y, G/S/C, and FR/LG as well. I don't think you can necessarily blame R/S/E for a game mechanic that was in place from the beginning of the series >.<

If I had to say one generation was underrated, it would definitely be the Sinnoh games. They get a TON of hate, but I really love Platinum ^.^ Once I misplaced Emerald and Ruby (dark days indeed!) I started playing Platinum obsessively >.<

Also Droomph I did try to included Grovyle but...

He's not standing so it didn't really work =P

Last edited by Squirrel; June 25th, 2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Quote deleted :3
Old June 25th, 2012, 08:10 AM
火岩隊
Beginning Trainer

I would like to join ~

Name: 火岩隊 (Call me Sammy or Magma.)

Partner Pokemon: Athena the Gardevoir

How Active you will be (1-10): Around 8.5.

If someone recruited you, who was it : Nobody.

Why you are joining : Hoenn is my favorite region of the Pokemon world and it was the game that got me into the Pokemon series. All the Pokemon are amazing as well, and the gym leaders/teams are actually not that easy in my opinion to beat. Or maybe I'm just bad at Pokemon. Either way, I love R/S/E.

• Courtney • Tabitha • Mack •
• Brodie • Butler • Maxie •
Together, we form
TEAM MAGMA
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Name: Lapras*
Partner Pokemon: Swablu
How Active you will be (1-10): 10
If someone recruited you, who was it : None
Why you are joining : HOENN IS THE BEST
A lot of my favorite Pokemon are from Hoenn (er.. or maybe I just like all of them). Sapphire was my first game.

What do you think the graphics will look like in the remakes of Hoenn ?
They'd probably - unfortunately - do the BW graphics with the moving sprites, since I don't think they'd take a step back when they've apparently taken a step forward in graphics (even though I don't like them myself).

Hoenn starter? Treeko, no second thought. I love the evo line. Torchic's next. I've never actually used Mudkip, not because I don't like it but because I just like the other two better. If they ever do a remake I'd probably pick Mudkip.
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club to both of you. I don't know where Flubb has been lately, but I'll add you to the list right away.

It seems like a lot of people started out with the Hoenn region games, huh? People have been joining in on the franchise at different parts, I know, but it just seems like the first people ever tried out was the third generation games. I was introduced to the fandom at a very young age with Blue, so sometimes it can be hard to imagine that so many people haven't followed it from the start.

Anyways, I think it's time for a new topic to surface.

Team Magma or Team Aqua? Why?
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
Name: Okjoek
Partner Pokemon: My Blaziken, Chicky
How Active you will be (1-10): 7
Why you are joining : Hoenn rocks! Emerald was my first game and it has lots of awesome stuff! Two badass champions. An extreemly difficult battle frontier system. Contests for those who prefer activities outside battling. Wonderful and easy secret base customization. lots of legendary pokemon to hunt down like the weather trio, regi trio, latias, latios, jirachi and deoxys. You can rechallenge loads of trainers including all the gym leaders! I can only hope that an RSE remake for 3ds would be even more epic!
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM
missingno000
Arachnids' Grip

Nature: Relaxed
Name: missingno000
Partner Pokemon: Astrith the Gardevoir
If someone recruited you, who was it: Nobody
Why you are joining: I like Houen.

If only Missingno were properly in Houen… *siigh*
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Krazzikk

Name: Krazzikk
Partner Pokemon: Torchic
How Active you will be (1-10): I guess a 8, I will try to be as active as possible, but something might come up in my life not allowing me to do that.
If someone recruited you, who was it : Nobody!
Why you are joining : Cuz Emerald is obviously the best game, Her Der...

Last edited by Krazzikk; July 14th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't really have a preference because IMO they're essentially the same with different Pokemon that they use and go after. I guess if I had to pick I'd say Aqua, because Sapphire was my first game so I guess I have to lean in that direction.
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Crimsonful
Beginning Trainer

Name: Crimsonful
Partner Pokemon: Blaziken the Blaziken
Why you are joining :Nostalgia Baby, it was my first game, and it contains most of my favourite pokemons!
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Team Aqua, duh~ well actually I prefer neither - they're all bunches of derp bags. Though I like the design of Groudon more, so I'll go ahead and side with Magma

Anyone else, mm?

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:58 PM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

I prefer Team Aqua, mostly because I prefer Kyogre to Groudon. But I also prefer the designs of their uniforms.
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I always loved water types, so I generally tended to side with Aqua over Magma. Also they had pretty awesome admins too.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old July 24th, 2012, 11:04 PM
flubbateios
Woof.

Nature: Docile
I like Magma just because of the uniform and Maxie
*screws up Hoenn*
Maxie: Oh no !

Welcome to the Hoenn Club to anybody who just joined

btw, soo close to 200 posts !
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd choose Team Aqua since I love Water-types better than Fire-types.

Also, I love the Aqua Admins better than Magma's. I mean, Magma had a male admin with a girl's name?

I love Shelly, Matt and Archie much better than Tabitha, Courtney and Maxie.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Possibly a bit biased due to Ruby being the only third generation game I owned, but I'd have to say Magma. I prefer their uniforms a lot over Team Aqua's, as I just feel like they look... cooler. I gotta say I liked Aqua's admins better, but as a leader I prefer Magma, mainly due to his design and all. I also liked their cause better, even though both would lead to terrible outcome's, but I just like the idea of expanding the land more, as it would help connect continents, and make everyone feel less apart in the world, helping with transportation, and possibly leading to less pollution of the sea. But yeah, I just sea it as the cause with the least consequences.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Niether, I like Team Rocket
If I had to choose between the two, I would probably go for Team Aqua mainly because of my love for water type Pokémon. There is also just something about Team Magma's uniform I don't quite like, but I can't really pick out what it is.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
oshawottlover13

Name: oshawottlover13
Partner Pokemon: mud-mud the mudkip. (my pokemon are always named like that lol)
How Active Will I Be: 8 maybe 9
If Someone Recruited You, Who Was It?: no one
Why You Are Joining: i absolutely love gen 3 games. my favorite is sapphire. i love them so much that i could die. haha

i like team agua mostly because they make me think of water (hense the name) plus becasue it was my first game, sapphire, in the hoenn region. i also like their boss, archie.

Last edited by Olli; August 2nd, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner's Avatar
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
☁Blown Away

Name: The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner or preferably TSUITC
Partner Pokemon: Chaos the Groudon
How Active you will be (1-10): 8
Why you are joining : I like LOVE Hoenn. Favorite Region and I have Played all. Really hope they make remakes! Probably because Groudon is my Favorite legendary!!

Topic: As much as this will sound weird her goes: As much as I love water types and always pick the Water type starters no matter what I prefer Team Magma because they rely on Groudon for their plan and Groudon is beast so there ya go but I also like team aqua because I remeber playing emreald and saying to my self right before you fight archie I hate to do this but I have to!

Last edited by The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner; August 6th, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Topic
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here