The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old August 20th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

... Confused.

Spirit was now overjoyed with her regained powers. Yes! Yes! Now I can have all sorts of fun again! She began to spin, spewing soft white snow into the air, and it began to fall softly down to the ground. Soon the small area looked like a taiga area surrounded by... Whatever you'd consider this place.

~

"Informative--...You don't believe all of that, do you? A war between pokemon and humans?"

Kiba sort of nodded. "If you haven't noticed, everything is sort of haywire here, the wild Pokemon are an actual danger. To me it seems entirely believable that Pokemon on this land had fought with humans. They're primal, territorial, and pretty much uncivilized. Even in the other regions, Pokemon are bound to act independently. Take that Entei you captured, for example. Maybe now he's decided to stay around you, but even then he still does what he feels like. And before capture, he could do anything."

He glanced up as Julia began to stand. "Anyway--Don't forget we've got a job to be doing. I can't be relying on you guys to save my butt when it comes time for the final parts of the tournament~" She then... Turned her back to him?

Operation Killjoy Activate Isn't that rather disrespectful? he thought to himself questioningly. Then again, he was extremely lucky to even have her attention, so he wasn't worried about it. He stood up as well, a tad awkwardly leaning around to see her face. "A-are you leaving already...? I think there's more to this show... I mean, this is our job, we were rewarded with tickets, right? I think Chester expects us to be watching this show..." He silently began to wonder, Did Chester prepare backup knowing we'd all be watching this?

~

Mello watched Irek as he spoke. Something about the stars falling into their paws seemed magical to her, causing her eyes to shine and sparkle as if those stars were already in them.

Old August 21st, 2012, 01:57 AM
Quto

-Outer Rim of Lethia – Docks -
As the boat approaches the shore; it pulls into the dock and the sea captain ropes his boat to the dock. Lowering the boarding bridge and stepping off, he points towards the local hotel within the village. "I should mention now, this is village is called 'Standing Grace.' This is your only town on Lethia... I suggest you hit the hotel and head out in the morning, its dangerous out here in the dark... I need to return to my duties." The sea captain returns to the boat as Jimmy glances upon the town. They had a basic Poke Mart, a pokemon center, a hotel and a radio tower that looms over a few still standing buildings.

Heroes Loft

Stepping out from the tent, Jev began dragging Avaith and Mellos bed, following up behind Shadoan as he returns towards the boy's tent. Upon arrival, Chester was standing infront of the tent, giving them both key cards. "Tomorrow, the hotel will open for business and the tents will no longer be of use. From there, I prefer my hired staff to sleep in warm beds for the remaining of the week while we wait for the defense system. It's a simple matter of changing sleeping quarters and your room numbers are marked. goodnight." Walking away from the boys and towards the vendors, he makes his way towards the job booth. As Jev finished returning Avaith and Mello to the tent, Avaith rest his head over the edge of the box, looking at Irek. "How did the show go as you remember? Was it in a larger theater?" Irek chuckled a little as he sat in front of them. "It was within Leviathans Bastion I saw the better one." Before Avaith could ask, Irek held up a paw and paused him a moment. "Were going to the Bastion as soon as we finish work and as soon as you heal."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
The vendor chuckled at Serenade and sat back. "The culture job is here in Heroes Loft girl, you need to talk to Chester. He's the rich one with the red tux and top hat. He's hard to miss. As far as the bounty job goes, all you need to do is perform what the job asks and you'll be paid on the spot afterwards... Speak of the Devil..." Chester was walking towards the job booth with a warm smile. "I hope it wasn't too much trouble moving the caravan here." "None at all!.. By the way, it looks like you have another trainer willing to become your bodyguard..."
Old August 21st, 2012, 07:59 AM
doge
wow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to doge
“Standing Grace, eh?" Seemed like an odd name for a village. Jimmy thanked the captain as he made his way off the boat. Just like his mother had predicted, it was already night by the time he had arrived. From the moonlight, he could make out the silhouettes of random buildings, but the hotel was an obvious sight. Compared to the other buildings in the areas, lights illuminated from various rooms inside. Jimmy felt the odd sensation that he was forgetting something, he looked around the area for clues to what. Right right, he was suppose to get some sort of survival booklet, but from what he saw, the Poke mart was closed for the time being. He sighed, and walked towards the hotel doors.

The hotel doors opened automatically, the lobby room was rather spacious, a few group of trainers spread out among it. As Jimmy stepped in, the trainers inside set their attention on Jimmy, glaring at him viciously as if to intimidate him. He chuckled, putting a hand up as a sign of acknowledgment. Walking over to the receptionist, Jimmy could hear the murmurs and whispers of the other participants. He smiled warmly, the desk receptionist smiled back.

“Unfortunately, all rooms are taken... Unless, if you don’t mind having a roommate.” She kept her eyes locked on her computer, probably looking for his potential roomy.

“Yeah, that’s fine.” He stretched out his arms, and the receptionist slid a key with his room number on it. He made his way towards a staircase and jogged up the flights. Reaching the last floor, Jimmy sighed. “Why the hell did my room have to be all the way up here...” The halls were rather empty, except for the occasional trainer or two that he passed by. The trainers were often followed by a consistent, “What’s up!” or “Hey!” The trainers up here seemed much more pleasant than the one he had seen earlier in the lobby room.

Jimmy came to a stop at the end of the corridor, he couldn’t believe his room was all the way back here. He put his key in, unlocking the door. Walking into his new room, Jimmy noticed various kind of clothes thrown about all over the place, his roommate sure wasn't one for cleaning up... To the right there was a bunk-bed and from the looks of it, his roommate had already occupied the top bunk; it was littered with clothes. To the left, there was a door which Jimmy guessed lead to the bathroom. From behind the door he could hear water running, his roommate was apparently taking a shower or something. He took off his bag, tossing it next to the bed. Jimmy crawled into the lower bunk, yawning. He was pretty exhausted from all the swimming earlier, the excitement of arriving on Lethia finally subsiding. As Jimmy heard the shower head come to a stop, he closed his eyes shut, trying to catch some rest for the new day ahead.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
LightningShy
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to LightningShy
(Sorry guys, I've been dealing with school and such, so I wasn't really online at all.)

Serenade Hawthorne

Serenade's cheeks flushed. Well, I look pretty stupid now huh.. She pondered on how ridiculous she must have seemed to the vendor, especially with Chester walking towards them, and started to over-worry a little bit. Rise nudged her thigh though before she could get too deep into it, and she surfaced back to the conversation at hand.

"None at all!.. By the way, it looks like you have another trainer willing to become your bodyguard..." The vendor said.

"Oh, yeah. I can do anything you need me to." Serenade smiled, and she imagined Rise was too. He was probably dying to actually do something.

Drawing[http://hatehatersmadly.deviantart.com/], and... Reading/watching a ton of Fairy Tail.

Old August 26th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Jack Davis

Echo giggled as Spirit began to fly around and her body spat out snow rather quickly. She picked some up in her claws and formed a ball of it. Giving a smirk Echo quickly threw the ball at Spirit. "Snow ball fight!" She said as she began to form another ball.

Jack was actually starting to feel rather bored. Maybe he just needed something to do? His pokemon were in different areas although Lilith had stuck by him, no doubt trying to cling to something that was familiar to her. He made his way over to the vendor and looked over the jobs. "So, what have you got for me?" He asked.

He noticed that Chester was over here as well and talking to a girl. Huh. Well, from what he heard it sounded like the girl was also going to protect this place as well. No doubt Chester would introduce her to them later on, but for now he wanted a job to get his focus on something.
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:54 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Julia Blackwood - Heroes' LoftLocation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia's expxression abuptly grew rather serious as she watched Kiba. Oh... he was /serious/. He seemed to be completely missing the huge differences between a trainer fighting wild pokemon and a war between humans and Pokemon.And then Kiba got all personal by implying she didn't have control over her pokemon and Julia just sort of... took a moment to absorb that info. How did she even respond to that?

"What are you saying..?"

What was he getting at, what was he talking about. In other words, she didn't understand. She took a moment to relax from her brainstorming.

"...Um, actually I think it's over. They said the next part of the play would be next season."

Julia leaned forward and inspected the stage. It seemed that people were shuffling out, and that the area was being cleared. Well... that seemed to be as good of an indication as they were going to get!
Old August 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Dusk

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Curtains Close

Yipes! Spirit had just barely avoided a hit, by letting the snowball phase right through her body, as it hit a tree behind her. Seeing Echo already forming another, Spirit quickly prepared a counter-attack. She opened her mouth and a flurry of soft (pain-free) snowballs; it was as if she had been hiding some snow-powered chaingun inside!

~

"What are you saying..?"

Kiba paused for a moment, before realizing how cruel he must have sounded. "N-no, I didn't mean it like that!" He facepalmed for a moment, before standing up beside her. "I-I mean... You have Entei in that Pokeball, but he still broke free when we were in the tent... The Pokemon here aren't like those of the other regions though... They're much more violent, more powerful, and more primal than any of the other Pokemon I've met... It's the human equivalent to one of us, and a prehistoric warrior." He thought for a moment. "I can't think of a better way to describe it..."

"...Um, actually I think it's over. They said the next part of the play would be next season."

His gaze followed hers down to the exiting crowd of people. "... I suppose it is... Ready to go?" He gave one final glance top Ki, who then took a large leap down from the dark part of the ceiling to a much more visible position landing near the exit, before walking the rest of the way. Kiba's injuries were still annoying him, though he did his best to ignore them. Who was he to worry about himself when he now had Julia to worry about?

Flare made his way up to Ki, and the two began to converse out of hearing range of anyone else.

~

Mello sort of listened quietly to the conversation, having no input of her own. She hadn't really noticed but Jev had dragged them back to the tent. Um... I think we are being moved into the hotel now...I overheard Chester saying something like that.

Last edited by Dusk; August 28th, 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Quto

Chester inspected Serenade up and down and gave her a big warm smile. He tipped his hat to Serenade, acting like a gentlemen. "Well, well. Welcome aboard. My name is Chester, for the next 3 days or more, I will become your employer. You are currently standing in the soon to be the second human settlement, Heroes Loft. The hotel is currently being remodeled, but when it finishes tomorrow, you and my entire staff will be sleeping within its walls... unless your on the night shift of course... Follow me please." Chester Lead Serenade to the girls tent with her pokemon Rise. Opening the tents passage, there was a spare empty space with an empty cot. "You'll be sleeping here unless you want to take the night shift. I will introduce you in the morning to your fellow trainers."
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The job vendor presented Jack with a binder though he was hesitant. "If your planning to take another job while on your current one, you ought to be sure if it's-..." Chester walked up behind Jack with a humorous chuckle. "I'll allow it. The vendors guard patrol is handling some of the security. I don't see the harm in letting him go for a bit." The vendor then presents Jack the Job list.

Quote:
  • I need materials:
    I require materials that Pokemon produce in order to create various survival items. I need some silk webbing from a Spinarak, discarded baby pokemon egg shells and any empty Metapod cocoons, nothing alive in them. [Reward:2 badge components]
  • Bounty:
    To any trainers, if you come across any other groups belonging to team rocket and defeat them, return with their hats or an article of clothing. The security will pay for each item turned in from money to badge pieces. [Reward: 100 - 1 badge piece]
  • Constructing Culture: FULL!
  • Mountain Herbs:
    I need some herbs in the mountain region to create some home brewed potions. Will be willing to pay for each herb brought to me.[Reward:500 x per herb]
  • Entertainment!:
    We are looking for a trainer to where they and their pokemon can act as waiters or waitresses for the hotel located in Heroes Loft. It is only until the security grid is installed. [Reward: 1x Travel Voucher, 1000x per day.]
  • Moon Rise Evolution:
    The Bulbasaur in the region are nearing the season for evolution in the lake west of heroes loft. Any trainer taking this job, I want them to record the event on any device necessary and send the video back to me for data analysis. [Reward: 1 badge component]
  • Rise with the Sun!:
    There have been a few trainers going missing lately along with their pokemon. No corpses have turned up nor have any abandoned pokemon. Most of these disappearances are happening between the mountain route and the forest route. Location of any of the missing trainers will be given a large reward. [Reward: 1 Complete Badge, 1 Badge Component, 1 Travel Voucher]
"
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Shadoan walks into the tent, studying his keycard as Jev looked at Mello. "He said into the hotel tomorrow." Jev replied, looking at the love birds. He sat in front of them and chuckled. "So, you two talked about each others lives yet? Families? Your future offspring?" Avaith's face was deep red as he rebelled. "Kn-Knock of it!- Ow!..." He hurt himself in an attempt to raise his voice. "Settle down romeo, its better than hearing Shadoan's sorry sob stories. He stopped playing caravan with Light since his last break-up and it's his favorite card game that doesn't involve children's cards." Irek walked over towards Jev, curious. "Was his romance life really that depressing?" Jev paused a moment. "I'm not going into any more detail." Shadoan was ruffling through his bag for some food and some coffee to keep him up and going. "I'll have to use the campfire, I can't put any more strain on Avaith.
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Jack Davis

Jack heard Chester and nodded, "Yeah, the others are very competent. Just in case we head out soon or if there is anything near by that can be done quickly." He said as he looked over the list. He frowned as he read the last job. Well, at least he knew now where there was danger. If they ever headed out once they were done here then at least they could be wary along those routes. His interest perked up when he read about Team Rocket. That was rather interesting to know. There really wasn't a turn in date so he assumed it would be open all the time. Yet another way to make a quick buck while they were traveling.

His eyes caught sight of the entertainment job but he wasn't sure if that was for him or not. "Hm... nothing is sticking out to me, but thanks anyway." He said as he walked away. He needed to get his pokemon together once more. He still had Lilith with him so he asked her to go out and find the others. The Dragonair went off. He just watched her glide over the ground and smirked as he headed to the tent and gathered his things.
Old August 31st, 2012, 02:18 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Julia Blackwood - Heroes' Loft
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia honestly wasn't sure what Kiba was trying to get at, but she decidedly let it go. He didn't seem like he was trying to be a jerk anyway. Boys were so... confusing!~ A smile came to her face and she began to lead Kiba away at a somewhat leisurely pace. "I guess we should go find Chester" she said, considering the job they definitely still had to do. Though, she already had quite the hefty sum of cash. Finishing the job was the right thing to do, and a little more couldn't hurt. The real question was, what would they do /after/ they'd finished the job? Or at least, that was the question for her.

Soon enough, Julia spotted Chester near...--Hey, was that Jack? Why yes it was. She approached the two, presumably with Kiba in tow, and acknowledged Jack with her eyes briefly before addressing Chester.

"Hey, Chester..? The play's finished. I was thinking of taking the night shift tonight."

Her tone was matter-o-fact. She glanced at Jack a second time. "...What's going on over here anyway?" she asked, rather innocently, pausing only a moment before continuing. "It feels pretty amazing that this place has made all this progress since we first came here~" she stated, a subtle hint of awe in her voice. She seemed impressed with the settlement so far, to say the least.
Old August 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Dusk

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Night Shift

"I guess we should go find Chester," spoke Julia.

"I suppose so, I--" and suddenly, Kiba was forcibly dragged given the great opportunity to follow Julia around wherever she wanted to go.

"Hey, Chester..? The play's finished. I was thinking of taking the night shift tonight."

Kiba had suddenly obtained this look of astounding surprise, before speaking up, "I was actually already planning on taking the night shift... So we could take it together, then..!" He suddenly planted his feet where he was, closed his eyes, and tensed up his body; certainly Julia could feel the motion by their connected hands. Of course, this was very subtle in comparison with the next part. Kiba had spoken up, though Julia would hear it... In her mind.

Ki, It's time for the night shift, are you ready? I'm out of the bed so now we can continue our nightly routine.

To add to the surprise, she could also hear Ki's response. Almost, I'll meet up with you in a bit, Flare and I are having a fairly important discussion. Meet me later, in the clearing behind the hotel, like before. Don't expect anything easy just because you were bed-ridden.

Kiba opened his eyes and relaxed his muscles, then glanced over toward the hotel.

~

Mello looked over to Jev. Is that really true? I mean, Kiba did, until now of course, but... Really?

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM
doge
wow
Community Supporter

Boy was Jimmy a light sleeper. A door slammed shut, causing him to bolt up from his sleep and bump his head into the bottom of the top bunk. A slight gash formed across his forehead and tiny droplets of blood slowly oozed out. He groaned, “F**king great.” Immediately, Jimmy jogged over to the bathroom and began to wash out his wound. As the blood flow finally stopped, he rummaged around the sink drawers in hopes of finding a bandage or something to keep it from getting infected. He found nothing, absolutely nothing. In annoyance, Jimmy returned to the main room, slamming the bathroom door behind him.

Looking around, Jimmy’s annoyance quickly morphed into confusion. When he had first walked in, the room was a mess, cluttered with clothes anywhere you could possibly think. Now, almost like magic, it was completely spotless. The clothes were gone, the room seemed much more spacious now and apparently, his “roommate” was gone. Add two and two together, and it made perfect sense. He took a moment and glanced around his new room, as he laid eyes on the night stand he found a small booklet, the survival book the old seaman had mentioned! He realized his (ex)roommate must’ve left this behind as a gift, he wanted to thank him, but by now he was probably long gone. He slipped the booklet into a pocket and tossed on his bag. Seeing as he was already awake, with a nice little gash for reassurance, he might as well explore the island and totally disregard the captain’s warning. By now, the halls and lobby had been cleared, and the stroll out was far more peaceful than in.

As he walked out the hotel doors, a cool gust hit him, creating an odd and slightly painful sensation within the area of the cut. He walked around the town, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the darkness. By the name his eyesight became familiar with the night, he had already wandered off far from town, into some sort of forest-like area. Luckily for him, he could faintly make out a paved out route of dirt that lead back into town, so if he were to get lost, he could just follow the path. The deeper he went, the amount of trees diminished. Eventually enough had gone that the moonlight was able to shine, improving his sight. In a clearing close by, Jimmy spotted a vendor, now what was a shop doing, being set up all the way out here? But in a way it did make sense, it wouldn’t be reasonable to have participants walk back all the way to town to purchase things for the tournament. Approaching the vendor, one of the men working called out to him.

“Hey kid! Interested in a job?” The job vendor handed him, more like forced, a binder, which was oddly chained to the booth. He scanned the listings, looking for something to peak his interests.
Quote:
  • I need materials:
I require materials that Pokemon produce in order to create various survival items. I need some silk webbing from a Spinarak, discarded baby pokemon egg shells and any empty Metapod cocoons, nothing alive in them. [Reward:2 badge components]
  • Bounty:
To any trainers, if you come across any other groups belonging to team rocket and defeat them, return with their hats or an article of clothing. The security will pay for each item turned in from money to badge pieces. [Reward: 100 - 1 badge piece]
  • Constructing Culture: FULL!
  • Mountain Herbs:
I need some herbs in the mountain region to create some home brewed potions. Will be willing to pay for each herb brought to me.[Reward:500 x per herb]
  • Entertainment!:
We are looking for a trainer to where they and their pokemon can act as waiters or waitresses for the hotel located in Heroes Loft. It is only until the security grid is installed. [Reward: 1x Travel Voucher, 1000x per day.]
  • Moon Rise Evolution:
The Bulbasaur in the region are nearing the season for evolution in the lake west of heroes loft. Any trainer taking this job, I want them to record the event on any device necessary and send the video back to me for data analysis. [Reward: 1 badge component]
  • Rise with the Sun!:
There have been a few trainers going missing lately along with their pokemon. No corpses have turned up nor have any abandoned pokemon. Most of these disappearances are happening between the mountain route and the forest route. Location of any of the missing trainers will be given a large reward. [Reward: 1 Complete Badge, 1 Badge Component, 1 Travel Voucher]
“Anything tickle ya fancy?”

Jimmy’s face screamed interested as his eyes scrolled down the job offerings. Although dangerous, the award was well worth it. Risk it for the biscuit, right? It was definitely a sweet deal if he ever saw one. He shrugged off any negative thoughts he might’ve had about the job, it wouldn’t be like him to worry about all the complications.

“Actually... Yeah, this one.” Jimmy pointed down at the last one, Rise with the Sun!
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:27 AM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Doctor X sighed...he had left home years and years ago, and he hadn't heard from his family in a year and half. He was thinking about leaving Johto to see his family again...No. His father told him to never give up, and he wasn't going to let him down. He stood up and walked out the cafe door into Goldenrod City. It was time he moved on. He looked to his companion, Claydol. "Well Clayton, it's time to go." He began to head for the Train Station. He was going to go to Kanto again.

Before he could go two steps, a man called out to him, "You there!" He turned around to see this guy in a tuxedo. "Yes, you! I challenge you to a two on two battle!"

X-Ray was surprised by the man's audacity, but thought to himself, Might as well have one last battle before I go. "I accept your challenge, good sir." He released Stark, who looked around and studied the surrounding buildings like they had rehearsed a thousand and one times. "Alright Clayton, Stark, we're gonna have one last battle before we go back to Kanto. You dig it?" They simultaneously agreed. "Very good, send out your pokemon!" He called out.

The man sent out a Seviper and a Growlithe. "You first."

"Big mistake." Xavier smirked. "Execute plan Alpha 2!" In the blink of an eye, the two pokemon burrowed underground swiftly. The man's two pokemon didn't stand a chance. Seconds later, they burst from the ground and took the Growlithe and Seviper with one hit. X-Ray began to dance around in joy. "Perfect execution! Good job guys!" He ran up to his partners and grinned. "Extra pokeblock for you!" He, being a man of old fashions, pulled out a pokeblock dispenser and fed them both his own special blend, which they eagerly ate.

The man's mouth was still gaping at the one-hit KO. He finally snapped out of his daze and approached Xavier. "You have talent kid. I knew it from the moment I saw you. Please examine this." He handed him a flyer which read:

Quote:
-Earth and Sky!-

Quote:
Are you tired of gyms? Want a challenge that will really put your metal to the test? Do you truly want to stand out above all the trainers on the solid earth you stand on? Take part in the Earth and Sky League: BATTLE ROYALE!

If you’re reading this, then you have completed the first step in participating in our yearly tournament that ends in every winter. The objective is simple, Along with this brochure, you will have a map of approved battle areas for the components to your badge which you will need to qualify for the finals! You should also have a badge case containing your first badge component! Gamble it in a fight during your battles and win enough components to complete your badge! Only then will it reveal to you where to go to fight the devastating elite!

Grand Prize:
1 wish
2nd Prize:
$200,000,000 Cash
Runner Up:
A complete badge for next year’s contest!
It intrigued the boy. "Sounds interesting. I'll make my way immediatley."

"Good, we're looking for new talent a lot these days."

"Well, you can count me in." Xavier ran quickly to the ocean and released Mel, then returned Clayton and Stark. "Well Mel, we're going to this place called the Lethia region. Let's go!" He leapt on the Mantine's back and commanded it to use Surf. Trainer and pokemon slowly made their way towards Lethia, with no clue where they're going, but somehow going the right way.

Last edited by <Challenger>; September 1st, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:25 PM
Quto

-Heroes Loft-
"There's nothing to be surprised about..." Jev sat back, as Irek walked and sat down beside Jev. "...What, your going to bug me until I-" "All 3 of us will spar with you, 3 to 1." "A few years ago, there was this redhead, short hair, fast and was the type of trainer that loved to exercise with her pokemon to get them into better training. They sort of bump-." "You threw him to her...On purpose ... While sparring." "...Ok, I threw him, they at least hit it off and went out." "She hit him and threw him back... You ended up fighting her until both of you ran out of energy..." "...Fine, I caused it. They meet up later to apologize to one another. He apologized for me and she apologized for her reaction. They began talking to one another and she noticed that he played caravan and made a bet with him over one game..." "... She gambled a night on town with her against his pants and his red jacket for the day." Irek laughed out loud, rolling back onto his tail. "Hey-O! I wonder how Shadoan took it..." "He didn't know. She didn't tell him what she wanted from him until their game was finished... Either case, he won and came out victorious. He dropped us off at a daycare while the two went out on a date for the evening and explored the city." Jev sat up and grinned. "That special?" "Yep... The two played caravan a ton and would make odd little bets for kisses, supplies, articles of clothing from each other for a day, they even traveled together and slept with one another in the same tent like a close couple... Until they reached a fork in the road and went their separate ways, hoping they would meet up with one another." Irek paused a moment, looking at Jev. "Well, what went wrong? Why did he stop playing caravan?" Jev looked over at Avaith. "You know the rest of this story." Avaith looked away for a moment with a bitter expression as he turned back to the group. "They met up months later and started catching up. Before long, it would be like old times until her new boyfriend shown up." Ireks ears folded down a little "I can guess where this is going..." "It got worse. He challenged Shadoan to a pokemon match, me vs. his blastoise with her hand in marriage as the wager. Shadoan was torn between her and letting what he had as close as a brother get hurt or worse. So he turned down the match and left the city without saying good-bye... Jev was being healed in the pokemon center during the time for trying to make a move on a Charmeleon." "HEY! SHE WAS HOT!... IN BOTH TERMS OF THE WORD!" "So he stopped playing because the game reminded him of her... The other guy, was he big with large muscles? Blue spiked hair? Black tear drop tattoo on his hand?" Avaith perked his ears up. "Yeah.... How do you know him?" "His 5 year old daughter is one of the elites for this cycle... She's also a red-head." Avaith looked as if his mind had been shot repeatedly as the pupils of his eyes shrunk to the size of a grain of sand while Jev started bopping his head against one of the tent supports. Ulla looked at Irek as if he was joking. "How is someone so young able to become an Elite?" Irek looked up at Ulla with a serious face. "When she caught her first Pokemon, her father put her through E&S's elite training to be a Rust-type. She has won 76 battles in a row against trainers in all 3 conferences last year. She has to serve her cycle for 5 more years before she can become an exile." He paused a moment to look at the group and slowly got up. "I guess this was a crotch shot to all of you... So I'll take my leave... and see if I can get some dinner... The strongest are the ones who defend those they care for, you have a good trainer, you too Mello."

Shadoan noticed Jack gathering his things as he sat up. "What's up Jack? You getting ready to leave?" He asked, sitting up as he adjusted his coat.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

-Outer Rim of Lethia – Ocean-

The old sea captain blows the fog horn over the seas as a unsettling fog rolls in around the outskirts of Lethia to warn arriving trainers and ships where his ship was located to avoid a wreck.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

-Forest Vendors-

The vendor checked the binder and handed Jimmy a vanilla folder. "This contains a map of the known areas of where the trainers have disappeared... Just be sure to hide if you ever hear an eerie whistle. Since most of our reports are coming from the victims friends and what they heard before they disappeared. If you need supplies, the vendor camp behind me has some booths setup for food before we pack up for the night and sleep until dawn." The job booth vendor yawns loudly as he puts the job binder away and sits back, letting jimmy go with the file.
[Remake of Half Life! Black Mesa Source! The sound track is free, but I think its WORTH SOMETHING! Its worth listening too while Role Playing!
http://www.blackmesasource.com/soundtrack.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fW_SeNm_8]

Last edited by Quto; September 4th, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
<Challenger>

Mel finally washed ashore ith a wet, freezing Xavier on his back. "You know what buddy? I think it would've been safer, warmer, and dryer on the boat. You remember it, right?" The Mantine remembered it all to well. A few hours after they set off on their journey, the boat came within feet of them, almost chopping them to pieces. Thank Arceus Mantines were powerful swimmers. Mel nodded. He was exhausted from the long journey. "Dear Arceus, you deserve a nap." He returned him to his pokeball and sent out Clayton instead. He never went anywhere without one of his pokemon with him. It wasn't safe.

The pair wondered around on the shore for a good hour or two before they finally found the town. It was called...Standing Grace? What kind of a name was that? They entered it anyays. "Well Clayton, welcome to Lethia. They walked around until they found a guy that looked like a trainer standing next to a vendor with vanilla folders. "Hey there, do you know where I could find these badge pieces?"
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Jack Davis

Jack looked over at Shaodan and shrugged. "Well, not exactly. I did see a job at the hotel. They need some help over there with waiters and all and not all of my pokemon are built for the job but I was thinking of heading over to the hotel and seeing if they had any rooms set aside for us since we are protecting the area and all. Maybe I could have some of my pokemon act as waiters for a bit you know? It pays well and we could always do with more money." He chuckled to himself. "Money always helps right?"

Echo giggled as she was hit by the snowballs that Spirit shot out and quickly hid behind one of the chairs and countered with her own army of snow balls. Being a ice-type herself Echo could quickly form snowballs and unleashed them at her enemy. "Take that!" She shouted out. Despite her speed Spirit was much faster and could also phase through as well! "No fair!" Echo called out behind her cover as she sent out two more balls and quickly ducked back down when more snowballs headed her way.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
doge
wow
Community Supporter

Jimmy Hill

Jimmy listening carefully to the vendor, careful not a miss the slightest bit of information. Supplies? Perhaps he would take some, but he was low on money and he needed to conserve his spending. Thus he let the suggestion die off. He grabbed the folder and opened it up, walking as he read. The map marked out various spots where people had disappeared, it resembled a connect the dots game. He pulled out his own map and compared data. He looked for the nearest possible location to investigate. It almost felt like he was a detective, he chuckled at the thought.

"Hey there, do you know where I could find these badge pieces?" He turned around, wondering what kind of ridiculous question that was. In front of him was a dude in one of the most awkward attires he had ever seen, and what was with that blue fabric that stood out at his crotch area... He eyed the man with curiosity, wasn't it standard to receive your badge piece beforehand? Or perhaps he had lost it and was looking for one to steal? There were a lot of possibilities here, and not knowing, Jimmy wasn't sure if he could really trust this guy. Besides, he had a Claydol next to him, this might end up being trouble. Jimmy curled up both of his maps and stuck them in his back pockets, still holding the vanilla folder.

"Umm, didn't you get yours after you battled that guy in the suit, along with the rest of your stuff?"
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
<Challenger>

"Umm, didn't you get yours after you battled that guy in the suit, along with the rest of your stuff?" The boy replied.

Xavier remembered getting a little metal thing from that guy he battled, but he didn't know there was other stuff. "I got a badge piece, I think. What other stuff was there besides the flyer?" He was confused. He saw the guy glance at Clayton, then realized he might seem like a threat. He returned the Claydol to it's pokeball. He pulled out the badge piece and the flyer. "I kinda left Goldenrod in a hurry. My battle was only a few hours ago. I just jumped on my Mantine and rode him here. By the way, I'm Xavier. Some people call me Professor X or X-Ray."
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
doge
wow
Community Supporter

Jimmy Hill

"The other thing, being a map of Lethia. Man, you'll get lost without that thing." Jimmy scratched his beard as Xavier returned his Claydol into its pokeball. It seemed his earlier concerns had been nothing but that.

"I kinda left Goldenrod in a hurry. My battle was only a few hours ago. I just jumped on my Mantine and rode him here. By the way, I'm Xavier. Some people call me Professor X or X-Ray." He seemed friendly enough at the very least.

Suddenly, Jimmy remembered how the old sea dog had mentioned something about teaming up with other tournament participants. Perhaps this Xavier fellow could be a good ally to have. But in the mean time, Jimmy had a job to do, and he intended on finishing it. He pulled out his maps and diverted his attention towards them.

"So Professor, I got a proposal for ya. I'm a on job right now and you're new without a map. You could get lost, or you could tag along with me, I might need the help. Or you can go ahead and get a job of your own from the vendors over there, considering they're not closed for tonight." Aha! Jimmy had located the nearest area, and it was pretty close by. He marked it on the map before depositing them both back into his back pockets. "Alright man, you make your choice now, cause I'm going." Jimmy started to jog farther into the forest, eager to find his first clue.
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
<Challenger>

"So Professor, I got a proposal for ya. I'm a on job right now and you're new without a map. You could get lost, or you could tag along with me, I might need the help. Or you can go ahead and get a job of your own from the vendors over there, considering they're not closed for tonight. Alright man, you make your choice now, cause I'm going."

Xavier was nothing without a map...he had a copy of every region...but this one. He needed this guy...at least till he got a map. "Sounds like a plan to me. Where is the first objective?" He was pretty happy. So far so good. He pushed his glasses up and looked around. "Please say its somewhere with either water or ground...or air. I'm good with anything."
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Quto

-Rise with the Sun!-

As both Xavier and Jimmy settle themselves in, the boys hear an eerie whistle rise above the trees. The whistle's tone grew louder and louder until it ceased with an utter silence. The wind was not blowing, the pokemon were silent and the sound of water even came to a standstill. The boys quickly to notice to the atmosphere and watched each others backs. The silence was then broken by a moan, coming from the woods. A trainer was staggering along the ground, moving at an abnormal rate, gasping for air. Turning to the two boys, there were no pupils in the trainers eyes as it slowly approached them both and into the moonlight.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Chester began to scratch his chin as he looked does at Kiba and Julia. He shrugged his shoulders as he reached into his coat pocket. "There isn't much going on, Jack is looking into taking a job as one of the waiters... Or so I think. If you both want to take the night shift, work with the vendors security at least. The vendors will remain here until dawn when they leave the loft. Just be sure Shadoan or Jack are aware so that one of them can take the morning shift... Also..." From his coat, he pulled out 2 key cards for the both of them. "These are for your hotel rooms when they are finished tomorrow... Your free to go in now, but expect an empty room with wallpaper and carpet. They're moving the furniture into the rooms at dawn since they came in late today... One more thing, your Gyro Gears please..." Julia held up her gear she received earlier as Chester swiped a card through a slot on the side as the machine rebooted with a new app. "I've installed the 'news stand' app to your gear and will install them to Jack's and Shadoans when I get the chance. The four of you have been subscribed to World Trainers magazine, Outdoors Man monthly, Shonen Jump, Breeding Journal and Gadget Gazette. The subscription to the magazines are on me for 2 years so enjoy them. Julia, You've received an advance copy of World Trainers to your gear containing the film and photos we took on today's expedition. The others will receive theirs tomorrow, Kiba, bring me yours so I can update the OS and give you the new app."

Last edited by Quto; September 6th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM
doge
wow
Community Supporter

Jimmy Hill & Xavier Coolidge

The duo had been wandering around the forest for what seemed like ages. They knew they were in the vicinity of the disappearance, but any sort of clues seemed relatively nonexistent. Tonight, the forest seemed surprisingly quiet, almost too quiet. Suddenly, a loud hissing noise could be heard behind Jimmy. He quickly turned, ready to engage the source of the noise. What Jimmy saw, was Xavier and his Claydol, waving around repels like no tomorrow. Jimmy sighed, dropping his guard. "Wild pokemon would be the last of my concerns if I were you."

"Yea.. you're probably right..." Xavier looked around his surroundings with every step, he seemed relatively timid. "With Claydol here though, we shouldn't have much to worry about." Xavier slowly nudged himself closer to the physic pokemon, hanging close for security.

Jimmy nodded, but he wasn't stupid. Xavier obviously felt somewhat anxious about the situation. Jimmy couldn't blame him, he himself was nervous. On the outside he held out a facade, he appeared calm and composed, but inside he couldn't help himself. Given the situation the teens were in, it was only natural.

It began to feel like the two were wandering in circles, this was place was obviously barren of whatever they were looking for. As they were about give and head to another spot, a whistle broke the silence, but it was soft and calming... No wait, the sound took a change of course, and suddenly the atmosphere was filled with an eerie presence. All of nature was silent around them, but the whistle, the whistling was loud and clear. Xavier looked at Jimmy, a glimpse of fear in his eyes. Jimmy suddenly realized that it was the eerie whistling that the vendors had mentioned before! Then it came to a sudden stop... "Get ready..." He whispered to Xavier as the boys' eyes locked onto the direction in which the sound had came.

Suddenly, a moan broke out, coming from the same direction of the whistle. A trainer, or what seemed to be a trainer, stumbled out of the woods like a drunk. It or he, turned towards the two and what they saw next freaked the hell out of them. The man's eyes contained no pupils, they looked like an abyss. He began to stagger towards the boys at an incredible pace, ready to add to its collection of trainers. Xavier tensed up and seemed to be ready to attack.

"Wait, I'm not too sure about this, it doesn't seem capable of kidnapping dozens of trainers.. We need to attempt to subdue it first." Jimmy tugged on a pokeball attached to his bag. Annie chirped as she was released from confinement. "Cover your ears!" He shouted at Xavier, "Use Sing." Jimmy and Xavier both clapped their hands over their ears as Annie released a beautiful melody from it's beak. If this failed, violence would be the only other option.

Old September 7th, 2012, 09:05 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Julia Blackwood - Heroes' Loft
As Chester went on Julia's expression abruptly changed to one of mild discomfort for no apparent reason. Cue lackluster pokerface. She just sort of glanced in Kiba's direction for a moment. 'Um... hello?' Julia thought, trying to grab the two males' attention. Cue awkward mental-silence. What, was her mind a playground? Why was she hearing voices?? She really did not have any grounds for determining the exact cause at the moment. She checked he Gyro Gear to give herself something to be distracted by and confirmed the presence of the article she had modeled for. Her response was to briefly glance over at Kiba, silently considering showing the other. For now, she returned her attention to Chester for a moment. "Thanks..!~" Julia commented. "I guess if Jack is going to be busy, we should go look for Shadoan." she continued, this time seemingly more directed at Kiba.

Julia did however hesitate a moment, her attention drifting back fully to Chester. "...Chester? What're you going to do?--After all this is finished, that is?" she asked, curiously. Aww... isn't that cute. She had grown to like her boss! Albeit, it was a slightly hard not to. He was kind and generous. He didn't seem to be dishonest. It was kind of hard to fault him on anything really. She apparently cared anyway.
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Dusk

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Counter-Reaction

'Um... hello?'

Kiba almost jumped away, suddenly yanking his hand back. Surely Chester is going to be making faces. He glanced over at Julia, somewhat wide-eyed. Did I just hear that?? Did she...? I never could speak telepathically to anyone but Ki... Did she...? He paused for a moment. Maybe I can now... I'll test it. J-Julia...? ... Nothing. It must not have worked, but why did it work before? Maybe...

Test number two. Kiba slowly reached over to grab Julia's hand again. Julia...? He could hear a light echo of his thought, and he felt as if he was now connecting his mind with Julia's. She had to have heard it that time. I... I can speak telepathically. I thought it only worked with Ki but... I guess it worked with you because our hands are connected... I wonder if I could speak with any other Pokemon while in contact... I'll try it some other time... I'll be right back, I should go get that watch-thing.

He hurried off, hoping Julia wouldn't leave where she was standing while he was away. This was technically the first time they weren't literally attached since that chat that brought them together. He dug through the miscellaneous items scattered about the tent and found the Gyro Gear. Would he use something like this? Not likely. He wasn't one to use technology all that often. Either way, he brought it back to Chester, holding it up to him. His other hand found Julia's. He imagined she might have questions, or want to try telepathy-talk again, so he left the connection open.

~

Spirit laughed as she began to get a little too into it, accidentally firing an ice beam and freezing Echo solid... Uh-oh. O-oh no! I'm sorry Echo I didn't mean to! Panicking, she circled the ice block a few times, then started to spit will-o-wisps at the ice, hoping to melt it, but to no avail. She hurriedly went to find Flare.

~

Flare turned his attention from Ki as Spirit had shown up. Speak of the she-devil.

Ki leapt into a tree, not close enough to be part of the conversation, but close enough to intervene if necessary.

Flare, I just need some h--

I don't care! Haven't you considered that things aren't always about you??

E-Echo is frozen, I just needed you to come--

Flare growled. Well find someone else! You've avoided me ever since you came back!! You can't ignore the past. Don't talk to me again. The Arcanine growled and turned away. Go find someone else to help you, because I don't care.

~

Mello looked up at Spirit as she came in somewhat disoriented. I-I accidentally froze Echo, I can't unfreeze her... Avaith... Could you... Pleeeaaase unfreeze her??

Mello cocked her head slightly. Why don't you ask--

Spirit gave her a look, as if she should know better, but then sighed. You were probably too young to remember. I can't ask Flare, Mello. I need Avaith to unfreeze her. Please Avaith, you're the only other Fire-type I know!

~

Ki leapt down and landed beside Flare. Are you sure you handled that situation properly?

Flare only sighed.

Kiba and I will be undergoing our nightly routine soon, you're welcome to join us, or at least watch. I'd rather you aren't left alone tonight.

The two made their way to the clearing behind the hotel, in waiting.

Old September 8th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Quto

-Heroes Loft-
Avaith raised his head and looked over at Jev. "Again?... This is getting a little old." Avaith sighs as he rests his head on the edge of the bed. "Just move the bed." Jev got up and held his claw up. "I have a better idea... Where is the frozen beauty?" He stepped out and allowed spirit to lead the knuckle headed insect towards the frozen echo. "I see... Hang on." With a mighty hit, Jev dislodges Echo's frozen cube from the ground, allowing Jev to carrying her as he looks up and chuckles at spirit. "Easier to carry one pokemon than to drag two of them... Lets get her to Avaith." Jev returns to the tent with the frozen Echo and places it in front of Avaith as the fire pokemon took a deep breath and spewed a gentle flame over the ice in an attempt to thaw out Echo. As they sat back and watched Avaith attempt to thaw her out, Jev raised his head towards spirits direction. "Why can you ask for Flares help?... Can't be any worse than what Irek told us."

-Heroes Loft: Outside-
Chester took Kibas Gyro Gear and updated it. "Me? I plan to reside here at the Loft until I begin my cycle." He looked down at the couple who seemed a little confused when he mentioned cycle. "Oh... I was preselected to become an elite for Earth and Sky. When your selected, you serve the league for a few years, those years are the known as an Elites cycle. I will begin serving mine next year..."

Shadoan was out with Irek, looking for some food to cook up for their evening meal with the rest of his team. Picking berries near the loft, filling the water canteens and checking the staffed chefs for left overs such as rice and fruits.

-Rise with the Sun!-
The victim fell asleep to Annie's song and remained motionless. Xavier and Jimmy walk a little closer to inspect the victim and notice his left arm has some awkward looking burn marks. The skin wasn't damaged though the marks weren't healing. Another item to note is that the victim has bite marks located near the neck that haven't healed yet. The marks seem to match up with a pokemon, but its difficult to tell. A few pokeballs containing a pokemon team were seen on the victims belt, along with a torn backpack. Taking from what they could judge from a distance, the eerie whistle filled the air again as the sleeping zombified trainer rose from its slumber and slowly began walking towards them again.

Last edited by Quto; September 16th, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here