The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Connorsauras_Rex
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I'm one of the people who loves good dialogue in a Pokemon game, it makes the characters more 'real' in a way, i like it when characters go into detail for example Prof.Elm was a awesome character, his dialogue brought out his quirkiness in HG/SS. But B/W was great for it's dialogue also, i really like N's.
So, basically what i'm wondering is, does anyone else notice the dialogue in Pokemon games? If so what character in B/W has your favorite dialogue? Include the most interesting dialogue in your post so we can all see it! Try to discuss as much as you can about the dialogue in this thread too!

Here's my 3DS Friend Code- 2492-4140-0559 :D add me!!!
Pokemon White Friend Code- 3525-6485-9623

Last edited by Forever; January 30th, 2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:38 AM
gvgisdi
Officially addicted to Crystal

Nature: Quiet
Yay, another one who loves good dialogues. *brofist*

I like N's character too. And Bianca's.
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah... I'd rather if people actually wrote their favourite quotes/dialogue, rather than broadly say you like a certain character, because we need reasons - and people can discuss easier, etc. So just adding that into the first post. Besides this isn't really for which is your favourite character in general, so yeah.

Either way for me, I personally thought that B/W had the best quotes, a lot better than in past games, tbh.

The best one by far is, "My name is Elesa. I'm also a model." It's just... so amazing. Oh yeaaaah and Charles, "I'm a heartbreaker... my name... Charles." IT'S JUST SO DAMN HILARIOUS.
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Starforce23
Ultimate Trainer Red

Nature: Brave
I love N's dialogue! ''I can hear your pokemon voice...'' when you battle him first time! And that one too!: When you beat the 5th or 6th badge, he talks to your Pokemon and see if they like you! It's awesome! Strange but cool!

Im cool and cute,and I can transform into any Pokemon!
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:55 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
I likw Ghetsis dialouge: We only free pokemon from wacked people.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Dialogue is what makes a story usually... How people react to things that happen throughout...

I personally liked Alder's and Cheren's dialogue, the former coming off as wise, and the latter showing development throughout the game...
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:16 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
N is the character that has the wisest things to say. Not just silly rantings and ramblings and such. what he is saying actually makes sense in real life.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
I actually don't like it a lot, apart from maybe Bianca's which is just kinda silly. Apart from that I find it pretty boring tbh, and usually I just skim or even skip through it!
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

"Hi! I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear."

As you can see the quality of dialogue has increased over the gens. I think Black and White had the most thoughtful and for once the 'evil' team actually had a point. Is it cruel to force these creatures into battle for money and fame (face it, that is what your character is after)? At least untill Ghetsis went full crazy, I was a little disapointed with that. Although it made N a more sympathetic character.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old January 30th, 2012, 12:20 PM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
I have to agree with Forever on Charles, I mean, pratically the whole town talks about how he's so cool and all, and once you finally talk to him, he explains the new type of battle (whether it be Rotation or Triples) and then he says he is a Heartbreaker who's name is Charles.

I mean, am I the only one who thought you could get Heart Scales from this guy? Yeah? I thought so :(
Old January 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Connorsauras_Rex
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvgisdi View Post
Yay, another one who loves good dialogues. *brofist*

I like N's character too. And Bianca's.
I didn't really like Bianca's she came off as ditzy and dumb which was a tad annoying haha, here's an example,
"Wh-whoa! What happened?! Wow! Pokémon are amaaaaazing!! So little, but so strong! I'm so glad that I get to have a Pokémon! ...Oh. Um, sorry about your room"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
"Hi! I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear."

As you can see the quality of dialogue has increased over the gens. I think Black and White had the most thoughtful and for once the 'evil' team actually had a point. Is it cruel to force these creatures into battle for money and fame (face it, that is what your character is after)? At least untill Ghetsis went full crazy, I was a little disapointed with that. Although it made N a more sympathetic character.
Yeah, N was a more interesting character because he's not your usual villain, for example all the Rocket Grunts just say,
"We're pulling a big job here! Get lost, kid!" whereas N says more deep things like
"Your Pokémon... Just now, it was saying..." which makes him a interesting character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
I actually don't like it a lot, apart from maybe Bianca's which is just kinda silly. Apart from that I find it pretty boring tbh, and usually I just skim or even skip through it!
Really? i thought it was great, but i have to agree with you Bianca's.

Last edited by Connorsauras_Rex; January 30th, 2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:33 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I think N's dialogue is interesting. He talks a lot more quicker than the other characters and he makes references to science. Bianca's dialogue is also rather entertaining.

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:24 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I enjoyed N's dialouge and his references to math and science (for me this made his alias being N more laughable).
I also enjoyed Ghetsis dialouge at the end, it really brought out his mental collapse as a villain considering how calculating his dialogue was until that point.
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Connorsauras_Rex
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I enjoyed N's dialouge and his references to math and science (for me this made his alias being N more laughable).
I also enjoyed Ghetsis dialouge at the end, it really brought out his mental collapse as a villain considering how calculating his dialogue was until that point.
Ghetis was a character that you grew to hate with his dialogue which is really nice

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

Upon most cases I was happy with the dialogue. Bar the fact there was some clear mis-translations. My biggest annoyance with the few occasions where the player character talks to themselves. Most notably in Dragonspiral Tower when the player talks about the disturbances above. I found that to be rather untidy.

the internet is full of people who refuse to be nice to others
because they feel that this makes them superior
that's lame
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Connorsauras_Rex
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Upon most cases I was happy with the dialogue. Bar the fact there was some clear mis-translations. My biggest annoyance with the few occasions where the player character talks to themselves. Most notably in Dragonspiral Tower when the player talks about the disturbances above. I found that to be rather untidy.
Yeah, the mistakes sorta knock your focus out a bit especially at Dragonspiral Tower where the story starts to get intense.

Old January 31st, 2012, 04:02 AM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

I think a lot of people notice dialog, actually.

Personally, I liked Steven the best. I just think his character in general is cool.
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:22 AM
Jarred0809
The Eternal Lurker

I like Alder's dialogue the best, but N and Ghetsis are good too.

"I... I lost. I should have been able to demonstrate the bond between me and my Pokémon. That would have shown that brat the worthlessness of his outrageous dreams. So, his convictions were the real thing... Be careful. The ones who change the world are always the ones who pursued their dreams. <Player>, I ask this of you. Even if Pokémon and people are separated, nothing good will come of it. Please let him know that!"

"N, even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought."
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

N of course, like almost everyone else.
Why?
I enjoy how he believes in what he says...and how some trainers are bad. It sheds a bit of light to the darker side of the PokeWorld. At the end however, everything was ruined with Ghetsis's speech. About N being warped and his true goal to be the only one with pokemon. The story was deep and I found myself seeing both sides of the situation...until Ghetsis. Maybe that dialogue was supposed to make anyone who N convinced not believe in Team Plasma...as in if a player sees the sense in N's words, Ghetsis's speech is supposed to motivate them or something to stop Team Plasma instead of not wanting to stop them, but to join them.
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Togetic997
Beginning Trainer

I usually try to pay attention, and it always bugged me how your character in the game never talks. I wish he/she did.

Old January 31st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
I love the speech Elesa gave to Bella's dad in Raimon. Them music made it perfect too!
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Dark Tobi
Akatsuki nobody

Nature: Serious
There was one person in the game, I believe it was in the connector route from Castelia city and the bridge, and I quote, "Ah, my legs are so sore from running. Well, there is no need to look." 0.o
Old February 1st, 2012, 04:46 AM
pryce10

no mention of BURN BABY BURN?- Funnist quote ever!

Mamoswine FTW
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here