The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM
PokenSesame
Beginning Trainer

Totally got a shiny Drifloon card out of my booster pack.
Check out the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvQb...el_video_title
Sorry for being such a noob!
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
pmarckoue
CAN IT BE!?

Nature: Timid
A shiny pokemon card is a card with a shiny pokemon on it. I think it's started since the Neo Revelations set, and they have more shining pokemon for the Next Destinies set. I'm currently trying to collect all shining pokemon cards lol
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:31 PM
PokenSesame
Beginning Trainer

Thanks alot! So kinda like how you get shiny pokemon in the game, but in card form. That kind makes sense.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
AquaticWartortle
Teh Best Wartortle

Nature: Quiet
I also have a shiny Drifloon !

Credits: XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:55 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticWartortle View Post
I also have a shiny Drifloon ;)!
I don't think they ever made a "Shining" version of Drifloon... reverse holo version, yes, but I don't recall a Shining Drifloon card.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:00 AM
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
While we are on the subject i assume a normal holo is more valuable then a reverse one?
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:41 AM
pmarckoue
CAN IT BE!?

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I don't think they ever made a "Shining" version of Drifloon... reverse holo version, yes, but I don't recall a Shining Drifloon card.
There's a shiny Drifloon card. Although, it's not titled "Shiny Drifloon" or "Shining Drifloon," it's still a shiny drifloon and reverse holo at the same time. I think all the shiny pokemon in the DP sets were Rev holo.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp44 View Post
While we are on the subject i assume a normal holo is more valuable then a reverse one?
Shiny pokemon previously appeared ONLY as reverse holos, so their value is set.

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497
Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

And many places charge roughly the same price for a reverse holo version of a card as they would for a regular holo version of the card. Though those that differ usually charge more for a reverse holo version (since it's a bit rarer) than the regular holo version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarckoue View Post
There's a shiny Drifloon card. Although, it's not titled "Shiny Drifloon" or "Shining Drifloon," it's still a shiny drifloon and reverse holo at the same time. I think all the shiny pokemon in the DP sets were Rev holo.
They all were, and are indicated by SH# in the corner of the card. I did not know that Drifloon was one of those. I know that it wasn't titled Shining Drifloon or one of those cards with the star after its name because those cards came before Drifloon was even an official Pokemon.
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM
IdsMow
LongTime Master

This guide gives you a good indercation of levels of rarity http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Pokemon-TC...00000006316282

also it refers to Reverse Holo Holo also known as gold writing holo
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

That guide is slightly off the mark on a few things... only certain EX sets had the set logo inside the picture on reverse holofoils.

And regular holofoil rares don't have anything but the picture background as a holofoil portion. Anywhere outside that is either a reverse holo or one of the special holo cards.
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:32 PM
IdsMow
LongTime Master

Its missig prime as well as legend also in the guide but for its time it was not too bad. Im more schoked at teh lack of a better guide not having been made by pokemon. Would have thought it would have been in tere best intrest after all.
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Pokemon doesn't really ever have to explain, since those that want to know typically are the older collectors getting back into the TCG, and they're more than capable of finding fansites that have that information compiled.
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
LAF
:D

Speaking of shinies, shiny Hydreigon at the ND Prerelease, as well as a Shaymin EX :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links