The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy

Advertise here
Years and years ago.. my first Pokemon game was Yellow and that was given to me by my Aunt she got bored of the game, supposedly and my favorite Generation would have to be.. generation 1, but I also like generation 2. They were both great generations.

DA||MAL || Portfolio

Old February 6th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Yellow Version for me and I love Hoenn
Old February 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM
LyokoGirl5000
Lyoko Princess

Nature: Careful
I started playing Pokemon shortly after Yellow was released. I was five and and I really liked watching the older kids play Red and Blue on their Game Boys at Day Care.

My brother and I begged our parents for Game Boys and we ended up getting Game Boys and games. He got a purple Game Boy Color and Blue Version and I got a Yellow Game Boy Color and Pokemon Pinball. I got Yellow a couple weeks later as a reward for getting a good report card.

I was five and my brother was three.

My favorite region is Hoenn. I think it's pretty and the berry system is better than the others.

Last edited by LyokoGirl5000; February 6th, 2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Forgot my favorite region.
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Ardos
Community Supporter

Started with Red Version all those years ago.
Ah, memories <3
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I believe I saw millions of threads like this in PC, nevertheless, I shall contribute to this thread.

I started playing Red around 2001/2002 (I can't remember) that was when somebody (which I forget) gave me and my cousin the red cartridge, we took turns to play it on that single cartridge. Well, after 1 year, he suddenly said he lost that cartridge, I was like FUUUUU, and forgotten about it after awhile. Its only 2009 I found that cartridge in his house and asked if he wanted to give me it. Since he doesn't play Pokemon anymore, he agreed and I put that cartridge into my Gameboy Colour and realized that he had a level 100 Snorlax (my favourite pokemon).

I know my English is bad.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:27 AM
gilbertman
Where am I?

I was a late bloomer to the world of Pokemon. I was actually one of those dreadful people in grade school who made fun of those "Pokemon Nerds"... Something I am woefully regretful of... But it was when my brother decided to rent the 5th Pokemon movie did my eyes get openned to the world of Pokemon and all It's glory. It was just a week later that I had to buy Pokemon Ruby. And it was wonderful! And ever since I've had to purchase every version of every generation that has come out. And I've even tried to make amends for all the Pokemon dising I did back in the day by spreading the Pokemon love where ever I can. :D
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
I got Blue (along with my turqoise Gameboy color) near when it first came out in the UK.

Pity that 12 years later the battery on the cartridge no longer works!
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

I started playing Pokemon Crystal on my Game Boy Advance when I was about 10. My sister had gotten it for her birthday but she didn't like it so I ended up with it.
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Eclispe
Beginning PsyDragon Master

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrispyGames View Post
When did you first start playing pokémon!

Hey Guys

I was just wondering what was your first ever pokémon game! Mine was pokémon yellow for the Gameboy!!

Also what is your favorite generation of games! mine has to be the second generation they were when I got old enough to actually have enough patience to complete a pokémon game!

Also guys could you please check my youtube channel out, I have just started doing a pokémon liquid crystal Lets Play and I need all the support i can get:D

Here's my channel link! youtube.com/user/MrCrispyGames
Pokemon Yellow also was my first pokemon game; followed by Pokemon Red. Never did get to experience Pokemon Blue. As for my favorite generation(s) of pokemon games; It comes down to a tie between the 2nd and 4th generations.
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Selvaria
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Well son... Many many years ago when the sun was red and it painted the city through the cloudless day... i saw my dad arrive with a green Game Boy Color, which made my childhood what it is today...

A couple of days later pokemon yellow came out, and whoopsie dee doo. I happened to have founded a used one in the game store near me, needless to say. Pokemon Yellow, my first Game Boy game and Pokemon game ever... So many memories attached to it such as me screaming "bro! how many times have i told you not to start a new game OH MY GOOOODDDD" at my elder brother (hence i omitted many parts on that statement for parental control sakes).

Good times indeed... That sadly for me are never going to come back :'( Even if i shed a tear...
My Game Boy Colour was also green and my first game was also Yellow. Those were the days...
Old February 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
EB
Re: World
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Blue version; 1998 :cer_boogie:

Only overwritten that data once. Maxed out at 255:00 years ago.
Old February 24th, 2012, 06:22 PM
katiekun11
I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to katiekun11 Send a message via Skype™ to katiekun11
I believe I started playing about a week after Red came out. I was in my local shop & saw it so begged my Mum to get it for me & she did! I got Blue for Christmas that year too. It must have been years & years ago (I remember being about 7 or 8?... 22 now!)

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Old February 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
xSkullKing16x
Boo.

Nature: Lax
When I was very tiny and didn't quite know what the concept of Pokemon was, I played on my cousins Blue, Red, or Yellow, I forgot which version he had. I would play it whenever I got the chance. Then I finally got LeafGreen, as I wasn't quite ready to own a game or even a game system. Now I play White and other, yet I still play LeafGreen, I am even doing a nuzlocke run right now!
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:31 AM
alienman298
Hardcore PC Gamer

My first game would be pokemon snap, my first main series game would be gold, but i didnt really kno how to play till i got emerald :3, and my favourite generation would be 3 :D

Add me on steam as xxAlienman298xx, and Subscribe to me on youtube at youtube.com/xxAlienman298xx
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
Castwand2

My first pokemon game was pokemon leafgreen and it was in French.
As for my favorite generation it would be tied from Gen III and Gen IV
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:31 AM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

Pokemon Blue, December 25, 1998
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cazzef
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Brave
I had a Gameboy, it was my brothers, but they gave it to me since they grew out of it, all I was playing between 99 - 01 was Super Mario Land, Jamed Bond 007, Tennis and some basketball game, then my cousin decided to give me Pokemon Yellow Version, I played that and well, I enjoyed it immensely!

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

I started playing in 2001, I think. a silver Game boy colour with a Pikachu and a Pichu on it, and Gold Version
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
LuckyLucario2000

1998..a year I'll never forget..when all those grizzly murders occurred in the Arklay Mountains..lol just kidding 1998 was the year I stole Pokemon Blue Version from my brother and it was love at first sight.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Doogle3097
Hola.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Doogle3097
2007, Pokemon Diamond. I was 10, and missed all the good stuff, but since I've played every main game (European versions anyway)
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
ShinyHoundoom
Houndoom Fan

Nature: Hasty
Christmas 1998, Blue version along with a yellow Game Boy. Though I did borrow my sister's Game boy color and pinball before that. I still to this day have a copy of Crystal. It's my favorite game ever.

None

Completed Challenges
Fire Red

Cerberus the Houndoom Solo Challenge Fire Red
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

Nature: Quirky
I started on emerald here. Still my fav to this day. It was kinda special in a way since I had to go on a treasure hunt on my birthday to find it.

Being the noob I was I thought I would get gold silver since I thought it was current, but boy was I wrong lol...

Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
it was the 90's, I was very young so idr the actual year but I know I've been playing for at least 13 years.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Christmas of...1998 or 99, can't remember. I recieved a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Yellow. I then proceeded to rage over Brock and his Rock types for months.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
I think it was around the time when I was in the second grade. My mom took me to a store and I could choose from any of the first or second generation games on the GameBoy, and so I went with Blue. :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here