Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page When did you first start playing pokémon!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread

Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:08 AM).
Awesome Norwegian :D

Send a message via Skype™ to ReTAsp
Ohh... I think it was around 2004/2005. We got a new neighbour and he had GBA with LG and sapphire. I also had GBA, together with my brother (mine is broken and he bought a new one) anyway, I borrowed his sapphire version and I still have it one place. This was my first time playing pokémon and I'm still enjoying it :D
Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:22 AM).
Banned

Unofficially (since I stole it)
Around when Pokemon Emerald came out. I was at Wallmart with my parents and I went into the Electronics section to play the video game demo's. When I noticed the someone had left the video game case open........ I grabbed a gameboy advanced sp and a copy of emerald........... I shoved it in my pants and then rushed to find my parents and asked them for the car keys to chill in the car..... I ran to our car and busted open the gameboy and I put in the emerald game and I started playing it.......

Officially (I actually bought it)
I bought a Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon Black in 2012........... Lol
Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:52 AM).
Molly, you're cute ;)

Quote originally posted by Selvaria:
My Game Boy Colour was also green and my first game was also Yellow
Hey guess what? Same thing applies to me too!
I first started playing Yellow, which I got for Christmas in 1999, and got hooked on it almost instantly, but to much initial reluctance when I first opened it.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (12:03 PM).
Frozen Studios Exe.

Nature: Adamant
I started when back right when emerald was released, but i have always watched the show. so, here's what i did. i got pokemon blue, beat it, then red, beat it, then i bought all 3 hoenn games, beat them eventually, then moved onto gen 4, beat them, bought leaf green and fire red, then waited for black and white. wich i have beat, but i love B/W so much i got white, beat it, now i'm on Black. ^.^

Just wanted to say hi...

---------------------------------------------
Old March 5th, 2012 (01:43 AM).
I love Shaymin!!!

I'm not sure, I think it was maybe around 2005, playing on a friend's Red Version. The first game I actually owned was Diamond, but I've got no idea when I got that. Maybe 2008?
Diamond:2623 4487 5546

Gotta catch 'em all: 300/649
Old March 5th, 2012 (04:49 PM).

Nature: Calm
I was 8 years old and my cousin showed me his pokemon blue and I was hooked. I waited until my dad came home and we rushed out to Software etc to buy a Red and Blue copy. My addiction never faded. I bought EVERY game that came out for the handhelds
Old March 6th, 2012 (04:10 PM).

I started playing on my friends' Blue and Red versions right when they came out. I personally told my parents I wanted to wait for Yellow version to come out, and that was the first game I owned, and got it with the Pikachu edition game boy. I then bought Gold, Silver, Crystal, skipped Gen 3, then bought Diamond Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black and White. Bought the TCG, Pinball, Snap, Stadium, and rented Puzzle League. I have one of those mystery dungeon games, but don't really like it. I also tried Ranger and didn't like it. Might be that those games are for the younger demographic.
Old March 6th, 2012 (06:13 PM).

I started playing when my friend lent me his Blue version with an original huge Gameboy to raise some pokemon to battle him. I loved it but didn't get really hooked on it until I bought my very own gameboy colour with Pokemon Yellow. It was pretty much the only game I played on it. I loved Blue but Yellow was great because it had more colours and because Pikachu followed your sprite around <3 (colour with a U because i'm in Canada)
Old March 7th, 2012 (02:00 PM).

Around 2000, when I was three. I played my brother's Pokemon Blue, even though I couldn't read. I got a GBC and Pokemon Crystal when I was four, for my birthday which was a couple months after the release. I could read a little (Gist of the storyline) and I played it a TON. It took me a while to beat the Elite 4 but I just raised my Typhlosion until it got Flamethrower XD. Haven't stopped playing ever since.

3DS FC: 2707-1640-8864

Pokemon Platinum: 4555 6819 5335
Pokemon White: 2194 2656 2559

Trades R' Us
Old March 7th, 2012 (02:19 PM).
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

Nature: Quirky
Emerald, still love it to this day as you can see. The main thing that got me was a silly book of facts about the 1st gen pokemon....I was actualy given pokemon stadium 2 a bit before, but I don't count that, but thanks to that I was convinced gold and silver were still current....silly me.

Old March 31st, 2012 (10:52 AM).
Master of dark fire!!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadow21
I started playing them back when pokemon red and blue came out. Originally played pokemon blue on the GBP(Gameboy Pocket just in case no one remembers them) my sister had pokemon red and then we got pokemon yellow after that and i have played all of them since then(with the exception of pokemon leaf green).

Check out updates of some of the stuff in Pokémon Titanium and Pokemon Chromium on my deviantart http://darkness2118.deviantart.com/
Old April 1st, 2012 (08:30 PM).

My first game was pokemon blue I got it when I was 6 in 2000 I think. Oh boy did that game have me hooked. I would spend hours straight playing pokemon as a kid and still sometimes have a long session of pokemon nowadays.

Favorite generation had to be the second, even though I was pissed when my crystal save file got deleted after 120 hours of playtime on it
Old April 1st, 2012 (08:33 PM).
サトセレ

I first started playing in 2000, when Crystal just came out. (Ah, nostalgia is overcoming me...) Ever since then, I've gotten every single game except for Black/White.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old April 1st, 2012 (09:04 PM). Edited April 2nd, 2012 by thedestinedblade.
Radiant Cool Boy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
Pretty much since they games came out here near the end of 98'. One of my friends would never share his game so I asked my mom to buy me it (Red version of course); haven't looked back since, lol.
Old April 2nd, 2012 (12:34 AM).
★heroes
CS

Nature: Naive
I didn't start playing the games until I was 13 or something, and that was Yellow and Ruby, on a GBA. I do however remember watching my friends play Red/Blue when we were like 9. I played the TCG instead back then!
Old April 2nd, 2012 (03:58 AM).

I just started at 2010. That was HeartGold and I used a DS Lite. I think I knew that there was Pokemon before 2010 (one of my friends play it), but at that time I don't have any interest in Pokemon.
Old April 2nd, 2012 (06:31 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I'm kinda surprised that there are people who only started a couple of years ago when it's such a big title and been around for such along time, then again there are other games people enjoy playing.
I did get Blue in 1999 so that makes it 13 years this year.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (07:18 PM).
Battle Master
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Saw the Cartoon on Cheese TV in 97 (Aussie Kids show) bought blue, never looked back, they have all been my favourite to date at some point, but Gen IV, especially Platinum is my ultimate favourite.

Zeus
Old April 3rd, 2012 (08:58 PM).

Pokemon Fire Red. I still have one too, somehow they keep followin gme (this is copy #4... somehow I just keep getting them...). I don't remember how, but I manged to get a hold of a Crystal as well. But I gave it to my cousin ._.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (09:50 PM).
Cheese, for everyone!

I started when I was about 5 or 6. My Grandma had liked the gamecube and so she bought a gameboy and pokemon yellow to try those two out. She didn't like it and when I came over and started playing it, she happily allowed me to keep both items. My favorite gens as of now would either be 2 or 3.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (09:58 PM).
サトセレ

I remember... December of 1998 when I was 8. I got Pokémon Blue as a Christmas present. Ever since then, I've been hooked on the animé (older sagas) and most of the games. That day changed my whole life. I'm glad I got Pokémon Blue as a present instead of something else.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old April 3rd, 2012 (10:15 PM).
xooooo

i could not recall if it was 2001 or 2002, but the first time i started playing pokemon was with crystal.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (10:25 PM).
Emulation Noob

I remember looking for a new game and coming across Fire Red, so I started playing in around 2005.
But one of my friends used to play crystal and I stole his game for like a day, does that count? :p He got it when it came out and 'left' it at my place the same day.
Haha.

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old April 3rd, 2012 (11:54 PM). Edited April 4th, 2012 by Dave The Man.

I got Blue when I was 14-15. 1999 or 2000 I am not sure which year

Quote originally posted by ƑŲ₡₭ḮЙ Blue:
Unofficially (since I stole it)
Around when Pokemon Emerald came out. I was at Wallmart with my parents and I went into the Electronics section to play the video game demo's. When I noticed the someone had left the video game case open........ I grabbed a gameboy advanced sp and a copy of emerald........... I shoved it in my pants and then rushed to find my parents and asked them for the car keys to chill in the car..... I ran to our car and busted open the gameboy and I put in the emerald game and I started playing it.......
Hope the Cops did not Read this as you would be in Big Trouble over that Kid

Quote originally posted by Houndoomed:
Saw the Cartoon on Cheese TV in 97 (Aussie Kids show) bought blue, never looked back, they have all been my favourite to date at some point, but Gen IV, especially Platinum is my ultimate favourite.

Zeus
Yeah I remember Cheese TV and that is how I found out about it
Old April 4th, 2012 (01:35 AM).
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
I started playing the games around 1999. My aunt had pokemon red and blue which she let me borrow a lot and then I got pokemon yellow for christmas.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links