The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 29th, 2012, 02:02 AM
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

Nature: Jolly
Yes! More RPers are always welcome! It'll be interesting seeing how this all pans out, too.

And I'm just asking, but what is Mind Rage? I understand that Charge Tackle is most likely Volt Tackle, but this new move interests me.
Old April 29th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Rowigrath
Oh, just your average guy

Nature: Quiet
Mind Rage? It's a stat booster, kind of like psycho boost or cosmic power. it increase attack, sp. attack, and speed, but lowers sp. defense a bit. i made it up: hopefully it is acceptable.
And yes, I did mean Volt Tackle. Thank you for correcting me!
Old April 29th, 2012, 02:22 AM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
I see a potential for a hexagonal love puzzle now lol. Axel and Flight (mine) kinda like each other but then Ness (Final Master's) and Flight's been rather 'close' and Number (Night) might have feelings for Axel. Now with the new Infected Raichu things can be even more messier for the Emolga if she has to watch the two rodents fight xD And do spill about your ideas, Rowi! If you want it to be in private do PM me.

You're accepted!

Old April 29th, 2012, 02:28 AM
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Equinox| View Post
hexagonal love puzzle now lol.
Hexagonal? NOT ENOUGH. I DEMAND A LOVE RUBIK'S CUBE.
Old April 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM
|Equinox|

MORE LIKE TETRIX. IT WON'T STOP!!!!!

Old April 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Rowigrath

Thanks for accepting me. A love tetris? Sounds crazy to me, but I love crazy!
With that, maybe Raiou could get a bit distracted from his original plans. It could be a good twist: will Raiou stay true to his goal, or will another plan come into place?
So, I'm not really well-versed in RP's, so how does this work?
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Well, we sort of write up replies in turns. If there's like, three of us gathered in one place, it usually cycles between those three and those three don't need to wait before others reply, to write something for the other two they're with. Meaning that if you, Equi and Night were in one place and Final and I were in another, you only really needed to focus on replying after Equi and Night had done so, and not wait for me to post, since my character is nowhere near you and has nothing to do with what he's currently doing.

We also have the rule about not controlling other characters. Sure, you can do it for very minor things, like assuming they do something you feel the character -would- do, but it's often a good idea to ask them if it's okay first. You can pretty much bunny any NPC, save for the very important ones. Bunnying meaning controlling the characters other than your own

Uh... I suppose you should just write up an intro post about where Raiou is, why he's there and then what he'll do. A funny twist would be for him to cross paths with the humans and Snype who're at Cerulean Cape, searching for Axel under the suspicion of him being an infected! But that's just an idea :3 It's up to you.
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Rowigrath

Could you give me a briefing on everyone's locations and such? That will give me a good backround to start from. Most likely, he'll be where the action is, though!
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Alright, let's see... Axel and Number is up in Cerulean Cape. They just beat down an infected Rhydon. Hot on their heels are a couple of Army Pokémon and humans along with a wild one called Snype.

In the underground tunnel connection Cerulean to Vermillion is Flight, another infected, along with Ness, a wild Pokémon, and a whole bunch of army Pokémon and humans. All of the player-controlled army Pokémon are there, except for Number.

The infected are off in some non-descript plains, where they're about to fight Mew and try to bring him back to Deoxys who resides within Mt. Moon.

I... think that's about all of it. The army is moving towards Vermillion!
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Rowigrath

How's this? Raiou is on his way from Vermillion to Cerulean, and he bumps into Flight and Ness. He ignores their advice to go back to Vermillion and continues on his way.
From there... we'll have to wait and see!
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

That's an idea, but the main problem with that, is that Flight and Ness are with the army, and if they saw another infected, they might just blow it's brains out. yes, the humans have guns, and they're rather trigger happy

Plus, I think Greiger has some plans for what's going on at Vermillion, so you may wanna ask him about that first.
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Rowigrath

(I see... well then, I hope Greiger has something an Infected Raichu can do. I've been waiting for people to come around!)
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Okay guys, Gray has been lax on posting so I'll take the heat off of Somnus and the other chosen infected for now. Let it be known that there were many casualties from the battle with Mew so I'll be sure to find a place for you Rowigrath. If you have any questions after I post just be sure to shoot me another PM.
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Rowigrath

Alright, finally some action! Raiou is ready and rearin' to go!

The newest post by Greiger looks sweet! I hope I am one of those special Infected, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just finished my first post as Raiou, check it out and tell me what you think!

Last edited by Rowigrath; April 29th, 2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
The first post is pretty basic, but once you get more into the groove of thinking like your character they will get longer and more detailed. Now here's a question. Who's that pokemon... that Deoxys has already captured? It's a Legendary, but not Mew. For those who get it right they will receive a free cookie!
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
-Grayscale-
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Sorry man. Gotta get on here more often, you guys are all doing so great so fast!
Also I don't know the answer to the question above :C -fails-

Welcome to the infected by the way, Rowigrath. We are, in fact, the superior beings, and I'm happy you have chosen the right path in joining the revolution.

We need an electric-rat duel, pronto! >8U

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old April 29th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Rowigrath

Answer to Greiger's question: Possibly Celebi or Manaphy, prehaps?

And I agree, Grayscale... although, some of our comrades are not as suprerior as the rest of us, judging by the, I believe, crushed skulls over in the Unknown Plains!

Last edited by Rowigrath; April 29th, 2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:08 AM
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

Bastian, is it just me or are your posts constantly improving? That was awesome... also you should be glad Ness didn't power up that gun.
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Oh shucks ; I can't stand all of this praise, I'm going to get an ego, or something!
But thanks Final, it's appreciated I really just try to set the mood for things, make it as cinematic as possible. One of the things I like doing the most is not explain to those who read what my character is thinking, at least not in the details.

It gives it so much more oomph if the characters find out what's going on, along with the players, including simply letting someone know what another person or Pokémon thinks. It's just... how I'm used to RP'ing from back in my MMO days, I suppose! Suspense, mystery and uncertainty is all a good part of RP there.
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:33 AM
|Equinox|

It doesn't matter if you post less often in the main thread. As long as you're active! just saying~

Old April 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM
-Grayscale-
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Bastian has improved. By like, a ton. All his posts are longer and more fluent, and I can say the same for many other members here who are also putting devotion into the RP. Who knows, we might actually complete this if we continue to work at such a good pace...aha...

*Dreams about having one of my RPs finish*

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old April 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM
|Equinox|

-dreams about finishing my second RP- hey Gray, do you think I should return to Nocturnal or stay Equinox?

And we WILL finish this xD

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Rowigrath

Third post in finally. Sorry about the delay; had a baseball game yesterday.
Please tell me what I should do to improve the posts: all constructive criticismis appreciated.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:16 AM
FinalMaster
dededededededededededede

For a first time RPer, those are some pretty good posts. Just one thing though - overall most RPers tend to use past tense, for some reason. I use it because personally I find present tense just looks weird in text form, but I have no idea why other people do.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:40 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

It's really funny, because when I RP in MMOs, using emotes and such, everyone writes in present tense, so it's kind of odd moving from that, to using past tense, but I feel like I've done that fairly well. It's all about getting used to it, and I agree with Final's asessment
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links