Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Do you like this hack?
Yes. 10 83.33%
No. (PM me or comment why if you have a reason). 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 29th, 2014 (09:44 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by AeroMaster7.
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Pokemon Wonder Guard Version
(Emerald Hack)

*Note: Fakemon shown not available yet.*

Intro:
I'm AeroMaster7 (or BigBoss on PHO). This is my third attempt at a hack after a few years of taking a break. I decided to do something simple and start with a mod-like hack instead of a story hack (which is much harder especially if you're still getting back into hacking). I was active on PC for a while then left and decided to come back to hacking. Anyways enough about me let's get into the hack! :D

Description:
The storyline follows the same as Pokemon Emerald but the catch is that every Pokemon has Wonder Guard as an Ability instead of their normal Abilities. (Note: Wonder Guard Ability means that only “Super Effective” Moves Hit the foe). I know this sounds silly at first but my reason for creating this game was that so people could use a Randomizer or do Nuzlockes as a challenge not so that people would play it as is. Although you are more than welcome to play it as is too!

Version:
Beta X Release 4 (12/29/14)
Sorry for the wait.

Instructions:
Patch the .IPS file to a clean Pokemon Emerald ROM U.S. Edition. (Find it on your own). You can use LIPS or any other patching software (I used LIPS to make the .IPS).

Features/Additions:
Other than the fact that all the Pokemon do not have normal abilities I added some other things with the help of other hackers.

*Fairy Type along with other Fairy moves is now available (Thanks to LLCoolJ95 over at PC and his Emerald Base).
*Sylveon is now available (Thanks to Aethestode who is my inspiration). You can find it instead of the first In Game Trade. (Note: You CANNOT evolve Eevee into Sylveon and you cannot catch it in the wild due to a glitch.)
*Altered Movesets for some Pokemon (I know certain Pokemon do not learn certain moves but I did this in order for the game to be beatable).
*Difficulty increase makes the game somewhat harder but it is not fully complete.
*The starters from all 3 regions can be caught before you get to the first gym. (You’ll just have to find them).
*Evolution changes for Pokemon that need to Evolve through trading.
*Marts have different items.
*Event Tickets are purchasable at the Elite 4 (Note: See Glitch Section at bottom).
*DNS: There’s a Day and Night System Now.
*Altered Types on some Pokemon.
*Shedinja has more than 1HP to compensate.
*You get to battle me instead of Steven after you beat the game.
*Some other surprises you'll have to find on your own :D

Future Plans:
Thanks to fellow Emerald Hacker Hoenn this update will consist of his hack Expert Emerald as my hack's base. I plan to upload a final location sheet and evolution method sheet later.

Glitches:
These are glitches that I cannot resolve at the moment or that are minor enough to be left alone. If you encounter one not here let me know and I will add it. They descend in severity. (The lower you go the more serious).

Um there are some problems here but I can't find em all yet.

Some trainers have MissingNo. (Glitchmon) so I had to delete them, so if you encounter one that I missed let me know.
I deleted the first rival battle and the footprint guy so now once you get your first starter just go to Petalburg. They were causing too many glitches.
No Pokeballs in Oldale because of the two events I removed (May and the Footprint guy) Oops.
*Sylveon’s animation is somewhat glitchy.
*”THE END” Color Scheme is not correct (Not intending to fix this because it will cause more issues and it is not doing anything to harm the game play.)
*Sylveon has no Pokedex entry.
*Some Trainers are unbeatable without certain Pokemon or Moves. Therefore you need to save often and you may have to restart from your last save point.
*Some Pokemon do not evolve with modified evolutions for some reason. (Maybe it is the lack of the National Dex when I tested this but it can be another reason I do not know but it will be fixed as soon as someone confirms this for me). UNCONFIRMED
*If you encounter a Sylveon in the wild for what ever reason (maybe I did not fully remove it) DO NOT CAPTURE IT! Just run away or you will break your save. Only get the one in the In-Game Trade in Rustboro City.

Release Info:
Merged with Expert Emerald, added new area (don't worry you'll see it). V3

Fixed major glitch not allowing you to KO Zigzagoon. V3.5

Fixed Rival bug and everything should be working. V4

FAQ:
Q: This Pokemon doesn’t learn this move!
A:Read above.

Q:Help me I encountered a trainer I can’t beat!
A: Save often because this is a hard issue to fix. At the moment there is no solution other than for me to go back and edit every single trainer (which would delay the hack to the point that it will never be finished) or that you enter a cheat that allows you to run from a trainer battle (which I do not recommend) or just restart and quick save before battles.

Q:I can’t find this Pokemon?
A:I will do my best to add it but at the moment the only additional Pokemon you will find that are not normally in Emerald are the starters.

Q: Do you need beta testers?
A:If you do play the game you’re already a beta tester!

Q:Why doesn’t the Day and Night System work on my emulator?
A:Just Enable RTC in whatever emulator you use. (This does not need to be done in Android or iOS emulators unless specified.)

Q:What’s the point of this hack?
A:I made a hack that I like and it’s a challenge hack more so than a story hack.

Q:If I catch Sableye will I be invincible because he has no weakness in Gen 3?
A: Nope There's Fairy Type to balance it out so no one is invincible.

Screenshots:

Downloads:
Beta X Release 4 Below in the attachments.

The Team:
Just me at the moment

SPECIAL THANKS
Aethestode: My mentor and inspiration who created the Pokemon Adventure Hack Series.
LLCoolJ95: For creating the Pokemon Emerald Fairy Base which my ROM Hack is made from over at PC.
HackMew(3): For all the tools he created that I used.
KarateKid552: Without him this hack literally would not be possible because of all his contributions to the hacking community and all the tools he created that I used.
Hoenn-He has allowed me to use Expert Emerald as a Base so in the next update there will be a lot more progress.

Side Note On Randomizer:
You're welcome to use any randomizer but I suggest not Randomizing the Abilities (Duh!) and the In-Game Trades because you will not be able to get Sylveon that way.

TWO VERSIONS
The Version with the date is X (it has Expert Emerald) but more glitches.

The Version with no date at the moment is my original version with very little edits (other than Wonder Guard) and it is designed for people who want to use randomizers.

Suggestions or Comments:
Let me know if you have any ideas, improvements, comments, or concerns! :D

Post Note:
Fixed Black Screen Error

Next Update Will Include
Various Add-Ons and fixes
In the process of making a Fire Red Version. Still Alpha.
Update Postponed until late February early March.
Attached Images
File Type: png title.png‎ (40.8 KB, 893 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg screens.jpg‎ (36.0 KB, 911 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon WGX 12-29-14.ips‎ (135.9 KB, 16 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: ips Pokemon WG (For Randomizers).ips‎ (20.3 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old September 30th, 2014 (02:06 AM).
Aruaruu

Interesting idea.

Quote originally posted by AeroMaster7:
*If you buy the Event Tickets from the Pokemon Center at the E4 they will not work! (I have yet to resolve this but I will soon).
Code:
setflag 0x8B3 'eon ticket
setflag 0x8E0 'mystic ticket
setflag 0x8D6 'old sea map
setflag 0x8D5 'aurora ticket
Make a script that includes these flags somewhere.

Spoiler:
I recommend making a script that includes giving the player the event tickets (and including the above setflags) instead of having them sold at a store.
You don't have to of course. Just thought it may make it a little cleaner
Old September 30th, 2014 (05:05 AM).
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by Aruaruu:
Interesting idea.

Code:
setflag 0x8B3 'eon ticket
setflag 0x8E0 'mystic ticket
setflag 0x8D6 'old sea map
setflag 0x8D5 'aurora ticket
Make a script that includes these flags somewhere.

Spoiler:
I recommend making a script that includes giving the player the event tickets (and including the above setflags) instead of having them sold at a store.
You don't have to of course. Just thought it may make it a little cleaner
That's a good idea (but I am horrible at scripting so I tried to avoid it). If anything I'll make it that you find it in a hidden location and see if it works that way if I can't get the script to work.
Old October 8th, 2014 (03:37 AM). Edited October 8th, 2014 by AeroMaster7.
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Updated to Beta X. Check OP for Details. (This is an update post not double post).
Old October 8th, 2014 (09:09 AM).
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Did you add Sylveon without replacing any of the 386 pre-existing Pokemon? If yes, you should add these Pokemon too:
Spoiler:
Budew
Roserade
Ambipom
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Munchlax
Mantyke
Weavile
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Tangrowth
Electivire
Magmortar
Togekiss
Yanmega
Leafeon
Glaceon
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Porygon-Z
Gallade
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass

Also, you should implement the physical/special split from the fourth generation if you can. If you can't, you could alter the base stats of some Pokemon to compensate for it.

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old October 8th, 2014 (09:16 AM).
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by classiccartoonsftw:
Did you add Sylveon without replacing any of the 386 pre-existing Pokemon? If yes, you should add these Pokemon too:
Spoiler:
Budew
Roserade
Ambipom
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Munchlax
Mantyke
Weavile
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Tangrowth
Electivire
Magmortar
Togekiss
Yanmega
Leafeon
Glaceon
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Porygon-Z
Gallade
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass

Also, you should implement the physical/special split from the fourth generation if you can. If you can't, you could alter the base stats of some Pokemon to compensate for it.
Hi I did not yet implement more Pokemon but I do intend to but without overriding the current 386. Right now only Sylveon was added (but no Pokedex Entry yet). I did this by erasing the 25 MissingNo's between Celebi and Treeko. So I have 24 left and I will probably add some next gen Pokemon as well as my own creations. As far as the physical and special split goes yes with the help of Hoenn there is (as far as I know) a split. At moment I'd like to find a way how to expand the 25 slots without erasing the current 386 but I have no clue so until I do I only have the 24. Thank you so much for the suggestion and I will do my best to do so. And of course if you anymore ideas let me know
Old October 19th, 2014 (08:44 AM).
jstolze

Hey did you take out all the normal type attacks in the game? (Body slam, Tackle) because it's useless in this game since normal doesn't affect anything with wonder guard.
Old October 19th, 2014 (08:48 AM).
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by jstolze:
Hey did you take out all the normal type attacks in the game? (Body slam, Tackle) because it's useless in this game since normal doesn't affect anything with wonder guard.
Hi no I didn't but you do have a valid point. I wanted to make it super effective against either fairy or something but I don't really know how since I used LLCoolJ96's Fairy patch which isn't really edit-able. I will figure something out later on but for now I only removed Growl Leer and some other stat move for fairy moves.
Old October 20th, 2014 (09:36 AM).
jstolze

So I tried using am Emerald Randomizer on this hack, and it worked until I went in battle with my rival (1st time), then it was just a black screen before the battle even started...

I'll test and see if this has to do with the randomizer itself or if it's a problem on my emulator (GPSP). Have you tested the rival battle personally?
Old October 20th, 2014 (09:41 AM).
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

So I tried using am Emerald Randomizer on this hack, and it worked until I went in battle with my rival (1st time), then it was just a black screen before the battle even started...

I'll test and see if this has to do with the randomizer itself or if it's a problem on my emulator (GPSP). Have you tested the rival battle personally?
Hi I'm sorry to hear that. I have tested it without a randomizer and it worked but not on GPSP because I do not have an iPhone. If you can PM me the randomizer you used I can see the issue or a copy of the .IPS after you applied the randomizer along with all the settings. I have a suspicion it maybe Sylveon causing the problem because the Rival may have it after the randomization but I will have to check on it. Thanks for the report and please let me know any other issues if you encounter them.
Old October 20th, 2014 (10:13 AM).
jstolze

Hi I'm sorry to hear that. I have tested it without a randomizer and it worked but not on GPSP because I do not have an iPhone. If you can PM me the randomizer you used I can see the issue or a copy of the .IPS after you applied the randomizer along with all the settings. I have a suspicion it maybe Sylveon causing the problem because the Rival may have it after the randomization but I will have to check on it. Thanks for the report and please let me know any other issues if you encounter them.
I appreciate the speedy reply. Here's an ips file of the game. Note, I also changed all the normal type attacks in move editor to another type to make them useful.
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon WG Version 3.0.ips‎ (140.8 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 20th, 2014 (10:15 AM).
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

I appreciate the speedy reply. Here's an ips file of the game. Note, I also changed all the normal type attacks in move editor to another type to make them useful.
Thanks I will look it over but since I have college I will probably not get to it until the weekend (I apologize)
Old October 20th, 2014 (10:58 AM).
jstolze

There's no need to apologize. It's your game, your time. I appreciate the help though!
Old October 21st, 2014 (09:28 AM).
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

There's no need to apologize. It's your game, your time. I appreciate the help though!
Okay I dissected the .IPS you sent me and I'm sorry to tell you I have no idea why the screen freezes but I have found out something. Your rival has Delcatty so it isn't because of Sylveon. But the randomizer you used is somewhat chaotic. The Pokemon that mauls Birch in the intro is not beatable with the starters. Also some trainers have MissingNo's instead of real Pokemon. I suggest using a different randomizer such as this one http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/ or one that is not volatile. I really wish I could figure out why this happened but I do not know. It could also be a bad patch but again I don't know. I will try my best if this is your only randomizer.
Old October 21st, 2014 (10:51 AM).
jstolze

Okay I dissected the .IPS you sent me and I'm sorry to tell you I have no idea why the screen freezes but I have found out something. Your rival has Delcatty so it isn't because of Sylveon. But the randomizer you used is somewhat chaotic. The Pokemon that mauls Birch in the intro is not beatable with the starters. Also some trainers have MissingNo's instead of real Pokemon. I suggest using a different randomizer such as this one http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/ or one that is not volatile. I really wish I could figure out why this happened but I do not know. It could also be a bad patch but again I don't know. I will try my best if this is your only randomizer.

It's weird because that was the first randomizer I tried, but after trying to save it with the changes, it said an error occurred and couldn't save. I then tried the Emerald randomizer, and that's what froze it. You mentioned it could be my emerald rom. Can you post the MD5 of the base to the emerald GBA file you used?
Old October 21st, 2014 (10:54 AM). Edited December 29th, 2014 by Spherical Ice.
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

It's weird because that was the first randomizer I tried, but after trying to save it with the changes, it said an error occurred and couldn't save. I then tried the Emerald randomizer, and that's what froze it. You mentioned it could be my emerald rom. Can you post the MD5 of the base to the emerald GBA file you used?
It's my own personal rip but I do not know how to get the .MD5 label. If you know a program to do so let me know and I'll send you it. Also you'll have this problem with the randomizer you used no matter what file you use. It's the randomizer not the file. Or so I believe haha.

Sorry for the lack of update but I promise that hopefully by next week I can fix the E4 Mart and find something else to add :D
Old November 4th, 2014 (12:58 PM).
Falkbalk

Nature: Bold
I recieved a black screen after trying to battle my rival, what should I do?

Edit: Not playing a randomizer
Old November 4th, 2014 (12:59 PM).
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by Falkbalk:
I recieved a black screen after trying to battle my rival, what should I do?

Edit: Not playing a randomizer
I'll look into it most likely it is either the base that you used or a problem on my end. I will look into it. (Thanks for the bug report)
Old November 5th, 2014 (04:35 AM).
Falkbalk

Nature: Bold
I'll look into it most likely it is either the base that you used or a problem on my end. I will look into it. (Thanks for the bug report)
Thank you, and you're welcome
Old December 28th, 2014 (11:07 PM). Edited December 29th, 2014 by AeroMaster7.
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Updated with 2 versions and fixed glitches (12/29/14)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links