The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva

The Official PokéCommunity Adoption Center!★

Introduction - Feelin' Lost?

Oh, you can bet you're not the first! PC (PokéCommunity) is pretty great for providing you with the most up-to-date discussions on the newest games, best competitive strategies for beating all your friends, ROM hacking methods, and even how to make your own sprites! But, it can be veeeery disorientating and confusing when you're first startin' out. Lucky for you, PC isn't only one of the largest Pokémon forums, we're also the friendliest! Here you can actually find yourself a mentor that will take you under their wing and show you what this place really has to offer! Not to mention it's a quick way to make your first friend here!

I'm intrigued. How does that work?

Glad you asked! If you're new and want to find yourself a mentor, please do go ahead and post in this thread. Just tell us a little about what you're looking to get out of this community, and what you want out of a mentor. We've provided a template to make this easier, although it is not required:

1) What boards are you most interested in?
2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?

To be considered as a mentee (or a new member), you must be active for less than two months -or- have less than 99 posts.

The list of mentors can be found at this thread!

This Thread!~

In order to keep this thread organized, we're gonna try and keep idle chit-chat to a bear minimum in the thread. Please encourage new members to use PM and VMs to communicate with you. When posting in this thread, be sure that both the New Users/Welcome rules, as well as the Global PokeCommunity Rules apply.

What can be posted here:
~Asking for a mentor
~Directing new members to a suitable mentor
~Offering to be a new member's mentor [only if you're on the list]

What cannot be posted here:
~Introductions (If you want to introduce yourself, to make a new thread we go!)
~Spam (it’s not 20% cooler)

I found a mentor/I have adopted a new member, now what guys?

Now, one of you can post in the thread stating that you've found a mentor and/or you have become a mentor for a new member. This is only truly necessary if you made a post asking to find a mentor. That way we know to stop making suggestions and move on to the next pair-up!

Hey guys! I wanna be a mentor too!

Becoming a mentor is somewhat of a responsibility, and we reserve these positions for those members who we consider active, and who we believe will benefit our new members best. For that reason, there is an application process, and we will be using personal discretion in selecting new mentors. Listed below you will find the rules for application as well as the template. If you qualify and you wish to participate, then by all means fill out the template (inside the spoiler) and send Megan or Snivy a Private Message.

Read this announcement for more information on mentorship. We are currently recruiting mentors for various sections.

Requirements for Becoming a Mentor:
~You must have been a member for at least three months (90 days from your join date)
~You must have little-to-no infractions (old infractions will be investigated)
~You must have made a post nearly every day for the last thirty days to prove activity (This will obviously be subjective)

1) What time zone do you reside in?
2) What board(s) of PC do you frequent?
3) How long have you been posting there?
4) Have you contributed to said board(s) in some way? If so, how?
5) Why do you want to be a Mentor?
6) How will you help make the PC Adoption Center a success?

**By submitting this application you understand that the positions are limited in scope, and you may be put on a waiting list. You also agree that becoming a mentor is up to PC Staff discretion, and that you may also be removed at any time if you are deemed either inactive or unsupportive in your role.

Credits: Thread – Hiidoran, CSS/Additional Details & Touches – Meganium90

Last edited by Minerva; May 6th, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Minerva

List of Official Mentors!

Below are a list of mentors for you to choose from, based on your interests! Many of these mentors are more than happy to help you with what you specifically signed up for. Whether you'd want someone to show you how to trade and/or battle with other members? Maybe you'd like to have a sweet debate about a certain topic? Pretty much ANYTHING. All mentors are experienced members of PC, and they will be more than happy to show you around the basics of PC!

If you'd like to know more about our lovely mentors, click on the spoilers! :)

Updated May 6, 2012

Meganium90 - Global | Alternate [Available]
Spoiler:
Heya new members! I’d like to extend a warm welcome from myself to you to the PokeCommunity. :D My name is Meganium, but feel free to call me Megan for short! I’m 21 years old, and I reside in Mexico (despite my location lmao). I’ve been a member of this lovely community for 1 ½ years, while I’ve been a moderator for roughly 10 months now. The PokeCommunity, in my perspective, is a wonderful community, and the people here are oh-so amazing. I like Technology, My Little Pony, Angry Birds, music, food, and animals. I am also a gamer too! I'm a huge fan of shooter games, and Super Mario. :3

I’m mostly a lurker in all areas of the community, but I do know my way around in all sections. You are more likely to see me actively posting in Computers & Technology, General Pokemon Gaming, Other Voting Polls, Pokemon Clubs, and General Pokemon Gaming Discussions. Most of all, you will see me posting a ton in my current home, New Users/Welcome. My first area of exploring when I joined PC was ROM Hacking, and to this day I am still that one lurker. I know my way around every section, so if you have a question about a certain section or anything about the forums, you are more than welcome to ask me!

Snivy063 - Global | Alternate [Not Available]
Spoiler:

Hello there! I'm Snivy063 but you can call me Teezee instead. I've been on PokeCommunity for almost four months now and still going strong. You'll probably find me in NU/W and Pokemon Clubs usually welcoming members,participating into different discussions and just generally wandering around. I'll also be lurking around the forums quite a lot. I may not post that much everywhere, but I do check almost every single forum section daily.

I'm not actually that serious of a person, I like to joke around and laugh. Being uptight and formal just isn't something that suits me. I'd much rather just enjoy all the things people do and laugh with them. I'm a person who enjoys company and who enjoys having fun, so if you see me somewhere around the board feel free to come in my profile and chat. Or feel free to try and poke me on IRC, though I'll poke you back too. ^^

Additionally, I have a huge obsession with blood :>

Forever - Black & White, Competitive Battling Center, Black 2 & White 2 [Available]
Adopted: tj4bigred

Spoiler:
Hi I'm Forever! Call me Nica if you desire, etc. :3 Well that's like my nickname, soooo yeah! Uhhhh since you wanna know about me, here's some "fun" facts! I live with my grandparents, I love Glee & Desperate Housewives, I've had lots of pets in my life and I currently have a dog, fish and birds, aka all very amazing. I have a lot more about me that you'll eventually find out! OH I LOVE HERDIER. IMPORTANT FACT THERE. I'm also sorta crazy/weird, which... sort of suits the two sections I cover in mentoring! Those two being Black and White, as well as Competitive Battling Center. I guess I'll explain my involvement in the sections! Okay so for Black and White, I've been a moderator there since August 2010. I'm obsessed with the games - I've literally restarted Black like about 20 times (for reasons :3) and I've had three proper playthroughs, 2 on Black, 1 on White. White is my primary game, I know basically everything there is to know about Black and White AND I have two level 100 Pokemon in Black from Unova right now!! /soproud. Plus I also completed Unova dex--okay moving on. I've only been active in Competitive Battling Center since about August 2011, aka I've only been battling competitively since around then and right now I have a pretty good grasp of what works in OU and what doesn't, etc. I kinda suck at other tiers and I'm not great dealing with volturning (then again who is?) but I can build a team to cover a certain Pokemon's weaknesses okay imo. EITHER WAY. Both sections are amazing and you will love them both and--right more about myself. I've been a PC member since 2005 so I have lots of experience here, so other than just those areas I can also help you out with any questions about the forum you have. :33 I think that's all!!

bobandbill - 4th Generation Gaming, General Pokemon Gaming, Fanfiction & Writing [Available]
Adopted: Newton, ZeroCracked

Spoiler:
I've joined PC for fanfics originally back in 2008 and have written, read, beta-read and reviewed fics since 2007 in my spare time as well as help judge a number of PC writing competitions, so I feel I have a fair bit of experience now. I'm also one of the current two mods of the Fan Fiction and Writing sections and subsections, and run the Beta Place system. I like to help out and give advice to new writers on their work; often reviews I make touch on stuff I thought was good and what I felt could be improved and how so.

I'm the current moderator of the 4th Generation Games section after modding the former HGSS section since prior to their Japanese releases, and have played both HGSS and DPPt extensively. I know more than I should about the Pokemon games in general as well and so am often reading and commenting on threads in the gaming discussion sections.

As for myself, I'm an twenty year old Aussie who mods multiple Pokemon forums while teaching karate and studying science at uni and a strong love for pastries, whose first experience with Pokemon was a modest amount of trading cards and Silver. I have been trapped ever since! Fairly easy going I suppose as long as you're reasonable too, and happy to help others with questions and requests I'm able to help with.

Sydian - General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges [Available]
Adopted: cyndaqwilfish:)

Spoiler:
Herro! Name's Sydian, but most people just call me Syd. I've been on PC for about four years and a mod in GPGD for a little over two. I'm also a Leo and enjoy long walks on the beach. Just kidding. I hate the beach. Anyway, I'm an easy going person and I'd love to mentor those that have interest in Pokemon games collectively, the older games, or, my personal favorite, challenges. So yeah. ...Bye?

PlatinumDude - Competitive Battling Center [Available]
Spoiler:
Hey, guys; this is PlatinumDude. I'm 18 and currently a senior in high school.

I don't remember exactly when I got into Pokemon, but I do remember getting into it by watching the show and collecting the cards. I didn't play the video games until I was in 4th grade. Right now, the video games are my way of enjoying the franchise, but I still catch up to the show every now and then.

Outside of Pokemon, I watch several other anime shows, including Naruto, Bleach and Yu-Gi-Oh. Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh, I still collect the cards, even though I don't play the game itself as much outside of the video games (yes, there are Yu-Gi-Oh video games out there) because I can't find anyone to play the game with. D:

As the tutor of the Competitive Battling Center, I'll try my best to teach you the basics of competitive battling, like EVs, movesets and building teams. Some of the concepts may be hard at first, but you'll eventually get used to it.

Well then, that's it for me. If you have some questions, feel free to VM me!

TwilightBlade - Trade Corner [Available]
Spoiler:
Heya, I'm TwilightBlade! Most call me Blade. Nope, I am not scary at all. I'm very sweet. I'm also an animal lover, graphics maker, girl gamer, and university student. I'm a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan. As for anime, I love Code Geass, Guilty Crown, and Pandora Hearts. I'm not big on manga or fanfics in general. You can read a lot about my personality in my About Me section. I'm a little random, haha!

I currently moderate Trade Corner. I've been involved in the trading community since May 2007. I've done over 7000 Wi-Fi trades. I own just about all the main Pokemon games. I have extensive knowledge of EV training, IV breeding, Hack Checking, RNG abusing, CSS coding, etc. Not sure what some of those aspects means? I will gladly teach you some important attributes of Pokemon trading. I can help you make awesome trade shops and help you get valuable Pokemon. I'm also available in the #tradecorner IRC channel for live assistance.

Toujours - Pokemon General [Available]
Spoiler:
Hi there I'm Toujours! I'm on PC pretty much every day, and try to spread myself around the forum a bunch. I'm the moderator of Pokemon General so I know that section really well of course, but I'm also a HUGE fan of Black and White so that section is near and dear to my heart. Outside of those two I also spend quite a bit of time in the serious debates in the Other Chat section, that can to anything from internet censorship, to new laws that affect our world today, to the banning of alcohol and welfare. I'm also very big on the irc (chat channel) on PC, so if you're interested in chatting I'll be there whenever I'm at my computer.

Outside of PC, I enjoy programming and writing poetry mostly. I live in Midwestern US where I go to college, but my permanent home is on the East Coast. I love MMORPGs to death and more than anything online just enjoy talking to people. My general interests include bacon, the smell of gasoline, and being completely inappropriate most of the time.

If you feel like that sounds like a good fit for you, great! If not, feel free to drop me a VM anytime, we can still be friends :3

BinaryPeaches - Pokemon Trivia, Other Trivia [Available]
Spoiler:
Hello! My name is BinaryPeaches, but you may call me Tara. I've been a member of PokeCommunity since July of 2008, but it wasn't until May-June of 2009 when I really became active, and wounded up in one of the two sections I mod: Other Trivia. Since then, I've also found myself wound up in the other place I moderate: Pokemon Trivia. Since September of 2010, I've been Moderator of Pokemon Trivia, and since October of 2010 I've been Moderator of Other Trivia! That said, feel free to come ask me any questions that you have about the trivia sections, PokeCommunity in general, or even hit me up with a casual conversation! I'm a fan of many things, including Naruto, Detective Conan, Ace Attorney, and my all time favorite series (also known as 'My Bible) Tales of Symphonia! I don't bite, promise!

AlexOzzyCake - Pokemon Clubs[Not Available - Absent]
Spoiler:
Hi, I'm AlexOzzyCake but feel free call me Ozzy. I first joined the community whilst searching for some new friends that shared my interests, but it ended up becoming so much more than that! I mainly post in the Pokemon based sections since I'm a true Pokefan at heart, but the other sections can be very interesting to read through too. The main section I post in is Pokemon Clubs - an area full of friendly and welcoming Pokemon based fan clubs for everyone to join and make friends in. I also hang out a lot in the Pokemon Trivia section which is great for relaxing, and occasionally the battle and trade sections too for a bit of competitive fun. Other than Pokemon, I also love guitar, cooking and squirrels, as well as helping people as much as possible. So that's me in a nutshell, bye!

donavannj - Pokemon Trading Card Game [Available]
Spoiler:
I am a 21 year old college graduate who spends his free time reading, playing video games, browsing the internet, or going to nerdy shops to buy nerdy things.

I have been a regular at the TCG section of PC for the past 3 years, seeing it go through its ups and downs before becoming moderator there this past August. I am a collector of the cards and do like to play as well. Though the TCG isn't my only hobby!

Abnegation - Art Gallery, Game Development [Available]
Adopted: Whimsyful
Spoiler:
Hi there, my name is Gavin. I've been a member of this community for a few years now, and have been on the staff on two occasions for most of my active time also! If you are interested in knowing the sections I look after they are; Graphics & Photography, Competitions and Game Development. I am pretty out-going, insightful when I want to be, and I'm always really eager to help.

I am an artist of sorts, I say this because I follow many mediums such as graphic art, photography, drawing, pixel art, digital illustration and more, as well as being a game developer. I guess you could say I have a lot of interests! As your mentor, I will be helping you find your way around PC a lot more easily, and helping you start up some galleries and any other relevant threads you need help with.

No matter what it is, no matter what you want to experience on PC, you can let me know and I can help to put you on the right path to achieving the most out of your time here!

PkMnTrainer Yellow - Roleplay Corner
Spoiler:
Bio coming soon!

Miss Doronjo - Roleplay Corner [Not Available]
Adopted: Adventurousguy13, OtakuKhaos

Spoiler:
Hello, my name is Miss Doronjo! Actually it Shawn, but most people call me Doronjo anyhow. In any case my young friends, I am an ecstatic, eccentric, and joyous individual who would love to tell and show you all about the Roleplay Corner. First, I should tell you why I love the Roleplay Corner; roleplaying is amazing. It allows you to express yourself, showing off your overall creativity by acting as an ideal character, in your own little tale. I myself, go for the more comical aspects and try to make my roleplay stories funny for all to enjoy. <3

As for other interests, I really love Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney. Its a really fun game; if you haven't heard of it, I recommend you try it out sometime! I'm also an anime fan; my favourite animes are Soul Eater, The Slayers, ToA, ToS, and Fairy Tail. So, you know, if you want to talk about anime, or your favourite video games as well, I'm your guy. <3

I've been in PC for about 1 1/2 years, though I did make some accomplishments here. For one thing, I was a moderator for quite sometime, until I decided to quit for work and school related reasons. So, you know, if you have a question about the rules as well, you can ask me, and I'll try to answer with the best of my ability. But yeah, other than that, I'm just a average user who would like to have a fun time!

Astinus - Fanfiction & Writing [Available]
Spoiler:
I'm Astinus, though I do go by "Hunter" if my username is too difficult to spell. I've been a writer for as long as I can remember and an active member of the fanfiction community since 2003, starting on other sites to see how the fandom is. When I joined PC in 2006, Fanfiction and Writing became my home section. I've been the moderator of that section since 2007, taking a lead in changing that forum to how it is today. Although, I should note that I've currently been focusing more on my own writing than reviewing, but I'm willing to talk fics at any time!

dragon456 - Emulation [Available]
Adopted: MidnightShine, ForeverYoung, Perezoso

Spoiler:
Hi guys! I'm dragon456, but most people here call me 'Dragon.' One of my many interests and hobbies would have to be ROM Hacking, since I've been doing it for almost two years now. My best skill at ROM Hacking would have to be Scripting, though, as I love messing with codes and such. If there's anything you need to know or any problem you wish to solve involving ROM Hacking, I'd be more than glad to help ya out!

DrFuji - Emulation [Not Available]
Adopted: 7highstraight, MattyJ
Spoiler:
Coming soon!

SwiftSign - Emulation [Available]
Adopted: mudkipftw91, beyblader77

Spoiler:
Hi there! I'm SwiftSign, or Swift, or whatever you'd like to call me really. I've been roaming around PC's ROM Hacking and Emulation forums for years now and have gotten to know my way around the place pretty well. If you're looking into being a ROM Hacker then I may be your perfect match; I have experience in Mapping, Tile Insertion, Scripting, Hex-Editing and many other skills necessary. You may see me answering questions around the scripting help thread, I'm always willing to help someone out if they ask nicely.

Hybrid Trainer - Technology & Media [Available]
Adopted: ScarletFlygon

Spoiler:
Hey guys I’m Hybrid Trainer, but you can call me David. I’m 17 and I’m currently studying graphic and product design as well as ICT at A level. I’ve been here on PokéCommunity for about three years on and off. I first joined here for all the tutorials that are floating about the place but I stayed for the community. I’ve settled in nicely in the Computer and Technology section thanks to my general geekiness and interest in the subject, chances are if I don’t know about it then I’m more than willing to learn it. I also like to check out the Off-Topic section quite a lot as well so I can try to get to know the rest of the community better. That’s all you need to know, bye for now!

Captain Fabio - Technology & Media [Available]
Adopted: Signal : Zero

Spoiler:
Hello everyone,

My name is Captain Fabio, but you can call me Fabz for short.
I have been a member of PokeCommunity a long time, nearly 6 years. I have had good times here and the reason I am a part of this Adopt-A-Newbie, is because I want to show the little ones that PC is a wonderful place to be.

I have been a Moderator for nearly a year, but it feels much longer, in the good way. The board that I moderate is Video Games, as they have been a big part of my life for a long time.

A bit of a background. I am 22, a graduate of University and I live ye' old England. I am pretty laid back, easy going and... I am making this sound like a 'lonely adverts' ad! Haha.

At times, I might seem a little scary to talk to, but don't be afraid, I don't bite, honest! You are more than welcome to talk to me via PM, VM and MSN. Feel free to talk to me on any form of IM.

I hope to talk to many of you and welcome to PC!

Razor Leaf - Off Topic [Available]
Adopted: Chibi Et Random

Spoiler:
Hi, I'm Razor Leaf! I'm 17, male, and living in England. I applied to be a mentor mainly because I like helping people out, especially when they're not too sure of what to do around here, as I was when I joined. I like meeting new people too! I'm almost always interested in what you've got to say, so I saw this as a good opportunity to interact with more members who I otherwise wouldn't have the chance to meet.

On PokéCommunity, I regularly visit a number of non-Pokémon sections. These include Culture & Media, Other Voting Polls and Other Chat where I'm one of two moderators. I also read threads in Other Clubs regularly and sometimes play games in Other Trivia. I've always visited these sections, since I joined to talk to people rather than to discuss Pokémon, so I know them pretty well and if you're thinking of expanding out into those sections of the community then I'll be a good person to help you out!

I might as well as talk about my offline life a bit too. I'm generally a very social and outgoing person always up for trying new things and meeting new people. I don't play video games or watch TV much, but if you want to talk about music then I'm your man. I've been playing guitar for 10 years, keyboard for just over one year, and I'm into a wide variety of genres so we'll probably share some common ground. Sports are also an interest of mine, especially football (soccer). I've got a nerdy side too; biology and chemistry are awesome!

So, if this sounds interesting to you, then I'd love to be your mentor! And if not then feel free to drop in for a chat anyway! Take care.

Shining Raichu - Off Topic, Culture & Media [Available]
Adopted: Lozz, Dirk

Spoiler:
Hey guys!

I’m Shining Raichu, but you can call me Andy. So, I guess if you’re gonna want me to be your mentor, you should know a little about me first! I’m a 21-year-old guy from Australia. I’m a huge TV and movie nut and a lot of my life experience and frame of reference comes from watching either or both of those. I also love lemon meringue pie. That is not at all relevant unless you want to give me lemon meringue pie. Then I am yours forever.

As for my sections, I’m more of an off-topic discussion guy myself. My love for Pokemon is always there, but it’s not why I keep coming back, so you’ll often find me in Other Chat (where the srs bsns discussions go down), Other Clubs (where I own two clubs – The wildly successful LGBT Club and the less-successful-but-still-awesome Atheist Alliance), Other Voting Polls (which is really the section where everybody gets to know everything about each other – I am a moderator of that section) and Culture & Media (where I get to talk about my beloved TV and movies!)

So if you think you’d be spending a fair amount of time in any of those sections and want me to be your mentor, PICK ME PICK ME! If you’re hardcore into competitive battling, ROM Hacking or game development, I’d be worse than useless to you as a mentor, but I’m always happy to talk to anybody so don’t be scared to introduce yourself!

Last edited by Minerva; May 5th, 2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: new mentors!
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
Don't worry people, we don't bite! ;D

Think of it as having a new friend to show you around. Just like if you transferred to a new school, you might have someone show you around and such! :)
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
BZW Golem
Conspirator~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BZW Golem
Everything related to pokemon games ( that would be "Current Generation Pokémon Gaming" & "General Pokémon Gaming Discussions" ) + clubs (both Pokemon Clubs and Other Clubs).

Erm.. the same ones as listed above xD
But I guess that the clubs here are something I have a bigger problem understanding right now "

Of course, If a topic interests me and I have something to say.. then I will post It.

Not really, just have fun :3

From the descriptions I guess... AlexOzzyCake?
Spoiler:

None at the moment, but Mac rules, just saying.
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Minerva

Yeah, based on your template, you're interested in Pokemon Clubs. :D Our very own moderator/mentor AlexOzzyCake would be more than happy to mentor you in that section!

He'll come by shortly to contact you. :3
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZW Golem View Post
Everything related to pokemon games ( that would be "Current Generation Pokémon Gaming" & "General Pokémon Gaming Discussions" ) + clubs (both Pokemon Clubs and Other Clubs).

Erm.. the same ones as listed above xD
But I guess that the clubs here are something I have a bigger problem understanding right now ^^"

Of course, If a topic interests me and I have something to say.. then I will post It.

Not really, just have fun :3

From the descriptions I guess... AlexOzzyCake?
Spoiler:
Sounds like you're mine! ;D I'll send you a message now. ^^
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Congratulations to BZW Golem for being the first person to join the scheme!

Hope you are the first of many! :D
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
I expected more of a mentor fight over the first new member to sign up.

POKEMON GENERAL IS THE BEST COME TALK TO MEEEEE
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
I don't want a mentor fight, I want a mentee fight. I want to be fought over. ;) jk

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:41 AM
MediocreSong
Who's that Pokemon!?

Nature: Relaxed
I am interested in the Metal and Color Generation boards, Advance Generation Games and everything in the Art Gallery
I would like to find out about the Role Play section as that seems like something I could get interested in
Definitely. If I see a post posing a question I have an opinion on, I will more than likely reply.
I'm looking to try and get back into doing different things with pixel art as well as generally getting up to my eyeballs in Pokémon discussion
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Minerva

I see you're interested in a variety of forums here, and 5 of the mentors are willing to help you out (that is, if anyone posts here first!)

Since you're interested in the older generation gaming, your best choice would be Syd or Bob. For Roleplay, Roswell or Miss Doronjo, and for the Art Gallery, Abnegation.

Whichever, any of the 5 mentors I mentioned are more than happy to mentor you, and one will come here shortly!
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
SirDevin
PokéKnight

[SIZE="a"]Hi everyone I'm lookin for a mentor about forums cuz this is my first ever an black an white an trade plz contact me some how if you can mentor me. Thank you =)[/SIZE]
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Minerva

Hi there SirDevin! Forever or Elite Four Lucian would be more than happy to mentor you throughout your stay at PC! Since you're more interested in B/W (based on your profile), then Forever would be a good match. :)

She'll be on shortly to take you!
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:31 PM
CsychoCat
Beginning Trainer

Current Generation Pokemon Gaming.
Same answer as number one.
Probably. I'm a role-player as well as a gamer. (Although I'm not sure if there's a role-playing board. Lol.)
Mostly make friends.
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Hi there SirDevin! Forever or Elite Four Lucian would be more than happy to mentor you throughout your stay at PC! Since you're more interested in B/W (based on your profile), then Forever would be a good match. :)

She'll be on shortly to take you!
Yup, confirming that the member has contacted, etc. :3

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsychoCat View Post
Current Generation Pokemon Gaming.
Same answer as number one.
Probably. I'm a role-player as well as a gamer. (Although I'm not sure if there's a role-playing board. Lol.)
Mostly make friends.
In terms of Current Generation Gaming, Is there a specific section that you're willing to know about? Maybe you'd like to know what the Black & White, 4th Gen, Trade Corner or CBC? We have mentors for each of those sections and they're all available.

For roleplaying, you have either Roswell or Miss Doronjo...and one of them are willing to show you around the Roleplay Corner. :)
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:52 AM
MediocreSong
Who's that Pokemon!?

Hey, I was wondering, from the descriptions, could I have Abnegation?
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreSong View Post
Hey, I was wondering, from the descriptions, could I have Abnegation? :)
Good choice. Abnegation is a great moderator and a good friend of mine.
Old February 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreSong View Post
Hey, I was wondering, from the descriptions, could I have Abnegation? :)
Of course, I'd be happy to help.

My preferred method of contact is Windows Live Messenger, but I am available to meet whatever way you would like to contact me. Here are my contact details.

[email protected] - WLM/MSN
Gavz93 - Skype
Or you can send me a Visitor Message on my profile or a Private message by clicking here.

Welcome to the forums buddy, contact me whenever and whatever way you wish, I'm here to help :]
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:16 AM
MediocreSong
Who's that Pokemon!?

Thanks =) I have added you to my WLM contacts.
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Lozz
meow meow meow <3

Nature: Sassy
Meow... I want a mentor!

Other chat, B/W, Pokemon polls etc.. Idk, whatever catches my eye at the time
Black and White! So much I don't understand in those games... god nica.
I am very aware that my computering skills have their limitations (extreme limitations), so I suppose I am open to learning any new skills.
Ummm, I guess I'm kind of looking to fill my pokedex on games, etc.. but its not an all consuming desire, so no big deal.

White: 3353 7718 4050 | Platinum: 1162 3841 6089 | HG: 4985 8594 3873
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Minerva

Wow, so I guess it'a anything goes for ya! xD Pokemon Polls would be at the same forum as Pokemon General, mentored by the awesome Toujours. Nica (Forever) is willing to take in another mentor for B/W, and we also have Razor Leaf and Shining Raichu for Off-Topic (which includes the Other Chat section of the forums). Any of the four mentors I mentioned are willing to take you in! :)
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

Nature: Quirky
Emulation, rom hacking
Emulation, rom hacking
I might get into breeding/battling stuff once I get a gen V game, but otherwise no.
I want to get as much info as I can on rom hacking/modding, and maybe advice later on once I get a gen V game.
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:24 AM
The Void
No escape.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkin View Post
Emulation, rom hacking
Emulation, rom hacking
I might get into breeding/battling stuff once I get a gen V game, but otherwise no.
I want to get as much info as I can on rom hacking/modding, and maybe advice later on once I get a gen V game.
Yay, looks like you're mine then!
I shall PM you back (since you PM'd me first) regarding everything you need to know about how to conquer and dominate this little word of ROM Hacking... :3
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Nezumirai
Doppelganger

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nezumirai Send a message via Skype™ to Nezumirai
I'm interested in the "Pokemon Trivia" and "Other Trivia", "Pokemon Clubs" and "Other Clubs" boards. Sometimes,I am interested in the Game Developing board.

Ehhh, the Pokemon Clubs and Pokemon Trivia boards. @_@;; The Game Development board is pretty straightforward and self-explained...

ABSOLUTELY! If I find something new (or even more trivia~) in a Pokemon Game or about the Manga, I'd post about in the appropiate boards. If I draw something Pokemon-related, I'd post in the appropiate sections. There are other sections I like, but...

Just to have fun and become very active! And maybe even make friends!
I may even share my game's project with everyone.~

(Judging by the list... I'm guessing I'll have BinaryPeaches? Meep, a Tales of Symphonia fan! *squeals of joy*)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links