The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 17th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@WolfOfEve: *Squints* ...Is that a haunter? ;o
Old April 17th, 2013 (10:51 AM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Yup! But these ones are 50% more ghostly than the previous models!

The ghostly effect is supposed to represent the PokeSpirits :3 The fact that it was already a ghost was mere coincidence.

Old April 17th, 2013 (10:52 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
I like it anyways is my new character accepted?
Old April 17th, 2013 (07:24 PM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
... Incinerated? That's harsh, I mean really harsh. (Lot to read, so read first and last paragraph basically) Are they dead, or teleported? Cause I never got to interact with them

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old April 17th, 2013 (07:45 PM). Edited April 17th, 2013 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@WolfOfEve: Very well~ I approve of this.

@Crimson0191: I've got one big question for you. How in Arceus name did these scientists do complex, expiremental DNA expirements in a world where electricity is no longer practical to obtain at all, let alone for long term activities? Seems to be a large plot hole.

@Everyone: Boom! Plot-pushing post.

@Khawill: Now why would I give you spoilers and ruin the incentive to go find out for yourself through IC exploration?~ Also, apparently Arceus wasn't joking around when he threatened his wrath against anyone who broke his laws.
Old April 18th, 2013 (06:49 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

simple, scientists are clever and can produce other ways of research and development, mainly by extracting the particles and multiplying them with heat pressure, then mixing them with the particles of Felix to produce a pokémon. Obviously this is all done by hand so it hurts, ask Felix he should know :D Honestly if you think about it there is many ways to make tis possible, this is one. Remember, those who follow a path of science never give up, and those who follow the path of magic never find what they are looking for.
Old April 18th, 2013 (08:37 AM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Better question: How do they have the resources, power, and safety to do such things? It's not like they can spawn the machines required to see, change, and interact directly with particles.

Also you can't just "multiply" particles -.- that's not how The laws of conservation of mass works. If you are thinking cells, or even DNA, then the science is even more complicated.

Think about it this way: We can't do what you scientists did, and we have pretty advanced stuff, food, safe and dedicated living conditions and labs. We have electricity as well.

In the game, their tech is just as good or slightly better than ours today. (Pokeballs/Dexes are not futuristic because tbh they were created due to their world. We have no need to store animals in compact spaces to carry around). Now this Rp is significantly after, in a post-apoc world. Science would have deteriorated, or dissolved completely over the time.
At best, science would have frozen, it could not advance to levels of reviving a creature removed from existence. (Not even dead, just completely gone, poof!)

Magic is more plausible considering the setting actually. Like, science didn't remove Pokemon from existence, nor does it allow spirits to be fused with humans. I'd suggest dropping the unique story idea, or changing so that he gets a charzard spirit and then the "scientists" (Who really shouldn't exist) attempt to study and change him.

Old April 18th, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

er-hem, are you forgetting the extreme measurements people are going through. Aren't you forgetting spirit wielders? Obviously it's going to be forced on spirit wielders to do such a thing. Even so, the magic could be the thing affecting it. Also, I had an idea about the WHOLE experiment.

They try and capture Felix to multiply the charizard particles by using Palkia's power, wich is only accecible by forming the red chain, so in effect they try to create an artificial one using pokeweilders power. (basically magic) then once they summon palkia to this world they give palkia some sort of offering in exchange for a change in the fabric of space, therefore multiplying the particles and merging them with Nath to create a full Charizard

Obviously they'll fail, but the whole Palkia thing could cause some interesting plot in the whole of Sinnoh, since its at the top of the mountain, everyone can see it, also, it would presumably be ear the tree, which might enrage arceus into entering the world.

I thought this whole thiong trhough by the way. Also if technology has frozen they would still have basic science equipment. The only real thing they need is Palkia.

I hope that's understandable, its logical and comp,letely mad, but that's the whole point. The scientists are that determined.
Old April 18th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Crimson0191: These aren't things you can reasonably do without technology. The human race has not had remotely enough time to recover from the technology collapse, and considering most of their time would need to be focused on /not dying/ of hunger that would further impact their ability to recover quickly.

Also, Palkia lives in a seperate dimension and can't really be called out by any known means. It would also... y'know, /die/ if it ever decided to waltz on out and say hi.

I also have a really hard time following your train of thought here. Most importantly, I can't really accept this because you're saying they /could/ do this or they /could/ do that but you're not explaining how.
Old April 18th, 2013 (01:03 PM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

-.- Your not imagining correctly. With thi9s new character I was trying to be original and creative, but your kinda just saying I should just stfu and be normal. Put it this way.

In Africa, they have little to no technology in some areas, yet a lot in others. Some people learn and adapt their ideas over time, basically meaning that SOME area's in Sinnoh, presumably a secret organisation or area, has developed technology, and is therefore keeping it a secret to avoid the rest of the humans from demanding technology. People develop their ideas and beliefs every day, and there will be the odd nutter who will spend all their life figuring out a cure for cancer, or making the worlds first robots, in the world of the rp, its exactly the same, just somewere in this world, the technology is kept secret. Not everyone is clever, but this IS possible. Also I think 100 years is enough for the next generation of humans to evolve science... (obvs not too much, but if this whole teams project is based on that particle, then it means the technology that they made will al be based on the project)

Btw I mentioned about making an artificial red chain.... that's how palkia stroll in. He doesn't just come, he is summoned. That's what the red chain does...

You just have to imagine this, coz to me it makes perfect sense. Anything is possible.
Old April 18th, 2013 (02:23 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Crimson0191: Alright... Let's step back a moment. What you've done is circumvented the actual basis and backstory of the roleplay, the most original part of Fallout by a long shot, in favor of simply combining pokemon and human DNA... to achieve what is essentially the same thing. The method of accomplishing this is convoluted and does not make a lot of sense given the setting of the roleplay. There are a dozen "Why would they" and more importantly "How would they" questions that you're /basically/ refusing to answer.

I'd have to say that if 'original' is what you're aiming for I'm confident you have the ability to do better than this. Either way, the concept is a bit of a mess, and it's not properly explained. I can't just let this slide on through. I mean first of all the red chain is a retconned item, meaning it never existed as far as any source that isn't the anime (Which this RP is not based on) is concerned. In the games, Palkia and Dialgia were summoned by the lake guardians directly.

All three of which did not survive the virus.

That being said, it would be hilariously convoluted to think up an idea to reach dialga or palkia that makes sense at all.

Frankly, it would be easier to go after Giratina or Arceus itself~

But yeah. I'm saying this idea just doesn't work, not that you shouldn't try and be creative or any of that jazz.
Old April 18th, 2013 (07:31 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I finally posted. This post comes in Fainting and Exposition flavor! And no, you can't pick and choose, you have to take them both together.

...But seriously, if we made a drinking game out of how many times a host of Mako's body faints...someone would die.
Old April 18th, 2013 (08:16 PM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I did the walking dead drinking game.
Honestly, there comes a point where you just don't know if you should take a shot.
"Dude did they kill a zombie or is that chick making out with that dude?"
"I don't know man, let's just take a shot anyways."
"All we got ish moonshine."
"Is that a flavor of wine cooler?"

And that's how people die

Old April 18th, 2013 (08:28 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

But that isn't fair!

...I'm not allowed to play drinking games. =<
Old April 19th, 2013 (03:45 AM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

They are not special.
Anyways! Everything is in place for Spark's new world order!!!
Now that two threats have been eliminated by outside forces, Spark will be able to take over the world. Mwahahahahahahahahahah mwahahah mwah *cough* hahahaahah.

Spark is a kind person with no mal intent or evil thoughts, plans, or ideas.

Old April 19th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

... riiiiight...... so...................

What to do now xD
Old April 21st, 2013 (11:56 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

IM SO BORED OF NATH gonna make him die or something no but seriously I cannot be bothered with him im going nowhere with this. maybe coz nath has information he gets killed.
IDK im gonna post my new SU later on because right now I cant be bothered. Too much thinking lol
Old April 23rd, 2013 (11:46 AM).
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Crimson, I may be able to post every once in a while, so we can continue with this plotline of ours. I'm quite sure we can come up with a creative death if you still want to. ARIA GOES ON A CRAZY KILLING SPREE FOR NO REASON!!
Old April 25th, 2013 (06:59 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

er-hem well that would be kinda strange. I was thinking that Nath wakes up with amnesia because someone doesn't want him with too much information, then I look at the photo again and try to find out who you are. I don't know quite yet, because I really have no-where to go with Nath apart from the previously made plot lol
Old April 25th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

All right, whatever floats your boat.
Old April 25th, 2013 (11:51 AM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Spark can give him a good concussion if it helps? Or maybe Makoto?

Old April 28th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

hmph. anywasy, ive been watching A LOT of the walking dead recently, so I'm taking a few ideas from that. Do you mind if I create a small town on mt coronet that survives together? Obviously in this their wont be any fishy people, just around 20 survivers in it, just so I can create some story from that? Not too much, just some previously owned houses, surrounded by walls, but I'll explain it all in my posts later if its alloud
Old April 28th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Well, since you skipped over Makoto, I guess we could just say that he caused that cave in. It makes sense...
Old April 28th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

or we could say that I leaked a gassy fart which eroded some rocks causing everything to fall, either works for me. I'll just roll with it, and see what happens
Old April 29th, 2013 (09:13 PM).
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Majorly scary yet awesome and song inspired mini-plot including Aria, an angry Blaziken, a sword, and lots of corpses. *Evil grin...*
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links