Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page Your preferred web browser?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

View Poll Results: What web browser do you use?
Firefox 73 34.93%
Chrome 106 50.72%
Opera 12 5.74%
Internet Explorer 3 1.44%
Safari 11 5.26%
Other 4 1.91%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 19th, 2012 (01:35 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty
Hmm...

Both are referring to two different types of threats.

One is social-engineered attacks, while other is exploit code. For protection, IE9 does the former well, and Chrome does the latter well.

Note that there is no such thing as a perfectly safe browser, and I have seen improvements in CSS3 and HTML5 support in every single browser.

The very last NSS Labs test is not sponsored for some reason, by the way.
Old February 19th, 2012 (02:14 AM).
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Ah, well I'll admit that I am unfamiliar with social engineered tests since I don't usually keep up with that. So you may very well be correct.

But I know IE9 definitely doesn't protect from malware as well as previously mentioned in the thread. :P
Old February 19th, 2012 (04:49 AM).
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
Platinum Tier

I'm currently running Google Chrome. One of the reasons I use it is because of it's incredibly simple GUI. This may just be my designer side but I've always adored simple clean interfaces over having a very toolbar/button/everything else heavy interface. I also like it because at the moment I'm using a netbook while my desktop is out of order and so far Chrome has the most efficient screen size without being in fullscreen mode thanks to its floating info bar (The thing in the bottom that shows URLs, not entirely sure what its called). Oh and because I use multiple operating systems on the same computer it's easy to download Chrome, or Chromium, and sync my dials using the speed dial 2 plugin. Again which I adore because of its simple design.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old February 19th, 2012 (06:05 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Archenoth:
Ah, well I'll admit that I am unfamiliar with social engineered tests since I don't usually keep up with that. So you may very well be correct.

But I know IE9 definitely doesn't protect from malware as well as previously mentioned in the thread. :P
Uh huh. In the end, it boils down to the smarts of the users themselves.

Personally, I don't like IE8 these days - I only use it for Intranet. If I'm stuck on a Windows XP computer for some reason, I just run Firefox. It might be sloooooooow to start, but once it's loaded, well, everything should run smoothly.
Old February 19th, 2012 (07:04 AM).
Idk what to write here x3~~~

I''m ending up with Firefox. It's pretty stable, and it's got a Private Browsing function which really helps . Even though the other browsers have Private Browsing functions too, I find Firefox the best because I'm biased towards it.

(tbh, i cant see anything firefox has that chrome doesn't, but i grew up with firefox, so there )

Old February 19th, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Will be back eventually
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
My prefered browser is Firefox. I switched from Internet Explorer when I noticed how Firefox has the tabs and I heard Firefox was a lot safer than Explorer as well. Even when the alternatives came along, I kept using Firefox.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old February 20th, 2012 (09:29 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah, I'm a Firefox guy through and through. I've tried all of the others (except Opera; I've never met someone who uses it, though I've heard good things) and Firefox suits me down to a tee. I don't like IE's interface, and when I'm forced to use it on someone else's computer, it sends me into a rage; Safari I really don't like, but I can't really explain it: every time I go to an Apple Store to check my e-mail, I have to use Safari, and everything feels the same but different; Chrome is good - and super fast, admittedly - but I've had problems with it recognizing certain websites (such as PC, for one). Firefox has the right combination of everything I like to make me keep using it for the foreseeable future.
Old February 23rd, 2012 (08:55 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I use google chrome nowadays.
Old February 24th, 2012 (06:32 AM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
Chrome \o/ The apps screen you can have on the homepage is invaluable, plus it lets me play Pokemon Yellow from the browser x] And the way that downloads are shown in a bar at the bottom is incredibly useful since you can easily open/find them with one click. I used to like using Firefox, but for some reason it stopped showing any animated images and after a week or two of trying to fix this, nothing worked... So Chrome's my favourite :3
Old February 24th, 2012 (08:45 AM).
Back

Nature: Gentle
I use Mozilla Firefox, and even despite some little glitches, I love it.
However during a very long time I used Internet Explorer... I don't know how I could. This is a horrible browser, so slow !
Sometimes I use Chrome, because my Firefox browser don't display every wabsites correctly, while Chrome do. But anyway, I think Firefox is more handy to use

Old February 24th, 2012 (08:02 PM).
єηℓιgнтєηє∂

Send a message via Skype™ to ɯιɳɳҽσɳʂɯσɾԃ
I personally use the Google Chrome 19 Dev Rev 2. I like the new settings menu and to me, Chrome is just faster than Firefox, SAfari, and especially IE 9. But, I don't like how Goolge tracks your browsing.....

p a i r . t w i t t e r . m y a n i m e l i s t . o l d a c c o u n t
Old February 25th, 2012 (10:39 PM).
Owner of Red Hair.

Nature: Modest
I've been using Firefox ever since I can remember switching over from IE. I have never really tried Chrome but I hear nothing but good things.
Old February 26th, 2012 (06:32 AM).
Tonight!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
I use Chrome. It may be a memory hog, but it's crazy fast, and I love the customization/add-ons.

I have my home page set completely up for convenience:
Spoiler:
Old February 29th, 2012 (09:15 AM).

I love Chrome and it's sleekness and speediness. I haven't given FireFox a shot though in a long time.
Old February 29th, 2012 (01:09 PM).
AKA Frozen9

I can't go to some sites cuz opera blocks from malvare to. So opere is best forever for me. I use it for 5+ years
Old February 29th, 2012 (07:15 PM).
The arch foe

Quote originally posted by FrozenOrange:
I can't go to some sites cuz opera blocks from malvare to. So opere is best forever for me. I use it for 5+ years
Huh? Do you mean the Ad blocker?
Old March 1st, 2012 (05:47 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Since I just recently upgraded to Windows 8 Consumer Preview, that means that I have also upgraded from IE9 to IE10.

Hehe. Now it renders like Firefox. I think I like the desktop interface more than the Metro interface, as I feel more at home with it, but give it some time, and I'll get used in no time. I think I can call my preferred web browser to be desktop IE10 for now.

(Hmm... CSS gradients, text-shadow with spread, 3D transforms, advanced font rendering and feature settings, none of the obnoxious bugs in the Platform Previews and Developer Preview... Cool, huh? If only there was a Windows 7 version right now.
Old March 4th, 2012 (02:41 AM).

I use Google Chrome. Cause its fast, Easy navigation, get install Plug-in automatically (Like adobe flash player) and we can install games and apps on Google Chrome...
Old March 7th, 2012 (10:21 PM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
http://www.palemoon.org/
Pale Moon is a full-featured, speed optimized browser based on the popular Firefox browser. It's pretty awesome. It's basically Firefox with some outdated or rarely used stuff removed and optimized to run for Windows and on newer machines.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old March 8th, 2012 (04:27 AM).
The arch foe

I know of Firebug, but what's IDM? Some quick Google-fu leads me to believe that it's a Download Manager, or is that the wrong IDM?
Old March 13th, 2012 (01:34 AM).
Banned

Mainly Firefox, occasionally Google Chrome.
Old March 14th, 2012 (09:27 PM).
Ready for simply anything

Send a message via Yahoo to Maxzeroedge Send a message via Skype™ to Maxzeroedge
I like Opera because somehow, chrome has denied to remember my passwords....
Only my username -__-
Old April 8th, 2012 (02:06 PM).

[SIZE="a"]Mine's Google Chrome because it's soooo easy to use.[/SIZE]

Hello, my ROFLcopter goes soi soi soi
Old April 9th, 2012 (12:40 AM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
chrome. Easiest browser to use IMO. I used Opera once, when i was playing GPX, since Opera could not handle 100 tabs open, btu when I stopped playing GPX, I swithced back to my beloved chrome.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old April 9th, 2012 (02:41 AM).
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
Mine's Chrome. Don't know why but it's easy to use, large screen space and somehow a lot faster...

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links