The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What web browser do you use?
Firefox 73 34.93%
Chrome 106 50.72%
Opera 12 5.74%
Internet Explorer 3 1.44%
Safari 11 5.26%
Other 4 1.91%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:30 PM
antemortem
I... was perfect

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem

Advertise here
Google Chrome is sleek and loads everything faster than Mozilla, which would naturally be my second choice.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
On my mac it's Safari.. and on Windows it is Chrome.
I just like how safari's bookmark bar is like.. it's probably the main reason I like it most. It's so easy to stay organized.
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful
I prefer Firefox. I've been using it for years now and I can't see myself switching to anything like Chrome in the future. I especially like the newer version because it pretty much "records" the sites you visit most and then whenever you open a tab - boom! It's quick and simple! And then the Personas...I love them :3

I don't really like the layout of Chrome. Even though everyone loves it, I just can't make myself like it (>_<). Also - Internet Explorer is the worst out there in my opinion. I have to brave it whenever I use the computers and laptops at school. The majority of my friends use IE for everything, so they're used to the dodgy-ness. Not me.

So yeah, Firefox ftw! (^w^)

And apparently Graceful is still alive after a very long hiatus ♥
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:05 AM
zid_sen
The Sacred Thunder of Aselis

Nature: Lonely
I more prefer Chrome,
because it's really simple looking and really fast at downloading.

Thanks to Rambagos in Pokemon Stars
For The Signature
Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Chromium, the free (open source) version of Chrome. Everything Chrome has without the feeling Google's stalking you. :D
Although for >100MB downloads I use Firefox. Chromium always says they've been "interrupted". :(
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Rayshin
Fak.

Nature: Relaxed
I've been using Firefox since the dawn of time. Though I may have used Chrome briefly. And with the new 3D visual effect while using inspect element in Firefox, I'd say I'm havin' the time of my life browsing PokeCommunity with it.

~Always.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I prefer Chrome over any other browser by a long shot. It's much faster than Firefox for me and has a bigger "web screen", unlike FF where the tabs and such take up a noticeable amount more of room. I was a big Firefox fan up until a year or so ago, though, but after giving Chrome a shot I realized it was much more for me. :3

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Chrome, it's speed makes it an optimal choice for me and it has an attractive appearance and interface. Before that I was an IE user (for some reason), I knew Mozilla was better and before that I was a Firefox user, but for some reason I was slow to switch. After having Chrome installed for a couple months I finally made the switch.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Yui Hirаsаwа
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I like and use Chrome, simply because it looks nice, its fast and does the job. It seems to be a bit faster than Firefox at least
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Sector
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I've always used FireFox. Most people seem to have problems with it, not sure why, but I never once experience crashes or lack thereof for it.

I do have Internet Explorer, which I don't like & Google Chrome, my back-up in case FireFox does have problems on my laptop. Then again I first got Chrome because of Google Earth, which is AWESOME to use! Though Google is a bit faster, FireFox's speed is fast enough for me. IE is the most boring browser that existed
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I actually alternate between Firefox and Chrome. For a while, it was Chrome all the way for me, but I have begun to notice that Chrome isn't so good in processing and handling some stuff that Firefox can, such as Flash stability (Flash often crashes in Chrome due to memory leaks for me), but Chrome is more simplistic for me than Firefox. Overall, I'd say I use Chrome more than Firefox, but an internet browser outside of IE is an internet browser for me, IMO.
Fairy

Last edited by Zach; July 22nd, 2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added backing to my post :3
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Krazzikk

I used to use Firefox until I took a Chrome ad to the knee! I asked around and people said they liked google chrome, etc. so I gave it a try. I have no regrets in using it. It is extremely fast, has great tab management, and is good if you like add ons (I use smogon search add on, and gmail notifaction add on, oh and a reddit tool that does various things) It also has a nice look to it which is what probably swayed my decision the most =P

I find it funny that people are using internet explorer. As someone once said to me "I used internet explorer, it was all like 'here is better browsers, USE THEM.' " I don't want to hurt the feelings of any internet explorer fans but, frankly, its pure rubbish...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Speaking of pure rubbish, I've always wondered what version of IE people are referring to, since I've noticed that the perception never seems to change.
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Route 18
turn up the engine
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
I use Chrome. Simple, smooth and fast. I use Chrome on my iPad too. I've been a Chrome user since 2009 and I've never been able to switch to another browser for very long, even when Chrome has been a bit of a pain every now and then. I do use Safari when Chrome starts to play up, but only temporarily, and only because I hate using Internet Explorer 8 and haven't installed Firefox.
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Reshy
Beginning Trainer

I used Inter Explorer up until Chrome came out and ever since I've used Chrome and only Chrome ;w; I love how fast and user friendly it is. It has a nice layout and everything is easy to find. It's the perfect web browser for me ~

Old August 6th, 2012, 10:57 PM
soopaord
Togepi

Opera on my laptop and phone. Chrome on my iPad.
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:47 PM
techman
Beginning Trainer

Google Chrome. I’m using Google chrome since two years now. Technically, I like Google chrome because it doesn’t need large amount memory run.
Old August 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM
KittyLover
Beginning Trainer

I prefer Google chrome. It provides information’s correctly and so quick.
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
Personally i use Chrome :P
The main reason i use it is because of extensions and how customizable it is
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Shannon Rox
Beginning Trainer

I use Chrome as my default and Firefox as my second browser. Chrome is in top in terms of speed and then again, Firefox has a bunch of addons that you can personalize your browser with. So, both the browsers are useful for me in different ways.
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
I'm using Firefox atm. I've used Chrome until around last year-ish, but somehow Youtube got screwy on it and not on Firefox; since the latter is the only other browser I have on my laptop (aside from IE which is omgasjdfasfesd I am never touching that thing again), and I'm just too lazy to re-download and re-install Chrome to see if it'll fix the Youtube, that's what I'm sticking with.

Old August 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Rubix33
Beginning Trainer

At First I only used Chrome, but now I'm kind of starting to like Safari, even though I have a Windows Vista Computer

Challenges
None, Yet :D
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Johnster
Losing is not an option

Nature: Calm
Google Chrome ftw. It's one of the fastest web browsers I've ever used, saves me a lot of time.
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I could not decide whether to choose Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. I have to say I've used Firefox for soooo long, and I never thought of using any different browser. But one year ago, my Firefox didn't stop closing unexpectedly and I had to change to Chrome. I was using it for a few months and as soon as a new version of Firefox came out, I got back to Mozilla's browser. Although I couldn't get used to Chrome, I think it's faster than Firefox. There are lots of things I missed from Firefox.
Anyway, since I am a web programmer, I have the four main browsers installed on my computer so that I can check if everything looks fine in different browsers.

Allez, hop!
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Pretor54
Dunsparce needs an evo

Firefox. I plainly don't like my data to be shipped somewhere else, with someone else getting the money. I don't use Google nor Google Chrome.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here