Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Post Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #426    
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu's Avatar
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hastings, New Zealand
Age: 24
Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
I sorry I dont know what commons are.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand


  #427    
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu View Post
I sorry I dont know what commons are.
Check the bottom bolded paragraph in the first post on the first page of this thread and that will give you an explanation of what commons are.
  #428    
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Footballman's Avatar
Footballman
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Hello, i really need to know what the value of these cards are.

Shiny 1st edition Machamp,
Lvl. 67 100 hp
8/102


Promo Mewtwo
70 hp (Lvl 60)
in the bottom right corner, it says 14 on it.

Shiny Charzard
120 hp
4/130
it has a 2 with a pokeball on top (Lvl. 76)


Shiny Kangaskhan
90 hp (Lvl. 40)
Jungle Pack
5/54
  #429    
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocacola View Post
The shining charizard and charizard are not 1st edition, my chansey is shadowless the rest arnt that you listed
Totally didn't catch this with the pages turning last night, sorry!

Prices will be mixed in with some requests for further details on some cards, and I'll be going down your list from the top, in increments of 5.

Neo Destiny Shining Charizard: $40 to $60 is what it's been going for.
Base Set Shadowed Charizard: $20 to $30.
Base Set Shadowed Venusaur: $10 to $15.
ex Ruby & Sapphire Sneasel ex: $3 to $7.
Jungle Pinsir 6/64: I'll need to know if this one is a 1st Edition or not before pricing.
I'll also need 1st edition status for Victreebel from the next 5 cards in the list, which I'll do after the next time you post here.

If none of your cards in your list have 1st edition, feel free to just say so. I know for sure that Machamp has a 1st Edition stamp because that's the only way they printed the card, but I'd like to know about the rest of the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballman View Post
Hello, i really need to know what the value of these cards are.

Shiny 1st edition Machamp,
Lvl. 67 100 hp
8/102


Promo Mewtwo
70 hp (Lvl 60)
in the bottom right corner, it says 14 on it.

Shiny Charzard
120 hp
4/130
it has a 2 with a pokeball on top (Lvl. 76)


Shiny Kangaskhan
90 hp (Lvl. 40)
Jungle Pack
5/54
Base Set 1st Edition Holofoil Machamp: Could you tell me if this card has a shadow to the right of the picture box or not? That affects its value.
Base Set 2 Holofoil Charizard (different Charizard from the Charizards I priced for crocacola above): $10 to $15.
Jungle Holofoil Kangaskhan: $1 to $2.
  #430    
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Footballman's Avatar
Footballman
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
The Machamp is Shadowless

Also, could i get prices on these cards?

All three are from the Fossil set.

Articuno
70 HP
17/62
(It is not a Holo)

Zapdos
80 HP
30/62
(It's also not a holo)

Shadowless Holo Moltres
70 HP
12/62

I Also have an Ancient Mew, and i was wondering if it was worth something.

Promo Electabuzz, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
60 HP and it has a 2 on the bottom right corner.

Promo Pikachu, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
50 HP and On the bottom right corner it has a 4.

Also,

Holo Ninetales
80 HP
12/102
it doesn't say the set on it.
it is NOT shadowless.

I was wondering, i have a lot of promo cards, so are they worth anything at all?

Last edited by Footballman; April 19th, 2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #431    
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:51 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballman View Post
The Machamp is Shadowless

Also, could i get prices on these cards?

All three are from the Fossil set.

Articuno
70 HP
17/62
(It is not a Holo)

Zapdos
80 HP
30/62
(It's also not a holo)

Shadowless Holo Moltres
70 HP
12/62

I Also have an Ancient Mew, and i was wondering if it was worth something.

Promo Electabuzz, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
60 HP and it has a 2 on the bottom right corner.

Promo Pikachu, and on the picture, it says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie" in gold text"
50 HP and On the bottom right corner it has a 4.

Also,

Holo Ninetales
80 HP
12/102
it doesn't say the set on it.
it is NOT shadowless.

I was wondering, i have a lot of promo cards, so are they worth anything at all?
Pricing just those first 4 for now and will get to the others later on.

Shadowless 1st Edition Base Set Machamp: $5 to $10.
Fossil Articuno 17/64: $1 to $3.
Fossil Zapdos 30/64: $1 to $3.
Shadowless Fossil Moltres: I'm pretty sure this card doesn't come in a shadowless form so I'm gonna need to see a picture of it.

I'll get to the rest at a later point in the day.
  #432    
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Footballman's Avatar
Footballman
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
If there isn't a shadowless copy, what could i get for the same card but not Shadowless?
  #433    
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballman View Post
If there isn't a shadowless copy, what could i get for the same card but not Shadowless?
$1 to $3 for it if it's not shadowless.

Ancient Mew: $2 to $4.

Movie Promo Electabuzz: $1 to $3.

Movie Promo Pikachu: $1 to $3.

Base Set Holo Ninetales: $2 to $4.

Most promos are $1 to $3. But there are some that are worth a bit more.
  #434    
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Yusshin's Avatar
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quebec, Canada
Age: 22
Nature: Brave
Are old cards undervalued because they're useless in tournaments (low HP, damage) nowadays?

Just curious. I'd have figured they'd be worth more if they're in mint condition.


Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
  #435    
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:55 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
It's more that there's just so many in circulation. A few Base Set cards have astronomical values, though, if they're 1st Edition, simply because 1st Edition cards are pretty rare and certain Pokemon are much more sought after by collectors.
  #436    
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Yusshin's Avatar
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quebec, Canada
Age: 22
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
It's more that there's just so many in circulation. A few Base Set cards have astronomical values, though, if they're 1st Edition, simply because 1st Edition cards are pretty rare and certain Pokemon are much more sought after by collectors.
Oh, because of all the hype back then? I guess there were a lot more packs being sold than nowadays worldwide.

Thanks for the information.


Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
  #437    
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:50 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
All the newer cards with high values (specifically, the ones from the Black & White sets), however, have substantial markups because they're tournament legal and very good and sought after (when people need multiples of a hard to find card just to win a single game). See Pokemon Catcher as an example of a very value-inflated card due to tournaments.
  #438    
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:18 AM
crocacola
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Just got this today, curious on its retail value? $70?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_201304242099.jpg‎ (50.9 KB, 12 views) (Save to Dropbox)
  #439    
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:56 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocacola View Post
Just got this today, curious on its retail value? $70?
Its market value seems to be around $35 to $45. Japanese cards aren't very sought after, even PSA 10 graded ones.
  #440    
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
crocacola
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Its market value seems to be around $35 to $45. Japanese cards aren't very sought after, even PSA 10 graded ones.
Thats dissapointing.. Where can i sell it?
  #441    
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocacola View Post
Thats dissapointing.. Where can i sell it?
The big two I'd recommend are eBay and Amazon, as well as at Pokemon sites that do allow buying, selling, and trading of cards between members.
  #442    
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:35 AM
smaldragon979
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Snorlax
90 HP
Jungle
11/64
Holo

Moltres
70 HP
Fossil
27/62

Dialga
90 HP
Great Encounters
16/106
Holo

Mewtwo
70 HP
Promo (pokemon the first movie)
3
  #443    
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:55 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaldragon979 View Post
Snorlax
90 HP
Jungle
11/64
Holo

Moltres
70 HP
Fossil
27/62

Dialga
90 HP
Great Encounters
16/106
Holo

Mewtwo
70 HP
Promo (pokemon the first movie)
3
Can I get first edition statuses for Snorlax and Moltres, please?

Mewtwo Black Star Promo 3 ( First Movie Stamped Promo): $2 to $4.

Dialga Great Encounters 16/106: $1 to $3.
  #444    
Old April 28th, 2013, 03:57 PM
-Potato?'s Avatar
-Potato?
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Found these beautys in my collection. All are holo and in near perfect condition.

Holo Star Jolteon
Set: Ex Power Keepers
Collector Number: 101/108

Holo Venusaur
Set: Base Set
Collector Number: 15/102
First Edition: Nope.
Shadowless: Nope.

Holo Flareon
Set: Jungle Expansion
Collector Number: 3/64
First Edition: Nope.

Holo Alakazam
Set: Base Set 2
Collector Number: 1/130
First Edition: Nope.

Thanks in advance, and I'll be back later as I dig some out of my collection. :3

Last edited by -Potato?; April 28th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
  #445    
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:01 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Potato? View Post
Found these beautys in my collection. All are holo and in near perfect condition.

Holo Star Jolteon
Set: Ex Power Keepers
Collector Number: 101/108

Holo Venusaur
Set: Base Set
Collector Number: 15/102

Holo Flareon
Set: Jungle Expansion
Collector Number: 3/64

Holo Alakazam
Set: Base Set 2
Collector Number: 1/130

Thanks in advance, and I'll be back later as I dig some out of my collection. :3
Power Keepers Jolteon Gold Star: $20 to $30.
Base Set 2 Alakazam: $3 to $5.

For Venusaur, I need its status as to whether it's 1st edition or not as well as its status as to whether it's shadowless or not (check the first post of this thread if you're unsure what I mean by these).

For Flareon, I need to know whether it is a 1st edition or not.
  #446    
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
-Potato?'s Avatar
-Potato?
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Power Keepers Jolteon Gold Star: $20 to $30.
Base Set 2 Alakazam: $3 to $5.

For Venusaur, I need its status as to whether it's 1st edition or not as well as its status as to whether it's shadowless or not (check the first post of this thread if you're unsure what I mean by these).

For Flareon, I need to know whether it is a 1st edition or not.

Mhm, I saw it in the thread, and I guess I was making the edits as you were typing your response.

As for the cards:

Venosaur is not shadowless and is not first edition.

Flareon is not first edition as well.
  #447    
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:10 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Base Set Shadowed Venusaur: $10 to $15.

Jungle Unlimited Flareon: $4 to $7.
  #448    
Old April 28th, 2013, 05:12 PM
UnknowingNote
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Missouri
Gender: Male
Promo Zapdos- 70 HP
Number 23

Promo Articuno - 70hp
Number 22

Promo Holo/Shiny Meowth (GB symbol by card) 50 hp
Number 10

1st edition Machamp Holo/shiny - 100 HP
Number 8/102
  #449    
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:52 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknowingNote View Post
Promo Zapdos- 70 HP
Number 23

Promo Articuno - 70hp
Number 22

Promo Holo/Shiny Meowth (GB symbol by card) 50 hp
Number 10

1st edition Machamp Holo/shiny - 100 HP
Number 8/102
Black Star Promo 23 Zapdos: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 22 Articuno: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 10 (Game Boy Promo) Meowth: $1 to $3.

For Machamp, I need to know whether it has a shadow to the right of the picture or not.
  #450    
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:22 PM
UnknowingNote
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Missouri
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Black Star Promo 23 Zapdos: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 22 Articuno: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 10 (Game Boy Promo) Meowth: $1 to $3.

For Machamp, I need to know whether it has a shadow to the right of the picture or not.
No, it does not have a shadow, just his arms in the background multiple times.
Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:21 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.