The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:40 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Advertise here
I mean to the right of the frame of the picture.
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM
badewaxter
Unhatched Egg

Good Evening, First post here. I'm hoping someone can help as this is a unique one.

I have a Neo Genesis Foil

Jumpluff, Grass type 70HP.

I know generally this one is pretty worthless, however mine is different. (I think)

it appears to be holofoil over the entire card (similar to a japanese rare, however not as brilliant)

has anyone here heard of such an english printed card? I am unaware of any, and any google searches turn up nothing.
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Ribbon
The Queen of Shinx

Nature: Quirky
I just started collecting cards about a week ago, and I would like to confirm
the price of this card please. (:

Theme: Boundaries Crossed
Series Number: 144
Name of card: Landorus EX (Foil/Full Art)
Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
3DS XL FC: 1993 8443 3387 Pokemon Y IGN: Alice Dragon Type Safari (rare still unknown)
Badges:

Old May 1st, 2013, 09:49 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
I just started collecting cards about a week ago, and I would like to confirm
the price of this card please. (:

Theme: Boundaries Crossed
Series Number: 144
Name of card: Landorus EX (Foil/Full Art)
That's a 35$ card right there, congrats!
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
Ribbon
The Queen of Shinx

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
That's a 35$ card right there, congrats!
Oh. Thanks a lot for confirming. n_n
Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
3DS XL FC: 1993 8443 3387 Pokemon Y IGN: Alice Dragon Type Safari (rare still unknown)
Badges:

Old May 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badewaxter View Post
Good Evening, First post here. I'm hoping someone can help as this is a unique one.

I have a Neo Genesis Foil

Jumpluff, Grass type 70HP.

I know generally this one is pretty worthless, however mine is different. (I think)

it appears to be holofoil over the entire card (similar to a japanese rare, however not as brilliant)

has anyone here heard of such an english printed card? I am unaware of any, and any google searches turn up nothing.
Would you mind uploading a picture as an attachment? I think it's a fake, personally, but it could just be a very heavily damaged normal print of the card. Either way, it has no value.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM
DarthBane53

Hey guys and gals of the pokemon community, I just got in to the game and came across a Charizard 100/101 and Mew 101/101, im not a pro at grading cards but I have spent years with comics and other collectibles. My question is, should I send these cards in to get graded to maximize their value? They are Near Mint, if Not Mint condition. My only question is because they are cased and graded people cant use them in a game, does this take away from their appeal? Thanks for the info!
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:39 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Shiny Charizard from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

And the Mew, is it from World Championships or from Ex Dragon Frontier?

The Charizard is around 110$ and the cheapest they'll buy it from you is 73$ and for the Mew it's around 30$ for the EX Dragon Frontier one and 70$ for the one from World Championship.
But most card store won't take them since they're cased and graded. But sell those to collectors and they'll buy them for amazing prices.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:04 PM
DarthBane53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Shiny Charizard from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

And the Mew, is it from World Championships or from Ex Dragon Frontier?

The Charizard is around 110$ and the cheapest they'll buy it from you is 73$ and for the Mew it's around 30$ for the EX Dragon Frontier one and 70$ for the one from World Championship.
But most card store won't take them since they're cased and graded. But sell those to collectors and they'll buy them for amazing prices.
The mew is the non world championship one. And yes both them are the shiny pokemon. And you do reccomend I get them graded to make them worth the most to collectors correct? Thanks!
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Being cased and graded adds to their value (only if they receive a PSA 8, 9, or 10 grade, though), but if you don't do it through PSA, most collectors will pay less than they would for a PSA graded one because PSA seems to be the only widely accepted grading agency for Pokemon cards (even though from a technical, gem mint standpoint, other grading agencies have more stringent standards for a 10 grade and should therefore have more sought-after grade 10 cards).

If you're confident they're in near mint or gem mint condition, definitely get them graded. I recommend PSA simply because of the value the collecting community places on their grades, but if you're not comfortable dealing with PSA, then feel free to use whatever grading agency you are comfortable with.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
badewaxter
Unhatched Egg

(this post has been removed)

Last edited by badewaxter; May 1st, 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Personal info
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:12 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badewaxter View Post
I'm unable to post links until I've posted 15 times on this forum. I do believe you'd rather me not spam the forums just to get there.

look me up on facebook, as Ive added a photo there. I will make my photos available.

or if you provide an email I can mail you the photo to upload?
When you go to make a post, you would click the paper-clip to upload something as an attachment (images uploaded on other sites are blocked because when you post it you're technically posting a URL, and those are blocked to keep adbots and spambots from spreading viruses and scamming our users before we get a chance to spot them).

Anyway, the card looks legit, just looks like it's suffered some damage from age. I've had that happen to a few of my grass-type Neo Genesis holos. At best, you'd get a $1 for it.

I've gone ahead and posted the image in my post here:

Feel free to remove your personal Facebook page info from your previous post if you wish.

Others might have a different assessment, as I'm not 100% sure of the card's legitimacy myself, but from what I can see it's legitimate.
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:29 PM
badewaxter
Unhatched Egg

hmm, well I know for certain I pulled the card from a sealed booster (albeit some years ago.)

I'd be willing to think it was wear if it hadn't been that way since the day I got it. You think that could happen in the package? either way, thanks for taking the time to look at this
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Botched printings where the card is miscut or the ink is blotchy is very common, so it's still likely it's a botched printing, which still wouldn't change its value from what I previously assessed it at.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Arent World Championship cards worth quite a bit less than the regular one? Thats true for all ive seen.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
DarthBane53

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Being cased and graded adds to their value (only if they receive a PSA 8, 9, or 10 grade, though), but if you don't do it through PSA, most collectors will pay less than they would for a PSA graded one because PSA seems to be the only widely accepted grading agency for Pokemon cards (even though from a technical, gem mint standpoint, other grading agencies have more stringent standards for a 10 grade and should therefore have more sought-after grade 10 cards).

If you're confident they're in near mint or gem mint condition, definitely get them graded. I recommend PSA simply because of the value the collecting community places on their grades, but if you're not comfortable dealing with PSA, then feel free to use whatever grading agency you are comfortable with.
Thanks for the info! So lets just say both them come back a Grade of 9, what would they be worth?
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:40 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
Arent World Championship cards worth quite a bit less than the regular one? Thats true for all ive seen.
That's because they're an easily obtained, non-playable print of a given card, and they're also not holofoil and don't count as part of a complete set for any set other than the particular World Championship deck they were included in. It's a little odd that ANYONE would buy the World Championship version for $70. I think that was someone trying to scam people out of their money by taking advantage of some naive collectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBane53 View Post
Thanks for the info! So lets just say both them come back a Grade of 9, what would they be worth?
For the Gold Star Delta Species Charizard, you could easily boost its value to between $200 and $300 (there's a bit of a lack of them available on the market right now, so not only do they have a "Charizard premium" tacked onto their price, the supply on the market is quite low!), but it could still go as low as $150 (while the range for a non-graded one is currently a widely erratic $50 to $120 range, similar to what liljz mentioned above).

As for the Gold Star Delta Species Mew: its value gets boosted from the $35 to $55 range for the ungraded one to upwards of $100 for a highly graded one, falling somewhere in the $100 to $150 range currently (probably due to a lack of supply presently on the market).
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
DarthBane53

Thanks for all the advice, you guys have been most helpful. I know that there is no selling on these forums but is it possible that any one could direct me towards a pokemon card selling forum? I don't want to sell them to a corporation, I want them to go to some one who will appreciate them.
Thanks again!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
UnknowingNote
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I mean to the right of the frame of the picture.
Sorry for the late response, I have been busy with work. I do not understand what you meant by that, so I took a picture of it, and going to attach it to here until you can give me a response. After you do, feel free to remove the attachment or let me know and I'll do it
IMG508.jpg
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknowingNote View Post
Sorry for the late response, I have been busy with work. I do not understand what you meant by that, so I took a picture of it, and going to attach it to here until you can give me a response. After you do, feel free to remove the attachment or let me know and I'll do it :)
Attachment 68201
That's a shadowed Machamp and it is worth $1 to $3.

That version of Machamp is very common because of every printing of the Starter Deck included one.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
UnknowingNote
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
That's a shadowed Machamp and it is worth $1 to $3.

That version of Machamp is very common because of every printing of the Starter Deck included one.
Ah okay, thank you very much. I have another couple cards if you don't mind

Promo Mew #151 50 hp
Poliwrath Base set(no set symbol, right?) 13/102 90 hp. Set 2 as well, 15/130
Rockets Mewtwo 14/132
Gyarados 6/102 100 hp Base Set(No set symbol)
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknowingNote View Post
Ah okay, thank you very much. I have another couple cards if you don't mind :)

Promo Mew #151 50 hp
Poliwrath Base set(no set symbol, right?) 13/102 90 hp. Set 2 as well, 15/130
Rockets Mewtwo 14/132
Gyarados 6/102 100 hp Base Set(No set symbol)
Base Set 2 Poliwrath: $1 to $3.

For Mew, the Base Set Poliwrath, and Gyarados, I'll probably need pictures to ascertain certain details so I can identify them.

For Rocket's Mewtwo, is it 1st edition?
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
UnknowingNote
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Base Set 2 Poliwrath: $1 to $3.

For Mew, the Base Set Poliwrath, and Gyarados, I'll probably need pictures to ascertain certain details so I can identify them.

For Rocket's Mewtwo, is it 1st edition?
Here are the pictures you requested. And the Mewtwo is not 1st edition, sadly. And I want to thank you for taking the time do this for everyone who needs prices. I do appreciate all your time you put forward to do this, thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG510.jpg‎ (95.8 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG511.jpg‎ (77.9 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG512.jpg‎ (90.8 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Mew Wizards Promo #8: $1 to $2.
Shadowed Base Set Gyarados: $2 to $5.
Shadowed Base Set Poliwrath: $2 to $4.

EDIT: And Rocket's Mewtwo: $8 to $12.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:31 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBane53 View Post
Thanks for all the advice, you guys have been most helpful. I know that there is no selling on these forums but is it possible that any one could direct me towards a pokemon card selling forum? I don't want to sell them to a corporation, I want them to go to some one who will appreciate them.
Thanks again!
You could try the place in my signature. Not guaranteeing anything though. Those are some expensive cards you got there.

I was wondering about Genesect EX and Palkia EX? And maybe a graded Rocket's Zapdos? I plan on getting mine graded, along with my full art Latias, since it is nearly mint, if not mint. Its a really nice card.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here