Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Charizard454
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeliVuk View Post
Zekrom 114/114 full artwork, mint condition. Just got it today.

Got a little silver/white star next to 114.

Try ripping one of the commons you got in the pack, it shouldn't rip too easily if it's real. Also when you break it there should be an in betweent the image and the cardboard, if there is then it's fake.

Yeah it ripped with almost no effort. Fake
that mean the whole pack(s) is/are fake?
Old February 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
Just wondering how much 1st edition base set cards have inflated in roughly 7 years.

Here is a website with each card's value in both Unlimited and 1st edition form but this site was last updated 02/12/2004. They've stated Charizard 1st is worth $80.00 and Blastoise is worth $50.00 and i assume it's the US dollar.

I am contemplating buying a single base set 1st edition booster pack which is over $200 bucks but i want to be chasing cards that are worth over that amount.

Here is the website.

http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/usbasic.html
In a quest to capture the entire first series of the trading card game then going for the 1st edition rocket series .
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Rocket_Executive
SCIENCE

Nature: Sassy
Pojo is completely out-dated, when it says last updated in 2004 they really mean it :/
Prices for base set cards are honestly all over the place. Unlimited base cards are not expensive at all, while 1st edition shadowless holo's still fetch those 2004 prices, especially charizard. For the ones in the middle, 1st edition non-shadowless, it completely depends on which pokemon it is. Charizard, being the most popular, can get up to $50, with the prices for the others going down from there.

Now, if you are considering buying a 1st edition booster pack just to open it: DON'T DO IT! The distribution of holo cards in the base set era is terrible, you will not get a charizard, a blastoise, not even clefairy. The only reason why those are so valuable is because they are sealed, not because you might get something good. Just buy singles.
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:32 PM
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Executive View Post
Pojo is completely out-dated, when it says last updated in 2004 they really mean it :/
Prices for base set cards are honestly all over the place. Unlimited base cards are not expensive at all, while 1st edition shadowless holo's still fetch those 2004 prices, especially charizard. For the ones in the middle, 1st edition non-shadowless, it completely depends on which pokemon it is. Charizard, being the most popular, can get up to $50, with the prices for the others going down from there.

Now, if you are considering buying a 1st edition booster pack just to open it: DON'T DO IT! The distribution of holo cards in the base set era is terrible, you will not get a charizard, a blastoise, not even clefairy. The only reason why those are so valuable is because they are sealed, not because you might get something good. Just buy singles.
Thanks, you've really gotten me off the idea. I will buy 1st edition singles in the base set but anything normally priced like 1st edition jungle or fossil packs i'll still buy ..
In a quest to capture the entire first series of the trading card game then going for the 1st edition rocket series .
Old March 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM
imninten
Beginning Trainer

how much is my japanese neo discovery ursaring 15/75 holo
Old March 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imninten View Post
how much is my japanese neo discovery ursaring 15/75 holo
That would only fetch you between $1 and $3 at the moment.
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Traid
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Card: Emboar.
Set: Black and White: Next Destinies.
Collector's Number: 100/99
First Edition?: No.
Shadowless?: No.

Also, the description reads: This extremely rare Pokemon is a different colors than usual. It is very hard to find.

Perhaps it's a shiny? Though, I don't even know if Shinies are as rare as they are in the games.

Last edited by Traid; March 18th, 2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added Picture
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:05 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traid View Post
Card: Emboar.
Set: Black and White: Next Destinies.
Collector's Number: 100/99
First Edition?: No.
Shadowless?: No.

Also, the description reads: This extremely rare Pokemon is a different colors than usual. It is very hard to find.

Perhaps it's a shiny? Though, I don't even know if Shinies are as rare as they are in the games.

That currently fetches between $15 and $20. It's numbering and art style mean it's a secret rare card.
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:08 AM
bflav
Beginning Trainer

First post, thanks for this thread donavannj. Read this and some other theother thread to know how to ask, hope i dont noob it up.

Just bought a large lot of cards, 749 in total. Cards are from base, jungle,fossil, rocket, and base2. Wanted to ask the worth on a few.

Base: ( all holo and shadow) 1st edition machamp 8/102, gyarados 6/102,nidoking 11/102, zapdos 16/102, alakazam 1/102

(Trainer cards) super energy removal79/102, imposter prof oak 73/102,clefairy doll 70/102, pokemon breeder 76/102, item finder 74/102

Jungle: (all holo) electrode 2/64, kangaskhan 5/64, mr. mime 6/64, pidgeot8/64, snorlax 11/64

Fossil: hypno 8/62, dragonite 4/62, lapras 10/62, articuno 2/62

Rocket: holo dark weezing 14/82 & rainbow energy 80/82

Are non holo 1st editions worth mentioning? I have a 1st edition hypno 23/62from fossil, and other 1st editions from jungle/fossil that are either common or uncommon cards.

Are promo cards worth anything? Have a mew 8, mewtwo 14, pikachu 4,electabuzz 2, and a holo dark persian 17.

Finally, I have a 1996 japanese pocket monsters trainer card. Its a rare,has the black star in bottom right. Also has 2 other white stars on it, one ontop of the other. Wish I had 15 posts to put a pic up.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
brica8

HS Triumphant

Gengar Prime 94/102
Mew Prime 97/102
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Rocket_Executive
SCIENCE

Those Jungle, Fossil, Rocket, and Base 2 holo's are going to be worth about $2-3 a piece, assuming they are absolutely mint. 1st edition is not worth mentioning if they are not holo. The 1st edition machamp is worth less than the other base set holo's because it came in a starter deck, not in booster packs. It's maybe $2-3. The gyarados is about $4, alakazam $6, nidoking $5, zapdos $5. The trainers are <$1, those black star promos are between $1-3, and I don't know about the Japanese trainer, you'll have to describe it in more detail.

Gengar prime is super cheap right now, consistently selling at only $5 on ebay. I'd hold onto it in case the value goes back up, it can't really get much worse than it is now.
Mew prime is doing better at around $10-15.
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM
RockHardSemi
Lv 53

How much is Charizard 146/144 from Skyridge?

I bought that as well as a holo Kabutops (in the same auction) for £10. I like Charizard and thought of collecting the many different Charizard cards. However I saw it fetching over £100 on eBay and was quite surprised.

Condition's pretty good, near mint.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Rocket_Executive
SCIENCE

Crystal pokemon go for way more, and charizard is up there in terms of the most expensive ones. Completed auctions show a huge discrepancy in sales, selling from at a minimum of $60 (Canadian) to $120. They shouldn't be much more than £100 unless they are PSA graded. But yeah, that was a good buy.
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
pokemonseller
Beginning Trainer

Japanese totodile 40 HP
Japanese Grimer 50 HP
Japanese Trainer Card of a lady holding a amster ball
Professor Elms training methord with a big blue E in the bottom and a bold yellow outline instead of the normal yellow
Japanese Sparrow 50HP
Japanese Ekan with a blu haired trainer
Dark Vaporeon
Dark Raticate
Japanese Cubone
Japanese Ghastly with a Black haired lady in corner
Japanese evolution of meowth
Japanese Butterfly thing from older pokemon
Japanese female nido thing
Blaines Charmander and Charmeleon
Team Magmas Rhyhorn
Lt. Surges Sparrow
German scyther
Magmortar LV.X
Shiny Typhlosion 100 HP knows flaemburst
EX Emerald Exloud
Crystal guardians dugtrio
Team Aquas Carvanha
Misty's Horsea and Goldeen
Spoink with the blue e and weird outline
All delta species have basic and the circle the lower evolution goes in?
Light Sunflora and Light Dewgong
Japanese trainer with a group of pokemon including snorlax hitmonlee arbok machamp etc
Celebi EX
metal and phsyic jirachi
japanese raichou
articuno red hp
Azelf
Brocks primeape
zapdos red hp
dark weezing
Shiny rampardos
Swampert crystal guardians earth
shiny machamp
shiny victreebel
crystal guardians fire and metal shiny kingler
dark golduck red hp
japanese lt surge pikachu
dark kadabra
2 different dark houndooms
metal jirachi
shiny beautifly
japanese shiny poliwhirl
shiny dustox
dark falffy
japanese shiny snorlax
japanese shiny togechic
shiny kabuto red hp
shiny altaria
weezing with the blue e
shiny honchrow
blastoise ex
marshtomp crystal guardians shiny
swampert shiny
mew red hp
light slowbro red hp
mew ex
dark pupitar and tyrannitar
shiny haunter red hp

alot of the orginal design trainers and red hp pokemon
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Dann2291
Beginning Trainer

Hey everyone, I have a lot of cards and i'm really curious to have them checked out so I don't get screwed over on em. I'll post a video of it too. But things included are:

1st edition French and German Charizard.
1st edition Dark Charizard
Promotional Venusaur.
1st edition Tortank(Blastoise just not sure what language it is.)
Pre release Dark Gyrados as well as pre release Aerodactyl(1st edition).
1st edition french Chansey 120 HP
1st edition Dragonite 100 HP
Shiny Mew 50 HP
Most of the legendary Pokemon(Entei, Lugia ext.)
All holo trainer cards
I also have two of Blaine's Arcanine in Japanese. I can't tell the difference between the two but one has a star at the bottom and one does not. Any reason why?
Houndour
Houndoom.

Lastly I have some crazy trainer cards that look handwritten and then slapped on a card. I've seen them on Ebay for $25 a piece but not sure if it is accurate.

Ah, I can't post the link because I don't have 15 posts on here yet. But if you go to youtube and type in "dann2191" my video should pop right up.
Thanks,

Daniel.
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:48 PM
pokemonseller
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann2291 View Post
Hey everyone, I have a lot of cards and i'm really curious to have them checked out so I don't get screwed over on em. I'll post a video of it too. But things included are:

1st edition French and German Charizard.
1st edition Dark Charizard
Promotional Venusaur.
1st edition Tortank(Blastoise just not sure what language it is.)
Pre release Dark Gyrados as well as pre release Aerodactyl(1st edition).
1st edition french Chansey 120 HP
1st edition Dragonite 100 HP
Shiny Mew 50 HP
Most of the legendary Pokemon(Entei, Lugia ext.)
All holo trainer cards
I also have two of Blaine's Arcanine in Japanese. I can't tell the difference between the two but one has a star at the bottom and one does not. Any reason why?
Houndour
Houndoom.

Lastly I have some crazy trainer cards that look handwritten and then slapped on a card. I've seen them on Ebay for $25 a piece but not sure if it is accurate.

Ah, I can't post the link because I don't have 15 posts on here yet. But if you go to youtube and type in "dann2191" my video should pop right up.
Thanks,

Daniel.
Dark charizard 10 if norm 20 if holo
French charizard if psa rated can go for 250 if not 100
german charizard 50 if not psa rated 175 if psa rated
venasaur 80 if you have the set about 20 indiviually
blastoise if shadowless holo about 80 psa rated about 20 if not psa and not shadowless/holo (english version)
gyrados and aerodactyl about 2.5
which mew? if japanese can go for 350 if mcdonalds promo etc normal shiny jap mew about 45
10ish per legendary
trainers 50 cents to 2 dollars a piece
5bucks if first edition and psa mint then about 30
most likely fake if you want u can do the rip test

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Those "handwritten" trainers may not be fake if they are Japanese. There were a few promotional cards released in a handwritten style in Japan way back in the day. Please upload pictures of them as attachments to your next post, Dan2291.

To everyone else: I've been too busy and too drained of energy of late to do any pricing. PLEASE REFRAIN from asking about commons and uncommons.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Dayjtd
Beginning Trainer

I have a few cards here (These were just a few first edition cards I grabbed from my pile) that I can't find a price for. If you guys could help that would be awesome!

Card 1:
-Dark Flareon
-First Generation Team Rocket
-35/82
-NOT Holographic
-First Edition
(I know this is an Uncommon, but where it was a 1st edition I thought I'd post it)

Card 2:
-Porygon
-48/82
-NOT Holographic
-First Edition
(I know this is an Uncommon, but where it was a 1st edition I thought I'd post it)

Card 3:
-Seaking
-First Generation Jungle
-46/64
-NOT Holographic
-First Edition

Card 4:
-Machamp
-First Generation
-8/102
-Holographic
-First Edition

Card 5:
-Dark Hypno
-9/82
-Holographic
-First Edition

Attached is the picture of the 5 cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3011.JPG‎ (919.2 KB, 25 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Dann2291
Beginning Trainer

Just curious, How would I get cards PSA rated? And what does it cost to do it?

I'm not gonna lie, most of the Charizard's aren't in mint condition. Theres several scratches but no significant damage to the card. Based off of that what do you think is a fair asking price? Because I've been getting offers all week for the Charizard collection I have but i'm not sure if i'm getting ripped off or not.
Also, I have several of the promotional cards but probably not the whole set.
The Mew is in Japanese and shiny all over and i also have a paper case for the card that has a bunch of japanese promotional stuff on it.

The japanese handwritten feature a person called "imakuni" I believe. It's a trainer card, a pass card, two extra rule cards and a couple cards that don't even look pokemon related. I bought them as a set for $25 at a card show about 10 years ago.

I found these Japanese handwritten cards on Ebay. And I would post it for you to see but the post limit doesn't allow me too. lol I lost the chord for my camera and I'm in the process of looking for it so I can just upload the pictures.

Last edited by Dann2291; April 6th, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Wariopunk
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I've got a whole folder filled with my Pokemon cards and I'm thinking about selling my rarest ones. I'll start of with some of my favorites that I think could be worth a lot

EX Crystal Guardians: Charizard δ 032/075 JAPANESE and 1ST EDITION
Neo Destiny 4: Shining Celebi (Triple Star) 106/105
Neo Genesis: Skarmory 13/111 1ST EDITION
EX Emerald: Blaziken 1/106. (The EX Emerald title is in the picture and has Pokeball styled holograph design)
Fossil 3 legendary birds Articuno 2/62, Zapdos 15/62, Moltres 12/62
Rocket's Suicune EX 105/109
Rocket's Articuno EX 96/109
Platinum – Rising Rivals: Flying Pikachu 113/111

Wizards Black Star Promos
Pikachu 1
Electabuzz 2
Mewtwo 3
Pikachu 4
Dragonite 5
Surfing Pikachu 25
Flying Pikachu 28
Meowth 10 (Has GB in the bottom right of the picture)

If you want pictures, I'll add them soon and I'll add more cards later after these cards are valued.
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:20 PM
TheAmazingAipom
searching for a life :D

Nature: Modest
I pulled a Next Destinies Full Art Regigas EX 99/99 how much is that worth?
RP'S THAT I AM IN
Bara's Storm As Evan
Pokemon: The Zivito Region As Ben and Nathaniel
Pokemon: Secret of The Stardust As GM XD (needs players)
Planet of the Pokemon As GM (also needs players d: )
The Elementals Rise as Brendan
Pokemon Fallout as Reggie
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:18 AM
wizzardz
Beginning Trainer

I pulled my box of old Basic 1st Edition cards from the closet and am probably looking to liquidate. All of the cards came right from packs into penny sleeves. After compiling a number of sets back in the day, the remaining cards (~800, but includes about 150 energy) were put in a box and closed up since 1999.

Part of the collection is one complete set including a number of errors (red and yellow cheek, Blastoise, Kakuna, Bulbasaur, Caterpie, matapod, Sandshrew, Voltorb, Vulpix). All of these are in penny sleeves and top loaders and are in new condition.

What would a complete set like this fetch ungraded?

I was considering grading the complete set - understanding that it would normally not be prudent to grade many of these cards. However, if a complete PSA 10 graded set of Basic 1st edition came available, what would it be worth?

Would any of the cards lower than rares be worth grading?
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:06 AM
bflav
Beginning Trainer

Good looking Rocket_Executive, I greatly appreciate it.

I was thinking about adding up the full market value of all the cards, and putting them on ebay for half of that; poor or decent decision?

The double star Japanese Pocket Monsters Trainer card I have shows a room with a green tint to it and in the room there there is a large structure. The structure has a glass case with a pokeball being struck by electric bolts in it, with electrical wires and components attached to the encasing; if I had to guess it looks like a pokeball in a recharge station, like to heal the wounded pokemon inside.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingAipom View Post
I pulled a Next Destinies Full Art Regigas EX 99/99 how much is that worth?
That fetches between $15 and $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wariopunk View Post
Hey, I've got a whole folder filled with my Pokemon cards and I'm thinking about selling my rarest ones. I'll start of with some of my favorites that I think could be worth a lot

EX Crystal Guardians: Charizard δ 032/075 JAPANESE and 1ST EDITION
Neo Destiny 4: Shining Celebi (Triple Star) 106/105
Neo Genesis: Skarmory 13/111 1ST EDITION
EX Emerald: Blaziken 1/106. (The EX Emerald title is in the picture and has Pokeball styled holograph design)
Fossil 3 legendary birds Articuno 2/62, Zapdos 15/62, Moltres 12/62
Rocket's Suicune EX 105/109
Rocket's Articuno EX 96/109
Platinum – Rising Rivals: Flying Pikachu 113/111

Wizards Black Star Promos
Pikachu 1
Electabuzz 2
Mewtwo 3
Pikachu 4
Dragonite 5
Surfing Pikachu 25
Flying Pikachu 28
Meowth 10 (Has GB in the bottom right of the picture)

If you want pictures, I'll add them soon and I'll add more cards later after these cards are valued.
I'll get to these later. Maybe. Might be too late for you, but I've been busy and may be busy again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzardz View Post
I pulled my box of old Basic 1st Edition cards from the closet and am probably looking to liquidate. All of the cards came right from packs into penny sleeves. After compiling a number of sets back in the day, the remaining cards (~800, but includes about 150 energy) were put in a box and closed up since 1999.

Part of the collection is one complete set including a number of errors (red and yellow cheek, Blastoise, Kakuna, Bulbasaur, Caterpie, matapod, Sandshrew, Voltorb, Vulpix). All of these are in penny sleeves and top loaders and are in new condition.

What would a complete set like this fetch ungraded?

I was considering grading the complete set - understanding that it would normally not be prudent to grade many of these cards. However, if a complete PSA 10 graded set of Basic 1st edition came available, what would it be worth?

Would any of the cards lower than rares be worth grading?
The lower rarity cards may not be worth grading. PSA grading is about $30 per card, iirc.

I'm seeing full first edition sets posted at $800, but I think that's a couple hundred dollars too high, myself, even if they're in mint condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflav View Post
Good looking Rocket_Executive, I greatly appreciate it.

I was thinking about adding up the full market value of all the cards, and putting them on ebay for half of that; poor or decent decision?

The double star Japanese Pocket Monsters Trainer card I have shows a room with a green tint to it and in the room there there is a large structure. The structure has a glass case with a pokeball being struck by electric bolts in it, with electrical wires and components attached to the encasing; if I had to guess it looks like a pokeball in a recharge station, like to heal the wounded pokemon inside.
That'd be the most likely way to get them off of your hands, that's for sure. You may be selling yourself short a bit, though.

Below is the card. It's not worth very much at all.

Old April 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
nid4
Beginning Trainer

Hi everyone,

I am selling my Pokémon cards - but unsure what price I should charge, but also some cards not sure what they’re called.

There's a few cards which I don’t know what they are, Here a description.

• Japanese card of: Clefairy (No. 036)
Growlithe (No.058)

• Has “Kids WB presents Pokémon The first movie” in the picture
o Electabuzz (Promo)
o Pikachu (Promo)

• Mewtwo (Promo) – Has 14 in bottom right corner.

• A number of cards which have ‘Topps Chrome’ on the top left corner
o Also has TV animation edition on the backs

• Mewtwo strikes back cards

• ‘Pokémon Gotta catch ‘em all! ‘ Numbers 10, 2, 12 of 12
o Topps Trading cards

• Pikachu’s Vacation card – New friends and farewells

• Mewtwo Strikes back collectable movie scenes

Below is a list of the cards (they are all rare - have a *) along with their card number. They are also all from the base set.

If any can tell me any good websites to look at or even better the rough price of the card, you will make me very happy.
Thanks,

List:

1. Charizard 3/110

2. Haunter 21/62

3. Electrode 21/102

4. Trainer scoop up 104/110

5. Trainer Lass 75/102

6. Dragonair 22/130

7. Jolteon 20/64

8. Magneton 28/110

9. Dark Blastoise 4/110

10. Trainer super energy removal 79/102