Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Pudd

Advertise here
1. Card name.
2. Set the card is from. You can tell this by the set symbol located either in the bottom right corner of the card or to the bottom right of the picture.
3. The collector's number (the number in the bottom right corner of the card that goes something like 1/102 or 1/64 or 1/99) of the card.
4. Whether it is first edition or not (as in, does it have a 1 inside a solid black circle to the bottom right of the picture). This only applies to cards from sets released before the Legendary Collection in English. Japanese cards, on the other hand, are a different story.
5. Whether it is shadowless or not (as in, having no shadow behind the picture and not having bolded HP text). This only applies to cards from the Base Set (the only set that has no set symbol).

1 -
Mewtwo (Japanese),
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 086/128.
NA.

2 -
Houndoom (Japanese)
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 019/092.
NA

3 -
Entei (Japanese)
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 026/087

4 -
Charizard (Japanese)
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 012/029

They are in great condition, not mint/near mint with some fading on the borders, but they are old cards. I'd love a price check on these, please.

I have pictures but can't post them because of my post count. Sorry.

Last edited by Pudd; September 28th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old September 30th, 2013, 06:12 AM
woutdeking

hey everyone,
i have a very special card i got from a package years and years ago,

its a chansey second edition 3/130 NON holo. its an error. it has a number 2 and a pokeball in it on the right side under the picture
its an english card

i tried to search for it on internet but there are no topics about it,
anyone help me out?
Old October 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM
rd116

I am a mom, and have cards we had signed by Japanese illustrators at the TCG worlds tournament 8+ yrs ago when my son and daughter played and have no idea the value. We have 16 cards but will list a few

Pikachu Victory Medal Trainer card from Battle Road Spring 2006-2007
Charizard 6/108 power keepers
Mew ex 88/92 Legend Maker
Pichu Bros 16/17 pop 3
Pikachu Shiny 104/110 holon phantoms

Thanks, any information will be helpful.
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:59 AM
middlegeorge

So I'm trying to figure out the value of my son's Pokemon cards. I will attach pictures here as I am a Mom that has no idea what to even say to determine value. He also has a ton of Japanese ones that my husband would pick up during his travels 2006-2007 to Tokyo. I really don't want to post all of those, but if anyone could give me info on how to id Japanese card values...that would be great. I'm only posting the cards here that have 1995-2001 listed on the bottom as I figure these out of all of his cards would have the most value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4715.jpg‎ (613.4 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_4716.jpg‎ (681.5 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_4717.jpg‎ (574.0 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_4718.jpg‎ (598.8 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_4719.jpg‎ (627.6 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 21st, 2013, 08:09 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlegeorge View Post
So I'm trying to figure out the value of my son's Pokemon cards. I will attach pictures here as I am a Mom that has no idea what to even say to determine value. He also has a ton of Japanese ones that my husband would pick up during his travels 2006-2007 to Tokyo. I really don't want to post all of those, but if anyone could give me info on how to id Japanese card values...that would be great. I'm only posting the cards here that have 1995-2001 listed on the bottom as I figure these out of all of his cards would have the most value.
Middlegeorge, I've gone ahead and merged your thread into the appropriate thread and will get back to you on values later in the day. Check back in about 4 hours and check back again in about 10 hours from now if I've not valued them in 4 hours. Also note that old does not necessarily mean more valuable. I've got a card from 2006 that is worth around $100, while the bulk of my cards from 2000 would barely fetch $0.50.
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:38 AM
slapman

Hi guys looking for prices for the following.. all cards are rare with the star at the bottom right of the screen by foiled i mean hologram

FIRST EDITION 1999
Machamp 8/102 shadowed (FOILED)

FIRST EDITION 1999-2000
Machamp 8/102 shadowed (FOILED)

BASE SET (RARE*) 1999
Ninetails 12/102 shadowed (FOILED)
Beedrill 17/102 shadowed (UN-FOILED)
Pidgeotto 22/102 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

BASE SET (without 2 and ball) (RARE*) 1999-2000
Chansey 3/102 shadowed (FOILED)
Mewtwo 10/102 shadowed (FOILED)
Gyarados 6/102 shadowed (FOILED)

BASE SET 2 (with 2 and ball) 1999-2000
Kangaskhan 26/130 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

JUNGLE SET 1999
Kangaskhan 5/64 shadowed (FOILED)
scyther 10/64 shadowed (FOILED)
Vaporeon 12/64 shadowed (FOILED)
Pidgeot 24/64 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

TEAM ROCKET SET 1999-2000
Dark Alakazam 1/82 shadowed (FOILED)
Dark Raichu 83/82 shadowed (FOILED)
Dark charizard 4/82 shadowed (FOILED)

FOSSIL SET 1999
Muk 13/62 shadowed (FOILED)
Lapras 10/62 shadowed (FOILED)
Ditto 18/62 shadowed (UN-FOILED)
Articuno 17/62 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

GYM HERO'S EXPANSION (GH) 1999-2000
Erika's Vileplume 5/132 shadowed (FOILED)

GYM CHALLENGE EXPANSION 1999-2000
Lt. Surge's Jolteon 28/132 (UN-FOILED)

PROMO 1999-2000
Mewtwo Lv60. 14. shadowed (UN-FOILED)

JAPANESE
Team Rocket set. Charmeleon (maybe dark?) No.005 shadowed (UN-FOILED)
Jungle set. Butterfree No. 012 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

Sorry for the amount although i thought it was best to list all at once.

Last edited by donavannj; October 21st, 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: removed reference to cards being for sale - selling items is strictly prohibited on The PokeCommunity!
Old October 21st, 2013, 08:59 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Sorry, middlegeorge and slapman! I didn't have a chance to price your cards this evening. I'll give them a shot tomorrow. Slapman, I'll only be pricing the first 6 you listed in my first go-round tomorrow, since pricing is a tedious and time-consuming process simply because of how much clicking and searching is involved in my methods. I may get to the rest later, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for more than your first 6 and middlegeorge's 5 tomorrow.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:28 AM
slapman

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Sorry, middlegeorge and slapman! I didn't have a chance to price your cards this evening. I'll give them a shot tomorrow. Slapman, I'll only be pricing the first 6 you listed in my first go-round tomorrow, since pricing is a tedious and time-consuming process simply because of how much clicking and searching is involved in my methods. I may get to the rest later, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for more than your first 6 and middlegeorge's 5 tomorrow.
No problem mate thanks very much for taking the time to do it in the first place. i would happily do it myself but i have no idea how to lol thanks very much though
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapman View Post
No problem mate thanks very much for taking the time to do it in the first place. i would happily do it myself but i have no idea how to lol thanks very much though
Since I was too busy again today, I'll give you tips on how to do it yourself:

1. Go to eBay.
2. Search the card you want to get a price for.
3. Change the search filters so it only shows you the completed listings.
4. Tally up the value of all the sold listings that actually sold, and then divide the value by the total number of sold listings. Also, generally assume that with commons and uncommons, if you see them individually going for an average price very close to $1 on eBay, they are probably worth considerably less than that. If the average value is higher, then they're probably at the higher value. Rares generally don't go any lower than $1 in price unless they're completely useless and in very poor condition.
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
hello what do you think these things are worth

hello what do you think these things are worth

Brother: Starry Windy

Last edited by Child Of Christ; October 27th, 2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 28th, 2013, 07:00 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Game Boy Promo Meowth: Unsealed between $1 and $3, sealed between $2 and $4.

Kyurem EX 38/99 Next Destinies: $5 to $7.
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Game Boy Promo Meowth: Unsealed between $1 and $3, sealed between $2 and $4.

Kyurem EX 38/99 Next Destinies: $5 to $7.
Good to know thanks i got these at the league and it WAS a good trade. And did you see my pikachu.
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM
hollowbueno

Legendary Collection: Energy Retrieval, 107/110, REVERSE HOLO
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:36 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatMan4 View Post
Good to know thanks i got these at the league and it WAS a good trade. And did you see my pikachu.
No, I did not. Which Pikachu did you want priced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowbueno View Post
Legendary Collection: Energy Retrieval, 107/110, REVERSE HOLO
$1 to $3. Despite being from a hard to find set, it's still only an uncommon at its core.
Old October 29th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Quote:
No, I did not. Which Pikachu did you want priced?

$1 to $3. Despite being from a hard to find set, it's still only an uncommon at its core.
this one is the pikachu
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:07 AM
BananaCake

Hi just thought I would I would ask if these cards from when I was younger have any value or are rare at all. Thanks for looking.

Old October 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCake View Post
Hi just thought I would I would ask if these cards from when I was younger have any value or are rare at all. Thanks for looking.

darn GET THAT CHARZARD OF THAT TABLE AND IN A TOPLOADER NOW YESS THOSE ARE WORTH A TON OF MONEY!
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
BananaCake

Really? What sort of money are they worth?
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Let me check the charzard is worth 25$ in very good condition by itself so you hsave about 100$ for them all.
Old October 31st, 2013, 01:57 AM
BananaCake

Wow that's great should I list them all together on eBay or separate auctions and what are the titles I should list them as.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
SpiderMad

Here's the link to my picture collectiom, change the Dot to . since this site doesn't let newer users post URLS
minus[Dot]com/mS9eyVtYcxXL4
I'm not too familiar yet with what's valuable but I took pictures of some, should I take more pictures of anything japanese? I appreciate anyone helping me out, I just want a rough estimate on any good ones

I swear I had a Charizard 1st edition Hologram base set 1 (which is worth ~$500?) but I can't find it, might have given away

How much is the Alakazoom Base 1 vs Base Set 2?

Should I also be looking out for "Shadow less prints"? And 1st edition Trainer cards? Are promo cards worth good?

Edit: Mewtwo ex is worth about $10

ebay(dot)com/bhp/mewtwo-ex-101-109

Blastoise is normally worth $5 but mine has that weird green thing so probably about $1?

ebay(dot)com/itm/NM-MINT-Holo-Pokemon-Card-Team-Rocket-DARK-BLASTOISE-3-82-First-Edition-/141102542182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20da5ded66

Zapados/Ditto is around $3?

Lapras and Moltres and Aerodactyle is $1 each?

Last edited by SpiderMad; November 2nd, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCake View Post
Wow that's great should I list them all together on eBay or separate auctions and what are the titles I should list them as.
well you see some are in very bad condition so you shoud check how bad they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMad View Post
Here's the link to my picture collectiom, change the Dot to . since this site doesn't let newer users post URLS
[
I'B]minus[Dot]com/mS9eyVtYcxXL4[/B]m not too familiar yet with what's valuable but I took pictures of some, should I take more pictures of anything japanese? I appreciate anyone helping me out, I just want a rough estimate on any good ones

I swear I had a Charizard 1st edition Hologram base set 1 (which is worth ~$500?) but I can't find it, might have given away

How much is the Alakazoom Base 1 vs Base Set 2?

Should I also be looking out for "Shadow less prints"? And 1st edition Trainer cards? Are promo cards worth good?

Edit: Mewtwo ex is worth about $10

ebay(dot)com/bhp/mewtwo-ex-101-109

Blastoise is normally worth $5 but mine has that weird green thing so probably about $1?

ebay(dot)com/itm/NM-MINT-Holo-Pokemon-Card-Team-Rocket-DARK-BLASTOISE-3-82-First-Edition-/141102542182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20da5ded66

Zapados/Ditto is around $3?

Lapras and Moltres and Aerodactyle is $1 each?
Ooh you see does the blastoise have a green shell or does it just have a stain if its a green shell its probaly worth 15$ to 20$ in near mint condition plus check if it feels weird thats all i can do right now but ill help later. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Child Of Christ; November 3rd, 2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
SpiderMad

Quote:
Ooh you see does the blastoise have a green shell or does it just have a stain if its a green shell its probaly worth 15$ to 20$ in near mint condition plus check if it feels weird thats all i can do right now but ill help later. Hope this helps!
Oh sorry, I meant a stain
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMad View Post
Oh sorry, I meant a stain
ok well then nobody will want that.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
SpiderMad

Quote:
ok well then nobody will want that.
pretty much, but is there a way to try and clean it or anything?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here