Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
MoltresMonster
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
New to the site, used to collect these cards, and now wondering what the value of them might be...
Note: ALL of the following cards are Holographic/Holofoil

Giovanni's Persian 8/132
Flareon 3/64 1st edition
Clefable 5/130 2nd edition
Poliwrath 13/102
Clefairy 6/130 2nd edition
Dark Arbok 2/82
Dark Charizard 4/82
Pocket Monster Lt Surge's Magneton No. 082 Lv. 30
And my prized possession:
Pocket Monster Blaine's Moltres No. 146 Lv. 44

Any help is appreciated!
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
PeterPP
Beginning Trainer

Hi to everyone! I'm looking for somebody who will help me in calculating how much my cards are worth. I'm just selling my old collection from my childhood and I really don't know anything about those cards. Below I made a small list of my rare cards, and to make it easier I made also photos of my collection to recognize cards easier. If I think correctly, most of them are from basic set. Thanks in advance for any help!

Photos: dl.dropbox.com/u/26283946/foto.zip

Charizard (holographic)
Blastoise (holographic)
Beedrill
Pidgeotto
Raichu (holographic)
Nidoqueen
Nidoking (holographic)
Ninetales (holographic)
Wigglytuff (holographic)
Dugtrio
Poliwrath (holographic)
Alakazam (holographic)
Machamp (holographic)
Victreebel (holographic)
Magneton (holographic)
Gengar (holographic)
Hypno (holographic)
Electrode
Hitmonchan (holographic)
Chansey (holographic)
Electabuzz
Gyarados (holographic)
Lapras (holographic)
Vaporeon (holographic)
Kabutops (holographic)
Zapdos (holographic)
Dragonair
Mewtwo (holographic)
Misty's Cloyster
Brock's Onix
Lt. Surge's Raichu
Giovanni's NIdoking (holographic)
Koga's Pidgeotto
Dark Weezing
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
donmullioni
Beginning Trainer

was just wondering if anybody could help me value these? or reccommend a good place to sell them? ebay is a last resort, the prices vary so much!
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:09 PM
MoltresMonster
Beginning Trainer

bump for help please!!!! I need some help!
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:41 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltresMonster View Post
bump for help please!!!! I need some help!
Sorry, kinda been busy with offline life, and haven't had the energy to price out any cards when I have been on here.

If anyone else wants to help price, go right ahead!
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
jmakin
Beginning Trainer

Desperately need help here.

I've always loved pokemon, played every game up til pearl since I was a kid. Went to a very conservative christian school and the cards were banned because of the use of the word "evolution."

I've always been fascinated with them because of this and I found some 1996 Pocket Monsters cards at a garage sale for 50c a card. many are holographic, but the one that caught my eye was the Mew.

I don't necessarily need a price estimate for this, but that would be great. mostly I'm looking for where the hell I can find more info on these cards? how do I tell it's a first edition? I'd post a picture but the forum won't let me.
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Try uploading it as an attachment to your next post.

I'd recommend buying all the holographic ones you can, as those are the rarest, and if they're in good condition you can usually make a small profit off of selling them on eBay, since they're so cheap at that garage sale. And that Mew is probably worth the buy for your collection.

I used to have some pages you could use to check for reference on checking everything on them, but I don't have those bookmarked anymore.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net does have all sorts of information on the individual cards when you use the search function, though.
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Nature: Jolly
I think I've seen it as non-valuable before but I wanna double check.

Wizard's Promo Dragonite for Pokemon the First Movie?

(The one with the Gold stamp in the corner of the picture.)
Eat pizza and stay punk rock

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
jmakin
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Try uploading it as an attachment to your next post.

I'd recommend buying all the holographic ones you can, as those are the rarest, and if they're in good condition you can usually make a small profit off of selling them on eBay, since they're so cheap at that garage sale. And that Mew is probably worth the buy for your collection.

I used to have some pages you could use to check for reference on checking everything on them, but I don't have those bookmarked anymore.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net does have all sorts of information on the individual cards when you use the search function, though.
mewcard.jpg

i hope that worked. i'm new at this, but I noticed this happens to be a numbered card. the other holos are not numbered, which seems to be a promo thing from what I've been able to find. Ledyba, Slowking, Marill, and Togepi. Another weird thing I noticed is they don't seem to have the marks on the bottom right corners like all the US versions do that denote rarity of the print.

edit: according to bulbapedia it is from the southern islands 1 expansion set and is listed at 10$ on ebay. pretty cool buy

Last edited by jmakin; May 5th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:19 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRoller View Post
I think I've seen it as non-valuable before but I wanna double check.

Wizard's Promo Dragonite for Pokemon the First Movie?

(The one with the Gold stamp in the corner of the picture.)
TrollandToad sells it for $0.59 (so not valuable at all), but if it's still completely sealed, it goes for a bit more ($2-$4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
Attachment 64362

i hope that worked. i'm new at this, but I noticed this happens to be a numbered card. the other holos are not numbered, which seems to be a promo thing from what I've been able to find. Ledyba, Slowking, Marill, and Togepi. Another weird thing I noticed is they don't seem to have the marks on the bottom right corners like all the US versions do that denote rarity of the print.

edit: according to bulbapedia it is from the southern islands 1 expansion set and is listed at 10$ on ebay. pretty cool buy
Cool. Seems you found it. That set is actually a pretty rare find, being a limited promo set and all!
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Keikyua
Beginning Trainer

I'm looking everywhere to see if anyone has heard about this certain misprint!
I have an Ariados card, #20/123 out of the Diamond & Pearl Mysterious Treasures set.
But its name is not spelled "Ariados", it is spelt "Aariados".
I've heard many varied answers from "nothing" to "could be a lot!", but I was hoping someone around here knows the answer u_u
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:04 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Not really worth much at all. Probably $5 at most, most likely $2. Have you done any checks on it to see if it is a fake?
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Keikyua
Beginning Trainer

Yeah, I am quite positive it is real~
If it is worth so little, I think I'd rather keep it as a cool little memento n_n
Thank you!!
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
I don't own one but I am curious how much a Spanish Charizard in 1st edition is worth? assuming it's mint condition.
In a quest to capture the entire first series of the trading card game then going for the 1st edition rocket series .
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
purpleimp
Beginning Trainer

I HAVE A CHARIZARD NON HOLO LEGENDARY CARD(LAVA EDITION)#3/110 & WAS WONDERING IF IT IS RARE & HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?YTHANKS.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp44 View Post
I don't own one but I am curious how much a Spanish Charizard in 1st edition is worth? assuming it's mint condition.
Well, I'm seeing PSA graded ones for $95 US, so I'm guessing around $50 US for an ungraded one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleimp View Post
I HAVE A CHARIZARD NON HOLO LEGENDARY CARD(LAVA EDITION)#3/110 & WAS WONDERING IF IT IS RARE & HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?YTHANKS.
That is worth $15-$20 US, though it depends on the condition. To be near the top of that range, it probably has to be mint condition.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Well, I'm seeing PSA graded ones for $95 US, so I'm guessing around $50 US for an ungraded one.

That is worth $15-$20 US, though it depends on the condition. To be near the top of that range, it probably has to be mint condition.
I can pick up a Box for $250 that's all. So i am considering.
In a quest to capture the entire first series of the trading card game then going for the 1st edition rocket series .
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
LEXAcide
That 1 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPP View Post
Hi to everyone! I'm looking for somebody who will help me in calculating how much my cards are worth. I'm just selling my old collection from my childhood and I really don't know anything about those cards. Below I made a small list of my rare cards, and to make it easier I made also photos of my collection to recognize cards easier. If I think correctly, most of them are from basic set. Thanks in advance for any help!

Photos: dl.dropbox.com/u/26283946/foto.zip

Charizard (holographic)
Blastoise (holographic)
Beedrill
Pidgeotto
Raichu (holographic)
Nidoqueen
Nidoking (holographic)
Ninetales (holographic)
Wigglytuff (holographic)
Dugtrio
Poliwrath (holographic)
Alakazam (holographic)
Machamp (holographic)
Victreebel (holographic)
Magneton (holographic)
Gengar (holographic)
Hypno (holographic)
Electrode
Hitmonchan (holographic)
Chansey (holographic)
Electabuzz
Gyarados (holographic)
Lapras (holographic)
Vaporeon (holographic)
Kabutops (holographic)
Zapdos (holographic)
Dragonair
Mewtwo (holographic)
Misty's Cloyster
Brock's Onix
Lt. Surge's Raichu
Giovanni's NIdoking (holographic)
Koga's Pidgeotto
Dark Weezing
Go on the internetz and check if you have any colorless holos and or 1st editions. To find out what Shadowless or 1st Editions are, just google search it.

If you do have some, they are probably worth more!

Anyway I am interested in Victribell Holo, Gengar Holo, and Hypno Holo. If they are Near Mint anyway. I will pay you $2 each if you like. Or trade you for something you need.

Last edited by LEXAcide; May 23rd, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
SoulEdge

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more. *CENSOR BYPASS REMOVED BY MODERATOR*

Dragonite:13/20 Team Rocket and Dark type
Golduck:03/20 Team Rocket and Dark and water type
Articuno:10/20 Team Rocket Dark Type, holografic and pokemon ex

Dunno how to look if first edition Ew.

Last edited by donavannj; May 25th, 2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: removed censor bypass
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulEdge View Post
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more. *CENSOR BYPASS REMOVED BY MODERATOR*

Dragonite:13/20 Team Rocket and Dark type
Golduck:03/20 Team Rocket and Dark and water type
Articuno:10/20 Team Rocket Dark Type, holografic and pokemon ex

Dunno how to look if first edition Ew.
Don't have to worry about finding first edition on those cards. Unless they're in Japanese, they don't have first edition markings. I can tell that from your descriptions of them.

Though I will price those out later. Kind of have to rush off to work now.
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM
CardDealer58
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I was hoping you could help me with this, I don't have individual cards, but sets in packages.
1. 1999 2-player starter set, in the plastic with 1st edition Machamp holographic. I have two of them, one has a gold ribbon around it and one does not, does that change things?
2. Demo game for 2 players, 24 cards in the pack, unopened
thanks for your help!
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Dark Zoroark
Beginning Trainer

I looked up the 1st Edition Machamp on ebay and someone said that it costs around $1-$3.50. And for the demo game? I think it's around 20ish but not sure.
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
xSkullKing16x
Boo.

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zoroark View Post
I looked up the 1st Edition Machamp on ebay and someone said that it costs around $1-$3.50. And for the demo game? I think it's around 20ish but not sure.
For the 1st edition Machamp holo, I have seen it go for around $8.50.
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:26 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSkullKing16x View Post

For the 1st edition Machamp holo, I have seen it go for around $8.50.
It shouldn't be that high. I mean, even Troll and Toad has it for as low as $2.39.
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Russostackz
Beginning Trainer

Need help I have a ganger from the fossi pack all hologram the whole card never seen anything like it anyone know how much this card is worth
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here