The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:45 PM
An7h0ny
Beginning Trainer

Hello everyone. I just wanted to know if anyone knew how much my 2nd generation starter Japanese pocket monster cards were worth. I also have their evolution stages too, and their final stages are holo's. They are all illustrated by ken sugimori and all 1996. Thanks for any help.
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
steamahh
Beginning Trainer

galleryplus. ebayimg. com/ws/web/261035788058_1_0_1.jpg

I have the one in the above link. how much is it worth. it a japanese sneasel
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:53 PM
NoRefills
Beginning Trainer

Rayquaza Star
Clash of the Blue Sky
First Edition
067/082

I also have a strange Shellder card that no one has been able to explain
It's from Dragon Frontiers, but the weird thing about it is that only the S and half of the h of its name was printed on the card. So its name looks like "Sl". Has anyone seen other cards like this?
Old July 14th, 2012, 07:56 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukey.lukey View Post
Mewtwo #14 Promo
Rayquaza ex delta species 97/101
Regice star 90/92
Zapdos #23 Promo
Moltres #21 Promo
Mewtwo Kids WB #3 Promo
Kyogre ex 95/100
Hitmonlee 25/115 (Holo Gold Text)

Also are the delta species Holo cards worth anything?
Thanks,
Luke
Mewtwo #14 $2.
Rayquaza ex $10 to $12.
Regice $25 to $30.
Zapdos $1.
Moltres $1.
Mewtwo #3 $2.
Kyogre ex $7 to $9.

I don't know which Hitmonlee you're talking about, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An7h0ny View Post
Hello everyone. I just wanted to know if anyone knew how much my 2nd generation starter Japanese pocket monster cards were worth. I also have their evolution stages too, and their final stages are holo's. They are all illustrated by ken sugimori and all 1996. Thanks for any help.
Are they in the original binder for them? If they are, it's worth $15.
Otherwise, you'd be lucky to get $5 for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamahh View Post
galleryplus. ebayimg. com/ws/web/261035788058_1_0_1.jpg

I have the one in the above link. how much is it worth. it a japanese sneasel
At best, $1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRefills View Post
Rayquaza Star
Clash of the Blue Sky
First Edition
067/082

I also have a strange Shellder card that no one has been able to explain
It's from Dragon Frontiers, but the weird thing about it is that only the S and half of the h of its name was printed on the card. So its name looks like "Sl". Has anyone seen other cards like this?
Wait, is your Rayquaza Japanese? May need a bit of time on that, but a preliminary guess I have is $25.

As for that Shellder, I personally haven't seen any like that, but it's not worth anything significant at all as it's still a common.
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
SewSpooky
Beginning Trainer

I have a set of 1999 Japanese vending machine promo cards by Bandai/Carddass called 'Orange Islands' that are in mint condition. I have been searching Google, eBay, Amazon, etc and have only found 2 of them listed for $25 each. I have no clue what they are really worth.

Are they all considered 'rare' because they were only available for a short time in vending machines? I have 36 of them, all different numbers, but some are missing from the set. I don't expect you to price every single one of them, but if you could give me an idea of what a few of them are worth, I would greatly appreciate it.

This is what I have:

Thanks so much!
Ann
former 'PokeMom'
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:33 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Would you mind posting a picture up as an attachment to your next post in here? I am not familiar with this series of Japanese cards. My guess is the $25 price point is correct since it's probably more common than you would think and not very sought after by non-Japanese collectors.
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM
xxlaydeecarlyxx
Beginning Trainer

Hi, i have an pokemon card which is a trainer itemfinder holographic card 74/102, i cannot find this card anywhere on the net. It would be helpful if you could supply me with any info thanks.
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
SewSpooky
Beginning Trainer

It won't let me post a photo here until I've made 15 posts. I did make a photobucket account to post one of them though (front and back view)...username is the same 'SewSpooky.'

The prices that I found were for individual cards (just 2 though), not the whole set. But I can't imagine they would all be worth that amount each.

Thanks for your time and help!
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewSpooky View Post
It won't let me post a photo here until I've made 15 posts. I did make a photobucket account to post one of them though (front and back view)...username is the same 'SewSpooky.'

The prices that I found were for individual cards (just 2 though), not the whole set. But I can't imagine they would all be worth that amount each.

Thanks for your time and help!
Uh... no idea what the worth is, then. Never seen those before.

As for posting pictures up, I said to post them as an attachment, and adding an attachment is in the Additional Options box on the Post Reply page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlaydeecarlyxx View Post
Hi, i have an pokemon card which is a trainer itemfinder holographic card 74/102, i cannot find this card anywhere on the net. It would be helpful if you could supply me with any info thanks.
That... does not sound legitimate, as Item Finder does not have a holofoil version.
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Porynoir
Cool like that...

Nature: Relaxed
1. Celebi
2. Neo Revelation
3. 3
4. No
5. No

Also, it's Japanese.
Old July 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porynoir View Post
1. Celebi
2. Neo Revelation
3. 3
4. No
5. No

Also, it's Japanese.
That would be worth around $4.
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM
goarmy
Beginning Trainer

I have about 800 pokemon cards from before 2000. I need help identifying rare cards and a price for the whole lot. if anybody could help me out please message me!
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
I have a 1st edition alakazam card, I think 2 / 102, it's a halo, I need priced, I will grab it in a few and edit my post to see if I can get a general idea of what it is worth!!
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:28 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goarmy View Post
I have about 800 pokemon cards from before 2000. I need help identifying rare cards and a price for the whole lot. if anybody could help me out please message me!
If you could post just a few here, I could help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
I have a 1st edition alakazam card, I think 2 / 102, it's a halo, I need priced, I will grab it in a few and edit my post to see if I can get a general idea of what it is worth!!
Depending on its condition and whether it's shadowless or not (as in, does the box for the picture have a shadow around it or not), it could catch as low as $25 or as high as $50.
Old July 20th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Hi, my friend has this card and wants to know how much it's worth;

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:27 AM
goarmy
Beginning Trainer

i have two mewto cards, which are different from each other. one is very old and the other is newer and has glitter and stuff in the picture
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
tis69
Beginning Trainer

Just wondering how much is a complete full 1st edition with stamp shadowless base, jungle and fossil set worth ?? All 228 cards all in mint condition ??

thanks
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:26 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
Hi, my friend has this card and wants to know how much it's worth;
Ancient Mew is worth between $2 and $4. (that's both USD and AUD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by goarmy View Post
i have two mewto cards, which are different from each other. one is very old and the other is newer and has glitter and stuff in the picture
I need info more than that to price them! Maybe you can upload pictures as attachments to your next post? Uploading attachments is done via the Full Reply page, and the options to upload are below the box where you type your post up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis69 View Post
Just wondering how much is a complete full 1st edition with stamp shadowless base, jungle and fossil set worth ?? All 228 cards all in mint condition ??

thanks
Based on the prices I'm seeing about, the Base Set could catch as high as $600 by itself. Jungle and Fossil will probably catch $200 each. Depends on their condition, though.
Old July 21st, 2012, 01:12 AM
tis69
Beginning Trainer

Really is that all ?? I thought 1st edition would be alot more, oh well thanks
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

You kind of missed the boat on that, at least for now. Collectors aren't seeking those sets so much at the moment.
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
tis69
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
You kind of missed the boat on that, at least for now. Collectors aren't seeking those sets so much at the moment.
But why ??

I don't understand why they wouldnt be the most sort after of them all as surely they are the rarest pokemon set available ??
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Porynoir
Cool like that...

Nature: Relaxed
How much would 700 loose commons and uncommons ranging from any set be? Just an estimate please.
Old July 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis69 View Post
But why ??

I don't understand why they wouldnt be the most sort after of them all as surely they are the rarest pokemon set available ??
There are a few sets that are harder to come by due to limited sales of those sets, but the actual reason is simply that the vast majority of collectors with the money to buy complete sets already have those sets completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porynoir View Post
How much would 700 loose commons and uncommons ranging from any set be? Just an estimate please.
Your best bet would probably be to list them for between $50 and $75... some might be willing to pay more, but that's the range I think would guarantee a sell and sits closest to the general market value of what 700 commons and uncommons would be worth.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:12 PM
andy1991
Beginning Trainer

99% of my cards are the standard pokemon trading cards but I also have some that say 'Pocket Monster Card Game' on the back, and the writing on them is in Japanese. Does anybody know the value of these, all are holographic (shiny)

#59 Blaine's Arcanine - Gym Leader Blaine
#068 Dark Machamp - Team Rocket
#080 Dark Slowbro - Team Rocket
#172 Pichu - Neo Base Set
#150 Rocket's Mewtwo - Gym Expansion #1 - Team Rocket

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post pictures if necessary.

EDIT: just read first post, sorry for posting one more than 4 cards.
Plus, I have discovered I have a FULL set of the base set cards 102/102, and 64/64 jungle cards. How much are these fetching?

Last edited by andy1991; July 23rd, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1991 View Post
99% of my cards are the standard pokemon trading cards but I also have some that say 'Pocket Monster Card Game' on the back, and the writing on them is in Japanese. Does anybody know the value of these, all are holographic (shiny)

#59 Blaine's Arcanine - Gym Leader Blaine
#068 Dark Machamp - Team Rocket
#080 Dark Slowbro - Team Rocket
#172 Pichu - Neo Base Set
#150 Rocket's Mewtwo - Gym Expansion #1 - Team Rocket

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post pictures if necessary.

:)

EDIT: just read first post, sorry for posting one more than 4 cards.
Plus, I have discovered I have a FULL set of the base set cards 102/102, and 64/64 jungle cards. How much are these fetching?
Going off of memory on those Japanese cards, as it's getting late and I don't feel like hunting down prices right now, I think Dark Machamp and Dark Slowbro would fetch between $2 and $4, while Pichu and Blaine's Arcanine would catch $4 to $6, and Rocket's Mewtwo would probably fetch $5 to $7. Remind me to get back to you on those later.

As for the sets, it depends on whether it's all unlimited print (without the 1st edition stamp, which is a black circle with a 1 in it), all 1st edition, or a mixture of the two.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links