The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
latioslegends
What worries you masters you

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Hello all! I was seeing if anyone here could tell me what the following cards are worth. Thanks! =]

Charizard base set 1
Condition: Mint/Near mint- No scratches at all, not even on the holo portion, but there is a tiny bit of whitening at the top of the card on the backside; it isn't noticeable when you're not looking for it.

Mewtwo Lv. x Legends awaken 144/146
Condition: No scratches, however on the backside there is a few nicks of whitening; only noticeable at the bottom

Crystal Lugia Aquapolis
Condition: Mint: no wear or scratches at all.

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172

Last edited by latioslegends; July 25th, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:56 AM
SadNumel
I'm a very,very SadNumel.

Dark Charazaird Star Mint, No scratches. Never touched without the protective cover for 4 years.

Thanks!
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:59 PM
andy1991
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Going off of memory on those Japanese cards, as it's getting late and I don't feel like hunting down prices right now, I think Dark Machamp and Dark Slowbro would fetch between $2 and $4, while Pichu and Blaine's Arcanine would catch $4 to $6, and Rocket's Mewtwo would probably fetch $5 to $7. Remind me to get back to you on those later.

As for the sets, it depends on whether it's all unlimited print (without the 1st edition stamp, which is a black circle with a 1 in it), all 1st edition, or a mixture of the two.
BASE SET, JUNGLE SET, neither are first edition, except the Machamp card is first edition.

I also have 60/62 FOSSIL SET, none first edition. 2 cards missing are Holographic Dragonite, and none holographic Hypno. Am I best selling these holographics individually and giving away the none holographics?

Also have holographic Charizard, and holographic Dark Charizard neither are first edition.
Holographic Dark Gyarados, 8/82, not first edition.
Holographic Dark Alakazam, 1/82, Non-holographic dark alakazam 26/82., neither first edition

Are base set twos worth anything? I have a few of them, including base set 2 holographic Nidoqueen.

Gym Challenge
28/132 - Lt. Surge's Jolteon
30/132 - Sabrina's Golduck

Are there any webpages with up to date guides to save you helping all the time.
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:44 AM
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
Just from my thread about collecting the entire original set. A guy asked about a shadowless machamp. and Donavannj said around $8.00.

In reply to that. There is absolutely no way they are worth just $8.00 considering the only way you can get a shadowless machamp is in a shadowless theme deck and those theme decks are very much non-existant these days.

The machamp in shadowless is also considered true first edition by many. So the $60 dollar price is pretty accurate for mine and although it was never a popular card it's ridiculously rare to most other 1st edition cards that you can actually buy in sealed packs.
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Tehdevil
Beginning Trainer

How much do you think it's worth. Missprint shining celebi near mint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c.jpg‎ (55.8 KB, 15 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:45 PM
charlie13
Beginning Trainer

I have a holo aerodactyl pre release first edition
what does pre release mean on it and how much is it worth.

also i have some first edition commons how much are those worth?
and uncommon?
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:47 AM
TheKickingFiend
Beginning Trainer

Hi, I have a few questions about a couple typo cards I found in my old collection

Murkrow - Supreme Victors - 72/147
Error: k in Murkrow is capitalized, misspelling of the words opponents(no t), including (eacluding) and spotted (spottde)

Gabite - Supreme Victors - 59/147
Error: Missing t in the word opponent

Carnivine- Supreme Victors - 53/147
Error: Pokemon (Pok e mon)

Yanmega - Supreme Victors 14/147
Error: Pokemon (Pok e mon)

Wailord - Supreme Victors 47/147
Error: Word Whale isn't capitalized
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Dunno about this as I'm just curious, but...

Pikachu - Black & White 115/114, holographic w/ thunderbolt foil pattern down middle, silver star. Nothing incredibly special other than the fully holofoiled front and description.

Just curious because I saw this card listed as $20 or something on an online store and I happen to have it...if it's not actually rare just tell me a rough estimate I guess. I don't want to waste y'alls time.

Old August 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
daveygravey
Beginning Trainer

Hi,
I just came across a bunch of my old cards and was hoping for some ballpark numbers. All cards are mint/near mint condition.
1) Full base set (102)
2) Full jungle set (64)
3) Full fossil set (62)

If you can't price whole sets, could you please let me know what Charizard, Venosaur, and Blastoise from the base set are worth? I assume those are kind of the big three from my sets in terms of value. Thank you very much for helping out.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:03 PM
bartvanaken
As dutch as a windmill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie13 View Post
I have a holo aerodactyl pre release first edition
what does pre release mean on it and how much is it worth.

also i have some first edition commons how much are those worth?
and uncommon?
Your Aerodactyl is €4. Prerelease is just a cardrelease before the set comes out. most 1st edition uncommons are €1,- the prices of commons vary because of misprints and what not.. check the site I posted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Dunno about this as I'm just curious, but...

Pikachu - Black & White 115/114, holographic w/ thunderbolt foil pattern down middle, silver star. Nothing incredibly special other than the fully holofoiled front and description.

Just curious because I saw this card listed as $20 or something on an online store and I happen to have it...if it's not actually rare just tell me a rough estimate I guess. I don't want to waste y'alls time.
€15,- in mint condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveygravey View Post
Hi,
I just came across a bunch of my old cards and was hoping for some ballpark numbers. All cards are mint/near mint condition.
1) Full base set (102)
2) Full jungle set (64)
3) Full fossil set (62)

If you can't price whole sets, could you please let me know what Charizard, Venosaur, and Blastoise from the base set are worth? I assume those are kind of the big three from my sets in terms of value. Thank you very much for helping out.
Base set: € 450.00 (1st Edition), € 100.00 (Shadowless, unlimited), € 60.00 (unlimited)

Jungle set: € 90.00 (1st Edition), € 60.00 (unlimited)

Fossil set: € 90.00 (1st edition), € 60.00 (unlimited)

Base set January 2010, Jungle and Fossil April 2011, Beckett Pokémon Unofficial Collector.

Hope this helps :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1991 View Post
BASE SET, JUNGLE SET, neither are first edition, except the Machamp card is first edition.

I also have 60/62 FOSSIL SET, none first edition. 2 cards missing are Holographic Dragonite, and none holographic Hypno. Am I best selling these holographics individually and giving away the none holographics?

Also have holographic Charizard, and holographic Dark Charizard neither are first edition.
Holographic Dark Gyarados, 8/82, not first edition.
Holographic Dark Alakazam, 1/82, Non-holographic dark alakazam 26/82., neither first edition

Are base set twos worth anything? I have a few of them, including base set 2 holographic Nidoqueen.

Gym Challenge
28/132 - Lt. Surge's Jolteon
30/132 - Sabrina's Golduck

Are there any webpages with up to date guides to save you helping all the time.
actually, there is. it's a dutch site though... http://www.pokemon-paradijs.com/ruil...uilkaarten.php

Last edited by bartvanaken; August 14th, 2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: wanted to answer another post
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Thanks. So just to be sure, that since I usually use dollars, does that translate over to dollars (eg 15 euro -> ~$16)? If not, I can live with it, but it's nice to know if it does.

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Looking up on that Pikachu, it doesn't translate exactly evenly to its value the US. TrollandToad has it for $12, and listings on eBay range from $10 to $16, and 15 Euros is about equal to $18 at the moment. Though Bebesearch.com does have that for its price.

I do very much appreciate the pricing help, bartvanaken!

Do you know when prices on that Dutch site were last updated? I only see sets up to what was out in July of 2011, with the newest set there being the 2011 McDonald's promos.

bebessearch.com has a database of prices and links to find them on eBay and Google, but I'm not sure how up to date its prices are.
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Looking up on that Pikachu, it doesn't translate exactly evenly to its value the US. TrollandToad has it for $12, and listings on eBay range from $10 to $16, and 15 Euros is about equal to $18 at the moment. Though Bebesearch.com does have that for its price.

Do you know when prices on that Dutch site were last updated? I only see sets up to what was out in July of 2011, with the newest set there being the 2011 McDonald's promos.

bebessearch.com has a database of prices and links to find them on eBay and Google, but I'm not sure how up to date its prices are.
It was last updated in June/July 2012, though older sets haven't been updated quite as often (eg Black & White was last updated April 2012).

Old August 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
bartvanaken
As dutch as a windmill.

Quote:

Always happy to help out! The site does have the B&W Dark Explorers set, may 2012, but the other sets aren't updated. The site is an indication for mint cards and it says that it can only be used to make sure a trade is fair (loosely translated). Google has this to say =) 15 Euros = 18.4245 U.S. dollars. However, the card may be a bit more common in the States than here in the Netherlands.
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:37 PM
rambokiller
Beginning Trainer

Does anybody now how much a deck of 1st edition shadowless cards are worth? if you do, let me know.
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
foursquare
Beginning Trainer

So, uh... i kinda stumbled on to this site while trying to find the worth of some cards i just bought at a garage sale.... i got roughly 2000 cards for $2. and a bunch of them are shiny...
as per your format heres a few. I just want a rough idea on how much this stuff is worth. thank you.
Card name: Japanese.... not sure, im assuming zapados. a yellow angular bird.
Set: not sure, its like a little pokeball and it looks like BYM but im not sure.
collection thing: No.145, The back side says pocket monsters card game 1996.
Shadows: Yea there is a shadow behind the picture.

so from what i vaguely remember its one of those legendary birds. so i got a bunch of these shiny ones. theres the blue bird No.144, the flaming oneNo.146, 2 zapy onesNo.145, a charizard No.006, and a No.026... i havent even bothered going through the english ones yet. but if you could give me an idea. thank you again!
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Lost Crane
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foursquare View Post
So, uh... i kinda stumbled on to this site while trying to find the worth of some cards i just bought at a garage sale.... i got roughly 2000 cards for $2. and a bunch of them are shiny...
as per your format heres a few. I just want a rough idea on how much this stuff is worth. thank you.
Set: not sure, its like a little pokeball and it looks like BYM but im not sure.

so from what i vaguely remember its one of those legendary birds. so i got a bunch of these shiny ones. theres the blue bird No.144, the flaming oneNo.146, 2 zapy onesNo.145, a charizard No.006, and a No.026... i havent even bothered going through the english ones yet. but if you could give me an idea. thank you again!
Japanese Charizard (Base: 006) is roughly $25 in near mint to mint condition. A Japanese Zapdos (Base: 145) is roughly $4.
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:08 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambokiller View Post
Does anybody now how much a deck of 1st edition shadowless cards are worth? if you do, let me know.
As in, a complete set? Or do you just have a 60 card deck consisting of such cards?

Quote:

Regarding that first Zapdos with the PokeBall for a set symbol, it's a vending machine one. That goes for between $10 and $15.
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Elzar
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

The Japanese Base Charizard is worth $20-25 in mint, i managed to get one for as cheap as $9 in mint several months ago on ebay. As for the Japanese Fossil Zapdos its worth anywhere from $1 to $5 from my experience seeing the card sell. I hope when you go through the English cards you post a list of a few of them, i am quite interested to see what you snagged in those cards you got for such a low price!
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:39 AM
NyctiCorax
Beginning Trainer

I have a misprint neo genesis meganium (not sure whether it's 10 or 11 from that set, need to check, and I will make a photo when I get the chance).
It has a patch around the image edge where the green is more teal like, as if one of the colors in the printer failed to work correctly.

Is this known from other cards? I couldn't find any info on it anywhere I looked.
And how much could it be worth?

If you'd rather first see the image, I'll try and get it as soon as possible.
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:27 PM
ticktockclock
Beginning Trainer

mint 1st ed. charizard.

I have pics but it won't let me post them with <15 posts
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Elzar
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktockclock View Post
mint 1st ed. charizard.

I have pics but it won't let me post them with <15 posts
Well a PSA 9 graded one sold for $570 on ebay yesterday, i assume yours isn't PSA graded so it could be quite a bit less. If it is a 8-9 mint or better though its probably worth about $100-150. However looking at the most recent sell prices in the last 2 weeks on Ebay they are all going selling for a bit over $200.
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Heeblestruts
Beginning Trainer

Raichu 14/102 Holo Unlimited Non-Shadowless
The holofoil part is offset down about a half inch. Would this make it worth any more?
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeblestruts View Post
Raichu 14/102 Holo Unlimited Non-Shadowless
The holofoil part is offset down about a half inch. Would this make it worth any more?
Half an inch is practically half the card. It's more likely to make it worth less, not more.
Old August 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Heeblestruts
Beginning Trainer

Sorry, I meant about a half centimeter . Here's a picture:
tinypic.com/r/2q1dkzb/6
Does stuff like this happen a lot? I feel like it probably did when printing the cards.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here