The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Advertise here

Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:40 AM
Riansky
Purr

Advertise here
I've been searching on forums for quite awhille now and couldn't find anything related to my problem. The problem is when I exit from PokemonMenu I get a error like this :
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonPauseMenu:181:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'

PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:159:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Scene_Map:72:in `main'

Main:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Mainin `mainFunction'

OK

I have no idea about Rgss scripting so dunno what i have to do :/ I hope someone could help me with this.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
I'm guessing that by PokemonMenu, you mean the pause menu. I have not seen this bug and I've been using the newest version of essentials since its release.

So, my first question is, are you using the same saved game you were using in an earlier version of essentials?

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Riansky
Purr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGod64 View Post
I'm guessing that by PokemonMenu, you mean the pause menu. I have not seen this bug and I've been using the newest version of essentials since its release.

So, my first question is, are you using the same saved game you were using in an earlier version of essentials?
No its not a pause menu. Its a menu when you open the pause menu and click Pokemon.

And I'm not using any saved game..
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
Sorry, I do not have the error then... You said you don't know anything about RGSS scripting so I'm guessing you haven't made any changes?

Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Riansky
Purr

No I haven't made any changes... I've tryed clean Pokemon Essentials and the bug does not happen. But it happens in my game. And I'm using January version of PE.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Assuming it is indeed the latest Essentials, the "problem" line is the one that uses a move out of battle, specifically using it in the field (i.e. it closes the party screen first) and after checking whether it can be used at all.

Obviously something you've done has caused this problem. I would guess that you've added a new move that can be used out of battle, and that selecting it in the party screen doesn't return the proper information (it returns a range rather than [user,move id]). Either that or you've changed what happens when the party screen is closed, so that it returns something (a range); it should only return something if there's a move to be used, and -1 if not.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
Riansky
Purr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Assuming it is indeed the latest Essentials, the "problem" line is the one that uses a move out of battle, specifically using it in the field (i.e. it closes the party screen first) and after checking whether it can be used at all.

Obviously something you've done has caused this problem. I would guess that you've added a new move that can be used out of battle, and that selecting it in the party screen doesn't return the proper information (it returns a range rather than [user,move id]). Either that or you've changed what happens when the party screen is closed, so that it returns something (a range); it should only return something if there's a move to be used, and -1 if not.
I didn't add a move that can be used out of battle but I Indeed addet Pokemon following script by Help-14. Now that you said that I've might done something that caused this problem I've removed the pokemon following script and party screen works and closes normaly now.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here