Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page One time item pick-up/give script.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 24th, 2012 (03:56 AM). Edited February 24th, 2012 by Masterchief1755.

Edit: Actually figured out the setflag commands. New problem, however:

Hi all. I'm new here, and if this is a re-occurring thread I apologize. I've been using Advance Map for a little while and have ran into this problem a few times. I just want to see if it is avoidable, and if there's a workaround outside of just starting over.

Every now and then, I'll make a small script...the most recent being a give pokemon script. I added another command to it to test to see if it'd work since I'm in the trial and error process right now, and when I go to test it, all of a sudden the game won't open. So far that's happened around 3 times but I've never gotten out of Pallet Town due to just trying to grasp the concept of hacking these games. I can only imagine, however, that later in the game when I'm trying to actually make a story/game that could possibly be devasting. Thanks alot. The line I added is below.

PKSV is what I use. I originally started with the give pokemon command like I have many times. I then added the bottom talk command just to see if that's where it goes/how it works and this happened. Thanks for any help.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x1001
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon ZAPDOS 0x64 NUGGET 0 0 0
setflag 0x1001
storepokemon 0 ZAPDOS
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

#org $gave
message $talk2
$talk2 1 = don't be greedy
boxset 6
release
end
Old February 24th, 2012 (11:10 AM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Hello. Welcome to the Game Development section, which has nothing to do with Hacking. I thought the giveaway was in the forum description;
Quote originally posted by Game Development:
Come here to discuss your games, and the tools used to create them. (RM2K3, RMXP, Sphere, Game Maker, etc) This is NOT the place to discuss ROM Hacks, or anything related to them!
But clearly I was wrong. Next time try the ROM Hacking section. I'll be closing this.

Locked.

| | |
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links