Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 More than just Unova?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old February 28th, 2012 (06:22 PM).
"He was a laser fish."
Team Kalos

Nature: Quiet
For some reason when you guys mention traveling on one of Skyla's planes, I remembered that episode a long time ago where the gang traveled on a blimp lol and then it got stuck by lighting, and burned lol

Something super climactic like that, that's how what I want in a Pokémon game

Just thinking aloud, sorry lol I would love a second region, and I almost think they should be doing something like that, or just as drastic, if their adding a '2' to this.
Old February 28th, 2012 (06:25 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
@ Suicune. Maybe the Seven Sage fled to the islands after escaping from butter fingered Looker...and Ghetsis is located new in island seven, maybe in the Unoun chambers and discovers the God Stone and then returns back to Unova before you capture him...
Anyways more on a new area. I'll like to see what lies north of the Pokemon league...maybe in the new map they can remove those clouds in the art work and reveal entirely new places. Maybe something happens that causes the gyms to move north to the new areas of Unova
Old February 28th, 2012 (09:42 PM).
九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Team Kanto

Nature: Adamant
No. It will just be Unova and the few Islands around it. I highly, highly doubt we'll head to any other regions.
Old February 29th, 2012 (12:02 AM).
#TeamRockHillSC
Team Kalos
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
The NPC that says we can't fly on the planes because we have Pokemon is a jerk. I can almost hear him say that line in a condescending tone. Besides IIRC, flying on my Archeops didn't allow me overhead storage or in-flight snacks. And the turbulence was awful.

I'd much rather that they focus on tying up the loose ends in Unova before throwing another region at us. Caves can be expanded on, they have a whole bunch of high-rises in Castelia where you can only visit a few floors, and the whole Route 4 construction area which could become anything once completed, really. Leaving the home region isn't necessary to enrich the story and throw new plot elements at us to explore.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old February 29th, 2012 (01:56 AM). Edited February 29th, 2012 by wombateiro.
Team Johto

Maybe not a completely new region, but some new land in Unova. More areas based on NYC and some based on NY upstate.
Of course not all land drawn here but some of this:

Spoiler:

Map source: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=unova+new+york#/d4kqsns
Old February 29th, 2012 (06:16 AM).
Come and get me
Team Johto

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to infersaime
Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
Maybe not a completely new region, but some new land in Unova. More areas based on NYC and some based on NY upstate.

Spoiler:

Awesome map man I think that is possible with something like the boats in FR/LG to connect to the citys.
Old February 29th, 2012 (06:24 AM).
masquerade
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
@ Suicune. Maybe the Seven Sage fled to the islands after escaping from butter fingered Looker...and Ghetsis is located new in island seven, maybe in the Unoun chambers and discovers the God Stone and then returns back to Unova before you capture him...
Anyways more on a new area. I'll like to see what lies north of the Pokemon league...maybe in the new map they can remove those clouds in the art work and reveal entirely new places. Maybe something happens that causes the gyms to move north to the new areas of Unova ^_^
Yeah, that was my idea exactly with the North being kinda covered up, there is many open spaces in Unova that could potentially be explorable and I'd love to see them.
Old February 29th, 2012 (06:35 AM).
Little Monster
Team Johto

I don't think we'll get to travel to another region, mainly because Unova is so far away from the others, and I don't know, but to me it seems unlikely. If we do travel somewhere though, maybe it'll be to some kind of island? If so, I think we'll get there by plane or boat.

On another note, I'd like to see Gym Leader rematches in the games as well. Possibly even battles against the sages, even though that does go against them, since they want to free Pokémon etc.
Old February 29th, 2012 (06:42 AM).
wut?
Team Kalos
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by wombateiro:

Spoiler:
Wow dude, what's that map belong to? It's pretty awesome.

I definitely think we'll see a new land mass, whether it be a massive extension to Unova or a brand new region. I'm leaning towards this new area being directly connected to Unova, much like how Kanto and Johto are. It just wouldn't make sense to release these 'sequels' and not have something as big as this in the games. There's no way it's just the added stuff we see in regular 3rd versions.
Old February 29th, 2012 (08:55 PM).
Team Kalos

good to see that there is no theory saying Hoenn is going to be in this game. There were some people in Serebii saying that hoenn is going to be in this game some how.

Mamoswine FTW
Old March 1st, 2012 (03:17 AM).
tragedy
Team Johto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by pryce10:
good to see that there is no theory saying Hoenn is going to be in this game. There were some people in Serebii saying that hoenn is going to be in this game some how.
People have made a few theories on this here, but I too am hoping that this doesn't happen whatsoever. I really want Hoenn to be in its own game (that being RS remakes). I really think GameFreak should make more areas of Unova available and that map was a perfect plan @wombateiro.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old March 1st, 2012 (03:23 AM).
Team Johto

They will probably just add new few areas in Unova.
Old March 1st, 2012 (03:45 AM).
PkMn Trainer
Team Unova

Nature: Modest
Yeah about that...
Personally, I have nothing to lose if they add another region siding with Unova, I would actually LOVE it, but, with no certain reason, I doubt it would happen. What I can think of is some additional locations such as Islands or probably PART of a previous region.

Just small new locations and such. If we are to travel to a different region, most likely I believe we will be using Skyla's Jets. I think I recall her speaking of how easy is a trip from Unova to Sinnoh is didn't she? Well...I would love to see that happen...

Basically, why add different regions if they are irrelevant. We would love it, but the dev might not.
Old March 1st, 2012 (03:52 AM). Edited March 1st, 2012 by Blue.
masquerade
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Kaori:

People have made a few theories on this here, but I too am hoping that this doesn't happen whatsoever. I really want Hoenn to be in its own game (that being RS remakes). I really think GameFreak should make more areas of Unova available and that map was a perfect plan @wombateiro.
I second this completely, otherwise we wouldn't get our long anticipated remakes, but on a relative note we should be getting news shortly now and I'm really starting to think that more of Unova will be explorable, it's a large region and it wouldn't really make sense not to take place in it unless they can make a new region/location within a small time frame.

This looks like how the battle of Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza took place

Also, I was thinking about it and originally... Unova had NOTHING to do with Hoenn whatsoever, so to suddenly mix Hoenn with Unova would kind of mess things up wouldn't it?
Old March 1st, 2012 (04:03 PM).
#TeamRockHillSC
Team Kalos
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
I really don't want to see Hoenn (isn't that place 96.42087% water anyway?) I'm not buying R/S remakes, and I really don't want to buy B/W 2 only to have Hoenn forced down my throat anyway.

IIRC, Unova is supposed to be very far away from the other regions, so any new regions would more than likely have to be created especially for these games. And I'm going to reiterate, I don't want to see something like the watered down Kanto that was in G/S/C. GF either needs to make it a smaller region or make sure there's enough content in the other region so it doesn't seem bare.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old March 1st, 2012 (05:01 PM).
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721
Team Kalos

What about the Johto-equivalent being based off New England instead of New Jersey? Would that be a better idea?

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old March 1st, 2012 (05:21 PM).
Hacker in Training
Team Hoenn

This is a mixed topic theory (Unova expansion + gameplay wish-list): If I recall, Cynthia mentions something about a gathering of champions where they collect to do battle. What if we were introduced to a new area (similar to the Sevii isles perhaps, a mini region if you will) where this takes place. You have one central town where this takes place with a half a dozen towns scattered about. This could be a tournament. And to get in the tournament you have earn a sort of commendation. (kinda like a post-game gym mixed with the battle frontier) And you have to earn a new set of commendations to enter the tournament each time (ie. rematches with increasing difficulty) This new region (I'd love to see the area immediately right of the above New York/Unova map) adds way for plot advancement as well as a way to add to the post game experience.
Oh and the tournament pulls a random assortment of contenders from various gyms, E4, league champs, heroes, former villains(?), and other bad-asses through out the generations.

And when you've defeated every competitor ever and won the final tournament, you get a cut scene of fire-works and a parade. Then the game acknowledges your excellence and arbitrarily resets your game knowing it has no more challenges for you and there is nothing more you can accomplish. (jk)
Old March 2nd, 2012 (06:49 AM).
Team Unova

Quote:
I also think that Hoenn will be in the game, but nothing to do with R/S/E, but to continue the story, remember when the Shadow Triad gives you the Orbs and tells you that they helped Ghetsis to escape? they should continue on that in the next games
i think we would go back to hoenn as well
Old March 2nd, 2012 (02:59 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2012 by wombateiro.
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by KingCyndaquil:
sinnoh is too big to be put into this game

the overwelming refs. to Hoenn (Dive Ball works on underwater Pokemon now? come on...)

to answer your question, the Reason i think its a link to Hoenn is because if you think about it, how in any kind of way can the Creation Trio fit into the main story line? they can't, but what they are basicly telling you is that Ghetsis has no need for them, but it tells you that Ghetsis is collecting them, then he runs off some where, i think Rayquazas gonna play a part, but i could be wrong, we have basicly no info so we can't really call anybodys theory dumb.

I agree about references to Hoenn, but it would be better for Hoenn to be in separated remakes, not in B2/W2, because of having it's own storyline. If Hoenn would appear in B2/W2 it would be just a minor region and that would really bad... it would decrease chances for R/S remakes because Game Freak wouldn't make Hoenn remake after putting it in B2/W2.
Old March 2nd, 2012 (03:20 PM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.
Team Kalos

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I am against putting Hoenn in v2. I mean, its Black and white still, not a remake. And also not a minor region. The story would focus on Unova and what role would Hoenn play. Also, Hoenn geographically is too far from Unova.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 2nd, 2012 (03:25 PM).
Team Sinnoh

I dont see Game Freak putting Hoenn in when they could give it its own remake and make so much more money. Although with people who say it's too far... there is an airport in Unova that could take them anywhere pretty much so you can't really rule anything out.
Old March 2nd, 2012 (03:30 PM).
masquerade
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

If they put Hoenn in B2W2 generally, they will make much LESS money than they could potentially make with remakes which would be a foolish move on Gamefreaks part and when it comes to money, they want the most they can possibly get. Just realised it's Pokémon Smash tomorrow and I'm sure we'll get at least one video or screenshot... it's been one week and they did a similar thing with HGSS. Looking forward to it because we're bound to hear something on the related topic.
Old March 2nd, 2012 (04:00 PM).
Loses lots, but keeps trying!
Team Kalos

Nature: Timid
What would the three legendary Dragons, that created the Unova Region, be doing in Hoenn? The only one that would have an excuse is N's, because he bailed. The other two should still be in Unova.
Old March 2nd, 2012 (06:11 PM).
That 1 Guy
Team Hoenn

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by infersaime:
I don't think we gonna get another region there is just not enough memory on the cartridge.
And Unova have no connection to any of the other regions.
Butt I think we could get something like the sevii uslands in FR/LG I liked them.
I don't think this is true. Simply look at an R4. How many games it stores. Sure, generally DS cartridges don't have too much memory, but if Gamefreak upped their budget a tiny bit, they could easily squeeze any 2 regions together. Even 3 or 4.

That's just what I think.

Old March 2nd, 2012 (06:33 PM).
A wandering Elite Glaceon
Team Kanto

one things for sure, pokemon ruby and sapphire are the only versions that havent been remade yet, so itll definitly be remade, and with the new b/w sequels coming up, theyd definitly add new features and other stuf for a whole new feel to the game so that players can enjoy it n of course itll talk about what happened to N too, its the sequel after all. but im still not sure about ruby n sapphire region being in the new b/w 2 versions, since alot of people think so cuz of the colors of the numbers on the black and white 2 pictures, but adding another region to it would be nice, i'd like that. just a few more months til we know for sure. can't wait.

I do trades and gifting. Ask for more info.

I play tournaments IGN Tenshi♡(ss&black), Sahra(white) or Angel(ss)
my FC for Soul silver 4341-6764-0499(i finally found my game+ this is my main version i use to trade or play)
FC for Black: 3955 1930 3096 IGN: Tenshi♡
Versions i use: black, white, soulsilver, & platinum

Pokemontcg username:Ace_Glacia

Our Hearts are tainted only by our own hands.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links