Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2012 (06:35 PM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Trainer Evan:
What would the three legendary Dragons, that created the Unova Region, be doing in Hoenn? The only one that would have an excuse is N's, because he bailed. The other two should still be in Unova.
i ment the option to travel to hoenn, and its the most possible region that N went too, seeing Hoenn is the southern most Region in the game (based off japan) unnova being based off New York

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old March 2nd, 2012 (07:16 PM).
pryce10

I honestly do not think Hoenn is going to be in this game as much as I love that place. Reason being apart from many 'hits' about hoenn and hints that there N might be in " some reigion far far away" there isn't any direct link between unova and Hoenn. I also would like my pokemon region to be complete as possible and to have hoenn in this game leads me to fear that it might not be complete as it would be if Hoenn is in its stand-alone remake ( remember how Kanto was half-assed in G/S/C I fear something similer might happen in this game if Hoenn was to be in it.)

Mamoswine FTW
Old March 3rd, 2012 (03:07 AM).
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

When it says N has fled to a distant land.. it equally could be any land, there's no indication that Hoenn is the most likely to be it.

Team Platinum
Old March 3rd, 2012 (04:45 AM).
wombateiro
Trainer

If Unova is generally based on New York, maybe N fled to another place based on US? For example Miami - in B2/W2 they could add island based on Miami, giving player ability to travel there by boat or Skyla's plane. Miami has similar environment to Hoenn - both places are in the most tropical areas of US and Japan. I picked Miami because they could introduce tropical environment to 5 gen - cities on islands, tropical forests, swamps and maybe hurricanes. Later they could copy those things to R/S remakes.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (07:12 AM).
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
If Unova is generally based on New York, maybe N fled to another place based on US? For example Miami - in B2/W2 they could add island based on Miami, giving player ability to travel there by boat or Skyla's plane. Miami has similar environment to Hoenn - both places are in the most tropical areas of US and Japan. I picked Miami because they could introduce tropical environment to 5 gen - cities on islands, tropical forests, swamps and maybe hurricanes. Later they could copy those things to R/S remakes.
This is a really great idea, and I can definitely see it happening. I hope it does, too, because I love tropical areas in video games. :D
Old March 3rd, 2012 (07:19 AM).
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
Although I think it's highly unlikely, I sure hope so. Black and White has gotten very old for me for a while now and if it's just a 'remake' with hardly any differences then I'll be sad D:
Old March 3rd, 2012 (07:51 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
I agree about references to Hoenn, but it would be better for Hoenn to be in separated remakes, not in B2/W2, because of having it's own storyline. If Hoenn would appear in B2/W2 it would be just a minor region and that would really bad... it would decrease chances for R/S remakes because Game Freak wouldn't make Hoenn remake after putting it in B2/W2.
that maybe true, but we got two Rayquza events, Kyogre and Groudon in HG/SS and obvious hints in BW2 all around this time

of course i want Hoenn Remakes, but putting them in the games won't affect sales by a large margin at all, thats like saying that putting Kanto in GSC affected sales for FR/LG, which isn't the case

its possible for for them to want every region put on the DS, every other one was on it, why should Hoenn be different?

although, it is possible that more parts will be explorable which seems more likely.

Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:02 AM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Hoenn's definitely not being tossed into the mix because, like the four other main regions, it's based on a region in Japan, therefore it's far away from Unova. It would be completely irrelevant to the game, and I think most people would prefer Hoenn to have its own story not mixing with others.

But it might share some sort of connection, like how Platinum hinted several things about Johto, like Red Gyarados. Maybe B2/W2's story might be happening at the same time as R/S/E's story, like a newscast on television saying how Hoenn is being drenched by a downpour, or suffering from a drought.

But sticking to the topic, no, I don't think there will be a new region. B2/W2, in my speculation, takes place after B/W, so since Unova is so advanced in construction and building, there can be a lot of new routes and buildings to explore. Maybe even extra landmasses, like mountains and caves; caves might have been dug deeper by explorers or archaeologists, etc.

We might get a set of (undiscovered?) islands to explore, maybe with new Pokémon (a small batch from Generation VI), or new branch evolutions (since there were none in B/W), or variations to existing Pokémon (like how the Orange Islands' Pokémon had different designs or colours on their bodies). I'm really hoping for new evolutions. After all, this game might not be the fifth generation, it might be the fifth and a half. :D
Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:09 AM).
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Hoenn? I see no way that Hoenn could be part of either of these games. xD; Not only would I not want it to be, because I want Hoenn to get it's own games again, but like others have said, it's far away from Unova. You'd have to have the characters fly there, and I'd rather some new area anyway. I'm not sure how they're going to manage making B&W more awesome than they already were, because that seems hard to do, but I'd like to see maybe some smaller extra map, where you could catch Pokemon from older regions. That's really all I'm hoping for. xD;

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:21 AM).
Joshawott

I, personally, can definitely see Hoenn being a major part of Black and White 2, but would much rather them have their own games.

As for where the games will take place, I really can't see it being anywhere else than somewhere new. The games are sequels and not mere third entries, so it wouldn't make very much sense if we went through all of the same areas from the originals. Now I'm not saying some of them (i.e. Castelia City) won't be accessible, but I just see an additional section of Unova being the most likely.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:50 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by KingCyndaquil:
that maybe true, but we got two Rayquza events, Kyogre and Groudon in HG/SS and obvious hints in BW2 all around this time

of course i want Hoenn Remakes, but putting them in the games won't affect sales by a large margin at all, thats like saying that putting Kanto in GSC affected sales for FR/LG, which isn't the case

its possible for for them to want every region put on the DS, every other one was on it, why should Hoenn be different?

although, it is possible that more parts will be explorable which seems more likely.
That's not a good comparison as Kanto had a pause with RS but if Hoenn was in B2W2 and remade it wouldn't have a pause plus if they want to make all of gen 5 on the DS it'll have the same graphics as it's B2W2 counterpart...also the HgSs events were for Dex purposes and the events going on now in Japan are to celebrate RS 10th anniversity (most likely cause unlike HgSs, RS remake aren't coming out in time for their anniversity so the events are a substitute.)

I think they should focus on increasing Unova's size (
and it's story. Unova needs more of it's own land that can be exporable.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (12:33 PM).
aperso
Please feel free to VM rndom fruit types.

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:

I think they should focus on increasing Unova's size (
and it's story. Unova needs more of it's own land that can be exporable.
I completely agree with you there. Black and White was too small for a region in my opinion. So there does need to be more areas to explore. Maybe more dive places perhaps?

Old March 3rd, 2012 (12:40 PM).
Community Supporter

^ Yes they should definitely put more dive areas...this time they should add seaweed where we can find Pokemon like in RSE. Also they should put more water...to me it felt even more lacking in water than even Sinnoh was, at least add one major water route (and make it so that the Super rod is obtained earlier.)
I'll also like it if we could explore the large two mountains in Unova more...
Old March 3rd, 2012 (12:55 PM).
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

They should possibly do this in Hoenn or so, because that many fans wanted a Ruby and Sapphire remake, so that N might arrive to Hoenn. Or that they might continue in Unova, at a new exciting place or so.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (12:56 PM).
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by aperso:
I completely agree with you there. Black and White was too small for a region in my opinion. So there does need to be more areas to explore. Maybe more dive places perhaps?
How exactly is Unova small? It has 18 routes but it has tons of other areas, such as caves, mountains, towers, forests, etc. It's actually a little bigger than Kanto and Johto (separately.)

I do think that they will take advantage of the fact that Unova is far away and connected to a larger peice of land. I think we might see a Johto-like expansion on Unova without new Pokemon, and they will call it East Unova or some crap like that.

Or Hoenn. I'd like Hoenn.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (01:08 PM).
Cazzef
Pokémon Trainer

I don't think any other regions are going to play a part in this game, I hope we travel to an 'unexplored' area of Unova or travel through islands like in FR/LG. I hope its the latter though.

Old March 3rd, 2012 (01:25 PM).
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

I think it's most likely going to be a new region, these games are unpredictable and to see a fresh, new area would be great.

Team Platinum
Old March 3rd, 2012 (01:54 PM).
Community Supporter

^ I agree, we need something new added into these games to make them different.
Also for all we know N could've gone to Kanto, Johto, or Sinnoh (and the first won always seems to appear each gen...plus it'll tie the series back to where it began, Kanto 4+ years into the future.
I think the new area will likely be Northern Unova rather than Eastern Unova, but the east could work seeing how it's Kyurem's side of Unova (West is Reshiram/Zekrom).
Old March 3rd, 2012 (07:16 PM).
Jak
daяk εco frεak

I hope to God that Hoenn isn't included in this. For one, it's probably too far away from Unova, and for two, I'd rather Hoenn get full attention and have RS remakes. But anyway, I don't doubt that there will be a new place, or places, added in B2W2. Maybe something Sevii Islands-esque? But saying that makes me think of FRLG, which in turn makes me shudder. Brrr.

チュリネ
The leaves on its head grow right back even if they fall out.
These bitter leaves refresh those who eat them. Unless you're a rude ho.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (10:08 PM).
J_BiGGiE
Hacker in Training

Quote originally posted by Landorus:
How exactly is Unova small? It has 18 routes but it has tons of other areas, such as caves, mountains, towers, forests, etc. It's actually a little bigger than Kanto and Johto (separately.)
True. But those routes seemed to me in many places awfully short. For instance route 12, between Village Bridge and Lacunosa Town takes, on bike, maybe three seconds to traverse. And that is a separate route in it's own right. The same goes for all of the eastern main-land routes. I agree that Unova is larger than it appears, but it does give the illusion of being smaller.

That being said Hoenn will definitely be in B2/W2! (sorry couldn't resist a troll)
Old March 3rd, 2012 (10:51 PM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Oh yeah, Dive! It would be really neat if Dive could be put into the game, since it would easily hint at the R/S/E remakes, and would give a great way to add more explorable areas into Unova. Unova was so large, but the massive size seemed underused, even if a lot of it was used.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (10:55 PM).
Joshawott

Yeah, I really hope we get to dive more in Black and White 2, but at the same time I hope Game Freak doesn't overdue it with the amount of water routes, because for me, that's what makes the third generation games the worst.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:21 PM).
Simmy93
Aspiring Emulator

Nature: Sassy
I personally think they'll just throw in a battle frontier, a few routes, maybe a town, flesh out the giant chasm to fit with the new story. Add a bit of story post-B/W and that'll be about it. The fact that there will be two doesn't change the fact it'll be a standard '3rd' game. That's my thinking anyway..

Oh, and those who think they'd pass up the chance to repackage and resell Hoenn are being silly, at the end of the day Nintendo are not doing well and they will not pass up a chance to flesh out and remake what they know will sell.

Team:

Pokemon Platinum
Old March 4th, 2012 (02:43 AM).
potent445
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
I really hope Hoen in this game and can see it happening unfortunatly It will be unlikly as Hoen is far away from Unova. They would have to tie it in with N and Skyla's plane to make sense. As for adding new areas such as an eastern Unove type thing I dont think they can if they want it to be accessable with BW. I was talking to one my friends and he said something about BW not having the Data for new cities. For example just say theres an eastern Unova and a city in there called Yellow Town (original I know). If you caught a pokemon from there and transfered it to BW what would it say in the met tab, ???? most likely. Buts that just what I was told and could be completly wrong.

Thats why I can see them doing Hoen or another region and i dont believe that adding Hoen will kill the remakes, i know for one ill buy them even if Hoen is in BW2. The sevii islands is very possible as well since BW would have the data. Anyway thats just my 5 cents worth and it will probably be set in Unova 5 years from the event. As long as they have a good battle frontier and move tutors ill be happy.
Old March 4th, 2012 (08:27 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

There was a lot of construction going on in Unnova, that's how i kinda figured a sequel, and i was right :D

back to my point, if another region isn't in the games, i think they would open up these areas

for example, there was an unexplored cave by the cold storage (I believe) and the desert path

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links