The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Ultimo1991
Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Ultimo1991
I would like to see Hoenn just not in B2W2 i would love to see it in possibly a newer and longer story of hoenn as a remake better graphics of course and more plot hopefully...

Owner and Creator of pokemon Infinity/Starlite/Galaxy
Pokemon Infinity recruiting if ya wish to help plz visit Team Ultimo team thread thx and i appreciate it:D
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
avolonsaber

I don't think there's going to a new region, and I don't really want one. As to why I don't think we'll see Hoenn or a new region, well, there's clearly new areas/things on the map and if you look closely you can new areas under the glacier. It looks like the Abyssal Ruins have surfaced, there's a lake or something near the Pokemon League, and another area west of that.

A new region post-game also means every Trainer needs to have like level 50+ Pokemon, which would be a terrible, because if they ever used the new region(or Hoenn)again all the Pokemon would have to be leveled back down. Unless they pulled some kind of "Black/White 2 take place years after the events in this region, which is why everything is so highly leveled."

It's not like I don't wanna walk through Hoenn again, I love Hoenn, which is exactly why I don't want it shoehorned into Black/White 2 as post-game content. Hoenn deserves it's own remake(s), damnit.
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:04 PM
RedJ
Beluga.

Nature: Quiet
I doubt we'll go to another region, especially Hoenn, which I'm sure will get their own remakes. Although if we DO go to another region, I'd say you would go there either by boat, or by Skyla's cargo plane. I mean, I don't see why they would just throw in that runway and plane thing if they didn't plan on using it somehow.

Old April 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Clacla
officer friendly

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clacla
As much as I would love to see Hoenn brought back in B2/W2, I find it unlikely. In Platinum, I recall people making the same hopes, just to get shot down. If Hoenn is in the new instalments, then great, and if not, I'll still be content with the other features.
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I'm not for regions at large really after I saw all the improvements they added to the current one, so they don't really need another region to solidify what they have going on right here. Just improve what you already got and they should be fine and that is what I believe they are doing in this instance.

As far as the previous Hoenn as a second region to Unova, I still don't understand that standpoint. Are we not going for RS remakes? Yeah I am sure that would go over well with GF "Hey lets lose money and this huge potential lucrative game. You know considering how successful our other remakes were... So yes lets just throw away free money instead of splitting the games into multiple ones."

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old April 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
apahllo
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I'm not for regions at large really after I saw all the improvements they added to the current one, so they don't really need another region to solidify what they have going on right here. Just improve what you already got and they should be fine and that is what I believe they are doing in this instance.

As far as the previous Hoenn as a second region to Unova, I still don't understand that standpoint. Are we not going for RS remakes? Yeah I am sure that would go over well with GF "Hey lets lose money and this huge potential lucrative game. You know considering how successful our other remakes were... So yes lets just throw away free money instead of splitting the games into multiple ones."
i understand where your coming from. dividing the game up ala starcraft 2 is great market strategy but you cant just improve the tools of the game, tweak a story and call them legit new games. without the loving fan base(which i will forever be apart of and buy every game no matter what.) gamefreak would have lost the series due to no progress. blizzard, on the other hand. made a whole new type of campaign from the first sc and the expansion, so their split up is justified.

tbh, i am amazed that game freak has gotten away this time and time again. i mean the series hasn't really gotten past G/S/C. black and white was a step up but it was about time. there are a lot more areas to explore and things were really thought through ie; pokemon centers/marts(took long enough...) having the prof./champion/gym-leaders be a bigger part of the story and third person to take the third pokemon. so its good to see them finally making progress in the right direction. gts was another step forward, but it would have killed the franchise to not have it.

in the 2nd gen there was some serious progress which we didnt see any again, of the same magnitude until b/w. i mean R/S and P/D were HUGE dissapointments aside from gts and the 2 big legendaries(3 with rayquza). i mean you cant introduce a vastness in a game like the 2nd gen then release so many games after that are so small.

its about time to see some serious progression in this series. not only the vastness of it but the whole dynamic of the game. the excuse of dont change it if it aint broke wouldnt be able to fly for any other game on the planet.

Last edited by apahllo; April 18th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clacla View Post
As much as I would love to see Hoenn brought back in B2/W2, I find it unlikely. In Platinum, I recall people making the same hopes, just to get shot down. If Hoenn is in the new instalments, then great, and if not, I'll still be content with the other features.
I remember people saying the same during some of the HgSs speculation...
I think this game is already full enough with the new areas added, Hoenn would be quite choppy if they were to simply add it...it'll be best to give it it's own remakes to bring out it's full shine.
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
It would be nice to see Hoenn again, but I'd rather have them make that region playable in the remakes. I'm thinking this way to potentially have a high-quality region for each game that is not cut-off because of a lack of space. I remember GSC having to remove Kanto's Safari Zone and Viridian Forest because of that, and I wouldn't want them to repeat this. If they ever decide to add something like FR/LG's Sevii Islands or GSC's Kanto, then they should double their efforts in making them as good as they possibly can.

And if they can't do all that, then I suggest that they simply don't. I'll still be happy without another region. The new and improved Unova will probably feel like a "more than just Unova" anyway.
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:35 AM
BryGuy Shinigami
Psychic Pokemon Prophet

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to BryGuy Shinigami
At first I thought adding Hoenn would be a bright idea, but seeing you guys points on why Hoenn shouldn't be added in BW2 (and hopefully gets its own remake), I now see what y'all mean. I actually hope for a new sub-region that wasn't available in BW1 and it has a couple of towns/cities and routes and a few things to do to keep us entertained after the main game. I hope that it's accessible by Skyla's plane (plus it would be cool if they made a climatic scene of you and Skyla in the air), and maybe even have some Pokemon you couldn't catch before and a little plot in it.

White: ASHLEY-4298 7627 2928
SoulSilver: BRITNEY-3053 0208 4241
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjacketalchemist View Post
I doubt we'll go to another region, especially Hoenn, which I'm sure will get their own remakes. Although if we DO go to another region, I'd say you would go there either by boat, or by Skyla's cargo plane. I mean, I don't see why they would just throw in that runway and plane thing if they didn't plan on using it somehow.
Boat would make sense. Cause... on the left there's still hints to another area and considering the plane is only connected to the mountain from what we speculate, we could get a taste of a new region by sorta going off-side on the boat and getting somewhere new for a post-game twist. :3

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
If anything, I think we'll go to like a Battle Frontier or something, kinda like what we saw in DPPT. I really doubt we'd go to Hoenn or any former region.
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:42 AM
giradialkia

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I'm afraid to say that I highly doubt we'll be able to go to another region in B2W2. The whole "Travel to another region" thing seems to be a strictly Tohjo thing, IMO. In FireRed/LeafGreen, I was sorta expecting to be able to go to a pre-GSC Johto, seeing as by the time they came out, we were aware that Johto existed. I was obviously wrong but we were able to go to the Sevii Islands, so there's the other 'region' we got to travel to in a Tohjo-game.

Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, I don't think we'll be travelling anywhere else in B2W2, even though we have an airport and a huge harbour. Seeing as we know we're going to be playing through Unova from the get-go, I don't think we're going to be going to another region. Also, Unova is without doubt going to be expanded to a decent extent, so Game Freak'll probably think that's enough for us fans.

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp
Old April 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM
apahllo
Beginning Trainer

having another region after unova doesnt mean they will change what happened in that region. it just means that you have something to do(old gyms) and more places to catch wild pokemon, instead of importing them from old games. which is a cheap excuse to have only 1 region...
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
To be honest, GameFreak including older Pokémon in these games only leads for me to think that this is very unlikely to happen. They could have just escaped the regions yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one region or another has to be included in the games for this to make sense. Plus you'd think it would be leaked/hinted to already if it was true. Like maybe a silhouette in the map or even Junichi Masuda questioning something like "Could there be more than just Unova?" (lol thread title). Then again, I could be wrong and GF could just be saving the news for late. Still, I just don't see it happening.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I hope we get the chance to travel to Hoen If not for the heck of it, to be able to obtain all of the third generation Pokés that have been unavailable through the last two gens.
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM
apahllo
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
To be honest, GameFreak including older Pokémon in these games only leads for me to think that this is very unlikely to happen. They could have just escaped the regions yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one region or another has to be included in the games for this to make sense. Plus you'd think it would be leaked/hinted to already if it was true. Like maybe a silhouette in the map or even Junichi Masuda questioning something like "Could there be more than just Unova?" (lol thread title). Then again, I could be wrong and GF could just be saving the news for late. Still, I just don't see it happening.
arent pigey and zubat in every game? i cant remember one with out geodude either...
Old April 20th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Sodapop
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I would like to see Kanto again, hopefully you could visit all
of the regions.
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by apahllo View Post
arent pigey and zubat in every game? i cant remember one with out geodude either...
Nope, Black and White changed that. Before the National Pokédex all you could get was the Pokémon in Unova.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop View Post
of the regions.
PLEASE NO! :[ Tired of that region. Really, I don't want anything more than just Unova to be honest. Traveling all of the regions is just way too much, and makes the purpose of these games being a sequel at loss.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Really, for them to add Hoenn or any other region would be ridiculous. Completely. It would actually make LESS sense for them to be there. I mean, the ONLY connection they have to every other region is that they have a Pokemon League, Pokemon Centers and Marts, Trainers, Pokemon. Not only that but it's be said many times that the Unova region is more than likely on a completely different continent. Why and how on Earth would Hoenn or the others be connected to it? As much as I believe there will be an R/S remake, I don't see it happening too swiftly, nor do I see Hoenn in this game. Hoenn had its own game, and so did Unova, and that's how they should stay: in.there.own.game. Putting another region in there just because "it makes sense" would be ridiculous. Pokemon have QUITE an amazing ability to travel. It only makes sense that they would be able to make it to Unova. All the way from natural migration to people who travel around the world bringing Pokemon to the Unova region.

So, no, I do not think there will be any other region in this game, and I'm quite pleased at that.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
I think if we do get anything, it wouldn't be as grand as an entire second region. Perhaps a few islands, or some access to new towns by going through Anville Town. I bet we'll see the return of the battle frontier, though. (At least I hope so. Battle subway got boring pretty quickly)
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

I agree, I don't expect anything more than the new areas shown and a couple of new islands, maybe some new areas of Northern Unova if we're lucky.
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop View Post
of the regions.
Nah that'd be an overdose. I know it means this'll be the only generation w/o Kanto, but really, I don't think B2/W2 needs it. ;; Sinnoh, defs not. Johto or Hoenn I'd be "okay" with as an extra at the end but it might make the games too longggg.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
~ pumpka
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I dont think we'll get a full second region, maybe just a Sevii Islands type area or two.
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:39 AM
apahllo
Beginning Trainer

well the second trailer made it pretty obvious that there are going to pokemon from other generation. im hoping this means there is also another region. i know a lot of you are saying it would upset the flow of other regions and such but i think it has to be done. they cant keep releasing 1 region games. there has to be more to do in a game then 8 gyms and the elite 4. oh and catching them all.
Old April 21st, 2012, 02:04 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by apahllo View Post
well the second trailer made it pretty obvious that there are going to pokemon from other generation. im hoping this means there is also another region. i know a lot of you are saying it would upset the flow of other regions and such but i think it has to be done. they cant keep releasing 1 region games. there has to be more to do in a game then 8 gyms and the elite 4. oh and catching them all.
Even the first trailer did :x But yeah... just because there's past generation Pokemon doesn't mean there's necessarily a new region (or past region). Besides, there could always be an extended post-game tbh which could make up for a whole new region. BUT I would be fine if they did what the previous poster suggested of the islands. :3 Anything new would be nice tbh, and if anything something small would be most likely. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

~ pumpka
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links