The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2012, 02:58 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

Indeed, just because some of the older Pokemon are present doesn't necessarily mean they'll bring in any other region. Though I do wonder if they'll have some sort of in-game explanation for that or something, like the Pokemon have migrated or whatever.

Anyway, I doubt that they'll include one of the previous regions, or an entire new one, though the introduction of a new small area of Unova a la Sevii Islands as mentioned by others sounds like a great idea. I mean, there's the airport(s?) and Castelia piers, so it would be actually kind of cool to get to use them outside of events.
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
apahllo
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Even the first trailer did :x But yeah... just because there's past generation Pokemon doesn't mean there's necessarily a new region (or past region). Besides, there could always be an extended post-game tbh which could make up for a whole new region. BUT I would be fine if they did what the previous poster suggested of the islands. :3 Anything new would be nice tbh, and if anything something small would be most likely.
well as some said before, unova was exclusive. but a sequel begs for more. you cant have a sequel just be another story and some cool tricks. there has to be progress and i hope nintendo starts stepping up the ante.

this game is still up in the air though. theres little known about it and that which is known is picked apart and raped by everyones opinion. im shaking in my boots in anticipation. hope it wont disappoint by only being a new story for unova...
Attached Images
File Type: png tpw7sy1qiug4nkb_6-myyw2.png‎ (241.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg aw-yeah-meme.jpg‎ (18.1 KB, 4 views)
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Nature: Quirky
I'd like to see any new region limited to just islands. As G/S/C/HG/SS showed, anything that involves a whole other eight badges would result in said secondary region being badly watered down to fit in with the level cap restrictions. I would like to see some new territory to explore though, that's not a full blown region (something Sevii-sized would be ideal), and I'm hoping that can somehow be linked to some sort of criminal element being operated in that area.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
XDX
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
has anyone noticed, that the BW2 image of the player outside a beach hut with the gym leader looks like a revamped Pacifildlog Town? and the one on a beach with the rival and the gym leader coming off of what looks like a boat, looks like Dewford Town. just saying but you never know, maybe you can go to Hoenn????
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Forever

Maybe it could be something modeled after Hoenn. Keep in mind that these games are 2 years later, and just because it looks like Hoenn locations doesn't mean that they necessarily are in Hoenn. Perhaps the designer of that location just liked how Hoenn looks or could've expanded upon Route 17/18.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™

Stuff based on Hoenn is something that needs to be saved for Hoenn, IMO. I'm not playing a Unova-based game just to be forced to explore something that resembles my least favorite region.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty
Honestly? I'm getting that gut feeling of having those extra islands, like with what FireRed & LeafGreen had. Those extra side quests sure are fun.

But if they were ever going to have any modeled base region, they should focus on Hoenn for the remakes, whenever they decide to do those. We're at Unova and should be focusing on Unova alone. I mean, we could perhaps get an event here and there to visit a region where that specific Pokemon (Legendary) could be touring. Like how that Arceus event took place in Sinnoh in HeartGold/SoulSilver to give birth to that Dragon Trio. Otherwise, all must remain in Unova!
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS MAY 1! 000/721

THE SINJOH RUINS ARE NOT IN SINNOH. Now that that's been cleared up...

Putting Hoenn into B2/W2 would upset the fanbase that wants R/S remakes. We know there has to be some use for the Shoal Cave items that were inexplicably in B/W, but I don't see this being it.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 5804 7602

Just because I have Asperger's, people think I'm stupid.
I'm not. I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

We do know that Unova itself has grown since the B/W, so that may be all we get. Though, there are probably new areas spread across the entire region now with some of the older ones absent.

But, I don't think we'll get another region, or probably even a sub-region. To be honest, I kinda hope we don't. FR/LG got the sub-region, G/S/C and HG/SS got a whole region. As long as there are decent amount of new areas in Unova, there isn't a need for somewhere else to go.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:50 AM
P0kelegend

Someone else on another forum picked up on this...

Quote:
The official website has announced the release of B2W2 walkthrough guides in June and July. The interesting part is that there will be two separate adventure guides released by the same company (Media Factory), which is unusual. Like in most cases, Media Factory released a single guide for Black and White. Have they ever released two guides for a single pair of games before? Yes, for HGSS; the first guide was about Johto and the second one covered Kanto.
That's VERY interesting IMO and I think is quite a hint to B2W2 having another large area off the current Unova map.
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Forever

Hmmm... well, B/W did release the two part guides, actually. One had the walkthrough and one had the full pokedex, but as mentioned if it's walkthrough guides specifically, hmmm makes other regions/expanded region seem a little more plausible.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™

IIRC, for D/P, the first guide covered up to the Elite Four, while the second did postgame things and the full Pokedex. So, there's likely to be at least as much post-game content as there was in D/P (which IMO is still better than B/W).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Hmmm... well, B/W did release the two part guides, actually. One had the walkthrough and one had the full pokedex, but as mentioned if it's walkthrough guides specifically, hmmm makes other regions/expanded region seem a little more plausible.
Black and White's Guides were Volume 1 Main Story up to Elite 4. Second Guide was Pokedex for Unova Pokemon and After Story Guide where it told you how to catch the extra legends Kyurem and Landorous, where to find the the Six Sages for the other TMs, and a bit on Abyssal Ruins. I wanna say since D/P they have always had 2 guides, one for the main story and the other for after story info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
IIRC, for D/P, the first guide covered up to the Elite Four, while the second did postgame things and the full Pokedex. So, there's likely to be at least as much post-game content as there was in D/P (which IMO is still better than B/W).
There has never been a lot of Post Game content on any of the games outside of the thirds and Remakes. First Games, once you beat the E4 that was pretty much it. All you had left to do was catch a few Legends.

Thirds and Remakes, once you beat the E4 you have Battle Frontier. Neither of which is more than maybe 5-7 hours of serious play. Pokemon games have always lacked in the post game aspect. I don't expect any change to this.
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There has never been a lot of Post Game content on any of the games outside of the thirds and Remakes. First Games, once you beat the E4 that was pretty much it. All you had left to do was catch a few Legends.

Thirds and Remakes, once you beat the E4 you have Battle Frontier. Neither of which is more than maybe 5-7 hours of serious play. Pokemon games have always lacked in the post game aspect. I don't expect any change to this.
Well, that probably explains why they were able to combine post game content and the full Pokedex and still keep the thing at a reasonable (i.e., not phonebook sized). I think maybe there were four or five routes and a Battle Tower post game in D/P?

Somehow though, it felt like more was going on in D/P than in B/W. Might have just been me *shrugs*

In any event, some sort of criminal element post-game would be appreciated, something besides what amounted to a scavenger hunt in B/W, at the very least. Doesn't even have to be connected to the "main" evil team. Who says rogue gangs aren't running around?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
P0kelegend

It's different than the typical 2nd 'Pokedex' guide that other games have. Those were Pokedex guides which focused on the little bit of post-game too, but this one is part 2 of the adventure guide which means its a continuation meaning there must be LOTS to cover in the game. I think its plausible that one book will focus on one region, and the second book will focus on another. Although it could just be a case of the game having LOTS and LOTS of content in Unova so it needs two books to cover it. Either way, it seems to be an indicator that the game will have lots of content which is good.

Quote:
In this case, Media Factory will release two books that are called an adventure guide, meaning that both books will be focused on a walkthrough of the journey (before and after the League, most likely). They only released one such book for Black and White and any game bar HGSS which had one book in Johto and one on Kanto.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
It's different than the typical 2nd 'Pokedex' guide that other games have. Those were Pokedex guides which focused on the little bit of post-game too, but this one is part 2 of the adventure guide which means its a continuation meaning there must be LOTS to cover in the game. I think its plausible that one book will focus on one region, and the second book will focus on another. Although it could just be a case of the game having LOTS and LOTS of content in Unova so it needs two books to cover it. Either way, it seems to be an indicator that the game will have lots of content which is good.
Its not even out yet, so you can't guarantee that it is different.

The Second B/W Strategy guide has 352 pages, 177 of which are on post game information and information on the various things Black and White offers.

There may not be anything more than in Black and White as we have no information other than a two/three revealed/hinted new cities, 2 revealed new Gym Leaders and a new Researcher as a Key Character.

One new Building for out of story gameplay with the Cinema Building. As for story it's probably no longer than any other Pokemon game. Only thing I see the Second book really having is the updated Pokedex book to detail all the Gen 5 Changes to all 649 Pokemon's move pools.

First book is obviously the walkthrough, but the second is most likely going to be like every second book and just hold extra things to do information.

The second book got HG/SS was 151 pages of extra story info (Kanto) 34ish of that is actually the battle primer dunno if you count that, the rest of the 552 page book is Pokedex.

Last edited by Khrysta; April 27th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
P0kelegend

Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
First book is obviously the walkthrough, but the second is most likely going to be like every second book and just hold extra things to do information.
The second book is a continuation of the walkthrough in book 1 like HG/SS which is why its intriguing. I mean it's nothing but circumstantial evidence really, I'm not saying its all 100% I just thought it was pretty intriguing that it'll be a continuation of the walkthrough in Book 1 rather than be like the norm second book by holding just extra things etc.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Personally, I would love it if they made a post-game island thing. Hopefully, as Elite Overlord said, with some sort of gang. Maybe they could bring back an old team *cough cough Galactic plz cough* and have them try to reform in an area. But I hope GAME FREAK makes it bigger than that Battle Zone place in the north east of Sinnoh. That was the one post-game that I didn't like--the plot was shoved into a small space and got very compressed as a result. Hopefully these hypothetical islands will give a better plot addition.

But knowing that GAME FREAK are trolls we'll probably just get plain old Unova.

I feel for sure that we won't get a full other region.
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:09 PM
★Midnight★

Nature: Quiet
I was watching YouTube like always.. and I saw some updates for BW2! The guy who was updating us said that the ice covering Unova will probably reveal new locations in the map if its cleared. So we have to wait until more details of the map and region come to us, then, we can think about what kinds of things there will be under that ice cap. It is two years after the first Black and White games, there's something bound to be different.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:29 AM
IKawaiiThief
Summer Sakura Trainer!

Nature: Quiet
The ice is something CoroCoro put over areas where there will be changes in, so we can expect Nacrene, Striaton and Nuvema etc. to be different. Unova will most likely be bigger than before, I think.
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™

Hey, and more territory to explore wouldn't be a bad thing at all... just as long as it isn't all ice or water. I'm looking forward to seeing new towns in that area covered by that ice...cloud...thingy (what would you call that thing anyway?)

Hey, maybe those three towns will have combined to form one big mega-city. Urban sprawl and all xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM
P0kelegend

There was discussion last month about a B2W2 adventure guide that will have two parts. Some were saying that the second part would be similar to the Kanto portion of the HGSS guide, but it wont be as Media Factory has properly announced them now. I'll quote what someone else said on another forum:

Quote:
Media Factory will release both parts of the adventure guide (said to focus on the games' story and events) on July 20, but the same company will also publish a separate Pokédex guide on August 11.
Also, to add more evidence towards there being another area off the Unova map, Coro Coro mentioned that 'N is missing' and that no one seems to know where he is. I'm sure you all remember Looker's reference about N being in another region, so I'm almost certain it will come true now (after all, Cynthia's statement about the world tournament came true). It seems Coro Coro was foreshadowing N's whereabouts so they can reveal a new region/set of islands in the next issue.

Also, a CD soundtrack for B2W2 has been announced and will contain 173 tracks for B2W2. That is a lot, and I don't think there would be that much for Unova so I'm assuming that a lot of it will be used in the new off-map area.
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
There was discussion last month about a B2W2 adventure guide that will have two parts. Some were saying that the second part would be similar to the Kanto portion of the HGSS guide, but it wont be as Media Factory has properly announced them now. I'll quote what someone else said on another forum:

Also, to add more evidence towards there being another area off the Unova map, Coro Coro mentioned that 'N is missing' and that no one seems to know where he is. I'm sure you all remember Looker's reference about N being in another region, so I'm almost certain it will come true now (after all, Cynthia's statement about the world tournament came true). It seems Coro Coro was foreshadowing N's whereabouts so they can reveal a new region/set of islands in the next issue.

Also, a CD soundtrack for B2W2 has been announced and will contain 173 tracks for B2W2. That is a lot, and I don't think there would be that much for Unova so I'm assuming that a lot of it will be used in the new off-map area.
thats some interesting information, but the 173 tracks can be for battles, low health, moments in the story, legend battles, etc. but your right, that's a lot, but i wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

and also, I'm doubtful that a whole region will be devoted to finding N, he'll probably just swoop in at some part in the story.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:03 PM
P0kelegend

Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
thats some interesting information, but the 173 tracks can be for battles, low health, moments in the story, legend battles, etc. but your right, that's a lot, but i wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

and also, I'm doubtful that a whole region will be devoted to finding N, he'll probably just swoop in at some part in the story.
The CD is probably the smallest bit of evidence, since it isnt very accurate. But the fact we will be getting two walk through booklets is a pretty decent indication (but still not confirmation).

The whole region won't be devoted to finding N, but I'm sure it will be the purpose that the player goes to the region. I don't know why some people say N will just return to Unova. If he would just swoop back into Unova, what would be the point of Looker's reference saying N was in another region? If Cynthia's statement about how the champions from each region meet up and battle came true, then I don't see why Looker's statement about N being seen in a faraway region wouldn't be true as they were clearly foreshadowing things in B/W that will happen in B2W2.

I'm not saying for sure there will be a new region/set of islands off-map, but I'm just stating the evidence towards there being one.
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:05 AM
HarmonyChains
Hex Code 013

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmn Trainer Touko View Post
I think we will have a new region or travel to a previous region like in SS/HG.

Remember that N took off with his respective dragon to some region....I think the fact that he has the dragon means he'll still be involved with the plot and I think where ever he disappeared off to, we as the player may go there also.
He definitely is still involved with the plot. Have you seen the animated trailer for BW2? He walks out of the fog in the very beginning, and some untranslated things to say.

Last edited by HarmonyChains; June 6th, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links