Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

View Poll Results: Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?
Yes 10 71.43%
No 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Discordant Harmony
Dispensing Donuts

Nature: Calm
Also to note, Rock is in fact neutral to Electric, while Ground, but not Rock, is neutral to Fire. The two are just often paired together.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I have a question with our resident Aggron. What do you mean by having the same power as Double Edge? YOu mean you'll also get a recoil?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
I'm pretty sure he means the force of the attack is equal to a Double-Edge. I don't see how firing a cannon can give you recoil. (and even if it can, how come the other two don't?) o:

Old March 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturated Hue View Post
I'm pretty sure he means the force of the attack is equal to a Double-Edge. I don't see how firing a cannon can give you recoil. (and even if it can, how come the other two don't?) o:
Technically, like a gun causes recoil, I guess a cannon works that way too d: So yeah, it does cause recoil technically (but here it depends upon Gameover)

ALSO welcome back GameOver! :D Long time no see!

I just dropped by to say that my SU is probably going to take a biiiit longer because I'm like in the middle of exams :( I'll try and get it up as soon as possible, though! d:
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post

Technically, like a gun causes recoil, I guess a cannon works that way too d: So yeah, it does cause recoil technically (but here it depends upon Gameover)

ALSO welcome back GameOver! :D Long time no see!

I just dropped by to say that my SU is probably going to take a biiiit longer because I'm like in the middle of exams I'll try and get it up as soon as possible, though! d:
Guns cause recoil?! I seriously didn't know. Guess you learn something new everyday. :B

YES! WELCOME BACK MR. GAMEOVER! We've totally never met before but wb anyways. \o/

Old March 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Discordant Harmony
Dispensing Donuts

To quote mythbusters:
Quote:
We forgot the Newton laws!
Of course, if abilities are in effect, he could simply have Rock Head.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturated Hue View Post
Guns cause recoil?! I seriously didn't know. Guess you learn something new everyday. :B

YES! WELCOME BACK MR. GAMEOVER! We've totally never met before but wb anyways. \o/
Haha yeah, which is why you need professional training to use them d: A powerful shotgun can actually dislocate your shoulder if you're not careful xD

Though in the case of an Aggron (damn, I shoulda thought of that first!) it probably won't affect him a lot, being made of steel and all lol.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Awh man, look at you guys, being all sciency and teaching each other stuff. But yeah, guns do cause recoil, and just to make it at least a tad fair, I'd say the cannons, being as powerful as they are, would at least cause a little bit of recoil, though it's cut down by alot due to him being... well. An Aggron xD

Also, I didn't know you were famous, GameOver! I suddenly feel alot more pressure on me as a co-GM D:
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
But Bastian that just means you have to rise to the challenge! And yes he is famous around these parts.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:33 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I think Brock brought up a nice thing that hasn't been brought up yet: Where're the abilities?

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Good question! I decided not to put abilities in simply because if I had to it would make the RP even more complicated. I would have to figure out abilities for the Council members, the NPC Knights, the NPC mechanists, and abilities for anyone else you all came across. It would be too much work and I don't want there to be any way to 'cheat', i.e. wonderguard. It's just too much work and since I'm just starting out as a GM I don't think I would do so well in trying to keep track of all of the NPC's abilities.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
TornZero

You probably could just use a random ability from the available ones that actually apply to a Pokémon, like Ken couldn't have Synchronize, just Steadfast and Justified. As long as you know the Pokémon, the ability would be easy to think of (Bulbapedia and Serebii ftw), so that could cut the Wonder Guard "hacking."

But I can definitely understand the starting out thing, so maybe in a later RP.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Oh wow... I didn't know I was so missed. Thanks guys.

On to the cannons, yes, they have HUGE recoil. To a normal Pokemon (like say... Gallade), they would probably be knocked on their butts or even knocked out if they fired one shot. For Alexander, he'll suffer recoil from the cannons, yes, but he's able to take it and keep on trucking like nothing happened... I should probably put that in the note section of the weapons on my SU. Just in case...

Yeah... Kinda felt that the Mechanists needed a big guy. I've been wanting to roleplay as an Aggron for a while now. This was just the best opportunity.

Oh, and Sir Bastian, don't be pressured... Actually, yes, be pressured, but not too much. A little bit of pressure is actually a good thing. Makes ya stay on your toes. In all, just remember to keep that GM whip handy. Greiger, is this the first roleplay that you're in charge of here on PC?

And just to clarify, here are the power of the cannons. Using Pokemon stats and whatnot here.

Shock Cannon = Thunder, Base Power of 120, Causes recoil, 3 shots

Water Cannon = Hydro Pump, Base Power of 120, Causes recoil, 3 shots

Boom Cannon = Double-Edge, Base Power of 120, Causes recoil, 3 shots
Pokecommunity Family:
Nideous (Spamming Bro)
aspie3000 (Brother)
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.

Last edited by Game Over1375; March 5th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM
TornZero

We definitely do need a big guy here in the Mechanists. Someone who can take the flak while we kick butt and just keep movin'.

Also, welcome back.

Old March 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Why yes this is my first roleplay that I am GMing.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Pssh... Greiger, you'll do fine. You're a smart guy. Just remember to keep the GM whip ready though.

On to you TornZero, thanks for the welcome back. Also, expect Alexander to mainly bust up enemy formations, although I do expect there will be situations where he'll need to be a rather destructive distraction.

Oh, and for all of you who don't know me, please just call me Game.
Pokecommunity Family:
Nideous (Spamming Bro)
aspie3000 (Brother)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
TornZero

Maybe Ken and Alexander could make a nice destructive/distraction team, since the former uses a LOT of pellets.

Old March 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Hey, thanks for the tip, Game :3 I'm really just here to help Greiger along and maybe re-rail the plot in case it goes wonky. I'm basically an advisor for Greiger, really.
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

TornZero, I can agree with that. Remember that Alexander does use the Tear Gas Pellets as well. My gosh, the enemies won't know what to do.

Sir Bastian, I just like to help people out. Even though you say you're an advisor, I will respect you here as a co-GM. Anywhere else on Pokecommunity, expect me to treat you as a bro. *place brofist/hoof here*
Pokecommunity Family:
Nideous (Spamming Bro)
aspie3000 (Brother)

Old March 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

I now understand why everyone here likes you as much as they seem to, Game.

*Brofists because he never got to watching MLP, but still respects it as a hilarious series*
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Thanks Sir Bastian. You'll find that I'm a pretty chill dude when not roleplaying. At least, that's what I've been told.

Anyways, are we allowed to double-up here? Y'know, use two characters? I have another character I can use here. WARNING! This character is insane on the levels of Sheogorath/ The Joker/ Kefka Palozzo. :>
Pokecommunity Family:
Nideous (Spamming Bro)
aspie3000 (Brother)

Old March 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

You can double up if you want to, however for those thinking of doubling up you won't be allowed two special spots, there can only be one per player (example: Taking both knight-commander spots). If you do double up your other character must be on the same side that way when both sides meet each other you won't have to fight... well... yourself.
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Discordant Harmony
Dispensing Donuts

I was originally planning to make a crazy German scientist Clefable clad in full heat-resistant suit and gas mask, dual wielding flamethrowers and abusing Stored Power.

Then I realized the world wasn't quite ready for that and made a pseudo-White Mage instead.
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

O.O Um... thanks for sharing that... special image.
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Awh, sweet :D I love bat**** insane characters. Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no limits to how many characters we can each have, so feel free to write up an SU!

Also Brock, my friend is writing up an SU, and he's gonna be a kind of victorianly clad Electabuzz basement-dwelling scientist. Not as awesome as your idea, but it's up there xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links