Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

View Poll Results: Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?
Yes 10 71.43%
No 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 8th, 2012 (09:40 PM).
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Yeah... well! You try wrestling with a Lucario to get to your friend and see how far you'll get! Guy has a mean right hook ._.

Glad you're happy that you're both accepted! You both definitely deserved it :3
Old March 9th, 2012 (06:59 AM).
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Sir Bastian, have you ever tried wrestling a Hariyama?

In other news, I cannot wait for this to start.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 9th, 2012 (07:51 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
@Black Hawk Do you still want your reservation up? I haven't been getting any info. from you and neither has Bastian. If you're still working on your SU then make sure it gets up by this weekend.

@-DeepImpact- I would love for you to have your SU up by this weekend as well.

@Everyone once these two get their SUs in then I'll write up the post for the RP Corner. I would just like to say thanks to everyone for their participation and for helping the SU process go smoothly. Hopefully this RP will go smoothly and without too much back up.
Old March 9th, 2012 (08:00 AM).
Silver Tier

I'd just like to take a moment as co-GM of this amazing RP to say thank you for all of you's' patience and energy you've put into creating your characters and posting in here. It makes both me, and I'm sure also Greiger, very happy to see our idea being so well-received

I for one, cannot wait for this to start, and it's going to be amazing. I've already had some RP between Caedmon and a couple of the knights as one-on-one, PM RP and it's been great so far.

Thank you for your support, let's make this an RP this forum won't soon forget! *Braveheart speech*
Old March 9th, 2012 (08:31 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Hey people I'm so sorry my SU isn't up yet ;-; Like I said, exams have been in the way AND I seem to have writer's block. This happens every time I don't RP for a long period of time -.- I need to stop doing this. REALLY.

So I'll try my best to get a SU up by this weekend, really.
Old March 9th, 2012 (08:44 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

@-DeepImpact- I understand if you have exams and RL gets in the way. Just find an hour to set aside some time this weekend and put it up. As for writer's block... sorry can't help you there. Hope you come across a good idea!
Old March 10th, 2012 (03:35 PM). Edited March 19th, 2012 by Danger Zone.
All Men Must Die.

Alright, here is my SU. Sorry if it's not up to the mark, it was kind of rushed annnnnd... well, I'm experimenting with a new type of character, a LOT different from the rest of my characters. Hopefully it should be okay.

Name: Viktor Vezirov, aka Mars/Mirage

Pokemon Species: Zorua (Like I said, stereotypical spy Pokemon lol)

Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists: Entrenched Mechanic

Job Title: Infiltrator

Appearance: Just looking at Viktor one can easily guess what a kind of Pokemon he is by nature, although they'll most likely end up being horribly wrong. Viktor is a person who barely ever pays attention to his overall appearance, who opts to focus more on other things, and ignore matters like personal hygiene. Because of this, his fur is often found matted with dirt and dust, though he cleans it about once a week. Due to this, his fur often appears a lot lighter than it should be, which sets him apart from other Zoruas. Some more things that set him apart are his sharp, yellow claws, that are so badly kept that they look like the hooves of a Rapidash much more than the claws of a Zorua.

He stands at about 2'07", a LOT taller than regular Zoruas, but is lighter than the average Zorua, weighing only about 11 kgs. The most striking feature of this Pokemon is his eyes, they are beautiful eyes, as he has got a condition called Central Heterochromia iridum. Because of this, both of his eyes have two different colors, the center of his eye is blue, bright blue, and the outer parts are light brown. This is a hereditary state, which was passed on from both his mother and father. He suffers from slight blindness during the day, though. His eyes have a slight milky lens on top which can only be noticed if observed carefully. This makes him have trouble seeing when he is in the presence of bright sunlight.

Viktor has a piercing on his left ear, which he is personally very proud of. For regular, everyday clothing, he wears a small dark brown fedora (think, Indiana Jones) which is always tipped at a certain angle, hiding his right ear. He can be seen wearing a black studded leather jacket, and absolutely nothing for bottoms. He doesn't wear shoes either. He wears shades though, to protect his eyes during the day, when he can't see properly. His appearance makes him look more like a punk than a spy, but that's what he generally is anyways, so he doesn't really care.

When he enters professional mode though, he ditches all his informal clothing and will immediately don a rather technologically complex camouflage vest, which adjusts to it's surroundings to properly hide him. The downsides to this vest are simple, the battery life is too low. Plus, it is full of holes and tears, which often causes the image to flicker and die out, effectively revealing his true form. Viktor is an expert in adjusting to his surroundings though, he can easily transform into any Pokemon swiftly and play their role efficiently, thus becoming a good spy.

As for accessories, he doesn't have many, just a few odd tidbits that he has collected through the years. The most notable one is the black Pendant with a picture of his family in it, which is always hanging on his neck. He never removes it, no matter what. Another one is a blue armband, which according to him, is a symbol that he supports the Declarum Forces. Being right handed, he has his major weaponry on his right hand. How does he access his weaponry, exactly? The Mechanists developed a special kind of machinery for the Zorua that helps him access his weapons easily. The tech is a metallic arm of sorts, that slots over his wrists and helps him use his weapons without any problem.

He carries a sling bag that hangs over his shoulder, that carries all the important objects that he has to carry. This includes, all basic tech that Mechanists have, (compass, watch, etc etc.) and his handpicked weapons. Being an Infiltrator, he is a lot more dependent upon weapons more than fighting ability. His guns include the Boom Stick (which is only to be used under extreme circumstances) and Shock Gun (for stunning). other tools that he carries in his bag are Tear Gas Pellets, Poison Pellets and Sleeping Pellets, all for distraction during his field operations.

Personality: Simply put, Viktor suffers from a disorder termed as Multiple Personality Disorder, or Dissociative Identity Disorder. He has two distinct alter egos, named Mars and Mirage, who both take control frequently.

His personality depends more upon his current mood though. If he's free, Mars takes over, and when he has to work, Mirage becomes the boss. Often though, he's stuck with neither one of his personalities, but just being his normal self.

General

Generally, when Viktor hasn't been taken over by either Mars or Mirage, he is simply Viktor. Eccentric, crazy, random, and hilarious are some of the words that have been used to describe Viktor. And most of them are correct too. Viktor is normally a rather odd case. He is a bit eccentric, always muttering about something or the other, experimenting with things. He likes blowing things up, he is a kind of a pyromaniac that way. His antics are usually describes as hilarious and a bit crazy, often people call him a danger for society, but at heart Viktor is a good Pokemon, who doesn't mean any harm, unless anybody opposes him.

Some problems he faces due to his disorder is that he is an incredibly paranoid Pokemon now. He is scared of everything, he hates changes in society, he is afraid that everything that moves fast will kill him. He is scared that people are plotting to kill him, so he stays indoors only when he is Viktor. He has a rather overreacting brain, one could say.

Viktor has a bit of a hard time making friends though, he doesn't like opening up to people. It's a bit hard for him to become your friend.

Mars

As Mars, Viktor's behavior changes completely. He becomes a kind of a rebel, sporting his piercings and jacket. He becomes a violent Pokemon, ready to pick up a fight with anybody and everybody he meets. He loses his eccentric side and all his senses too, as he becomes a brutal person with all brawn and no brain. Viktor drinks a lot when Mars takes over and likes to get wasted, and deal in all kinds of illegal activities. He mugs people, he gets into fights, he has organized one or two robberies as well. As Mars, Viktor is a dangerous Zorua to be around. Mars, overall, is a very selfish character, who is brave and will never back away from a fight.

As Mars, Viktor only looks and forms relationships with people who he thinks are useful and smart. Only form bonds with people who do you good.

Mirage

As Mirage, Viktor enters 'serious' mode. Mirage is more of a work personality, perfect for his spying activities.

History (From childhood to where you are now.):

Moveset (Only four moves. Mechanists can use TM and HM moves.):

Will complete ASAP d:
Old March 10th, 2012 (04:19 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

@-DeepImpact- I'm liking the idea so far, keep it up at this rate and you'll be good.
Old March 11th, 2012 (02:31 AM).
Fighting the army of Stress...

Nature: Lonely
@-DeepImpact- Same ol' Deep Impact with his lengthy SUs. Already expecting interesting things from him. Random question, but where'd you get the surname?

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Old March 11th, 2012 (08:17 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by Greiger:
@-DeepImpact- I'm liking the idea so far, keep it up at this rate and you'll be good.
Thanks. I wanted Viktor to kind of be a misfit, but I thought that would cause too many problems. Which is why I went with split personality xD Today has been extremely hectic, I'll try to complete the SU, but I apologize in advance, if the whole SU is poorly written or has some outrageous stuff. Feel free to point them out and tell me :]

Quote originally posted by TiTaN.JuStIn:
@-DeepImpact- Same ol' Deep Impact with his lengthy SUs. Already expecting interesting things from him. Random question, but where'd you get the surname?
Haha, thanks xD Nice to see somebody actually follows my SUs! This is an entirely new kind of character for me, so I can only hope I'll be able to play him properly. :>

VIKTOR SHALL NOT LOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!

And Vezirov is a random Russian surname I picked xD; I found it off a website which listed Russian surnames. No particular reason why I chose it though, it just sorta fit lol.
Old March 11th, 2012 (08:59 AM).
Fighting the army of Stress...

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:

Haha, thanks xD Nice to see somebody actually follows my SUs! This is an entirely new kind of character for me, so I can only hope I'll be able to play him properly. :>

VIKTOR SHALL NOT LOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!

And Vezirov is a random Russian surname I picked xD; I found it off a website which listed Russian surnames. No particular reason why I chose it though, it just sorta fit lol.
Ohh.. XD Sorry I didn't watch the "RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES!!!!" movie, though I would like to. And Vezirov... I thought you got it from somewhere too. lol

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Old March 11th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
★heroes
CS

Nature: Naive
I wanted to say that my exams are over and I'm fresh and lively again :3 though I might be a bit busy still. That's just how it usually is, having school, meetings, a bit of work, family, boyfriend, friends............ life :3

So, has the IC thread been sent in for approval yet?
Old March 12th, 2012 (12:02 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers Not yet.

@Everyone Since -DeepImpact- has the basic concept for his character down I'm going to send in the post for the RP Corner. I ask that once the thread is accepted to wait for -DeepImpact- to finish up his SU before we start. I just want to make sure that we're ready when everyone's good to go. Once I state what your first post should be about, then you eager buizels can start RPing, but not until then.
Old March 12th, 2012 (05:34 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by Greiger:
@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers Not yet.

@Everyone Since -DeepImpact- has the basic concept for his character down I'm going to send in the post for the RP Corner. I ask that once the thread is accepted to wait for -DeepImpact- to finish up his SU before we start. I just want to make sure that we're ready when everyone's good to go. Once I state what your first post should be about, then you eager buizels can start RPing, but not until then.
Hey, I'm okay if you guys start before I finish my SU. My last final paper is on Wednesday (PARRRRRTAAAAAAAAAY) and before then, RPing time is a bit iffy. :/ And since the thread got accepted today, I suggest you guys start right away, I'll catch up eventually ;D
Old March 12th, 2012 (06:05 AM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by Greiger.
A mad mind... hehe

Edit 1: @Everyone Sorry, forgot to say what your first post should be, lol. Okay, DI I can insert you in the story once you get your SU off. You guys are ready and roaring to start so here's your instructions.

Knights:
It is early morning for you so find and put on your armor and head out into the streets to the Chambers. Remember to follow the customs I've already set up in my post and get to the lobby. From there you can chat among yourselves or chat with a NPC Knight. It does take some time for Maverick to climb all of those accursed stairs so feel free to chat and get to know each other or talk about news. Grab a bite to eat as well, you'll need to have the energy later on. Just make sure to be on time, a good Knight is never late.

Mechanists:
Just like the Knights you're waking up but you can do so at any time so if you want to sleep in, do so. The meeting everyone's supposed to be at is high profile, but they don't seal shut the doors once it starts so you can slip in through the back as long as you don't distract everyone's attention. There's a ton of human and pokemon food so dig in! You can talk with each other or any NPCs around. You could try talking to Urta, although do note if she's not in the mood she'll round house kick you to the face because she can, or you could pester Damon.

Once everyone has assembled for both sides the meeting will begin and you all will learn what your objectives are. On the idea of the NPCs you'll be able to talk to, feel free to make someone up! You don't have to get extremely detailed.
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:00 PM).
Hito-Shura is awesome

Sweetness. I'll get on top of working on my mega post.

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:08 PM).
Are you ready to testify?

Nature: Rash
So i'm guessing that it's too late to sign up?
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:16 PM).
Silver Tier

Well, as co-GM I say NAY! It is not! Everyone can sign up for as loooooong as they want! (Or until Greiger tells you to GTFO) So go ahead and write yourself an SU and we'll have a look at it!
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:32 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

@Alec Empire We're still open like Sir Bastian said so you can make a SU still.
Old March 12th, 2012 (03:43 PM).
Hito-Shura is awesome

Posted. Hopefully by later in the story, I'll really get the ball rolling gor my two characters.

Old March 12th, 2012 (04:57 PM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by d4rka8isz.
Is Confused.

Nature: Gentle
Name: Luna Dyseris (Die-Sear-Riss)

Pokemon Species: Kirlia

Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists: Newborn

Job Title: Medic

Appearance: Luna is almost at the regular weight of a Kirlia coming in at 40.2 lbs and is slightly taller at 2'8". She wears light blue sash that goes around her waist and ties her "tutu" down. A huge bracelet with many of the three different pellets attached to it twirls up and down her arm as these are one of the only weapons she knows how to use. She does keep a small sack inside her sash to store some medicine and tools, but keeps most of it in a safe storage place somewhere near the Oak Enclave in case she needs to teleport there. Her horns are colored a slightly lavender color instead of the usual pink.

Personality: Luna was a bookworm and didn't talk to many people when she lived in Gredith. She had avoided talking to anyone inside Gredith except for when she needed to. She's very quiet in the cities, but she isn't scared at all. When she walks, she walks with her head held high and won't back down to anyone, except the knights. She responds with a quick hello to people who decide to talk to her and might even stop for a chat, but she won't have a real emotional conversation with anyone. Luna's very curious and just can't stand not knowing something so she uses her psychic powers to find out.

However, Luna only acts this way when she is in public where everyone can see. When she's with her friends (yes, she has friends), she puts on a completely different attitude. She jokes around a lot with her friends and pulls pranks on them.But she does not want to be a Knight. She thinks that they is a useless group of Pokemon who put on the act of justice, but don't really do anything that actually exemplifies justice. Her feelings towards the Knights are mixed with her curiosity dominating one side and animosity dominating the other.

Her curious nature was what led her to join the Mechanists. Although it's not as easy as her previous life, she still loves how she can use the technology at will and she doesn't have to hide or destroy what she makes. In her opinion, she'd say that living in the enclaves is the best thing that's ever happened to her since the books the Pokemon dropped. She's seen many older members of the Declarum Forces and they all seem at least a bit stressed to her. She's feeling a bit stressed herself which is mainly due to her ability to sense the feelings of other Pokemon. But she's acting the way she does with her friends in the D.F. She's made some friends in the couple months that she's been here and she's doing the most work she's ever done in her life, but she's always been a hard worker. This is work she wants to do anyways, and she's gotten pretty good at it, if she says so herself.

History: When Luna hatched, her parents would do as any parents would. They would feed her and cuddle her, but that wouldn't last. Luna was smart and, like many Psychic Pokemon, went to a special school for the Pokemon with higher I.Q. than others. However, when she went to this school, her father was killed for a reason still unknown. She developed a hatred of the Knights when this happened because the Knights were supposed to protect Pokemon, not let them die. Despite this, she still carried on and didn't say anything about the Knights because of her mother who convinced her to stay loyal. She said that accidents do happen and the Knights cannot protect everyone at once. Life went on pretty normally for Luna and she got her blue sash when she evolved. She made friends and became a star student.

She was happy with her life until the day her mother died. She had also died to unknown causes, or so the Knights said. Luna was heartbroken, but one of her friend's mother let her live with them. Although she had a place to call home now, she was still depressed by her mother's death. The hatred of the Knights had taken renewed strength in her heart and she decided that from then on, she wouldn't let the Knights control her. But her mother's words still lingered and she calmed down, but she still didn't talk to the Knights at all. It was the day that she moved in with her friend that she saw a Pokemon with a weird contraption snooping around the houses. Her curiosity got the better of her so she followed him. She lost sight of him after a while, but the man had dropped some books. Maybe he did it on purpose or maybe not, but Luna picked them up, took them home, and started to read them. They seemed to be in a different language, but after a couple weeks, Luna could read it almost as well as she could read her own language.

The books mentioned many different things which she assumed were stuff the Mechanics had. She was especially intrigued by the medicine section. Even with the limited supplies she had, she was able to make a couple of different kinds of medicine the book mentioned. But she had to hide them the moment she made them as they were illegal. After she had read all of the books, she became focused on leaving Gredith. However, she could never work up the will to go. That was until she got a vision of the future that the Knights would come in and capture her because they found out about her. So that day, she left Gredith saying she would move somewhere else, but she traveled to the Birch Enclave instead with all her books. There she has stayed for a couple months.

Despite the fact that Luna's only been at the enclaves for a couple of months, she knows the place like the back of her hand. She's made more friends to talk to and has been making much progress in her work as a medic. Every now and then, when she has some time, she'd go to the library to read some of the books. Luna finds them rich with information that she might need. She's not really interested in fighting as she doesn't wish to hurt anyone. What she wishes she could do is to just stay working in the background to help out, but she also wants to help out the Pokemon on the field. Just recently, she's started to make up some strategies for escaping if she's ever caught between a rock and a hard place. The only thing that bothers her a bit is when people test their weapons (Mainly Boom Sticks).

Moveset: Thunder Wave, Psychic, Heal Pulse, Teleport

Eighth Grader right here! Hopefully I did it right this time!

Challenges in progress:
Monotype Rock
Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
I need to update faster...
Old March 12th, 2012 (05:23 PM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by Greiger.
A mad mind... hehe

@d4rka8isz Your appearance is good but I just have a few issues with your personality. Right now your personality only focuses on what Luna thinks about the Knights and how she felt when she lived in the cities. Since she moved the the enclaves I would like you to add how she feels about the enclaves and the technology they have. Just a paragraph will do.

You history has a cool concepts, having her find some books and her having a vision is a very creative concept. It is very plausible for her to learn to read as many of the books in the enclaves do have a translated section for those learning to read human. Since she has been in the enclave for a few months you could add in the history how she felt about living in the enclaves and how she has adapted to the different lifestyle.

Your history is good as it is but I would suggest adding the changes I've stated above, but other than that the history section is ready to go! All you have to do is add the recommendations I've said for your personality and you'll be good to go! So for now you're reserved. Can't wait to add another Mechanist to the mix!

Edit 1: Alright Luna Dyseris is accepted!
Old March 12th, 2012 (06:07 PM).
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
Quote:
Eighth Grader right here!
Me too! High-five! Nice SU by the way, and congrats on being accepted. o3o

Old March 12th, 2012 (08:07 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Sorry about bein' a little lazy with Ken, but hey, you said they could sleep in. |D

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 13th, 2012 (12:30 PM).
Char

Am I accepted now? sorry it took so long.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links