Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
ok, nooblets, I was busy fiding some hidden eggs :3
my entry:

shiny, male, lvl 52

IVs: 30/31/31/13/31/31 || Ablility: Technician || Nature: Jolly

So 4th Gen brought some cool stuff for this o'd Bug-type Buddy - Techinician. Also, it got bunch of cool moves including Bug Bite and Roost which are very useful on 5th Gen spread I want it to run:
6HP/252 Atk/252 Speed @ Eviolite
Swords Dance/Roost/Bug Bite/Aerial Ace

The best thing is that Scyther gets awesome defences with eviolite, Swords Dance boosts it Attack to horribly high level, and it's dual STAB combo gives it awesome coverage. this is meant to be flat set, so it won't get hurt by Stealth Rocks. Roost is for tanking hits. IMO, Scyther can compete with his older brother - Scizor. It aged very, very well. I hope my Pokemon will be useful in battles!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Nice RNG, bro

My recent RNGs... yeah, I've done just a few lately. Most have been BPs, actually... but I can't trade them too easily right now due to working way too much. Fifth gen breeding... gotta love it

Abra ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Guard Swap, Encore, Barrier, Substitute
Non-Redis

Rhyhorn ♂ Lv. 1
Nature: Careful
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch
Non-Redis

Rhyhorn ♂ Lv. 1
Nature: Impish
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch
Non-Redis

Sunkist (Poochyena) ♂ Lv. 1 ★
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Run Away
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Sucker Punch
Non-Redis

Shinx ♀ Lv. 1 ★
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 10, 31, 31 Electric 70
Moves: Tackle, ***, ***, ***
Non-Redis

Yamask ♂ Lv. 1 ★
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Mummy
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 30, 30, 2 Fighting 70
Moves: Astonish, Protect, Disable, Nasty Plot
Non-Redis

Axew ♀ Lv. 1 ★
Ability: Mold Breaker
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Scratch, Night Slash, Hidden Power, ***
Non-Redis
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

HEY YOU THERE
challenge is about to end in like an asplosion of a second.
expect results soon. Good job, everyone!

edit: 12:53 AM - RESULTS !!! -tosses confetti-
Spoiler:
My pick for this week's challenge: Gonz0's Scyther
Great color, format and matching ball. I like how he listed the actual EV spread + moveset in addition to explaining the strategy. Scyther is an age-old Pokemon who began its young career attacking with Slash/Hyper Beam. Yikes! Scyther gained the impressive Scizor, but both manage to gradually improve over time by gaining many new toys (Technician + BB/Roost + exclusive eviolite). For these reasons, I feel this entry is more distinguished from others and fully represents the challenge. Cheers.

Lots of good entries (I built a quick criteria and everyone was fairly close in points, haha!).
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.

Last edited by Lilith; April 10th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

OMG! Thanks, Blade! You really made my day! :3
Mac, nice abuses! I like Poochyena and Abra the most
Time for the new challenge:

Heavy Slam Challenge!
Heavy Slam is a move, that gains power when the user overweights its opponent. RNG a Pokemon which - in your opinion - would make a good use of the move. Heavy Slam is a new move - introduced in 5th Gen and it's limited to only few Pokemon, so you have to RNG a possible or actual user of the move. And don't forget, that Heavy Slam has it's Fire equivalent!

This time, I am judging, so I'm going to focus not on the actual weight but on your reasons why you chose that Pokemon not another. Heavy Slam sounds more catchy that Heat Crash, but don't hestitate to abuse possible users of that move as well! Good luck, everyone!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
Old April 11th, 2012, 02:11 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Nature: Lax
I just know that I'm going to get ninja'd out of my entry for the challenge by someone else. Stupid dream world needing to "recharge".
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
I like Poochyena and Abra the most
Poochyena is my BP. ;3 Ain't he cute? Anyway, I have an awesome Pokemon for this challenge. WOO.

paired to crono
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

Poochyena is my BP. ;3 Ain't he cute? Anyway, I have an awesome Pokemon for this challenge. WOO.
He is cute! I just noticed that I messed up on the Shinx and will have to redo. I forgot the egg moves :B
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Yes Sydian, you've got good taste, lol.

Bro, get on gmail, I need you XD

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I did the challenge.

Munchlax ♂ Lv. 1 ★
Nature: Careful
Ability: Thick Fat
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Tackle, Curse, Pursuit, Whirlwind
Non-Redis

Munchlax is the baby evolution of the former king of the heavyweights, but now is only the sixth heaviest Pokemon -- Snorlax. Snorlax actually learns heavy slam, but he's also been known for being a lazy, fat Pokemon. I thought his baby form would be an excellent choice for this challenge because Munchlax is actually quite the viable Pokemon himself with the item Eviolite. I tacked on three egg moves thanks to Rampardos -- Curse, Pursuit, and Whirlwind to give him some variety if one wants to go different ways.

I can't wait to see everyone else's abuses! Good luck and have fun all.
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:50 PM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

I need to RNG a flawless cacnea for breeding with spikes and what not. What's the best way to go about this? Would I be better off importing one with dodgy IVs and breeding in B/W, or is it better to generate it in Diamond?
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Mac! I like Munchy a lot, nice egg moves, you're the leader of the challenge now, lol. (if you know what I mean)

@CrazyMrHans,
You can't get it RNGed in Diamond, sadly. Sandstorm doesn't advance frames, but blocks Sweet Scent, and there's no way to get rid of sand :< get a crappy cacnea from 4th Gen and RNG it in BW.

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:23 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post

@CrazyMrHans,
You can't get it RNGed in Diamond, sadly. Sandstorm doesn't advance frames, but blocks Sweet Scent, and there's no way to get rid of sand :< get a crappy cacnea from 4th Gen and RNG it in BW.
Ngaw, oh well, saves me having to learn how to RNG in D/P/Pt. Is it easier or harder than B/W?
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

100000000(bilions of 0s later)000 harder, but still quite easy

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Mac! I like Munchy a lot, nice egg moves, you're the leader of the challenge now, lol. (if you know what I mean)

@CrazyMrHans,
Of course I'm the leader of the challenge, I'm the only entrant right now! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMrHans View Post
Ngaw, oh well, saves me having to learn how to RNG in D/P/Pt. Is it easier or harder than B/W?
It's harder, but it's also because it's different. I like it (especially HGSS RNG), but it's nice to go back to BW sometimes due to the ease of use.

Quote:
100000000(bilions of 0s later)000 harder, but still quite easy
I wouldn't say that much harder xD trololo
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

God dangit. Before I even try I have a quick question, how difficult is it to get a breeding pokeman from the DW, *SPOILERS* I need an Aron with heavy metal for the competition. I don't know if I'll have the time to get one that can breed, what with the time restrictions on the challenge and whatnot, I'd like to know if it's relatively simple or not.

tl;dr Aron w/ heavy metal from DW, possible within a few days?
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

That ability isn't available though.

paired to crono
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
That ability isn't available though.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

For realsies? Any eta?

Last edited by Squirrel; April 12th, 2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: LENGTH
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMrHans View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:(

For realsies? Any eta?
No ETA really. :( They are released when they're released.
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
Of course I'm the leader of the challenge, I'm the only entrant right now! xD
That's what I meant

Here comes the new topic:
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

That's what I meant ;)

What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?
Mac told me they'd be exactly the same, so I'm sticking with that. xD

Just posting a complete idiot moment - I missed my time three times in a row for the current challenge by hitting 32 instead of 37. I kept thinking "two seconds past the dot..." but it was the wrong dot lmao. So yeah, thick moment, time to catch my Scoli!
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
oocyst
Bara baby
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Bold
Quote:

That's what I meant ;)

I HOPE they'll stay the same, but I'm not sure they will :( :(

HERE IS MY ENTRY TO THE CHALLENGE

Aron
Rock Head|Adamant
31|31|31|0|31|31
Tackle|Head Smash|Earthquake

I chose aron because I think he'd be a great user of heavy slam, as he is the heaviest user of Heavy Slam that gets STAB from it! It doesn't really need Heavy Metal because it's already in the second heaviest tier. Heavy slam is even on some of his sets, but if you want you can use Iron Head for consistency.

Last edited by oocyst; April 12th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Samboanoritzon
Beginning Trainer

Hi, I just started RNG abuse only yesterday. After countless attempts I appear to be beaten. I tried to RNG a flawless Kyurem using different frames but still, everytime I catch it, it doesn't have flawless IVs. At first, I setup my DS parameters following a guide on YouTube. This is what im trying to search:

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Min/Max Frame:
1/5
IVs all 31 except def and that's it

Basically, what am I doing wrong? Is the method selected correct? Is the encounter type also correct for capturing Kyurem?

I'm sorry to sound like a NOOB, but I really want to succeed at this and half the guides on the interwebz at the moment confuse me/aren't simple enough. And some people's guides have outdated RNG reporters, which is confusing also.

Thanks!

Edit: I would upload a picture, but, this is my first post... :Z

Last edited by Samboanoritzon; April 12th, 2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Explainng the lack of a picture loloolol
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
For the challenge: RNGed a shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest and leveled it up to 30 with rare candies. It has 31/31/31/30/30/31 in IVs (UT) and was caught in a dive ball. I don't think there's anything else interesting to say about it but yeah, there we go! Oh, plus its male. Scolipede is perfect for using Heavy Slam! It's a huge fatty that can roll up into a big ball of fat and just be obese all over people! Plus it's the heaviest Bug type and it looks freaking badass.

Scolipede ♂ Lv. 30 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 30, 31
Moves: Bug Bite, Venoshock, Poison Tail, Protect

Last edited by Squirrel; April 12th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:

That's what I meant

I really hope it stays the same and I really think it will, since I believe it's built on the same engine as Black and White... so looks like it should be similar, if that's true at least. I'm interested to find out, that's for sure. The leak of CoroCoro definitely has piqued my interest for B2W2, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samboanoritzon View Post
Hi, I just started RNG abuse only yesterday. After countless attempts I appear to be beaten. I tried to RNG a flawless Kyurem using different frames but still, everytime I catch it, it doesn't have flawless IVs. At first, I setup my DS parameters following a guide on YouTube. This is what im trying to search:

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Min/Max Frame:
1/5
IVs all 31 except def and that's it

Basically, what am I doing wrong? Is the method selected correct? Is the encounter type also correct for capturing Kyurem?

I'm sorry to sound like a NOOB, but I really want to succeed at this and half the guides on the interwebz at the moment confuse me/aren't simple enough. And some people's guides have outdated RNG reporters, which is confusing also.

Thanks!

Edit: I would upload a picture, but, this is my first post... :Z
I am going to ask one question for now and hopefully this will nail the problem. Which IVRNG frame (where you search the capture tab for IVs) is your seed on? If it's on anything but 1, you will have issues right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednael View Post
I HOPE they'll stay the same, but I'm not sure they will

HERE IS MY ENTRY TO THE CHALLENGE

Aron
Rock Head|Adamant
31|31|31|0|31|31
Tackle|Head Smash|Earthquake

I chose aron because I think he'd be a great user of heavy slam, as he is the heaviest user of Heavy Slam that gets STAB from it! It doesn't really need Heavy Metal because it's already in the second heaviest tier. Heavy slam is even on some of his sets, but if you want you can use Iron Head for consistency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
For the challenge: RNGed a shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest and leveled it up to 30 with rare candies. It has 31/31/31/30/30/31 in IVs (UT) and was caught in a dive ball. I don't think there's anything else interesting to say about it but yeah, there we go! Oh, plus its male. Scolipede is perfect for using Heavy Slam! It's a huge fatty that can roll up into a big ball of fat and just be obese all over people! Plus it's the heaviest Bug type and it looks freaking badass.

Scolipede ♂ Lv. 30 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 30, 31
Moves: Bug Bite, Venoshock, Poison Tail, Protect
Nice abuses, both of you! Good luck B)
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Samboanoritzon
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I am going to ask one question for now and hopefully this will nail the problem. Which IVRNG frame (where you search the capture tab for IVs) is your seed on? If it's on anything but 1, you will have issues right now.
I have tried it about 3-4 times on Frame 1 and I also tried it twice with a frame of 4 (I had 4 pokemon in party and walked 128 steps).

Edit: I tried RNG abusing a Shiny Flawless and I'm currently struggling through the Chattot advancements. I'm fairly certain I was 1 frame away from my Shiny which kind of sucks but oh well I'll keep trying.

Last edited by Samboanoritzon; April 13th, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here