< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner ♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #351    
Old April 10th, 2012 (1:12 PM).
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Poland, Rzeszów
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 546
ok, nooblets, I was busy fiding some hidden eggs :3
my entry:

shiny, male, lvl 52

IVs: 30/31/31/13/31/31 || Ablility: Technician || Nature: Jolly

So 4th Gen brought some cool stuff for this o'd Bug-type Buddy - Techinician. Also, it got bunch of cool moves including Bug Bite and Roost which are very useful on 5th Gen spread I want it to run:
6HP/252 Atk/252 Speed @ Eviolite
Swords Dance/Roost/Bug Bite/Aerial Ace

The best thing is that Scyther gets awesome defences with eviolite, Swords Dance boosts it Attack to horribly high level, and it's dual STAB combo gives it awesome coverage. this is meant to be flat set, so it won't get hurt by Stealth Rocks. Roost is for tanking hits. IMO, Scyther can compete with his older brother - Scizor. It aged very, very well. I hope my Pokemon will be useful in battles!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family

Relevant Advertising!

  #352    
Old April 10th, 2012 (7:13 PM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Nice RNG, bro

My recent RNGs... yeah, I've done just a few lately. Most have been BPs, actually... but I can't trade them too easily right now due to working way too much. Fifth gen breeding... gotta love it


Abra ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Guard Swap, Encore, Barrier, Substitute
Non-Redis


Rhyhorn ♂ Lv. 1
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Careful
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch
Non-Redis


Rhyhorn ♂ Lv. 1
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Impish
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch
Non-Redis


Sunkist (Poochyena) ♂ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Run Away
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 31 Dark 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Sucker Punch
Non-Redis


Shinx ♀ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 10, 31, 31 Electric 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, ***, ***, ***
Non-Redis


Yamask ♂ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Mummy
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 30, 30, 2 Fighting 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Astonish, Protect, Disable, Nasty Plot
Non-Redis


Axew ♀ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 31 Dark 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Scratch, Night Slash, Hidden Power, ***
Non-Redis
  #353    
Old April 10th, 2012 (7:58 PM). Edited April 10th, 2012 by TwilightBlade.
TwilightBlade's Avatar
TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
All dreams are but another reality.
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,631


HEY YOU THERE
challenge is about to end in like an asplosion of a second.
expect results soon. Good job, everyone!


edit: 12:53 AM - RESULTS !!! -tosses confetti-
Spoiler:
My pick for this week's challenge: Gonz0's Scyther
Great color, format and matching ball. I like how he listed the actual EV spread + moveset in addition to explaining the strategy. Scyther is an age-old Pokemon who began its young career attacking with Slash/Hyper Beam. Yikes! Scyther gained the impressive Scizor, but both manage to gradually improve over time by gaining many new toys (Technician + BB/Roost + exclusive eviolite). For these reasons, I feel this entry is more distinguished from others and fully represents the challenge. Cheers.

Lots of good entries (I built a quick criteria and everyone was fairly close in points, haha!).
  #354    
Old April 10th, 2012 (10:46 PM).
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Poland, Rzeszów
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 546
OMG! Thanks, Blade! You really made my day! :3
Mac, nice abuses! I like Poochyena and Abra the most
Time for the new challenge:

Heavy Slam Challenge!
Heavy Slam is a move, that gains power when the user overweights its opponent. RNG a Pokemon which - in your opinion - would make a good use of the move. Heavy Slam is a new move - introduced in 5th Gen and it's limited to only few Pokemon, so you have to RNG a possible or actual user of the move. And don't forget, that Heavy Slam has it's Fire equivalent!

This time, I am judging, so I'm going to focus not on the actual weight but on your reasons why you chose that Pokemon not another. Heavy Slam sounds more catchy that Heat Crash, but don't hestitate to abuse possible users of that move as well! Good luck, everyone!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
  #355    
Old April 11th, 2012 (2:11 AM).
CrazyMrHans's Avatar
CrazyMrHans CrazyMrHans is offline
Drunk and slightly Irish
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Behind 7 proxies
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 37
I just know that I'm going to get ninja'd out of my entry for the challenge by someone else. Stupid dream world needing to "recharge".
  #356    
Old April 11th, 2012 (6:40 AM).
Ludger's Avatar
Ludger Ludger is offline
the victor
Super ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 30,489
Quote:
I like Poochyena and Abra the most
Poochyena is my BP. ;3 Ain't he cute? Anyway, I have an awesome Pokemon for this challenge. WOO.
falls from grace are never elegant
  #357    
Old April 11th, 2012 (6:56 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post


Poochyena is my BP. ;3 Ain't he cute? Anyway, I have an awesome Pokemon for this challenge. WOO.
He is cute! I just noticed that I messed up on the Shinx and will have to redo. I forgot the egg moves :B
  #358    
Old April 11th, 2012 (6:58 AM).
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Poland, Rzeszów
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 546
Yes Sydian, you've got good taste, lol.

Bro, get on gmail, I need you XD

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
  #359    
Old April 11th, 2012 (4:53 PM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
I did the challenge.


Munchlax ♂ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Careful
Ability: Thick Fat
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 31 Dark 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, Curse, Pursuit, Whirlwind
Non-Redis

Munchlax is the baby evolution of the former king of the heavyweights, but now is only the sixth heaviest Pokemon -- Snorlax. Snorlax actually learns heavy slam, but he's also been known for being a lazy, fat Pokemon. I thought his baby form would be an excellent choice for this challenge because Munchlax is actually quite the viable Pokemon himself with the item Eviolite. I tacked on three egg moves thanks to Rampardos -- Curse, Pursuit, and Whirlwind to give him some variety if one wants to go different ways.

I can't wait to see everyone else's abuses! Good luck and have fun all.
  #360    
Old April 11th, 2012 (11:50 PM).
CrazyMrHans's Avatar
CrazyMrHans CrazyMrHans is offline
Drunk and slightly Irish
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Behind 7 proxies
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 37
I need to RNG a flawless cacnea for breeding with spikes and what not. What's the best way to go about this? Would I be better off importing one with dodgy IVs and breeding in B/W, or is it better to generate it in Diamond?
  #361    
Old April 12th, 2012 (12:26 AM).
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Poland, Rzeszów
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 546
Mac! I like Munchy a lot, nice egg moves, you're the leader of the challenge now, lol. (if you know what I mean)

@CrazyMrHans,
You can't get it RNGed in Diamond, sadly. Sandstorm doesn't advance frames, but blocks Sweet Scent, and there's no way to get rid of sand :< get a crappy cacnea from 4th Gen and RNG it in BW.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
  #362    
Old April 12th, 2012 (3:23 AM).
CrazyMrHans's Avatar
CrazyMrHans CrazyMrHans is offline
Drunk and slightly Irish
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Behind 7 proxies
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post

@CrazyMrHans,
You can't get it RNGed in Diamond, sadly. Sandstorm doesn't advance frames, but blocks Sweet Scent, and there's no way to get rid of sand :< get a crappy cacnea from 4th Gen and RNG it in BW.
Ngaw, oh well, saves me having to learn how to RNG in D/P/Pt. Is it easier or harder than B/W?
  #363    
Old April 12th, 2012 (4:49 AM).
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Poland, Rzeszów
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 546
100000000(bilions of 0s later)000 harder, but still quite easy

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
  #364    
Old April 12th, 2012 (8:15 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
Mac! I like Munchy a lot, nice egg moves, you're the leader of the challenge now, lol. (if you know what I mean)

@CrazyMrHans,
You can't get it RNGed in Diamond, sadly. Sandstorm doesn't advance frames, but blocks Sweet Scent, and there's no way to get rid of sand :< get a crappy cacnea from 4th Gen and RNG it in BW.
Of course I'm the leader of the challenge, I'm the only entrant right now! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMrHans View Post
Ngaw, oh well, saves me having to learn how to RNG in D/P/Pt. Is it easier or harder than B/W?
It's harder, but it's also because it's different. I like it (especially HGSS RNG), but it's nice to go back to BW sometimes due to the ease of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
100000000(bilions of 0s later)000 harder, but still quite easy
I wouldn't say that much harder xD trololo
  #365    
Old April 12th, 2012 (9:40 AM).
CrazyMrHans's Avatar
CrazyMrHans CrazyMrHans is offline
Drunk and slightly Irish
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Behind 7 proxies
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 37
God dangit. Before I even try I have a quick question, how difficult is it to get a breeding pokeman from the DW, *SPOILERS* I need an Aron with heavy metal for the competition. I don't know if I'll have the time to get one that can breed, what with the time restrictions on the challenge and whatnot, I'd like to know if it's relatively simple or not.

tl;dr Aron w/ heavy metal from DW, possible within a few days?
  #366    
Old April 12th, 2012 (9:42 AM).
Ludger's Avatar
Ludger Ludger is offline
the victor
Super ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 30,489
That ability isn't available though.
falls from grace are never elegant
  #367    
Old April 12th, 2012 (9:45 AM). Edited April 12th, 2012 by Squirrel.
CrazyMrHans's Avatar
CrazyMrHans CrazyMrHans is offline
Drunk and slightly Irish
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Behind 7 proxies
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
That ability isn't available though.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!



For realsies? Any eta?
  #368    
Old April 12th, 2012 (9:48 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMrHans View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:(

For realsies? Any eta?
No ETA really. :( They are released when they're released.
  #369    
Old April 12th, 2012 (9:59 AM).
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Poland, Rzeszów
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
Of course I'm the leader of the challenge, I'm the only entrant right now! xD
That's what I meant

Here comes the new topic:
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
  #370    
Old April 12th, 2012 (10:32 AM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel Squirrel is offline
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 8,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post


That's what I meant ;)

Here comes the new topic:
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?
Mac told me they'd be exactly the same, so I'm sticking with that. xD

Just posting a complete idiot moment - I missed my time three times in a row for the current challenge by hitting 32 instead of 37. I kept thinking "two seconds past the dot..." but it was the wrong dot lmao. So yeah, thick moment, time to catch my Scoli!
  #371    
Old April 12th, 2012 (11:55 AM). Edited April 12th, 2012 by oocyst.
oocyst's Avatar
oocyst oocyst is offline
SOFTware
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post


That's what I meant ;)

Here comes the new topic:
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?
I HOPE they'll stay the same, but I'm not sure they will :( :(

HERE IS MY ENTRY TO THE CHALLENGE



Aron
Rock Head|Adamant
31|31|31|0|31|31
Tackle|Head Smash|Earthquake

I chose aron because I think he'd be a great user of heavy slam, as he is the heaviest user of Heavy Slam that gets STAB from it! It doesn't really need Heavy Metal because it's already in the second heaviest tier. Heavy slam is even on some of his sets, but if you want you can use Iron Head for consistency.

[23:02:31] thoughts: shut up christos
[23:02:33] oocyst: christos shut up
Team Orb
  #372    
Old April 12th, 2012 (12:50 PM). Edited April 12th, 2012 by Samboanoritzon.
Samboanoritzon's Avatar
Samboanoritzon Samboanoritzon is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 10
Hi, I just started RNG abuse only yesterday. After countless attempts I appear to be beaten. I tried to RNG a flawless Kyurem using different frames but still, everytime I catch it, it doesn't have flawless IVs. At first, I setup my DS parameters following a guide on YouTube. This is what im trying to search:

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Min/Max Frame:
1/5
IVs all 31 except def and that's it

Basically, what am I doing wrong? Is the method selected correct? Is the encounter type also correct for capturing Kyurem?

I'm sorry to sound like a NOOB, but I really want to succeed at this and half the guides on the interwebz at the moment confuse me/aren't simple enough. And some people's guides have outdated RNG reporters, which is confusing also.

Thanks!

Edit: I would upload a picture, but, this is my first post... :Z
  #373    
Old April 12th, 2012 (1:04 PM). Edited April 12th, 2012 by Squirrel.
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel Squirrel is offline
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 8,557
For the challenge: RNGed a shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest and leveled it up to 30 with rare candies. It has 31/31/31/30/30/31 in IVs (UT) and was caught in a dive ball. I don't think there's anything else interesting to say about it but yeah, there we go! Oh, plus its male. Scolipede is perfect for using Heavy Slam! It's a huge fatty that can roll up into a big ball of fat and just be obese all over people! Plus it's the heaviest Bug type and it looks freaking badass.


Scolipede ♂ Lv. 30 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 30, 31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Bug Bite, Venoshock, Poison Tail, Protect
  #374    
Old April 12th, 2012 (2:31 PM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post


That's what I meant

Here comes the new topic:
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?
I really hope it stays the same and I really think it will, since I believe it's built on the same engine as Black and White... so looks like it should be similar, if that's true at least. I'm interested to find out, that's for sure. The leak of CoroCoro definitely has piqued my interest for B2W2, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samboanoritzon View Post
Hi, I just started RNG abuse only yesterday. After countless attempts I appear to be beaten. I tried to RNG a flawless Kyurem using different frames but still, everytime I catch it, it doesn't have flawless IVs. At first, I setup my DS parameters following a guide on YouTube. This is what im trying to search:

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Min/Max Frame:
1/5
IVs all 31 except def and that's it

Basically, what am I doing wrong? Is the method selected correct? Is the encounter type also correct for capturing Kyurem?

I'm sorry to sound like a NOOB, but I really want to succeed at this and half the guides on the interwebz at the moment confuse me/aren't simple enough. And some people's guides have outdated RNG reporters, which is confusing also.

Thanks!

Edit: I would upload a picture, but, this is my first post... :Z
I am going to ask one question for now and hopefully this will nail the problem. Which IVRNG frame (where you search the capture tab for IVs) is your seed on? If it's on anything but 1, you will have issues right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednael View Post
I HOPE they'll stay the same, but I'm not sure they will

HERE IS MY ENTRY TO THE CHALLENGE



Aron
Rock Head|Adamant
31|31|31|0|31|31
Tackle|Head Smash|Earthquake

I chose aron because I think he'd be a great user of heavy slam, as he is the heaviest user of Heavy Slam that gets STAB from it! It doesn't really need Heavy Metal because it's already in the second heaviest tier. Heavy slam is even on some of his sets, but if you want you can use Iron Head for consistency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
For the challenge: RNGed a shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest and leveled it up to 30 with rare candies. It has 31/31/31/30/30/31 in IVs (UT) and was caught in a dive ball. I don't think there's anything else interesting to say about it but yeah, there we go! Oh, plus its male. Scolipede is perfect for using Heavy Slam! It's a huge fatty that can roll up into a big ball of fat and just be obese all over people! Plus it's the heaviest Bug type and it looks freaking badass.


Scolipede ♂ Lv. 30 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 30, 31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Bug Bite, Venoshock, Poison Tail, Protect
Nice abuses, both of you! Good luck B)
  #375    
Old April 13th, 2012 (2:12 AM). Edited April 13th, 2012 by Samboanoritzon.
Samboanoritzon's Avatar
Samboanoritzon Samboanoritzon is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 10
Quote:
I am going to ask one question for now and hopefully this will nail the problem. Which IVRNG frame (where you search the capture tab for IVs) is your seed on? If it's on anything but 1, you will have issues right now.
I have tried it about 3-4 times on Frame 1 and I also tried it twice with a frame of 4 (I had 4 pokemon in party and walked 128 steps).

Edit: I tried RNG abusing a Shiny Flawless and I'm currently struggling through the Chattot advancements. I'm fairly certain I was 1 frame away from my Shiny which kind of sucks but oh well I'll keep trying.
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:02 AM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top