Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Reload this Page ♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 23rd, 2012 (09:34 PM).
Drunk and slightly Irish

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by TwilightBlade:
LOVING the entries so far, everyone! Gonna be so difficult picking one. What did I sign up for?! xD;

Reminder: You have 24 more hours to post your entry for the challenge. Also, I guess (this summer) we are working on a more user friendly gen 4, maybe gen 3, rng guide for PC. Anyone interested in helping me orrrr in reading it, I guess?
Can I be guinea pig too? I need to learn how to Gen 4 RNG.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (11:06 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
LOVING the entries so far, everyone! Gonna be so difficult picking one. What did I sign up for?! xD;

Reminder: You have 24 more hours to post your entry for the challenge. Also, I guess (this summer) we are working on a more user friendly gen 4, maybe gen 3, rng guide for PC. Anyone interested in helping me orrrr in reading it, I guess? :P
I wish to be a guinea pig too! I was actually gonna beg you guys to teach me 4th and 3rd gen RNGing this weekend. xD I loved your gen V guide, I used it to learn wild encounter RNGing the other day actually because I found Smogon too confusing.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (11:52 PM).
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Also, I guess (this summer) we are working on a more user friendly gen 4, maybe gen 3, rng guide for PC. Anyone interested in helping me orrrr in reading it, I guess?
I can help in writing cuz I know all three Generations :3

The thing about gen 3 guide is that... I don't know how to do shiny eggs yet. I'm veryyyy inexperienced. I do know gen 4 a bit. I will need helpers in drafting it too!
And I know shiny eggs as well, got my shiny egg, now working on IVs for it. I love Gastly so much :3
And, unfortunately, I need 31/x/0/31/31/31 Hasty. Wish me luck with getting those IVs

ps. Shiny eggs are absolutely wicked. It takes some time and it's not easy at all. :/

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 24th, 2012 (02:42 AM).
RNGing is awesomes

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to evo21
Sweet. You're mah guinea pig?!

You can get your SID of your gen 3 file by palparking the Pokemon to gen 4. Put it up on Pokecheck and get its SID... However, if you want good wild shinies, you will have to SID abuse.

The thing about gen 3 guide is that... I don't know how to do shiny eggs yet. I'm veryyyy inexperienced. I do know gen 4 a bit. I will need helpers in drafting it too!

im working on a gen 4 RNG guide for people who use flash carts and not figured it out yet (theres no guides to it anywhere) iv got tid/sid abuse section down for it and im working on the rest so you could link both guides once there both completed (my flascart guide will have pics too with rng reporter 9.95)

a list of trusted RNGers from pokecheck
Old April 24th, 2012 (08:37 AM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I have a feeling I will be heavily involved in writing a new RNG guide for Gen 4 with Blade, so just go ahead and ask me to do it anyway xD Great entries every one and I'm glad to see so many newer members posting and participating. By the way, thanks all for getting to 500 posts! Olli just gave me the Natural Born Leader emblem :D woot!
Old April 24th, 2012 (08:53 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Here's another birthday present for someone!

Jovani / Snorunt (f) lv. 1
Ice Body | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Leer, Spikes, Substitute, Toxic ]
-hatched in Giant Chasm-

My sister wanted me to trade her a Japanese Ditto so she could Masuda for a shiny Snorunt, but I decided RNGing her one would be better. I RNG'd a shiny Torchic for her in gen IV, but now that I can do pretty good eggs in gen V, I figured this would be a much better present. Here's to hoping she likes it! I'll trade it to her without her knowing and then be like "WHOA! When did you get this Snorunt?" lol I'll also trade it holding a Dawn Stone, since idk if she has one.

I kinda wanna do some abuses on my Japanese White, but I need a flawless Ditto and I need to register that file on Pokecheck, but I won't be able to search for Patrat on GTS because...idk Japanese haha. So idk, I might just stick with Black for RNG for the most part. :( Plus I'd wanna be able to clone my stuff on White, and if I can't register my file, can't do it. I should just go and play Zelda now lol.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old April 24th, 2012 (10:06 AM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Sydian:

Ice Body | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
-hatched in Giant Chasm-

My sister wanted me to trade her a Japanese Ditto so she could Masuda for a shiny Snorunt, but I decided RNGing her one would be better. I RNG'd a shiny Torchic for her in gen IV, but now that I can do pretty good eggs in gen V, I figured this would be a much better present. Here's to hoping she likes it! I'll trade it to her without her knowing and then be like "WHOA! When did you get this Snorunt?" lol I'll also trade it holding a Dawn Stone, since idk if she has one.

I kinda wanna do some abuses on my Japanese White, but I need a flawless Ditto and I need to register that file on Pokecheck, but I won't be able to search for Patrat on GTS because...idk Japanese haha. So idk, I might just stick with Black for RNG for the most part. Plus I'd wanna be able to clone my stuff on White, and if I can't register my file, can't do it. I should just go and play Zelda now lol.
Nice Snorut, Sydders! <3 I love it. Anyway, in case you forgot to write it down or anything, Patrat in Japanese is ミネズミ. Good luck registering... I need to register my Japanese save too but ffs xD
Old April 24th, 2012 (01:50 PM). Edited April 24th, 2012 by LegendaryFSK.
I control my own fate.

Ice Body | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
-hatched in Giant Chasm-

I kinda wanna do some abuses on my Japanese White, but I need a flawless Ditto and I need to register that file on Pokecheck, but I won't be able to search for Patrat on GTS because...idk Japanese haha. So idk, I might just stick with Black for RNG for the most part. Plus I'd wanna be able to clone my stuff on White, and if I can't register my file, can't do it. I should just go and play Zelda now lol.
Love the Snorunt, i've been wanting to do a Snorunt for awhile now, but always do something else instead. Anyway, I'm sure you're sister will love it.

Black FC: 1163 5272 5840
Old April 24th, 2012 (06:06 PM).
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

Here's my entry for Blade's birthday! :D It took me forever but hey, it's only my 2nd RNG back fully

☺ ♥Disc | Luvdisc
(m) lvl 1.
Swift Swim | Modest
Tom | 08716
31/30/30/31/31/30 HP Electric 70
Scald | Ice Beam | Hidden Power Electric | Safeguard
Hatched in Black City on 4/23/2012

The reason I chose the nickname which means Smile the heart is luv and disc if anyone was wondering. The reason I chose Luvdisc is because it is to show happiness, which is what Blade brings to a lot of us here at PC whether it be modding, helping with RNG, or just that amazing Blade that we all know! The smile is so she remembers to keep smiling on the worst days and it's gold color is to represent happiness as well. Luvdisc also represents my support to a great friend who supported me at the VGC's and with other things as well. Luvdisc may not be physically strong, but with it's trainer it's emotionally strong and this one is smiling! Happy Birthday Blade I hope it was a great day!

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old April 24th, 2012 (08:00 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Very nice entries, everyone. Ya'll really tear at my heart! As for owner's choice, gaaaah/
Spoiler:

Korra / Ninetales (f) lv. 47 @ Rawst Berry
Flash Fire | Timid
Cedric | 26099
30/26/7/31/30/30 HP Rock 70
[ Flamethrower, Captivate, Inferno, Grudge ]
I love how many members creatively described how their entry Pokemon could cheer me up. Even so, Sydian's entry stood out to me. The 4 moves relate to my position at PC and my personality. I personally like the move Inferno. The HP Rock, fire attacks, and dive ball relate to Korra's earthbending, firebending, and waterbending. The nickname is an obvious reference to one of my favorite fandoms. Syd put a lot of love and work into it, so congrats!

A few special mentions go to:
Gonzo's attention to detail (When did you catch that I am hasty natured? It's true though, I did get Skitty in PMD haha. Edit: ohhh you. it's my nature here, LOL /shifts in seat >:C).
Mac for making me smile when he asked me to guess it. I almost typed Mareep but I deleted it because I didn't think she would best match a dive ball, haha!
TheGr8 for subtlety asking me my fav location and hatching Luvdisc in Black City. xD;
CrazyMrHans for mentioning 19 more candles, haha!
Everyone for the overdose of dive balls and one lovely Absol in a premier ball, I can forgive that. :)

Flops:
wry no blue shaymin, yellow buizel, or red sandslash?!
Old April 24th, 2012 (08:06 PM).
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

Syd you have done it again haha blade you caught me on that lol, sneaky sneaky. We are just glad you had a great birthday!

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old April 24th, 2012 (08:19 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Oh wow, I really thought that Luvdisc would win, honestly! I feel so honored haha. :) <3 Everyone else had really great entries as well. lol I feel like a victory hog or something. ;;

pair
Old April 24th, 2012 (10:41 PM).
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Congratulations, Sydian! Good job, everybody! Now it's time for me to choose, ekhehehe!

Have a look at the next challenge:

Fossil Descendant challenge!

Humans evolved from apes, ancient Pokemon evolved as well! Pick your favourite Pokemon from the past and imagine that time turned to another species. Is Archeops as frightening as in the past or is it just a tiny pathetic birdy? Now, pick your favourite fossil and RNG descendant of the chosen Pokemon.

This challenge is based purely on your creativity and ability to give good reasons. Good luck!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 25th, 2012 (05:28 AM).
Crystal Tier

Congrats Syddy! and again, Happy Birthday Blade!
This isn't for the challenge, I'll do that tomorrow or something but just a random RNG (Idk why I chose it, I guess it's because I didn't need to worry about attacking IVs and Jumpluff are fluffy :3):

Hoppip | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Chlorophyll | 31 19 31 25 31 31
Splash, Encore, Substitute
Old April 25th, 2012 (07:13 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

I LOVE THAT HOPPIP OMG IT'S MY NEW FRIEND. ;; It becomes a pink fluff. Soooo cuteeee. <333 o cool new challenge BUT HOPPIP

pair
Old April 25th, 2012 (07:25 AM).
Banned

Wow, congrats Sydders! Once again you stun us all with an amazing entry. Gotta look out for you or you'll win them all Nice Hoppip, Vappy! I can't wait to see everyone's entries for what could turn out to be a very interesting challenge.

PS: Will update leaderboard when I get home
Old April 25th, 2012 (10:39 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

I'm a little confused with the challenge. Do we RNG a fossil Pokemon, something that could have descended from a fossil Pokemon, or the fossil and a descendant?

pair
Old April 25th, 2012 (11:09 AM).
Banned

I'm a little confused with the challenge. Do we RNG a fossil Pokemon, something that could have descended from a fossil Pokemon, or the fossil and a descendant?
You RNG something that could have possibly descended from a fossil Pokemon. In your description, you say which fossil you think it could have descended from.
Old April 25th, 2012 (03:57 PM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Okay well I RNGed an Anorith for the challenge, but then after re-reading it I realised that Anorith is exactly what the challenge wasn't asking for. Which I'm very annoyed about since this was a really good breed for me! It's pretty much a perfect breed (shiny, flawless) and it was going to be the best entry possible to celebrate our new TC mod, but I was too stupid to read the challenge. xD I even went to the trouble of chain breeding for Iron Defense and Rapid Spin on a Shelder D: But anyway yeah, here's my darling Anorith that I now hate:

Anorith ♂ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Battle Armour
IVs: Flawless
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Scratch, Harden, Iron Defense, Rapid Spin

But yeah, now that I've re-read the challenge I'll go think of something cool to RNG for it. x]
Old April 25th, 2012 (06:39 PM).
Banned

Since I've had a lot of questions about the current challenge, I fixed the wording a bit in the first post. Here it is if you cba (Ozzy):

Challenge #13: Fossil Descendant challenge!
Humans evolved from apes, ancient Pokemon evolved as well! Pick your favourite Pokemon from the past and imagine that it evolved into another Pokemon species. Is Archeops as frightening as in the past or is it just a tiny pathetic birdy? Now, pick your favourite fossil Pokemon and RNG a possible descendant of it.

This challenge is based purely on your creativity and ability to give good reasons. Good luck!
Old April 25th, 2012 (10:02 PM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator

Nature: Careful
#451 Skorupi ♂ Lv.10
OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Impish - Keen Eye
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31 70
Bite - Poison Sting - Agility - Knock Off

I did Skorupi for this one. It was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of a descendant for Anorith.

For centuries these shrimp-like creatures were fished for trainer consumption. Being semi-intelligent Pokemon they noticed that Anoriths who were poisoned by their territorial enemies, the Tentacools, were thrown back in the water to continue their lives. The hunted shrimp, not fearing toxins, cut a deal with the Tentacools; that if they poisoned their people making them unworthy of consumption, they would leave the jellyfishes favorite part of the ocean to do their jellyfish things. The deal was made, and everyone lived happily ever after. Some Anoriths chose to take to the lands, becoming what we know as Skorupi. Retaining their heavy shell armor, their pincers and claws, yet using their new prowess over poison to overcome humanoid and grassy foes. The oldest Drapions have a dark, ulterior motive to seek revenge upon those who once hunted them.

I have no idea what I'm doing or if I did it right loooool.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old April 26th, 2012 (05:00 AM).

I was going to enter this in the last challenge as a Ninetails but Sydian beat me to entering a Ninetails.. So I'll just share it with you all =)

Vulpix ♀ lvl 1
Ability: Drought
OT: Shinies ♂ TID: 49098
Hidden Power: 70 Fighting
IVs: 31/31/30/30/30/30
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Heat Wave, Hypnosis, Hidden Power, Energy Ball
Met/Hatched at Route 3

I don't think I'll enter this evolution challenge, I have quite a bit of RNGing to do for a giveaway thingy so I'll be quite busy =o I also can't seem to get inspiration for this certain one.
Old April 26th, 2012 (06:28 AM).
Crystal Tier

I have thought of what imma RNG for this challenge! I think...

This isn't my entry but...

Nincada | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Compoundeyes | 31 31 31 25 31 31
Scratch, Harden

Nincada | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Lonely | Compoundeyes | 11 31 0 31 31 31
Scratch, Harden
Old April 26th, 2012 (08:12 AM). Edited April 26th, 2012 by oocyst.
SOFTware
Gold Tier

Nature: Bold
Here's my entry to the challenge! Spinarak from Kabuto. It may not seem obvious at first but bear with me.

Spinarak
Insomnia|Adamant
31|31|31|23|31|31
String Shot|Toxic Spikes|Pursuit|Night Slash

So I was looking at Fossil pokemon and what animals they represent in real life. Kabuto was one of the ones I looked at. So, Kabuto is based off of a horseshoe crab. Horseshoe Crabs are pretty old creatures and have been around for a long time. (Here comes the part I love) So I took a look at the biological side of Horseshoe Crabs. Horseshoe Crabs belong to the Subphylum Chelicerata, which is divided into three Classes. The ones I'm going to look at today are Merostomata and Arachnida. Merostomata is the class that Horseshoe Crabs belong to, and Arachnids we all know what those are. This means that these crabs and spiders are related. If two Classes stem from a same Subphylum, that means that the animals in those Classes had a common ancestor that at one point split into different kinds of animals. If we look at pokemon, Spinarak and Kabuto may have had a common ancestor. (Also, the animal that Anorith is based on is placed in the Phylum Arthropoda of which Chelicerata is a subphylum, so Anorith may also be loosely related to Kabuto and Spinarak)

I hope this makes sense to you guys!

[23:02:31] thoughts: shut up christos
[23:02:33] oocyst: christos shut up
Team Orb
Old April 26th, 2012 (09:03 AM).
I control my own fate.

So I decided I wanted to learn how to RNG abuse my Gen V ID/SID and Starter. I looked up some guides on how to RNG abuse your ID/SID and starter on Smogon. The only issue was these guides were for RNG Reporter and since I'm on a Mac, I'm using PPRNG. From what I can tell (have never used RNG Reporter) the two programs are pretty similar, so I was able to translate and use the guide pretty well for PPRNG.

...And I was able to RNG abuse my ID/SID and Starter on my very first try. Pretty excited about that.

Jay Jay
ID: 00041 | SID: 58541

Oshawott | Lv. 5
Adamant | Torrent
31 | 31 | 31 |31 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Tail Whip | XXXXX | XXXXX

Black FC: 1163 5272 5840
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)