Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Reload this Page ♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 26th, 2012 (09:14 AM).

Quote originally posted by LegendaryFSK:
So I decided I wanted to learn how to RNG abuse my Gen V ID/SID and Starter. I looked up some guides on how to RNG abuse your ID/SID and starter on Smogon. The only issue was these guides were for RNG Reporter and since I'm on a Mac, I'm using PPRNG. From what I can tell (have never used RNG Reporter) the two programs are pretty similar, so I was able to translate and use the guide pretty well for PPRNG.

...And I was able to RNG abuse my ID/SID and Starter on my very first try. Pretty excited about that.

Jay Jay
ID: 00041 | SID: 58541

Oshawott | Lv. 5
Adamant | Torrent
31 | 31 | 31 |31 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Tail Whip | XXXXX | XXXXX
I want to do the same thing.. But with my Soulsilver.. Not working out too well considering how different gen5 is compared to gen4. Gen5 is so much easier, and Smogon is really bad at explaining things. I believe I've worked out everything already but what exactly are calibrated seconds and calibrated delay? I can't exactly find information about those two things. Everything else I think I'm 100% fine on. Help please? :x
Old April 26th, 2012 (09:37 AM).
I control my own fate.

Quote originally posted by AngelZodiac:
I want to do the same thing.. But with my Soulsilver.. Not working out too well considering how different gen5 is compared to gen4. Gen5 is so much easier, and Smogon is really bad at explaining things. I believe I've worked out everything already but what exactly are calibrated seconds and calibrated delay? I can't exactly find information about those two things. Everything else I think I'm 100% fine on. Help please? :x
I agree with the fact that the guides and explanations on Smogon aren't very good. Honestly though, I have no idea what calibrated seconds and calibrated delay are. I've only done Gen V abuse. Haven't even tried to learn Gen IV abuse yet or even look at Gen IV abuse guides.

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help out with that. Wish I could be more of a help.

Black FC: 1163 5272 5840
Old April 26th, 2012 (09:43 AM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I know it's on Smogon, but this is what I used to find my calibrated seconds and delay: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2#calibration

Good luck
Old April 26th, 2012 (09:52 AM).

Thanks Mac, I'll try to use that to work it out. Think you or someone else could help me by transferring two Pokemon to my Platinum though? I can't restart the game with them there and I don't have two DS systems.
Old April 26th, 2012 (10:03 AM).
Banned

Thanks Mac, I'll try to use that to work it out. Think you or someone else could help me by transferring two Pokemon to my Platinum though? I can't restart the game with them there and I don't have two DS systems.
I can't do it right now Maybe go to Trade Corner's QTT thread and ask there?
Old April 26th, 2012 (10:13 AM).

Yes I could do that, I just have a trust issue with most people.. I don't know what I should do Mac. Hmm.. I just wish I had a close friend that would be willing to help me out. I'll look around and see if someone would be willing to help me.
Old April 26th, 2012 (02:21 PM).
RNGing is awesomes

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to evo21
my latest gen 4 R4 French RNG
MOMARTIK (french Froslass) | Lv. 1
Shiny:yes
Timid | Snow Cloak
31 | 2 | 31 |30| 31 | 31
Icebeam | Pain Split | Spikes | Taunt

a list of trusted RNGers from pokecheck
Old April 26th, 2012 (03:59 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
My Challenge entry:

Shellos | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Calm | Storm Drain | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Mud-Slap, Mirror Coat
I chose to RNG a descendant of Omanyte/Omastar for the current challenge. I chose Shellos (or what will later be Gastrodon) as the descendant. According to the Pokédex, the believed reason for Omastar's extinction was because its shell became too large and heavy, which caused it to become slow and it (and Omanyte) eventually died out. Gastrodon's Pokédex entries mention that in ancient times, it had a sturdy shell. In ancient times Omanyte and Omastar were dying out because they were growing slower and slower. In attempt to survive, they taught themselves how to increase their speed by breaking their shells with Shell Smash. For a while, it worked. The Pokémon were able to catch their prey with ease. After a while however, Shell Smash became less and less reliable as the Omanyte and Omastar's prey, Shellder (as mentioned by the Pokédex) picked up on how to use Shell Smash and were able to retreat and fight back against the fossil Pokémon. Because of this, the Omastar and Omanyte with the Shell Armor and Swift Swim abilities died off. The Weak Armor variety managed to hang on, taking the hits the Shellder threw, and with the additional increased speed, successfully hunted them. Over time Omanyte and Omastar's shells became extremely weak and eventually they disappeared all together and they became the Shellos and Gastrodon we know today. Also Omanyte and Omastar's English beta names come from the word "escargot", which is french for snail, and Shellos and Gastrodon are slug Pokémon and imo slugs are just snails without shells.
Old April 26th, 2012 (05:33 PM).
Banned

For the challenge, I decided to do the ultimate troll Pokemon:

Troll (Aron) ♀ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Ability: Sturdy
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Endeavor, Toxic, Sleep Talk, Protect
Non-Redis

Aron could have evolved from Shieldon since they are both heavily armored Pokemon, but Aron doesn't have the fossil look to him like Shieldon does. Shieldon looks more like a dinosaur than Aron does. Perhaps, due to the great extinction event, Shieldon went mostly extinct except for the few that were very small (like Aron) and able to hide themselves underground and far away from the event. Since they were deep underground, they stayed rather small like Shieldon but were protected from the event. Time changed them enough away from the dinosaur looking Shieldon into what we know as Aron today.

Yeah, that probably wasn't the best explanation, but I really wanted to do Aron xD
Old April 26th, 2012 (08:53 PM). Edited April 26th, 2012 by TheGr8.
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

Here is my entry :D my story is right below.

Crawdaunt lvl 30
OT: Tom | ID: 08716
Jolly | Adaptability
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31
Dragon Dance | Rock Slide | X-Scissor | Waterfall
Non-Redis

A long time ago, Corphish and Anorith lived together in harmony, mating their young for many years in the peaceful waters surrounding the Orange Islands. They have always had peace and harmony until one fateful day.. When scientists decided to poison the waters, to obtain pokemon for research. The scientists had a lead on rare pokemon in the waters surrounding the Orange Islands, and they planned on obtaining every species of pokemon there. There were a few consortiums of Corphish and Anorith that were in mating time, as the scientist dropped the deadly toxins into the beautiful waters. The toxins had reached to the area where the consortium's were located. The mother Anorith and the father Corphish, had pushed the baby Anorith down far enough to save them, while being poisoned by the deadly toxins. The baby Anorith, went with another consortium that was in a safer location while the Scientist collected the pokemon for research. At this time Corphish and Anorith had no evolutions as the scientists were trying to discover. Afterwards, the baby Anorith was being raised by another mother and father that was close to his own consortium. As they raised him, they noticed he wasn't the same Anorith like their's were. This one started to obtain an orange body, similar to a Corphish. The toxins had gotten to the baby Anorith, and then evolved into something scary. The toxins must have mutated it's genetics, and turned it into a dark-water type pokemon that was later named Crawdaunt. After it so called evolved into what we know as Crawdaunt, it was still being raised by the Anorith family it was with. As the Anorith grew older, they started to teach this unknown creature to them their ways. Moves like Rock Slide and X-Scissor were being learned by Crawdaunt like it's parents would have raised him. This mysterious pokemon also didn't have the same ability as the other Anorith's did. It was able to have stronger attacks that were based on it's Water-Dark typing such as Crunch and Waterfall. Somehow the toxins were able to change it's genetics to harness a move that would raise it's attack and speed, Dragon Dance. It was active when Crawdaunt would be enraged due to what he had witnessed with his parents.This pokemon was about to be number one priority of scientists near the Orange Islands and a breakthrough for pokemon sciences.

As you can see I chose Crawdaunt to evolve from Anorith which Anorith/Armaldo is my favorite fossil. I made up a past story something that I felt would be really interesting and when I saw the challenge it immediately came to me that this is what I wanted to do. Also Consortiums are like groups of crabs if you didn't know that word. I chose Orange Islands because it was one of my favorite memories of Pokemon when I was younger as well. I wish I could have obtained it there but you know. I was feeling really creative to make that story into the evolution, it really took some time and thought. The reasoning for picking each was I felt Anorith was the only fossil that could work for the creativness I was going to, and the only pokemon I could see evolving into Crawdaunt since that reminds me of Armaldo's physicality. I hope you guys enjoyed the story and my entry!

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old April 27th, 2012 (08:24 PM).
Banned

Wow, that's one hell of a great story. lol I'm glad I am not the judge for this one xDDD Speaking of that, I'm taking ideas for the next RNG club challenge... if you have one just PM it to me
Old April 27th, 2012 (08:54 PM). Edited April 27th, 2012 by TheGr8.
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

So as of lately, I have been really motivated to keep RNGing, especially since when after my college is done I will be learning 4th Gen and remaking my trade thread so it will be open. I have always wanted to do this and I finally got to!

Glaceon lvl 2
OT: Tom | ID: 08716
Modest | Ice Body
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30
Hidden Power FIRE
Ice Beam | Hidden Power | Shadow Ball | Protect

Hatched at Twist Mountain

I love my new Glaceon <3

Signature by Khalei

Old April 27th, 2012 (09:13 PM).

Relicanth lvl 1
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Nature: Adamant Ability: Swift Swim

Apparently Relicanth hasn't evolved in over 100 million years, I believe it descends from Kabuto. Kabuto fossils were initially located on an island, they came to life when the moon cast a red glow. The island was composed of fossils so as soon as that happened it came apart and the Kabuto sank into the ocean.
Most of them managed to find their way out of the sea but the ones that stayed in those depths eventually turned into fish-like species and then into Relicanth. The red dot relicanth has on the side is said to be a remnant of the Kabuto's red glowing eyes which were connected to the red glow of the moon.
Old April 28th, 2012 (01:01 AM).
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
I love every single entry, but guys! So little of them, only five and you have ~20hrs left!

Post moar, make me happy! :3

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 28th, 2012 (02:54 AM).
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
I can help you with that, just VM me whenever you see me online
Old April 28th, 2012 (08:16 AM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
Awwww cute Glaceon, Gr8! I'm a sucker for any Eeveelution though haha.

Aeropteryx / Ducklett (f) lv. 1
Big Pecks | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/13/31/31/31/31
[ Water Gun, Surf, Attract, Toxic ]
-hatched on Skyarrow Bridge-

I didn't necessarily pick my favorite fossil. I kind of looked at all of the fossils, and I wanted something a little out of the box. And so I looked more into Archeops, and noticed that it came from the egg group Water 3. How did that happen? It's also more of a reptilian bird, and it's based on the Microraptor and Archaeopteryx. Since birds are the descendants of dinosaurs, I looked more at some Unovan birds and Swanna popped up. Swanna is in Water 1, which leads me to believe Swanna is a descendant of Archeops. It adapted to new waters, which is why it's not in Water 3, but instead Water 1. As for the ability Big Pecks, it shows how the line has improved itself. Defeatist, Archeops' ability, is more of a hindrance. Swanna adapted to where its stats couldn't be lowered, which goes for its other ability Keen Eye as well as what this one has. I named it the French name for Archeops...well, more of the German name. They're the same, but the French name has accents that I obviously couldn't put in when I named her haha.

happily received
Old April 28th, 2012 (12:57 PM).
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier

Hey, look! I stole Sydian's formatting. :3

Spaghetti / Tangela (f) lv. 1
Regenerator | Bold
Gonzo | 1
31/2/31/30/31/30
[ Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Hidden Power (fire 70) ]
-hatched at Rumination Field-

Lileep used it's tentacles to catch prey in the past, but prey got smarter and started to swim higher and faster. So Lileep changed - it's tentacles grew longer, but again - prey got more inteligent. This repeated a few times later. Finally, Lileep had a dream: "If I could walk, I'd get my yummy fish!" And one day, dream came true! Lileep had it's legs grown, but it was too clumsy to hunt under the water so it came out and went to nearby jungle. And that's how Tangela came to life. It's ability is a remnant of the dream about walking. Ancientpower evolution only confirms the theory about Tangela's ancestor.

You have 7 hours left! Get a grip and RNG! :3
Fingers crossed!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
Old April 28th, 2012 (04:36 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
It's beautiful formatting, isn't it. ;3 Anyway, here's something I did just for fun.

FairyFloss / Hoppip (f) lv. 1
Chlorophyll | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/12/31/31/31/31
[ Splash, Encore ]
-hatched in Pinwheel Forest-

happily received
Old April 28th, 2012 (05:47 PM).

Well, I RNG'd my first stationary today, near flawless timid Suicune (had to settle with 30 ivs in SPATTK to get 70 hidden power electric).

It was also the first time I RNG'd using synchronize. Now, when I'm RNGing for these stationary legendaries, I'm guessing that I need to exit out of the pokegear 2 frames before my desired frame?
Old April 28th, 2012 (06:24 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Saurus:
Well, I RNG'd my first stationary today, near flawless timid Suicune (had to settle with 30 ivs in SPATTK to get 70 hidden power electric).

It was also the first time I RNG'd using synchronize. Now, when I'm RNGing for these stationary legendaries, I'm guessing that I need to exit out of the pokegear 2 frames before my desired frame?
Congratulations! It sounds like a NPC trolled you a bit, I usually get a two frame advance from them. So, yes if there are npcs in the area and you don't think you're fast enough... it really matters though ;;

Quote originally posted by Gonz0:
Hey, look! I stole Sydian's formatting. :3

Spaghetti / Tangela (f) lv. 1
Regenerator | Bold
Gonzo | 1
31/2/31/30/31/30
[ Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Hidden Power (fire 70) ]
-hatched at Rumination Field-

Lileep used it's tentacles to catch prey in the past, but prey got smarter and started to swim higher and faster. So Lileep changed - it's tentacles grew longer, but again - prey got more inteligent. This repeated a few times later. Finally, Lileep had a dream: "If I could walk, I'd get my yummy fish!" And one day, dream came true! Lileep had it's legs grown, but it was too clumsy to hunt under the water so it came out and went to nearby jungle. And that's how Tangela came to life. It's ability is a remnant of the dream about walking. Ancientpower evolution only confirms the theory about Tangela's ancestor.

You have 7 hours left! Get a grip and RNG! :3
Fingers crossed!
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
It's beautiful formatting, isn't it. ;3 Anyway, here's something I did just for fun.

Chlorophyll | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/12/31/31/31/31
[ Splash, Encore ]
Very nice abuses you two! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for next challenge.
Old April 28th, 2012 (06:33 PM).
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Mac of York:
Congratulations! It sounds like a NPC trolled you a bit, I usually get a two frame advance from them. So, yes if there are npcs in the area and you don't think you're fast enough... it really matters though ;;

Very nice abuses you two! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for next challenge.
cough cough Sounds like 4th gen stuff, good to learn that before 5th, because that will be a cake walk for you. I went the opposite way, and will be learning 4th soon!

Signature by Khalei

Old April 28th, 2012 (08:05 PM). Edited April 28th, 2012 by Cordelia.
Banned

Well, that completes this challenge. Gonzo will post his choice in the morning! And with that...

Challenge #14: April Showers Bring May Flowers! RNG a Pokemon that not only reminds you of Spring, but represents the season itself. Explanations always matter, so don't forget to toss in a good one for this seemingly simple challenge!

PS: Tom's idea.
Old April 28th, 2012 (09:52 PM). Edited April 28th, 2012 by Gonzo.
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier

*YAAAAAAAAAAWN*
Only 7 entries, could be more, honestly, but I'm not sure that any new entry could be as good as this one:
Spoiler:

Aeropteryx / Ducklett (f) lv. 1
Big Pecks | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/13/31/31/31/31
[ Water Gun, Surf, Attract, Toxic ]
-hatched on Skyarrow Bridge-

That really is thinking outside of the box! Sydian gave explanation showing natural environmental changes or Pokemon's need rather than polution forcing Pokemon to change, I was thinking of it the same way. Her way of how ability changes was the main selling point! And yeah... I'm a sucker for Ducklett and Swanna :3 (A shout out for my in-game Swanna called Mac) Great job, Sydian!

Thanks everyone for participating! I hope you'll enjoy our next challenge.

I was thinking of Shiny Kabutops -> Scyther, but I did a Scyther as a challenge entry. Too bad no one thought of it, because even with bad explanation, I'd go for it! 8D

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old April 29th, 2012 (12:48 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Congratulations (again) Sydian, you're really cleaning up with these challenges aren't ya? If you win this one I think you should host/judge the next so you can't win >:3

Quote originally posted by Sydian:

Chlorophyll | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/12/31/31/31/31
[ Splash, Encore ]
Our Hoppip can be buddies!

Now I have to find a guide on how to RNG HGSS stationary legendaries and Emerald RNGing. Also I wonder if someone will RNG a Deerling for the challenge...
Old April 29th, 2012 (02:56 AM). Edited May 1st, 2012 by oocyst.
I am made of LOVE
Gold Tier

Nature: Bold

Rotom-M
Levitate|Timid|HP Fire 70
31|30|31|30|31|30
ThunderShock|Leaf Storm|Hidden power|Volt Switch
Hatched in Pinwheel Forest

The lonely Rotom

The grass is growing,
the people are going
around their gardens mowing.

A lonely Rotom comes a-blowing,
sees the people and starts glowing!
Its joy is clearly showing.

The Rotom enters without knowing
a young trainer's gently throwing.

The trainer prevails without crowing
and proceeds his journey without slowing.

I was thinking about spring and growing grass and mowing it and this poem just popped out. So Rotom-M is the greatest representator of spring because everyone starts mowing their grass and tending their garden and I think this will attract lots of Rotoms!

[23:02:31] thoughts: shut up christos
[23:02:33] oocyst: christos shut up
Team Orb
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links