The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Reload this Page ♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 5th, 2012 (1:29 PM). Edited June 8th, 2012 by Jolteon*.
Super Boss Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescend View Post
Only just found this club, definitely a place for me started RNG abusing about a month ago, really like it for the different kind of challenge it offers. I wish I'd found about this sooner, now all those hours I spent breeding and training imperfect pokemon feel like a waste of time.. Oh well.

I've pretty much mastered egg RNG abusing, my next project is to learn how to RNG abuse the event Darkrai I've been stalling on accepting

The few pokemon I've so far done:

Rotom
Modest nature
31/31/31/31/31/30
HP ice 70

Nidoran♀
DW ability hustle
Modest nature
31/18/31/31/31/31

Nidoran♂
DW ability hustle
Modest nature
31/17/31/31/31/31

I'd add handy dandy sprites of the pokemon but I'm not allowed before I post 15 posts on these forums :< Looking forward to trying one of those challenges though
Welcome! Wondercard abuse is quite easy, by the way. I might not be the best to explain it, since I use the uncommon PPRNG. The basics though are to go to the Pokemon center by the Elite four, since there are no wandering NPCs there. Withdraw chatot and use chatter. Save directly in front of the delivery man. Then, with whatever program you are using, search for a time for whatever IVs and nature you want. Then, start your game and do the keypresses at the right time, and do your frame advancements from the initial frame. (No need to pick it up and check what your Shifted Frame is, because unlike breeding there are no wandering NPCs.) Then, after the right amount of chatters, exit and pick up your Darkrai.

New RNG. RNGed so I can use an RNGed while I RNG future RNGs. Knows Chatter for obvious reasons, and Fly, so I can grab on to its eighth note and fly to Nimbasa city with the power of music to check its IVs. Also, Jolly so that no body would think of letting it battle. It serves one purpose, and one purpose only.

Chatot | Jolly | Tangled Feet | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Peck, Chatter, Fly
Nathan| 08484 (Black Version)

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 6th, 2012 (10:08 AM).
Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
Heh yeah the wondercard RNG abuse was much easier than anticipated, I'd been using wrong time finder type.. Got my perfect timid darkrai. Too bad it cannot be shiny. Oh well, finding the seed for that would've propably taken ages anyways.

Now to RNG wild pokemons, that's gonna be exciting atleast I don't have to bicycle a good few minutes each time just to figure out if I failed or not..
Old June 6th, 2012 (4:01 PM).
Crystal Tier

Figured what I was doing wrong after many hours wasted. XD Here's my latest RNG:

Lv.1 l UT Shiny l Female l Jolly l Sand Veil
31/31/31/20/30/31
Outrage, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge
OT: GARRET l ID: 57203

Do you prefer to RNG in the simplest way possible, or do you use more convoluted methods because that's how you originally learned? Please explain how you RNG when you answer.
I originally learned how to RNG by TwilightBlade's RNG Guide. So far I haven't been able to find an easier way. I prefer to use the lowest frame possible and no key presses.
Old June 6th, 2012 (5:30 PM). Edited June 7th, 2012 by Jolteon*.
Super Boss Trainer

Brozor | Relaxed | Levitate | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 0
Confusion, Reflect, Light Screen, Gyro Ball
Coolguy | 10120 (SoulSilverVersion)
[first fourth gen abuse]

Quote:
Heh yeah the wondercard RNG abuse was much easier than anticipated, I'd been using wrong time finder type.. Got my perfect timid darkrai. Too bad it cannot be shiny. Oh well, finding the seed for that would've propably taken ages anyways.

Now to RNG wild pokemons, that's gonna be exciting atleast I don't have to bicycle a good few minutes each time just to figure out if I failed or not..
Good job DUDE! Thats the order I learned how to rng in. Its strange, because the first you learned is harder than the second. And the second is about equal to the third. Maybe people like us just like challenges (except I dont really which is why I havent put any effort into entralink abuse)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
Figured what I was doing wrong after many hours wasted. XD Here's my latest RNG:

31/31/31/20/30/31

Do you prefer to RNG in the simplest way possible, or do you use more convoluted methods because that's how you originally learned? Please explain how you RNG when you answer.
I originally learned how to RNG by TwilightBlade's RNG Guide. So far I haven't been able to find an easier way. I prefer to use the lowest frame possible and no key presses.

Nice pokemom MAN! Gible was one of my favorites in Diamond, but it was so hard to get and I was so sad. By the time I got one I didnt even use it because it was too low level for how late in the game i was

Palkia | Timid | Pressure
31 / 14 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
DragonBreath, Scary Breath

Zapdos | Bold | Pressure
30 / 23 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP Grass 70)
AncientPower, Charge, Agility, Discharge
Old June 6th, 2012 (11:52 PM).
Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon* View Post
Good job DUDE! Thats the order I learned how to rng in. Its strange, because the first you learned is harder than the second. And the second is about equal to the third. Maybe people like us just like challenges (except I dont really which is why I havent put any effort into entralink abuse)
Hehe maybe, I think the biggest reason I went for egg abusing first was because I'd been doing some heavy breeding before, I went pretty hardcore trying to get perfect pokemons the legit way but that just turned out to be impossible. I have my set of 20 dittos with all the different natures and some of them have each of the max IV's (must've caught over 300 dittos to get all of these by chance..), but even with those the best I could do was 3 max IV's and nature inherited from parents and the rest of it was pure luck, and even that was pretty low chance. I feel like RNG abuse the next best thing to being 100% legit while still being a competitively viable option..
Old June 7th, 2012 (9:12 AM). Edited June 7th, 2012 by Jolteon*.
Super Boss Trainer

Quote:
Hehe maybe, I think the biggest reason I went for egg abusing first was because I'd been doing some heavy breeding before, I went pretty hardcore trying to get perfect pokemons the legit way but that just turned out to be impossible. I have my set of 20 dittos with all the different natures and some of them have each of the max IV's (must've caught over 300 dittos to get all of these by chance..), but even with those the best I could do was 3 max IV's and nature inherited from parents and the rest of it was pure luck, and even that was pretty low chance. I feel like RNG abuse the next best thing to being 100% legit while still being a competitively viable option..
I used to do the same thing, but it was awful trying to get nature, ability, and IVs. I also put off rng because it was almost impossible on a mac computer.

Suicune | Bold | Pressure
31 / 14 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Rain Dance, Gust, Aurora Beam, Mist

Squirtle | Modest | Torrent
31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP Grass 70)
Tackle, Tail Whip

Groudon | Adamant | Drought
31 / 31 / 31 / 17 / 31 / 31
Rest, Earthquake, AncientPower, Eruption
Old June 7th, 2012 (1:04 PM).
you don't wanna be high like me
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Looks like someone's RNGing their SS. ;) I should get around to doing that on mine, but I didn't ID abuse, so I probably won't get any pretty pink Lugias or anything like I want. :(

darling all i know are sad songs
super mod | paired to klippy

Old June 7th, 2012 (1:21 PM).
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
This is my newest RNG. I am so happy with this one because I caught it in Route 221 where 3 npcs trying to mess with my frame . It will ev train sooner or later with a trick set <3

#203: Girafariq l l l Level: 31 or something (IDR)
OT: Eon l Platinum l ID: 00003
Nature: Modest l Ability: Inner Focus
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Untrained
Old June 7th, 2012 (1:28 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Awwww it's so cute I never realized how cute ;___; can i borrow it johnny

Old June 7th, 2012 (1:48 PM). Edited June 7th, 2012 by Jolteon*.
Super Boss Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
This is my newest RNG. I am so happy with this one because I caught it in Route 221 where 3 npcs trying to mess with my frame . It will ev train sooner or later with a trick set <3

Untrained
Cool. Did you ever finish the Silcoon?

Here's a new one on my quest to resetting SS

Lugia | Impish | Pressure
31 / 31 / 31/ 1 / 31 / 31
Extrasensory, Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast

Ho-oh | Adamant | Pressure
31 / 31 / 31 / 17 / 31 / 31
Sacred Fire, Punishment, AncientPower, SafeGaurd

Mewtwo | Timid | Pressure
31 / 28 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Psycho Cut, Amnesia, Power Swap, Gaurd Swap
Old June 7th, 2012 (6:02 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

So are you planning to ID abuse when you restart Jolteon? I might just take a page from your book and do the same thing if so haha. I wanna get good stuffs in HG. :(

Oh, I did this bp earlier.

Pichu lv. 1
Lightningrod | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/15/31/31/31/30 HP Ice 70
[ Thunderbolt, Hidden Power, Encore, Volt Tackle ]
-hatched in Chargestone Cave-

One problem! I cannot think of a name. The person that requested it wants it named PikaBOSS but obviously I don't name my Pokemon weird crap like that lol. I'm not a huge fan of this line, so if anyone wants to pitch in name ideas for the copy I keep and trade, that would be fantastic. Cause I'm not keeping it unnamed or as PikaBOSS...God forbid lol.

Oh, and I have two more Pokemon left in my project. However I wanted to EV them all and get them to 100 before posting them. Because some of them learn moves that I want them to have at a much later level, well, why not? So yeah. JUST TWO MORE. Too bad the next one will be shiny female. :( But I've gotten one before so I'll be aight.

Old June 7th, 2012 (9:14 PM). Edited June 7th, 2012 by Jolteon*.
Super Boss Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
So are you planning to ID abuse when you restart Jolteon? I might just take a page from your book and do the same thing if so haha. I wanna get good stuffs in HG.

Pichu lv. 1
Lightningrod | Timid
Cedric | 26099

One problem! I cannot think of a name. The person that requested it wants it named PikaBOSS but obviously I don't name my Pokemon weird crap like that lol. I'm not a huge fan of this line, so if anyone wants to pitch in name ideas for the copy I keep and trade, that would be fantastic. Cause I'm not keeping it unnamed or as PikaBOSS...God forbid lol.

Oh, and I have two more Pokemon left in my project. However I wanted to EV them all and get them to 100 before posting them. Because some of them learn moves that I want them to have at a much later level, well, why not? So yeah. JUST TWO MORE. Too bad the next one will be shiny female. But I've gotten one before so I'll be aight.

You are correct about abusing IDs, in fact:

ID: 40992 | SID: 13843
Shiny Spreads: Modest 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31; Timid 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Also, about your Pichu, I remember doing a BP and was requested to name it Volt, kind of cheesy. I did it anyways though. You should nickname it Bilbo. (I like naming things after Tolkein's characters. Tolkein rocks). Also, Pikachu is fat used to be fat and is jolly, Bilbo is fat and jolly. Makes sense. Feel free to disregard this suggestion.
Old June 7th, 2012 (9:23 PM).
All dreams are but another reality.
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post

31/31/31/20/30/31

How pleasant to hear this! Congrats on learning RNG abuse. Nice abuses, especially this Gible! It has such a nice color (until it loses a noticeable shiny color as Garchomp, haha).

Quote:

Zapdos | Bold | Pressure
30 / 23 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP Grass 70)
AncientPower, Charge, Agility, Discharge

I ADORE this RNG! It's so lovely looking in Moon Ball. Well done. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
This is my newest RNG. I am so happy with this one because I caught it in Route 221 where 3 npcs trying to mess with my frame :). It will ev train sooner or later with a trick set <3

Untrained

Another cutie. <3 I love the Dive Ball and its shiny colors.

Quote:
So are you planning to ID abuse when you restart Jolteon? I might just take a page from your book and do the same thing if so haha. I wanna get good stuffs in HG. :(

Pichu lv. 1
Lightningrod | Timid
Cedric | 26099

Hmm well... In FR, my female Raichu is named Rosemary... You can name your male Raichu Amadeus... Don't ask for the reference! 8)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
discussion topic » Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?
Old June 7th, 2012 (9:43 PM). Edited June 7th, 2012 by johnny18.
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Awwww it's so cute I never realized how cute ;___; can i borrow it johnny
Uh, no. She's mine, no one can touch her lol JK. I haven't decided if I should trade her or not

Quote:
Cool. Did you ever finish the Silcoon?
Yes, I did and I rnged 5 others before I rnged Girafariq in that freaking route 221.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Another cutie. <3 I love the Dive Ball and its shiny colors.
Thanks Blade. You girl should RNG more mons with dive balls. <3
Old June 8th, 2012 (6:33 AM).
Banned

Due to our involvement in the Speed Trading event, the new challenge will be posted on Monday. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!
Old June 8th, 2012 (6:51 AM).
Super Boss Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Hmm well... In FR, my female Raichu is named Rosemary... You can name your male Raichu Amadeus... Don't ask for the reference! 8)
I know you said not to ask, but is that a very obscure reference to the rosemary plant that is known as Mozart?
Old June 8th, 2012 (10:10 AM).
Super ModeratorCS

Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?

Hacking is just blatant, too easy, and obviously not legit. No fun in just hacking in what you want as opposed to doing some work for it, I think.

Old June 8th, 2012 (10:42 AM). Edited June 8th, 2012 by Jolteon*.
Super Boss Trainer

Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?

RNG is more fun. Anybody can hack...but all my friends think I hack anyways because if they can't understand something it doesn't exist.

Solosis | Quiet | Magic Gaurd
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 0
Psywave
Nathan| 08484 (Black Version)

This will go with that Bronzong on my TR team
Old June 8th, 2012 (1:46 PM). Edited June 8th, 2012 by flyer1228.

Nature: Serious
Hi everyone! I really want to join this club, but I can't seem to figure out how to RNG. I've downloaded everything and I do the normal procedures.
1. Be in a place w/ lvl +50. have Poketech app on #5 save and reset.
2. Catch pokemon and enter it in Find Seed and click OK
3. Fill out everything (Inter. parents, Shiny, Id, SID) and click generate
Here is where my problem is. I ALWAYS get the same results here. There is always a serious and then a hasty and then a calm and so forth. What am I doing wrong???? After this I choose one and do the taps and flips and then I go to the daycare and put in my parents and when I hatch the egg, it isn't shiny. Help me please.

This is for D/P/Pt I am using RNG reporter 8.31

File Trade: Yes!
IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274 TSV: 0538
Old June 8th, 2012 (5:23 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

That's an old version. :( There's a link to the new one in the trade corner chat. You should try joining and getting help there. That's where I learned, along with Blade's guide, though it's 5th gen only. 5th gen RNG is a lot easier, jsyk. Also, 4th gen RNG is much easier on HGSS from what I understand.

Old June 8th, 2012 (5:45 PM).

Hi all,
I'm working on a new 4th gen guide so whoever's interested in 4th gen should go check it out. I can't post the link myself so someone's gonna post it after this post.
If you have any concerns regarding it hop on #tradecorner to find me. I'll be using my Smogon name in that chat. Happy hunting everyone.
Old June 8th, 2012 (5:55 PM).
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzsaber View Post
Hi all,
I'm working on a new 4th gen guide so whoever's interested in 4th gen should go check it out. I can't post the link myself so someone's gonna post it after this post.
If you have any concerns regarding it hop on #tradecorner to find me. I'll be using my Smogon name in that chat. Happy hunting everyone.
Since he can't post the guide, here it is: 4th Gen RNG http://bit.ly/MpHNI1 . I've used this myself and it works great! :D
Old June 8th, 2012 (9:37 PM).

Nature: Serious
Quote:
That's an old version. There's a link to the new one in the trade corner chat. You should try joining and getting help there. That's where I learned, along with Blade's guide, though it's 5th gen only. 5th gen RNG is a lot easier, jsyk. Also, 4th gen RNG is much easier on HGSS from what I understand.
Ah thanks. I preferred the older version because it had less stuff on it. XD I thought RNGing on HG,SS was a lot harder because theres tons of different requirements.

File Trade: Yes!
IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274 TSV: 0538
Old June 9th, 2012 (5:50 AM).
Banned

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
discussion topic » Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?

Because hacking is the use of an external device to get what you want, how you want it, and immediately. It requires no skill at all. RNG abuse is recognized as the most legitimate way to get shiny and flawless Pokemon by TPC and it requires skill and time to learn it. It isn't hard to hack... at all.
Old June 9th, 2012 (11:14 AM). Edited June 9th, 2012 by Greenbeans.
Guardian of Le Foret
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Hey guys i would like to join the rng club :D and here is my first rng!!
And i rng instead of hacking because it feels right, i dont want to get pokes by hacking, its just dumb and makes the game boring.

Modest|prankster (Shiny)
31/31/31/31/31/31
Jericho| 17312

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links