The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40 ★
OT: Peeta | ID: 42392
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

This is the ultimate troll himself, Thundurus! I've been working on him for WEEKS and I was glad to finally be able to get him, omg. At first, I just tried to get him on my white save, Scotty multiple times before I finally gave up. I got tired of doing 370 chatters only to miss... talk about an annoyance! So I decided to abuse my TID/SID combination in order to get more desirable shiny spread. This is where Peeta v1 comes in. I abuse the spread quickly on Thursday night and spend most of my time at work on Friday beating White until I can abuse Thundurus. So, I get there... my frame is 509 for shiny... I should be able to hit that with just a few chatters, right? WRONG. I do no chatters, I get 503. I do one and I get 512. I ask Smogonites about it and apparently there is no way that I can hit this frame. I get frustrated, but then immediately start trying out frames that I can hit on either seeds. I find one and hit it three times for Hasty with no chatters, woot. I re-abuse my IDs for Peeta v2 and spend most of today at work beating White again. I get to Thundurus and the first time I RNG him, he's Shiny! So here's the ***** himself!
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
CONGRATS MAC OMG. It looks great in that dive ball and hp ice mmm. <3 Awesome. :) Shiny Thundurus is actually pretty in my book haha.
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO!

That's pretty much what Mac did, srsly. I've abused both shiny Tornadus and Thundurus before he did and I didn't make a big deal of it (at least not in the club). But still good work, bro! I wouldn't have the patience to play white again, I admire that. I got lucky with my seeds. I was able to hit my seeds and I didn't know it can go that bad O.o

Warned with what happened to you, I will re-abuse my White ID for the Naive TROLLdurus.

Anyway: I'll add my old shiney genies to the hall of trolling:

Tornadus ♂ (lvl 40)

Nature: Jolly || Ability: Prankster || OT: ♠ゴンゾ♠ (1)
IVs: 31/31/31/22/31/31
Revenge|Air Cutter|Extrasensory|Agility

Thundurus ♂ (lvl 40)

Nature: Timid || Ability: Prankster || OT: Gonzo (2)
IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31 [HP Ice 70]
Revenge|Shock Wave|Heal Block|Agility

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
discussion topic » Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?
Of course I hack! Can't be bothered by RNG, takes soooo long!
Hacking isn't challenging, RNG gives you satisfaction when you get what you want, hacking gives you... nothing?
What's the most important to me, is that when I win a battle, I can be happy that my work and time wasn't pointless and now I get back the effort I put into it, great feeling. I like to know my pokemon from it's very first digit to it's last digit but without actually seeing those

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:14 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Some of my RNG's over the week (which is why I haven't posted in a while):

Eevee | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Anticipation | 31 31 30 30 30 30 [HP: Fighting 70]
Tackle, Helping Hand, Wish, Hidden Power.
[Hatched at Skyarrow Bridge]

Snowdrop | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Hasty | Snow Warning | 31 30 31 30 31 30 | [HP: Fire 70]
Leer, Seed Bomb, Avalanche, Skull Bash.
[Hatched at Twist Mountain]

Durant | Level 40
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Hustle | 31 31 31 11 31 31 [HP: Dark 70]
Metal Claw, Bug Bite, Crunch, Iron Head.
[Caught at Victory Road]

Litwick | Level 29
Aaron | 06293 | White
Modest | Flash Fire | 31 14 30 30 30 30 [HP: Fighting 70]
Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Imprison, Hex.
[Caught at Celestial Tower]

Drifloon | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Adamant | Unburden | 31 31 31 31 31 31 [HP: Dark 70]
Destiny Bond, Disable, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball.
[Hatched at Route 7]

Yanma | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Modest | Speed Boost | 31 31 31 30 30 31 [HP: Ground 70]
Tackle, Foresight, Hidden Power, Protect.
[Hatched at Route 3]

Proton | Level 1
Touko | 39737 | Black
Timid | Plus | 31 31 31 31 31 30 | [HP: Ice 70]
Growl, Wish, Discharge.
[Hatched at Nimbasa City]

Electron | Level 1
Touko | 39737 | Black
Timid | Minus | 31 31 31 31 31 30 | [HP: Ice 70]
Growl, Wish, Discharge.
[Hatched at Nimbasa City]

Old June 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

bzzt. That Drifloon is soooo cute. :) I RNG'd a umm...a Whismur yesterday. It was a bp. I still have a Deino bp to do today then I think I'mma RNG my bf something as part of his birthday present, even though I don't think he has his DS with him. :(

Here's the Whismur btw:

Forte / Whismur lv. 1
Soundproof | Quiet
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/5
[ Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Hammer Arm, Work Up ]
-hatched in Nimbasa City-
Old June 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Alright everyone, I know that we've had quite a break from challenges but it's time for them to open up again. I hope everyone has enjoyed the discussion as much as I have! It's been great seeing what you guys think on RNG and everything without the monotony of challenges the way they were. You all should prepare for a slight change in challenge mechanics!

Challenge #21: RNG a Pokemon that you've love to hug! Everyone wants to hug something... so show us how you feel! Give us all hugs for Father's Day!

The challenge expires on June 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM UTC-4.

Last edited by Cordelia; June 15th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hi everyone, this is my 1st GOOD rng.
And my pokemon is cute lovable, and cuddly, and loves to zap people when you hug them! Pichu is the perfect huggable pokemon, just the right size and sooo cute <3

Pichu lv. 1
Lightningrod (DW) | Jolly
OF: Jericho | 17312
31/31/31/31/31/31
Fake Out, Encore, Tickle, Volt Tackle
~Hatched at Route 3~
Non-Redis

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I FINALLY GOT THE TROLL!

Tornadus ♂ Lv. 40 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 4, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Revenge, Air Cutter, Extrasensory, Agility
Non-Redis

Well after working for this troll for over a week, I got it! I am soooooooooo proud of this RNG because I didn't have to RNG my IDs for get it like Thundurus. :3

Last edited by Cordelia; June 19th, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Hey, hey! As you probably know, eggmove.com, the website with encounter slots is currently shot down.

Don't worry, you can find encounter slots as Excel files:
Gen 4: http://bit.ly/LV7ajU
Gen 3 and 5: http://bit.ly/LS5ZRg

Good luck with the challenge, everyone!

What should I abuse this time... *thinks*

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:27 PM
LittleSKY

Blastoise lv.100 @ Choice Scarf
Torrent | Modest
Bruce | 55821
31/
31/31/31/31/31 Hp Dark
[Water Spout, Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam ]
Ev's : 6 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
-hatched in Undella Bay-

If given a chance to hug a Pokemon, it would be Blastoise because he's my all time favorite Pokemon since Blue Version, I still remember back then when I was a child (Ah good old times *sniff* *sniff*), I always put my Pokemon action figures beside me before i sleep specially this one, So why not hug a Pokemon that's been part of my childhood.

Time Zone: GMT+08:00 Beijing/Hongkong

Last edited by LittleSKY; June 18th, 2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Cordelia
Banned

My REAL challenge entry:

Marill ♂ Lv. 1
Ability: Huge Power
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Tackle, Aqua Jet, Superpower, Waterfall
Non-Redis

Now, I present my real challenge entry! I decided to RNG Marill because he is just the cutest Pokemon that is also incredibly useful in the VGC metagame as Azumarill. I just love how it's a cute rabbit that is also a total badass! Incidentally, it's one of Blade's favorite Pokemon and we all know how much I love my pair and want to hug her!
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
My REAL challenge entry:

Marill ♂ Lv. 1
Ability: Huge Power
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Tackle, Aqua Jet, Superpower, Waterfall
Non-Redis

Now, I present my real challenge entry! I decided to RNG Marill because he is just the cutest Pokemon that is also incredibly useful in the VGC metagame as Azumarill. I just love how it's a cute rabbit that is also a total badass! Incidentally, it's one of Blade's favorite Pokemon and we all know how much I love my pair and want to hug her!
Now that is a huggable pokemon <3

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Crescend
Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
My first challenge entry:

Mareep Lvl 1
Name: Pillow
31/0/31/31/31/31
Nature: Modest
Ability: Plus

I mean c'mon, its a pink sheep :3 how could you resist that? It looks so soft... I gave it the ability Plus so it's always on a positive mood

Edit: I been starting to get my team together too this past week:

Riolu
Adamant
31/31/31/XX/31/31
Inner focus

Gligar
Impish
31/31/31/XX/31/31
Immunity

Frillish
Calm
31/0/31/31/31/31
Water Absorb

Last edited by Crescend; June 17th, 2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added shtuff
Old June 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Tangela | Level 1
Touko | 39737 | Black
Bold | Regenerator | 31 30 31 30 31 30 | [HP: Fire 70]
Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm.
[Hatched at Pinwheel Forest]

For my challenge entry I decided to RNG a Tangela/Tangrowth. Aside from being my 3rd favourite Pokémon, who could resist a big hug from Tangrowth? And I'm not just saying that because of how you probably couldn't break free of Tangrowth's vines when it does. I think it would be really hard to have a Tangrowth and not hug it, its artwork is even calling you over for one.
Old June 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
RNGs galore!

Heatran
31/x/31/30/31/31

Cresselia
31/x/31/31/31/31

Darkrai
31/x/31/31/31/31

Shaymin
31/x/31/30/31/30

As for the discussion topic, I think that, while it is an exploit, it's still not hacking. You're not using any external device attached to the game itself to get what you want. I mean, you technically could do all of the things you do to RNG a Pokemon completely at random (although it's very unlikely). And I like putting in work to get my Pokemon. It makes them mean more to me.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:00 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40 ★
OT: Peeta | ID: 42392
Nature: Hasty
IVs: 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

This is the ultimate troll himself, Thundurus! I've been working on him for WEEKS and I was glad to finally be able to get him, omg. At first, I just tried to get him on my white save, Scotty multiple times before I finally gave up. I got tired of doing 370 chatters only to miss... talk about an annoyance! So I decided to abuse my TID/SID combination in order to get more desirable shiny spread. This is where Peeta v1 comes in. I abuse the spread quickly on Thursday night and spend most of my time at work on Friday beating White until I can abuse Thundurus. So, I get there... my frame is 509 for shiny... I should be able to hit that with just a few chatters, right? WRONG. I do no chatters, I get 503. I do one and I get 512. I ask Smogonites about it and apparently there is no way that I can hit this frame. I get frustrated, but then immediately start trying out frames that I can hit on either seeds. I find one and hit it three times for Hasty with no chatters, woot. I re-abuse my IDs for Peeta v2 and spend most of today at work beating White again. I get to Thundurus and the first time I RNG him, he's Shiny! So here's the ***** himself!
Congratz!!! Mac! He's great! I WANT HIM! :D
I need to RNG somefing amazzink!
Old June 19th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

5 hours left, so RNG your entries, m'kay? :D

I am the judge this time and I won't post an entry, but a prize. Yes, a prize. That's all I can say for now.

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Hi guys. I was planning on entering this challenge, but I had a death in the family and my computer is still messed up etc. I was going to do Togepi -> Togekiss because it's cute and fluffy and my dad bought me my Togekiss plushie, so I thought it tied in well with Father's Day and stuff. I was gonna name it Walden, after my paw paw who passed. But yeah...unfortunately though, I lost my DS wifi because I lived with my paw paw and I'll have to move back to my mom's most likely, whose wifi is not compatible with my DS. idk if I'll be able to use wifi there on my 3DS. I likely won't be able to trade anymore, or get RNG parents from Pokecheck. Most I can do is captures or breeds with parent Pokemon that I already have. But I'll still try to check this thread often, even though my motivation is kinda gone.
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

OK! It's time to introduce our new challenge mechanics!

First of all, we decided to remove the leaderboard. You can keep the track of your challenges via Past Challenges spoiler you can find at the bottom of the first post.

Secondly, since the scoreboard's points didn't give you actual profit, we decided to start a prize system: you can choose the next challenge or you can decide to be a judge in the next challenge (which is introduced by one of the owners).
We think that participating in your own challenge is the best fun and no one knows better than you which Pokemon could shine so we give you the opportunity to win the challenge once again!
If you pick to judge, you can never know what crazy idea comes to our mind and what will you have to judge! Judging means that you have to provide a special prize for the winner instead of your challenge entry. Don't worry, your redis rights, they apply in the club as well.

And the last thing we want to change is the frequency of the challenges. We think that a day for cooldown would be good. But it would be bad if we didn't do anything on that day, wouldn't it? That's why we want to call it the Discussion Day! We're very happy when you reply to the current discussion topic anytime, but we'd like to have a special day when we can share our thoughts and RNG projects (RNGing a new team? Share it!) so the post won't be lost between challenge entries. If you want to suggest a topic, feel free to PM Mac, Blade or me. And no, you don't have to be a winner to suggest a topic!

It took us a lot of time to think of those ideas, lots of talking, even arguing, but all in all, we're glad of the commitnents we've made. We hope, you'll be satisfied as well!

Now it's time for my entry - the prize:

Exeggcute ♀ (lvl 13)
->
Nature: Timid || Ability: Chlorophyll || OT: Camilla (20702)
IVs: 31/4/31/30/31/30 [HP Fire 68]
Uproar|Hypnosis|Reflect|Leech Seed
- Semi-Redis if in Trophy Case, available in 4th and 5th Gen -

I picked Exeggcutor because it looks so hugable! I'm sure it's body is fuzzy and it can't resist your hug, never. Well, it could if it had arms, but apparently it doesn't, so it can't resist you wrap your hands around. Why would it want to resist, by the way? All it can do is just smile with all it's heads that it's loved by you! Ball matches it's shiny sprite.

Time to choose the winner:
Spoiler:
Vaporeon7's Tangela!

I really love the description! I can imagine myself tangled in Tangrowth's vines strangled almost to death, crying to release me! Just like Ash's Muk when everytime it saw his trainer. Hilarious. This entry woke my imagination up and that's why it's worth the prize!

Vaporeon7, be sure to PM one of the owners with either the new challenge or the will of judging

A shoutout for Crescend's Pillow. The name matches Mareep perfectly! Really cute.

Since it's the first challenge in the new formula and I had a few bloopers while getting my Exeggcute (you have to check encounter slots of Headbutt trees on your own...), all participants (but the winner) can get one of those two:

Ledyba ♀
(lvl 13) (lvl 15)
Nature: Timid || Ability: Early Bird || OT: Camilla (20702)
IVs: 31/4/31/30/31/30 [HP Fire 68]
- Non-Redis, available in 4th and 5th gen -

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Congratulations, Vappy! I will be updating the first post sometime today or tonight.

How did you discover RNG? Did someone introduce it to you, did you find it by accident (more or less), or was there some other way? Share your experience!

Last edited by Cordelia; June 20th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old June 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Crescend
Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
How did you discover RNG? Did someone introduced it to you, you found it (more or less) by an accident or was it some other way? Share your experience!

Well I used to be a pure breeder until a few months ago, when I got pissed at the game for not being able to get the strongest possible IV's for my pokemon through anything other than pure luck. I'd tried every possible way but 3 maxed IV's was the best I could do. I got curious as to how the trading shops and quick trade thread had such an abundance of perfect pokemons despite the low in-game propability. This's when I stumbled upon the heaven that is called RNG.
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

How did you discover RNG? Did someone introduced it to you, you found it (more or less) by an accident or was it some other way? Share your experience!

I was curious as to how you could get a flawless Pokemon. I kept seeing the word RNG a lot so I googled it and dicovered that was how you could get a shiny flawless Pokemon. After reading a couple of guides, I decided to give it a shot. I was so thrilled when I hatched my first shiny, an Eevee of course. :D

Old June 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
My recent RNGs :D

#389: Torterra l l l Level: 100
OT: Solares l Black l ID: 01020
Nature: Brave l Ability: Overgrow
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EV: 4 Def/252 Att/254 HP
Moves: Wood Hammer - Rock Slide - Earthquake - Protect

#395: Empoleon l l l Level: 100
Nature: Calm l Ability: Torrent
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV: 4 Spe/252 Sp.D/254 HP
Moves: Ice Beam - Grass Knot - Roar - Stealth Rock

#392: Infernape l l l Level: 100
Nature: Naive l Ability: Blaze
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV: 64 Sp.Atk/252 Att/192 Spe
Moves: Close Combat - Overheat - Mach Punch - U-turn

I discovered RNG when I tried to wonder how RNC gets a whole collection of shiny pokemons while I barely had anything worthy. I asked her and she introduced me to RNG and I am glad I asked for it.
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM
EmbC

Hi, everyone! EmbC is back with an RNG'd Solosis:
#577Solosis ♀ (level 1)
OT: Eduardo ♂ (Black, 19026/48427)
Quiet - Magic Guard - 31/0/31/31/31/0 - Untrained
Mangueiras

Ma trade thread : Two steps to madness

Last edited by EmbC; June 21st, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Nature: Hardy
Finally joining the club. ;)

"How did you discover RNG? Did someone introduce it to you, did you find it by accident (more or less), or was there some other way? Share your experience!"

I think I learned about it around the time I started my old trade thread. I had hung around the Trade Corner a lot at the time, and I visited a few threads with several high IV, shiny Pokemon. The words "RNG abuse" has popped up somewhere along the line, and I've been interested in the process ever since.

Also, I did my first successful RNG catch on White today! (Which is how this Pokemon got it's nickname)

Victory ♂ | Bold | Leaf Guard
Level 47
31/31/31/31/31/31 [HP Dark 70]
AncientPower, Natural Gift, Slam, Tackle

Also, I'm trying to catch another Pokemon. I'm on the step where you copy your seed to clipboard after finding it in the time finder, and then you paste it into the box on the main window (after selecting Gen 5 PIDRNG and having all the other necesities filled in/selected). When I paste any seed with "None" for Required Lead, the rest of the process goes smoothly, and I am able to RNG the target easily. However, whenever I paste a seed with anything requiring a cute charm lead, my match doesn't show up on the list. ;n; (I'm using the latest version of RNG Reporter, btw) Anyone know what's wrong? I'll provide screenshots if needed.

Challenge ForumCompleted Challenges List ♠ Current Challenges: #swablunest
"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links