Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM
RingoH

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
GRRRrrrr.... I was determining my parameters on my spare DS Lite for my Black 2. I don't like changing the date and time on my one DS so that it doesn't mess up my ability to enter Dream World... but my spare DS I hadn't found my Black 2(Or White 2 for that matter) paramaters... Never do this at 1AM, that's the lesson I learned. So the "good news" first... out of a dozen tries... I got two different Timer0's each once, and a third Timer0 a whole ten times! I keep reading that on B2/W2 so many people are having issues with too many different Timer0s making their RNGing time consuming... The Bad news (mildly... a tiny bit... Heartbreaking)... On my last go at it when I was happy with my results... I saved my game instead of resetting... Meaning... I captured my Virizion without RNGing it... and wasted my Masterball all in the process.... I'm making a bigger deal out of it than I should... but on my first time checking my parameters my Virizion was a supper lucky one with three perfect IV's... and the one I hit save on has two decent IV's and the rest aren't great, including one that is a "0". Live and learn... 1AM and things like this don't mix.

HOWEVER:
After doing this I was sucessful in my first Hidden Grotto RNG abuse:

#132 Ditto ♁ (level 47)
OT: RINGO ♂ (Black 2, 53077/12320)
Relaxed - Imposter - 31/27/31/27/31/30 - Untrained
HP -- ICE / 70
Transform - *** - *** - ***

And my first two tries at this Ditto I fainted it. Then the next few I had it down in the red and used all my Premier balls (What I wanted it in), followed by all my Ultra Balls. Then on my next attempt, my first hit was a little more than half way, and I new a second attack would take it out (I forgot a false swipe user)... I threw a Premier ball and caught it on the first one!

I also have two more Entra Link abuses from my Black:

#185 Sudowoodo ♀ (level 10)
OT: RUSH ♀ (Black, 2112/24292)
Bold - Rattled - 23/23/27/30/30/30 - Untrained
HP -- FLYING / 70
Flail - Low Kick - Rock Throw - Role Play

#77 Ponyta ♀ (level 10)
OT: RUSH ♀ (Black, 2112/24292)
Careful - Flame Body - 30/30/31/30/31/31 - Untrained
HP -- GRASS / 70
Growl - Tackle - Tail Whip - Ember
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Haven't RNG'd in so long.
I did these two recently.

Yenny ♀
Timid | Solar Power | 31, 2, 30, 31, 30, 30
Absorb, Growth, Morning Sun, Sunny Day
Sophia [08080]
Bred on Black and hatched on White 2.
My shop mascot.

Aurgelmir
Lonely | Pressure | 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
Glaciate, Dragon Pulse, Imprison, Endeavor
Mia [64446]
RNG'd for Wiilio. :)
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Great abuses, Mia!

Fresh Dream Radar abuse. CAUTION! Still hot! :D

ボルトロス ♂ (lvl 40)

Nature: Naive || Ability: Volt Absorb || OT: ♠カミラ♠ (0)
IVs: 31/31/31/30/30/30 [HP Flying 70]
Revenge|Shock Wave|Heal Block|Agility

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:49 PM
flyer1228

Nature: Serious
Hey guys! I've finally managed to learn how to do Capture RNG.

Kricketune
Careful Male Lv.16
31/31/31/31/31/06

Roselia
Modest Female Lv.16
31/31/19/31/31/31

Psyduck
Modest Female Lv.24
31/31/19/31/31/31

Question: My game has really bad shiny capture possibilities. Is there anyway to change that? I mean the highest capture I can get near flawless would be 28/27/31/26/31/25.
I love battling (though i'm no good) and Shiny hunting.

File Trade: Yes!
IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274 TSV: 0538
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer1228 View Post
Hey guys! I've finally managed to learn how to do Capture RNG.

Kricketune
Careful Male Lv.16
31/31/31/31/31/06

Roselia
Modest Female Lv.16
31/31/19/31/31/31

Psyduck
Modest Female Lv.24
31/31/19/31/31/31

Question: My game has really bad shiny capture possibilities. Is there anyway to change that? I mean the highest capture I can get near flawless would be 28/27/31/26/31/25.
For 4th gen you need to RNG abuse your ID/SID to get a flawless shiny spread.
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:44 PM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
For 4th gen you need to RNG abuse your ID/SID to get a flawless shiny spread.
I happen to just like RNGing my ID to have a nice vanity ID. I don't believe in owning truly perfect Pokemon, I think their IV's are part of what makes each one unique and when we own only perfect ones they all become so identical I feel we almost might as well be cloning them... That said... I DO believe in RNGing their stats pretty high, and especially in using RNG to get perfect or near perfect Hidden Powers (Even my Imposter Ditto has a Perfect Hidden Power -- Despite that I don't battle -- Despite that even if that changed I really doubt the chance that an opponent will have Hidden Power as a move the Pokemon uses... I like knowing that it's part of the personality of my DItto I worked so hard on). Oh, FYI, the same Ditto is probably the closest to perfect I will ever LIKELY RNG... doesn't mean I won't change my mind for something special.

Little off topic asside... I'm looking to RNG my other copy of Black... Wondering what it should be though... I'm thinking a cool looking palidromic number (I.e. something like 12321)... or the first few digits of Pi... Any suggestions? I'm looking for pure vanity purposes, not aiming to make specific spreads shiny.

Hopefully someone will have a fun suggestion on my next ID... Hope you all have a Happy New Year.

PS--
I've been meaning to ask since I started posting again after being away so long... will challenges ever come back?

Last edited by RingoH; December 31st, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added to original post
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here