The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > New Staff Lounge (archive)

Notices

New Staff Lounge (archive) This forum was used in PokéCommunity's 2012 April Fools Day prank. All content in this forum is fabricated for the entertainment of the reader.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
Seriously, it is THE most pointless boards that exists on PC.

It is just a massive spam ground for members. All they do is spam the board with the same stuff they do in OC and OVP. I haven't posted in there for ages because it is pointless.

Every couple of months, we get some members wanting it to be more active and better, there is a week or two of people rallying and being awesome and majorly active, then it dies on its arse, gets inactive and we are back to square one.

Can we please remove this board? It is a stain on the forum that I browse and I know others feel the same way because we had a big, group conversation on MSN last night. I won't name names, because they are going to share their opinion on their own.

If you are against the removal, why? Why would you stand up for a board that doesn't do anything apart from give members a + post count.
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Forever

Agreed entirely. That one thread uhhh you laff u lose? Yeah it's a spampit. People post there to get their post count up imo because they're not even following the four word rule and just posting stupid useless unfunny images. All for its removal. Sure I'll miss caption contests there but really, they have a low turnout anyway so it's not that it'll matter.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
We have it because it provides an extra perk for donating, which helps Steve make the moneys he needs. I know there aren't a whole stack of people that post there regularly, but a few people enjoy it so why take it away? Who's it hurting?

It seems a little hypocritical to me that we're apparently so above caring about post count, yet it annoys us that other people do. So what if upping their post count is what they're doing? Good luck to them! We seem to care a lot about post count for people who don't care about post count.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Forever

It's spammy, Shining. It's like we're encouraging members to be spammy. We don't want that. If they think they can do anything they'll continue pushing our limits until we crack. >___>; I really really don't want that. Plus it's useless. Why keep a useless forum?

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
~ pumpka
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

It's a forum. A forum is for enjoyment. There are people who enjoy posting in VIP forum, ergo it's not useless. I just think there's a very fine line between being mods and being the fun police. Who even cares? Why do we need to overthink everything? It's not even that bad lol, just leave it alone.

Old March 5th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

Guys, we have to let the """""VIP's""""" have their inflated ego SOME HOW. As if a god damn italic blue user name, with a userbar below wasn't enough.
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Sammi
I ate my usertitle. :(

Back in my day, there was none of this "tier" crap. All you got was the username color. Not even a userbar! If they were willing to donate then with no perks, they should be willing to donate now. :/

I'm all for the removal of the VIP forum. They can post in real threads.
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Oh, so our forums aren't a big spam pit as well? I'm with Andy. Let them have their perk.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Oh, so our forums aren't a big spam pit as well? I'm with Andy. Let them have their perk.
Yeh... great attitude to adopt. "It's all crappy already so just leave it be."

Do you even care anymore, of can you not be bothered anymore?
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Okay, here's what we do: we delete the VIP forum but leave it as listed in the perks. That way people donate for it, and we can conveniently "forget" to edit it out of the perk list whenever people point it out. I mean, it's just members anyway, it doesn't really matter if they get the perk or not.
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

That isn't a bad idea.
They will moan for the first couple of minutes then lose the will to complain and just roll over and accept it.

They aren't missing out.
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Forever

That seems to be good. Either that or delete half the threads there and just let them have the DCC + caption contest. Everything else is completely useless.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

~ pumpka
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
But the problem is that they aren't using it. The forum is utterly dead. I'm with Tou- we just hide it and pretend nothing happened. Not that anybody will even realize it's gone for a few months.

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Atleti / Liverpool 2014
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Did the amount of donations go up since the VIP fourm's introduction? If it did, and there has been a noticeable increase (that can't just be explained with "we have more members anyhow" because that's also a general factor for more donations) that remains consistent, then we shouldn't get rid of it too fast. It wouldn't sit right with me to take away something that possibly brings in more donations for PC than what it normally gets.

I don't really know what to do with it, since I'm not a donator (yet). We could just faze it out and wait through the drama that will unfold then. Because yeah, I think no one will notice that it's gone after a while. They don't use it while it's sitting there (other than for a spam pit), so it wouldn't make much sense for every donator to miss it when it goes.
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Sun Knight>>

Nature: Modest
I had someone donate for me just to get a look in there and what did I see? A rotting carcass of a forum.

Just do the Spring Cleaning already.

“The benevolent God of Light will forgive your sins.”

Old March 5th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Yeh... great attitude to adopt. "It's all crappy already so just leave it be."

Do you even care anymore, of can you not be bothered anymore?
Did you talk to your English teachers with that grammar? OF? You mean OR? Right? Right.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

Instead of removing it, why don't we try something productive and proactive and actually improve the forum's? Or is that too far-fetched of an idea? I agree that right now its a completely pointless spam pit, but that doesn't mean it's completely hopeless of improving. Why don't we try that before we nuke it?
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Forever

All of us have tried though, Nick. I know I sure have and it's become so pointless that trying doesn't really get it anywhere. If we have to do anything I want the spam reduced. Keep the forum but delete the spammy laff u luse thread if you have to. Useless.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

~ pumpka
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

So... can we have some form of action on this?

I don't want to sit here and bring it up in a months time, because you all forgot about it and no one could be arsed to do anything.
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Totally in for removing it. It wasn't as active when I donated back then, and it hasn't improved today. I'm ready to say goodbye to it.

I only donated for the blog.
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

I think you're all just waking up on the wrong side of nobody every morning. Why do you have to be such grinches? The forum is hurting nobody, all I'm hearing once again is "this annoys me so lets remove it". Just leave it the hell alone. Jesus.

Old April 1st, 2012, 02:32 AM
Ray Maverick
You. Yes, YOU! You are DEAD!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
lol, what is read cannot be unread...

***Just sayin'
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:11 AM
twocows
Penguin

I guess I didn't see this the first time around, but I still support it. It's just an area where people who donated get to pretend they're better because they have more money. It's classism at its worst, and like some of you guys said, it's just a spam section anyway.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Zet

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocows View Post
I guess I didn't see this the first time around, but I still support it. It's just an area where people who donated get to pretend they're better because they have more money. It's classism at its worst, and like some of you guys said, it's just a spam section anyway.
I don't go out of my way to make people know that I'm better(and slightly richer) than them.
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:15 AM
twocows
Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post

I don't go out of my way to make people know that I'm better(and slightly richer) than them.
That's rich, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links